I did not like the way to get girl with attraction

pablobrack

8 hours ago, szilar said:

but that only holds a meaning if the girl will be huntable again. if not, those shards, even if they stayed for 21 years, wouldn't help at all. ;D

The only girls that haven't had a 2nd event to obtain them in are ones that are too new. We can always predict girls to be revived.

12 hours ago, Kinkoid said:

We are trying our best, but "pure" is not really working well with the kind of game we are doing. ;)

Outside of the joke. It has been stated in the presentation that the attraction persists through time. So even if you come back in 20 years (of course the game will still be there!), you will still have your attraction for the girl.

I hope I dont have to ask a care taker/ nurse to assist me by then. May become a bit embarrassing.

”Nurse, how many shards I have for this girl? I want to see her naked, but I cant read the numbers anymore”

Then again, maybe its totally acceptable by then and all the girls we win here will be actually usable holograms.  😁

Just a big plus plus on the shard drop rate (not the shard drop amount) being wildly different for different types of girls and different bosses. With Roko I am getting repeated 50 fight droughts. Silvanus and the event girls I only get the occasional 20 fight drought.

There is both good and bad in this new attraction system. But when it comes to that bad, there is two things that irritates me the most of here.

1. You have to literally get lucky twice with the rng. First to get shard drop in the first place and then second time to actually get some good number of shards. Like this latest legendary system showed, it hard enough to get shard drops in the first place and it's even worse when you get multiple "1 drops" in row, if any. While at the same time someone could get much more with much less. 

This is worse with normal events (1-6) and revivals, where drop disparity is even worse with 1-12. This basically means that if you unlucky, you need to get shard option 100 times, which is just ridiculous. With normal 14 days events, this might be doable to get both girls, but definitely not for revivals. And before anyone of the older players plans to make comments like "it's revival, you already got the girls/or you have some shards for them", lets remember new players, who are potentially doing those revival events as a first time for them. 5 days is awfully little time for them to get both girls with this "lighting needs to strike twice" system. 

I know this from experience as my nutaku account missed both of the girls in this revival and it took me all 5 days to get enough shards for Lupa. My highest drop was 7 shard at once and couple 6, all the rest 1-4. 

However, this whole problem is easily solved. All devs needs to do here is to make minimum drop always 2 shards. Simple fix, but already halves even the god awful lucky streaks from 100 lucky times to just 50. This would also lower people frustration with Legendary days events and higher level bosses like Karole. 

2. Second irritating part is lowered shard numbers with higher level bosses. Karole's 1-3 shard drop chance is utterly ridiculous. What makes this even worse is total lack of money from the boss, utterly abysmal gift drop rates for anything else than white and green and 10 fights to level up once. That said, this issue could alleviated by making the shards something like 2-4 for Karole and Shina.  

Lastly, just a little wish about extra gifts after 100 shard counter. Right now you seems to only get epic flowers. So, I wish devs would make it random epic drop. This way people could potentially get lucky with their extra shards and it wouldn't be huge change or balance breaking thing either as you mostly just get 1-5 extra gifts in the first place. 

I think that some people might be missing an important detail about the change in system.

If you are a typical player then you probably optimized your behavior for the old system because you wanted to get the best possible results for the lowest possible cost.

Now there's a new system in place.  That means that your old optimized behavior may not be optimal anymore.  You need to adapt to find a new optimal strategy / play-style.

Here's how I used to play under the old system (I'm a free player)...

• Try to win as many kobans as I can without wasting a lot of time and in-game resources.
  • Save kobans like crazy.
  • For classic events and revivals, I chose which event girl I wanted more, and went for her until she dropped. If time remained, I switched to the other.  I didn't waste kobans chasing a girl I liked less.
  • For Epic and Legendary Days, I spent kobans.  And spent kobans.  And spent kobans.  These are short events with poor odds so it often takes a lot of grinding to get what you want.  And, it didn't always work out.  Since there was no progress system and every battle fought was unrelated to every other battle fought I did experience the feeling of bashing my head against a brick wall infused with glass shards (pun intended, and man did it hurt).
  • Take advantage of sales/discounts.  While it is possible that I could have gotten a girl on the last day using free combativity, when combat tokens were discounted at the beginning of an event but not the end, I bought as many as was needed.  If she dropped early that just meant that I could spend the upcoming free fights on farming for $ or trying to snag villain/troll girls.  It just changes the order a little.

I don't play this way any more because the game is different now..

• For a classic/revival event, I won't spend kobans at all unless I get to the home stretch and have almost all the shards needed for a girl I want.  The kobans are just to put me over the top.
  • If I'm not close, I let the balance of shards ride until the next time this girl comes up in an event.
  • For epic/legendary events, I'll spend kobans for girls I really want  regardless of the level of progress I've made.  I won't necessarily bust my koban piggy bank, but I'll spend.
  • For epic/legendary events that have girls I don't particularly care about, or aren't particularly useful to me, I probably won't spend any kobans even if it's looking like event will end with me close to finishing a girl.

Under the old system, it was desperation and desire that fueled spending of kobans as time ran out and I had no idea whether I'd get paid for my trouble or whether I was flushing my kobans down the toilet.  It was euphoria, relief or disappointment.

Now, I get information that helps me decide whether an investment of kobans is worthwhile or not.  Now, I'm using situational information, reasoning and patience to decide whether to throw the dice or give up.  I have the means to min-max the value I get from my kobans so I'm using it.  I fully expect that by year's end I'll have at least a couple of dozen incomplete girls lurking at the bottom of my harem, but I know that when they do come around — and they always do — I've got a head start on a bunch of girls, and expect to have the time to finish off an old, incomplete with enough time to complete a brand new girl as well.

Things are definitely a bit more back-loaded now, but that's way better than the old way of trying over multiple events for the same girl with a real risk of having absolutely nothing to show for it.

Shards aren't nothing, no matter what people want to say about them.  Would anyone really tell their bank "Here, take the interest back because it was less than a whole dollar/Euro."  Would anyone tell their credit card "Here, take back your reward miles, they weren't enough for the flight I want."  Of course not!  It's basically the same.  The shards add up over time to real rewards IF YOU LET THEM.

BTW, I have no reason to defend the game or the devs.  I'm plenty critical when criticism is due.  I'm not, nor have I ever been, a moderator, a representative,or even a paying player.  I'm just a retired HS mathematics teacher defending the maths, and I wouldn't if they weren't favorable.

• Like 5

On 2/27/2019 at 5:26 PM, ZackMacKenzie said:

Things are definitely a bit more back-loaded now, but that's way better than the old way of trying over multiple events for the same girl with a real risk of having absolutely nothing to show for it.

It's way too back-loaded if you still have 3 girls available in a world boss. You could get 250+ shards, enough to get 2.5 girls, but won't actually get a girl yet because of the way it was spread out. 

• Like 1

Yeah I don't get the people that prefer this system, except maybe they're pay-to-play. RNG is RNG, and "you're more likely to get a girl now!" just hasn't been holding true for me. In the first event that this system appeared I had to buy several refills to get the girl. That's the first time I've had to do that on an event. With this event I'm 3-4 days in or whatever it is, and I only have 51 shards. The math ain't working out in favor of the people who for some reason think you have a better chance now. From where I sit, there have been two events and it looks like both events I'm going to need to spend mad kobans to get the girls. Never had to do that before.

13 minutes ago, czaz said:

Yeah I don't get the people that prefer this system, except maybe they're pay-to-play. RNG is RNG, and "you're more likely to get a girl now!" just hasn't been holding true for me. In the first event that this system appeared I had to buy several refills to get the girl. That's the first time I've had to do that on an event. With this event I'm 3-4 days in or whatever it is, and I only have 51 shards. The math ain't working out in favor of the people who for some reason think you have a better chance now. From where I sit, there have been two events and it looks like both events I'm going to need to spend mad kobans to get the girls. Never had to do that before.

Day 3 of 12 has just started, so less than a quarter of the way into the event. If you have 51 of the 200 shards, you have more than a quarter of the shards, so why is the maths not working out?
I mostly like it for the fact that should I not be lucky enough to get the girl, I know I'm measurably closer to getting the girl next event instead of starting over from zero again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Day 3 of 12 has just started, so less than a quarter of the way into the event. If you have 51 of the 200 shards, you have more than a quarter of the shards, so why is the maths not working out?
I mostly like it for the fact that should I not be lucky enough to get the girl, I know I'm measurably closer to getting the girl next event instead of starting over from zero again.

In nearly every event I have gotten all the girls (from the villains) with several days remaining. It's never been close. Usually I'd get a girl every 2-3 days. And right now those 51 shards are from the green-level girl. You get fewer shards for the gold-level.

2 minutes ago, czaz said:

In nearly every event I have gotten all the girls (from the villains) with several days remaining. It's never been close. Usually I'd get a girl every 2-3 days. And right now those 51 shards are from the green-level girl. You get fewer shards for the gold-level.

That's incorrect, and proves you lack basic reading comprehension. Rarity doesn't affect the amount of shard drops, the type of event does.

Also you say nearly every event, that means you've gotten close to running out before yes? Why is this one event getting close mean the system doesn't work?

Oh god with the "reading comprehension" dude. Just don't respond if you need to pull that juvenile crap. I say "nearly" every event because sometimes it's not been with "several" days left. Sometimes it's only a few days left. It's never been close. And, as I said, RNG is RNG. People used to get unlucky with girls, they're going to get unlucky with shards. Some are saying that now there's a better chance, and my experience, so far, refutes that. If you disagree with that, I don't care.

9 minutes ago, czaz said:

Oh god with the "reading comprehension" dude. Just don't respond if you need to pull that juvenile crap. I say "nearly" every event because sometimes it's not been with "several" days left. Sometimes it's only a few days left. It's never been close. And, as I said, RNG is RNG. People used to get unlucky with girls, they're going to get unlucky with shards. Some are saying that now there's a better chance, and my experience, so far, refutes that. If you disagree with that, I don't care.

The reading comprehension comment was directed at your misreading of the patch notes, and saying that you'll "get fewer shards for the gold-level" as that's literally not how the system works.

It's event-type based, not girl rarity based.

From now on each event will have a chance to distribute Attraction points for each of the girls you still need to seduce:

• Classic Event will give between 1 and 6 Attraction for girl
  • Revival Event will give between 1 and 12 Attraction for girl
  • Legendary Event will give between 1 and 3 Attraction for girl
  • Epic Event will give between 1 and 5 Attraction for girl

Prior to shards my last 4 regular event results where:

both, none, one, one.

Since event girls are now the cheapest way to get girls and I have a lot of kobans left over from Fabienne I have been refilling until I get the event girls, ignoring EvP, and then going back to pecking at Roko with the occasion visit to Karol. My post shard event results are:

• Val RB: 88 fights = 946 kobans = 1 3/4 days
  • Loving Bunny: 155 = 1,667 = 3
  • Carine: 283 = 3,042 = 5 3/4
  • Alex: 284 = 3053 = 5 3/4

So my experience is that post shard a 12 day event should yield both girls plus a cushion with free goes only. Pre-shard the rate was more like 1 - 1.5 girls/event. Even if the shard rate was only 1.5/event I would still prefer it because the 0.5 would not be lost.

On 2/24/2019 at 7:29 AM, pozi said:

If you have a minimum guaranteed, this isn't a 'game' anymore, just a race to get the girls faster. You'll be actually buying the girl for a fixed price and that would kill the fun. In the long run, players would drift away from HH to any other (better) pay-per-view hentai site. 

but already is a race, the only difference is that has a luck factor