the new attraction system is a joke change my mind

Likah

1 hour ago, Pimpen said:

What math is it just took me 623 fights to get Val Red Battler. If was not on sale to buy villain attacks would never have got her this event. I pretty sure will not get the other one cause spent way to much Koban on first one. I spent 3000 Koban to get one "f"ing girl with new system never spent half that much in old system without the sale.

Ouch. I feel for you dude. I just got her with 95 battles. (1 refill.) I already had Val Abrael and no pachinko for me so I am finished the event.

Right now, I have the following thoughts:

1. Making some tangible progress towards the goal of getting a girl feels better than the "will I or won't I" under the old system. I'm feeling like I have a shot to get both girls on bosses in this event, and even if I don't, I will likely do better than I would've normally under the old system. I've been getting one of two frequently, and I'm 79% of the way to one already, so that looks good.

How a player feels while playing can be more important than actual results. There are numerous ways to get to the same end results (especially when looking at averages), so the feel is the difference between those things.

2. I expect we'll have a bunch of complaining about not getting versus bragging about getting as usual when this event's done. I want to see how much different the tone is of the comments, and the volume coming down on the various points of view.

• Like 3

On 2/13/2019 at 4:24 PM, Taka007 said:

I think this sums it up quite well. If the 'instant drop' works like before this is an actual improvement. And looking at Finalmecia, that still holds two girl I was never able to get and who gave me 7 shards in 20 fights I at the very least see a chance to get that girl before the end of time. Before this system it felt like it didnt even matter as every attempt had the same (nonexistant) chance as all the 1000 fights before. In that regard I like this system IF the instant drop rate is still the same.

That said, they should have timed it better. Its rather unlikely to get the girls with what little time was left and for players that are still struggling with them the system feels more like mocking than help. Its like: heeey, its great you put 11 days in the event and didnt get them. Here, have a couple of shards before the event ends so you can always see in your harem that you got at least a tiny piece of them. If this event had the system implemented the whole 12 days it would have probably been much better accepted as many people would have seen the progress over the event and would have gotten them with positive feeling.

The only annoying part here is missing out on the money, but here lies the question whether shards outweigh the income they replaced which for most people is probably a "yes".

That was one of my many gripes: the money aspect.  With the system as it was we got a payout from the bosses on a win if we were still to get a girl.  I might do a calculation using the boss that holds a girl I haven't got and see how much money I have given up for shards leading to that frightfully good situation when my girl's shard level is at 100 and I finally get her.  This could be telling.

It just seems like HH looked at some of our suggestions, cherry-picked them and corrupted them, somehow managing to create a system that is crap for just about every one of us.  It's all aimed at getting us to use kobans, but guess what folks... this ain't gonna work with me.  In fact it'll make me all the more determined to save kobans for EP.  It won't even be worth wasting them on Legendary Days either because I understand that the shard acquisition rate for these events is quite low which means that our chances of ever getting a girl in the four days available is about zilch, even if we fork out another 3 days worth of koban-fuelled combativity recharges.  This eniquity seriously needs to be reconsidered if players are not to become so discouraged as to give up the game altogether.

Regarding that gentleman who was full of praise as it applies to regular boss girls (common)... While Karole is at lvl 200 in my Peckerbird account (that's 700 tries for no successes so far), I got Willow in my Peregrine Took account when Karole was levelled at 137 or 138 under the old system.  That's 70 or 80 tries.  So they could still drop and surprisingly quickly.  With the new system I have Toshiko on 15 shards and Rin on 5 in Peregrine Took.  It'll probably be close to 900 tries at this rate before Toshiko looks even remotely like getting enough shards to drop.  The drop rate has always been very low for common girls and the new setup is no different by what I have observed so far, except that for Silvanus I'm picking up a regular supply of shards for Sylvia (my Bryan account), but she's still only at 25 after all the muck ups and bugs with the server account last event, my guide to time elapsed.  I'm wondering whether the 'drop rate' has been set differently for Karole and this new system would at least allow me to evaluate this likelihood.

We going to have to change our terminology from 'drops'.  There's no such thing any more.  Instead, the girls are 'full'.  It's just not the same and the CGI is underwhelming to say the least.  It needs a complete rethink.  Sorry guys, but you've messed up totally this time.

• Like 1

I suppose I didn't state my stance on the new system in my previous comments. While I am for the new system, due to at least seeing my progress and knowing when I'll eventually get the girl. I was more miff about the placement of the patch at the final day of the Valentine's 2019 event. They could've just as easily launch the new patch with the current event at the reset time.

I was getting quite tired of the old system of heavy swing RNGs and just not getting lucky at all, especially because I never use Kobans to refill nor pay cash for Kobans. Never been a whale but more like a slight blood thirsty shark.

I am curious about the event girls being available in Epic Pachiko however.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The idea of getting shards and advancing towards a goal is great

But NOT getting shards per fight is awful. Very awful. Terrible.

I do not like that getting shards is still a matter of "luck". Thats terrible.

The shards arent dropping in good numbers. It is still too random. 

I guess trying to get both event girls now is going to be impossible.... it is very sad that getting event girls will only happen if you use all your money to refill....

Honestly the devs constantly do this. They half ass ideas, see we aren't happy, and two or three 'attempts' to fix it later maybe they get it.....well I don't know about 'right' but 'better'.  I remember like 2 years ago when they first started changing around the economy system.  People ran the numbers and quickly found out upgrade costs would spiral out of control.  It took the devs until like summer or something to get around to changing to the rarity system so prices wouldn't be so out of hand.  So.....maybe by the end of the year we'll see an improvement on the shard system.

Devs this is real simple.  You need to put in a maximum amount of fights a player can go without any shard drops, say like 5.  I'd prefer shards in ever fight, even if it's only 1, and you can't cut off the money flow either, shards need to drop with money.  The fact that your newest boss doesn't even drop money....i can't even wrap my mind around why you decided that or what your goal is, but that's a separate conversation.

• Like 3

i dont know why this shard system has so many negative feedback. i think its really an improvement to before. ok, i wished some kind of general shards which can be used on all girls or some kind of exchange system. but maybe we get it later. anyways, we keep or process for event girls so with every event from now we get closer to the girls we want. in compare to the previous system where we started at 0 each time is a big improvement. and i saw a lot of bad patches already from kk, but this one is a good one, so cant really understand why so many ppl gave negative feedback to a system which is well meant to the players. yes its not perfect and there can be done some more and there r still bugs which need to be fixed, but atm i am relative optimistic ^^

• Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, BananaJoy said:

i dont know why this shard system has so many negative feedback. i think its really an improvement to before. ok, i wished some kind of general shards which can be used on all girls or some kind of exchange system. but maybe we get it later. anyways, we keep or process for event girls so with every event from now we get closer to the girls we want. in compare to the previous system where we started at 0 each time is a big improvement. and i saw a lot of bad patches already from kk, but this one is a good one, so cant really understand why so many ppl gave negative feedback to a system which is well meant to the players. yes its not perfect and there can be done some more and there r still bugs which need to be fixed, but atm i am relative optimistic ^^

I think it's that the element of pure chance - a jackpot if you like - has now gone.  Because of this I managed, in the past, to get both event girls from bosses in the 14 (now 12) days of an event.  A couple of times a girl dropped after the very first try.  Even with the 5 day revivals I had similar luck.  No chance of this happening now.

The new system is boringly predictable.  I just clock up shards until... Voila... the girl silhouette shows she's full of love for me, no wonderful thrill of that descending black shadow - the classic drop and the probable origin of the term 'girl drop'.

Earlier I said I expected to get Abrael before the end of the revival in my Peckerbird account; I have to revise this prediction.  I've now gone 40 further tries without any gain of shards for her.  She was the one holdout girl in my six accounts when I played over 7 days trying last year, but it is possible I'll fail again.  There seem to be downsides over shard allocation with few upsides - for instance, no instant win anymore with no x100 shard gain.  I accept going through a full round without any shard gains IF the quid pro quo was that rare lucky break with a big boost in shards a possibility to keep my interest alive.

To reiterate, my biggest gripe is the demise of the girl drop animation - that wonderfully thrilling (and sometimes so surprising it's a shock) big black shadow shrinking into place to morph into the girl.  Unless we could work out the girl's outline as she's descending, who she is remains a mystery until her complete pose appears (assuming there is more than one girl to gain from the boss).  The end of that animation is pure boohoohoo time for me and I'm sad that HH have introduced such a bland and boring alternative.

image.png.fda188e2e150929c02238e7dc3261797.png

image.png.f6da0fd6cb13a218ed75a0341c4cd510.png

Not ideal (as her gain was a certainty at this time), but Val Mani should help illustrate what I mean.  Will the daily event mission rewards lose this animation sequence too?  To end like a Donald Trump tweet... SAD.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

To reiterate, my biggest gripe is the demise of the girl drop animation - that wonderfully thrilling (and sometimes so surprising it's a shock) big black shadow shrinking into place to morph into the girl.  Unless we could work out the girl's outline as she's descending, who she is remains a mystery until her complete pose appears (assuming there is more than one girl to gain from the boss).  The end of that animation is pure boohoohoo time for me and I'm sad that HH have introduced such a bland and boring alternative.

I second this, the girl shadow animation was great, i only wish the girl stayed in the shadow and you had to click a reveal button to reveal who is was, just so you could have some more time to guess who it is.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pozi said:

Don't you miss the stars, too? Now everything looks less animated, so much serious

I pretty much prefer the new version as it's way less flashy and way more light/responsive. My brain is doing just fine without the dopamine inducing animations and your will be too in the long run.

My problems with the new system are- way too high rng(you can go with more than 40fights without getting even a single shard), way too low rewards(when you get only 3 shards and you are far from obtaining 100, it feels like punishment because you don't get the money but a measly 1-3shards). Moreover as it is now, it still doesn't provide the bad luck protection we are sorely lacking. So if your luck is bad, you still can spend kobans equalt to 20 epic pachinko spins and more without even getting near to obtaining the girl. The devs mentioned that the original  purely rng based system was behind the success of the game, well nobody likes rng when it hurts them. Why not have the rng mecahincs of incidental drops, but a hidden cap which would prevent a case in which you have spend kobans equal to 200$ without getting a girl. Yesh maybe you got 30-50-80shards, but this will feel more like salt in the wound rather than a progress you have made.

The only reason i could think of shards not dropping every fight(with an increased requurements for different girls) is it would give people a feeling and a way to calculate drop rates be it indirectly.

Offtopic, i wasted 3200 kobans on the event pachinko to get 8 pieces of legendary gear( 1of every type  without the specific knowhow i need.) I can't think any differe t about them but as wasted.

So I've started a thread in the 'feedback' section about the system.  Anyone here with major points they want to bring up, good and bad, I suggest copy and pasting your posts over there as well as the devs strongly suggest posting feedback in....well the feedback section.

I suggest staying away from just making comments like 'the system sucks/the new system is so much better'.  Be specific, so we all can understand where everyone is coming from with their stance.

13 hours ago, EpicBacon said:

I second this, the girl shadow animation was great, i only wish the girl stayed in the shadow and you had to click a reveal button to reveal who is was, just so you could have some more time to guess who it is.

I will say again and again: I want the old girl drop animation back.

• Like 1

I can confirm my feelings of anticipated disappointment.  I 'filled' Abrael in my Peckerbird account (and got 10 epic flowers - oh joy!).  Yes I have to lament the loss of the shadow.  As a little joke they could've showed her 'overflowing with love' and blowing her stack when I gained more attraction shards than she could handle - like plunging an alcohol thermometer into boiling water and watching it explode.  I was laughing to myself thinking about it, the only way I could overcome my grief at the loss of my favourite aspect of this game.

12 hours ago, BryVaz said:

I think it should increase the fall of the pieces of affection because it gives the impression that now in the events it is almost impossible to rescue the two girls from the villains when before most of the time you could have both

for revival it was always difficult to get both. for main i dont really see a problem with the new system to get both. u have 5 days for each girl. so its possible to achieve.

58 minutes ago, BananaJoy said:

for revival it was always difficult to get both. for main i dont really see a problem with the new system to get both. u have 5 days for each girl. so its possible to achieve.

We'll see.  With just under two and a half days to go I've reached the stage where I can try for Val Red Battler in my test account, so it'll be touch and go.  With 15 tries so far she is yet to offer a shard to tell me I MIGHT be the best thing she can imagine fucking.  But this is normal.  I got Val Abrael mainly because I got 15 shards per try in three attempts in a row.  45 shards sure boosts my chances and so it turned out.  I think when I flirted with Edwarda it made her jealous and competitive.

If you're right I'll have to revise my assessment.  It's still boring though.

I can say that I got one girl, and I was at 97 attraction when I went over, so I went over. The conversion of attraction to gifts actually netted me more income than i lost from having the lost income along the way. So while there may be lost income for some, there may actual be less income loss - or even a gain - than you'd think.

The poster above who got the 100 attraction in one shot with some converting probably saw a nice sizeable income gain, for example.

just to say : The new attraction systen Sucks! a lot

im playing the game since january and this systema piss me a lot because im low level and a casually player , with the last system i got the girls after a lot of pulls but the full girl not a shard , and i´m just can fight 20 fights at day or more and with the shard system makes me hardly got a girl ..

Edited by SergioRebel

2 hours ago, SergioRebel said:

just to say : The new attraction systen Sucks! a lot

im playing the game since january and this systema piss me a lot because im low level and a casually player , with the last system i got the girls after a lot of pulls but the full girl not a shard , and i´m just can fight 20 fights at day or more and with the shard system makes me hardly got a girl ..

As someone who accumulated a bunch of kobans and didn't feel like using it on epic pachinko (epic girl, kinda expensive to upgrade), I figured to use a bunch of it on Karole with the combativity discount and all. I got her from lvl 130 to lvl 222 ; that's about 920+ fights and got no full girl.  I got 121 total attraction shards though split between the three as well as lots of affection items. At this rate it's going to take a long while to get a girl, but once you get one the other 2 won't be far behind. As someone who got all 3 girls from a lvl 91 Finalmecia and as someone who maxed out Roko and yet still didn't get a girl for weeks, I got mixed reactions about the attraction system. I'm going to miss the girl drops from just a few fights thing. However, I also wouldn't miss the frustration of going weeks/months without a girl. The new system means its less likely you get a girl entirely from free combativity points however you have a definite chance of getting any girl by continuously spending kobans on them. It's imperfect but maybe with enough whining, we could get them raise the drop chances up a bit heh.