I did not like the way to get girl with attraction

pablobrack

Man, that was close.:(

However, with the old system you could've also spent all your kobans and still had nothing, and then in the revival there was again the possibility of wasting thousands of kobans for nothing. At least with the new system, you are pretty much guaranteed to get the drop on the first day of the revival, without spending any kobans.:|

Additionally, this is the wrong part of the forum to post this.:) Should've posted it in "General Discussion" or something, instead of "Announcements".

• Like 1

I used 1500 Kobans that I slowly managed to get over time and ended up with 49 shards. If this trend continued I could have used about 3k Kobans to get the girl.

In other words this girl would have cost me 20€ to obtain. Let's not pretend this is nothing. It's far too much for a drawing that has no value except stats.

This event and this game is just a re-skin of a slot machine. A gambling game at it's core luring players in with nice naked anime girls. Some, like me, are happy to watch the pretty colors and other will spend their whole salary.

If something looks too good to be true... IT AIN'T!

1 hour ago, LordBoner said:

I used 1500 Kobans that I slowly managed to get over time and ended up with 49 shards. If this trend continued I could have used about 3k Kobans to get the girl.

In other words this girl would have cost me 20€ to obtain. Let's not pretend this is nothing. It's far too much for a drawing that has no value except stats.

This event and this game is just a re-skin of a slot machine. A gambling game at it's core luring players in with nice naked anime girls. Some, like me, are happy to watch the pretty colors and other will spend their whole salary.

If something looks too good to be true... IT AIN'T!

Let's pretend it is nothing, because you actually never paid the €20,- to get the kobans.
You state yourself you slowly built that up (you already get 150 kobans a day for completing all daily missions, so I'm not sure where it went wrong for you... so 1500 kobans is 10 days of playing).
If you haven't paid anything, then it's nothing indeed.
I can tell you that Legendary Days girls required and still require way more than 1500 kobans worth of refills on average.
Just so you know for the future.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pablobrack said:

Look I'm missing and I had to spend all the kobans and nothing, I did not get

nel.png

yeah same here.

the new system is the worst way to waste your kobans. i had the same problem. i wasted everything and i didnt even get 50 shards 

this new system officially kills the event girls .  i know people will say the odds were bad before, but they got worse. you actually got really close

im going to try to get the last boss girls and then probably stop  playing for a while. or at least stop caring about the event girls. this is the worst decision they have ever had  

25 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Let's pretend it is nothing, because you actually never paid the €20,- to get the kobans.
You state yourself you slowly built that up (you already get 150 kobans a day for completing all daily missions, so I'm not sure where it went wrong for you... so 1500 kobans is 10 days of playing).
If you haven't paid anything, then it's nothing indeed.
I can tell you that Legendary Days girls required and still require way more than 1500 kobans worth of refills on average.
Just so you know for the future.

im sorry but there is no defending this new system

i know you guys want to defend the game no matter what. but the new system makes it so that only the people that are paying a lot for kobans can get the girls 

yes. I KNOW with the old system you could also lose all your kobans and not get anything, but at least the chances for getting the girl were higher because you just had to worry about them dropping once 

now with this stupid shard thing, you have to get lucky many times. the shards are as hard to drop as the girls were. they dont drop often. this makes the game much harder 

ive fought bosses more than 50 times in a row and not get ONE SHARD... NOT EVEN ONE........... i know girls in the past had low drop rate 

but these shards are just as hard to drop as the girls. this new system is crazy. shards are as low to drop as the girls were before 

• Thanks 1

I never said I paid anything. I said I would have payed 20€ for the Kobans in order to get this girl. And as you've said

21 minutes ago, jyepie said:

I would have had to pay even more. 20€ is a lot of money for a 5 pictures and 5 numbers.

I have not and will NEVER pay a single cent on this or any other freemium game. The sad truth is that if I could choose what to buy and knew exactly how much I had to spend for it I might.. might be tempted but as is I'm not.. not even slightly. And again this is a slot machine. It's gambling and it should be clearly marked as gambling which has legal consequences.

Also, I agree with the rarity and infrequency of obtaining shards as stated above I'd much rather get nothing than a carrot dangling in front of my face. More bullshit gambling tactics to make weak willed people spend money they don't have on things they don't need.

I hoped this game wouldn't turn in this direction but it's clearly going there and the developers will never change the course because it's profitable. Greed turns everything to shit.

17 minutes ago, jyepie said:

i know you guys want to defend the game no matter what. but the new system makes it so that only the people that are paying a lot for kobans can get the girls 

yes. I KNOW with the old system you could also lose all your kobans and not get anything, but at least the chances for getting the girl were higher because you just had to worry about them dropping once 

now with this stupid shard thing, you have to get lucky many times. the shards are as hard to drop as the girls were. they dont drop often. this makes the game much harder 

ive fought bosses more than 50 times in a row and not get ONE SHARD... NOT EVEN ONE........... i know girls in the past had low drop rate 

but these shards are just as hard to drop as the girls. this new system is crazy. shards are as low to drop as the girls were before 

Okay, so let me get this straight, because I don't want to get it wrong now.

You got no shard for a girl in 50 fights (new system) is equally as bad as not getting the girl after doing 2k fights (old system).
So in the first situation you can evaluate after 100 fights, and see that you have almost no shards and drop the event after two days worth of free combativity.
In the old system you have paid for 1800 fights = 90 refills = 19440 kobans and got nothing, but you kept going, because it can drop at any time.

You say there's no defending this system, but in fact this system defends itself.
If you are on a bad run, it is easy to spot, so you can make a quick and informed decision to not put more kobans into it than you did at that point.
It has gone from a complete shot in the dark to hard to make shot with visuals.
It's alright if you don't like the system, but so far I haven't heard one convincing argument anywhere to make me think differently about it.

Now I know, I won't convince you, because people are notoriously stubborn (I am as well).
However, that's not the goal of my posts.
The goal of my posts is to give other readers more than one point of view on this matter, so they can form a well informed opinion on it based on both sides, instead of just one side.

• Like 4

People perceive the new system of fragments as a kind of “Harry Potter's magic wand” with a wave of which part of the attraction will fall out of every second fight. Although even if it were so, I’m sure there would be those who said "why only every second fight? I want every fight to have fragments!". And then they would say - "Yes, fragments every fight .. But there are so few of them, let them fall twenty pieces at once." And then - "Twenty? Are you kidding? Let's get 50 ... or not 100 at once." ... And then it will be - "Just one girl? Why not two? Wait, I want three ... no ten ... no ... even more ... more ... more, more, more !!! "

All of this reminds me of Pushkin’s “The Fisherman and the Fish” Tale or a cartoon about a golden antelope that I watched as a little boy. By the way, the cartoon is with subtitles on YouTube if anyone is interested - https://youtu.be/wpSAJOyLfU8.

So who has not yet understood - the new system is essentially a compromise between the players and the developers. The first ones want less randomization and have some visible progress of their efforts, the second ones want the players to put these efforts in addition and leave a certain element of surprise that the game does not coerce into a routine. Did it work out? In my opinion, yes. I can simply compare my emotions with these legendary days and those that were before them. That time I got a girl for free on the fourth day. But these 4 days were extremely nervous and depressive, even considering that I had more than 10k kobons in stock, but I was tormented by doubts and fears to waste them, and even when I did not have to do this and I got a girl, I felt no joy, but relief as if something bad had not happened to me. However, remembering the very first legendary days, it was still not so bad, then after spending 7k Kobans, I simply told myself that if I spend the remaining two thousand and don’t get a girl, this is my last day here. (I was lucky then to 8k +) At the same time in these legendary having spent four dozen fights, assessing the chances and realizing that even with the most unfortunate dealings I would spend no more than five thousand, I said to myself "Breakfast under bullets from La Rochelle is great!" turned on the Queen "We will Rock you" and began to wind up fights while the beautiful girl joined me even before my cheerful breakfast ended. And it was just amazing.

In any case, this is just my opinion. Someone may not like the system - and that is their right. But comparing negative reviews then - “I spent 10k + and got nothing, burn in hell” and now “I spent 1500 and got 49 attractions” speaks for itself.

Edited by Lemus
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, pablobrack said:
51/5000

I think it was because of me that we had a great conversation 

:"v

Yes, it's always good to have conversations.
Anyway, you have 4 shards left to get, and you will be able to get them during the revival of this girl (whenever that is).

I think this system should have and minimum amount of each fight, every fight you get something like 1 to 3 affect points, and if you want to increase the difficulty of a specific girl you just make higher the amount necessary to get her...
done, with a little math you know how much you need to spend an if that is worth that girl you want..

4 hours ago, Rasec said:

I think this system should have and minimum amount of each fight, every fight you get something like 1 to 3 affect points, and if you want to increase the difficulty of a specific girl you just make higher the amount necessary to get her...
done, with a little math you know how much you need to spend an if that is worth that girl you want..

If you have a minimum guaranteed, this isn't a 'game' anymore, just a race to get the girls faster. You'll be actually buying the girl for a fixed price and that would kill the fun. In the long run, players would drift away from HH to any other (better) pay-per-view hentai site. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rasec said:

That boring predictability would ruin the game. 

This is a nice compromise. No excesses anymire, visual progress, but still exciting whem a surprise drop comes. Just accept it or move on. This is the kind of game it is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the old system didn't have any sort of readability. you always had to wonder IF the next battle (or 10x since i'm lazy) would drop a girl, or not. i prefer this new system way better. and unless the devs are pure evil, the fact that you still have your shards left (same as me with +50) would suggest the girl to become huntable in the future again.

2 hours ago, Kinkoid said:

We are trying our best, but "pure" is not really working well with the kind of game we are doing. ;)

Outside of the joke. It has been stated in the presentation that the attraction persists through time. So even if you come back in 20 years (of course the game will still be there!), you will still have your attraction for the girl.

but that only holds a meaning if the girl will be huntable again. if not, those shards, even if they stayed for 21 years, wouldn't help at all. ;D

I don't mind this new system because it is more transparent than the old one.

Now every attack has potential value approaching the goal while before you didn't know if you lacked a little or so to get to the decisive blow.

But I have a doubt: in the patch notes they say that is still possible to take the girl in one shot (and I know that to someone has happened) but they don't say what is this percentage. It gives me the impression that now it is easier to take the girl with shards but that the possibility of taking it at once is drastically precipitated.

Do you know anything about it?

On 2/22/2019 at 8:47 PM, jyepie said:

yeah same here.

the new system is the worst way to waste your kobans. i had the same problem. i wasted everything and i didnt even get 50 shards 

this new system officially kills the event girls .  i know people will say the odds were bad before, but they got worse. you actually got really close

im going to try to get the last boss girls and then probably stop  playing for a while. or at least stop caring about the event girls. this is the worst decision they have ever had  

Not paying just collecting kobans from quests. Again someone complains because they didn't luck out on a girl with 1% drop chance. How much kobans did you spend? Because from what you stated above i can't take you seriously. 

So according to you, the old system where you waste 10k for nothing. Now even though you didn't get it your progress REMAINS all those tries are NOT wasted LIKE BEFORE in the old system. The chance to get the girl in a single fight is still here though.

The distribution of shards needs to be improved, you are correct about this.

15 hours ago, Kinkoid said:

The previous system was more gambling that the current one in fact. The principle of gambling is to have huge swing between the loss and the win, that way you stop thinking about all the time you loss to focus on the win.
Here, we create a lot of smaller wins that happens way more often, that way players have the ability to see how their chances evolve, to save for the next event and also to have way less chance, on average, to spend a lot of Kobans. :)

Sorry but when we've had reports of going over 50 fights with no drops, that still sounds like a huge swing between loss and wins.  Especially if this happens on say a revival event and the drop after 50 fights is only or or 2 shards.  (I'm currently getting very poor drops on loving bunny in my test account, but without the 50 fight dry spell.)  As I said, there needs to be a cap on maximum fights with no shard drop.  Yes I know this reflects on Lemus's post of how players will be greedy and always ask for more, and I'm not saying their demands should always be met, but even some defenders of this system agree it still needs work, and a max fight cap before drops would be one of those improvements.

18 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

Sorry but when we've had reports of going over 50 fights with no drops, that still sounds like a huge swing between loss and wins.  Especially if this happens on say a revival event and the drop after 50 fights is only or or 2 shards.  (I'm currently getting very poor drops on loving bunny in my test account, but without the 50 fight dry spell.)  As I said, there needs to be a cap on maximum fights with no shard drop.  Yes I know this reflects on Lemus's post of how players will be greedy and always ask for more, and I'm not saying their demands should always be met, but even some defenders of this system agree it still needs work, and a max fight cap before drops would be one of those improvements.

Are those 50 fight dry spells happening against event girls or common world girls? I think that might be the confusion. The drop rate for the world girls is still pretty low, which is to be expected since you'll fight those trolls so many times. In the old system, it was super, super low as well. I personally have not seen a dry spell of 50 for event girls (didn't follow legendary that closely though since I got her early). For loving bunny, it took me 106 battles to get 100 shards through normal drops. My longest dry spell was 13. My longest dry spell for a world girl might be over 50 though.

3 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

RNG is pretty flaky. I had 5 hits on loving bunny in about 60 fights with 12, 1, 1, 1, 11. All those 1s were pretty depressing, but I suppose the other end with 12 and 11 sort of made up for it. I would like something like how they raise your chances on getting a girl for every miss before applied to the shards. Still in track though to get one girl at end of event, I'll be using kobans to top off the other. But as they say, you don't have to use kobans. You'll be wasting them; you can get them next time, you still have your progress saved up. It's a marathon not a sprint, but meh, I want em now. As for the defenders, well in my experience they like touting the positives when trying to defend the negatives which is hardly effective when their audience is really unhappy with those negatives. Like the 100% attraction drop whose chances are so low you can't rely on it like the old system, defended by "It's still there!". Low shard drop rates, defended by, "You get your progress saved until your next opportunity!" (in next year's event, or epic/event pachinko). But as someone who uses kobans, these negatives don't really bother me. I pity those people who don't.