Easter Feast Event

DHarry

1 hour ago, Lhans said:

Very, very bad luck. I've heard people go for 40+ fight shard droughts.

When I was 6 shards from getting Alex, I had somewhere between 60-80 fights before more finally dropped. Before that point I got around 3-5 every 10 fights or so against Gruntt.

I got Carine in my Lili account, but it took 3 refills - because my curiousity got the better of me and I was impatient.  She was on 87 at the start and I thought I'd have a good shot with a few refills.  Bit no!  Boy was she playing hard to get and she hinted loudly to me: "This lady can't be bought, so suck that up!!"  I could've agreed with that because I was getting one shard (x3) per round of 20.  It wasn't looking good until on my last round I got a x5 shard, then a x3 and her thermometer filled with love and she joined me.  She said: "Oh, what the hell!  Yes, I'll join.  Just fuck me and get on with it won't you!"  Reminds me of that dreadful student Wang.  It would make her choke to ever give out a compliment.

Never mind... I just love her chiffon outfit and gorgeous eyes.  If I knew a sommelier like her I would've reconsidered my wine cellar and maybe shown off a little more.  Like a lot of these girls I prefer the first 3 poses where she was wearing something and looked extremely sophisticated and alluring - great outfit and footwear.

Oh, one last thing... she's called Manon (at least I think it's her) in her profile info.  How come?

3 hours ago, Eman said:

Today has been a strange day with the shards, at least for me: I've done 54 fights against Donatien and I only got shards in one of them. Even Karole gives more!

So, did I get a day of very, very bad luck or has anyone else experienced something like this?

I'd say this is unfortunately the norm for me since the introduction of the system.

While I got Fabienne during the Legendary event, I realise it was purely because of the refills (and thanks to the discount on refilling). Carine dropped for me yesterday and I had been battling her since the start of the event. If you ask me, I think this is a very long time to get one girl. I had a period of anywhere between 50 to 60 fights without anything dropping, and now Alex is giving me a hard time with a very low drop occurrence and low value--I've only collected 7 shards in about 50 fights. What this tells me is that I probably won't be able to get any girl during shorter events. In the meantime my revenue is abysmal and I can't do much more with the rest of the harem.

On a different, unrelated note, for me the excitement of dropping a girl has been completely taken away. I have absolutely no expectation to get a girl with one spin, and only wait for the shards, which actually isn't fun. I underline this as the aim of the game should be to have fun, to get thrilled. And getting the girls is pretty much why the game exists, so for me the game isn't fun anymore, altogether. 

A lot of players defending the new system do so because 1/ they believe that, as Kinkoid said, it now requires fewer battles, on average, to drop a girl; 2/ our efforts don't go to waste as we can pick up from where we left during the revival; 3/ if we battle enough, we'll get the girl eventually; and 4/ we can track our progress. Obviously all the above is true (though 1/ doesn't seem to apply to me, I'm on the bitter end of the average), and understandable--if one likes all the points listed above, then why wouldn't one be happy? In other words in this case it makes total sense to like and support the new system. However liking it or not comes down to the kick you get out of the game: for me it was not seeing progress, not having to collect parts of a girl, waiting for that anticipated drop, and above all, I wanted the girl now, or never--I didn't care about the revival: who knows if I'll be playing a year from now?

It's kind of sad since I liked it but I think this will have me quit the game if it stays as is.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, dekachinpo said:

It's kind of sad since I liked it but I think this will have me quit the game if it stays as is.

Eh, you could just take a break from the game then come back a few months down the road since this game is like a personal journey really. Sure you'll miss some girls during your vacation but if it isn't fun to play why keep playing?  There might be some new changes later on that could entice you to play again. Heck, I took a year long break myself, and came back just in time to grab Golden Bunny. I've missed some event girls yep, but so far I've been getting them through the revivals. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lhans said:

Eh, you could just take a break from the game then come back a few months down the road since this game is like a personal journey really. Sure you'll miss some girls during your vacation but if it isn't fun to play why keep playing?  There might be some new changes later on that could entice you to play again. Heck, I took a year long break myself, and came back just in time to grab Golden Bunny. I've missed some event girls yep, but so far I've been getting them through the revivals. 

Not a bad point!

Guest ZackMacKenzieIsLockedOut
4 hours ago, Eman said:

Today has been a strange day with the shards, at least for me: I've done 54 fights against Donatien and I only got shards in one of them. Even Karole gives more!

So, did I get a day of very, very bad luck or has anyone else experienced something like this?

Against Bremen I went 47 before a drop, and am in the midst of a 32-long drought.  Not sure when I'll be able to get back to him, though.  Story advanced to Finalmechia and Events are keeping my attention elsewhere.

Against Donatien I went 50 between Carine shards.  So it does happen, but it isn't a common occurrence.

(I just reached 62 shards for her, which projects to a completion 10-hrs before the event ends.  )

Thanks to the three of you that replied to my post. With it being just a strike of bad luck, I hope for today to be a more productive day.

Also, I agree with @dekachinpo, this new shard sstem takes some of the fun of the game away. I would have done it differently.

Event finished, got both girls in only 371 battles, just over 7 days.

I hadn't a long bad streak this time, 20-30 battles without a shard drop is normal, and 30-40 battles is not out of the usual, but be aware, in the end of the tail, you will be see 50 ocassionally, I also know of a report of 72 and I think I have the record with 117 against karole until a shard dropped again, but that is a completely extreme and unlikely case, just like 4 consecutive shard drops that I have also seen.

In any case, and with average luck most people should get both girls in 12 days events, or at least one and 70-90 shards for the other.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jelom said:

...just like 4 consecutive shard drops that I have also seen.

In any case, and with average luck most people should get both girls in 12 days events, or at least one and 70-90 shards for the other.

Earlier in this event I managed 5 shard winners in a row, but it was "due" given how poorly the week overall was.

Today has been a better day.  For the 1st time it looks like I might finish Carine with a day or two left in the event to work on Alex.  That's because I managed a flurry that provided 18 shards today. The weekly poll gave me a 5 shard head-start on Alex. Huzzah!  Maybe 2 days will be enough to snag 95 shards, or at least enough to match @jelom's estimated prediction above...?

4 hours ago, Vulture said:

Six days and two hours into the event, at 96 shards collected I hit 100x for Alex. EvP is still boss, two rolls two girls and two pieces of equipment!

Dang, 96 epic flowers obtained eh.

As i said it seems that the rarity of the girl has an effect over the shard drops. You will have easyer time against Gruntt with Alex than against Donatien.

Speaking of Alex i got her just now 2refills -11shards over the requred 100.

I must say i am disappointed. She looks mediocre at best. I could overlook her manly physique if it wasn't her face. It lacks detail so bad that it's making it look ugly. She's still a lot better than Gork, but if i had the option to kick her out she would be in midflight right now. Now I regret all thosebattles wasted on Gruntt :(

Edited by Cantrix

I just got the second girl right now. I got both with 100 shard in one battle, Carine I had 60 shards before and Alex 93, so 153 extra flowers which is nice. For me it was "harder" to get shards from Alex than from Carine.

3 hours ago, Cantrix said:

As i said it seems that the rarity of the girl has an effect over the shard drops. You will have easyer time against Gruntt with Alex than against Donatien.

Speaking of Alex i got her just now 2refills -11shards over the requred 100.

I must say i am disappointed. She looks mediocre at best. I could overlook her manly physique if it wasn't her face. It lacks detail so bad that it's making it look ugly. She's still a lot better than Gork, but if i had the option to kick her out she would be in midflight right now. Now I regret all thosebattles wasted on Gruntt :(

And I think I said the exact same thing back then in a reply... I have more trouble getting Alex than getting Carine. Rarity or villain has no influence on the drop rate of the shards or amount of shards you get for girls of the same event.

On 3/8/2019 at 4:29 PM, dekachinpo said:

I'd say this is unfortunately the norm for me since the introduction of the system.

While I got Fabienne during the Legendary event, I realise it was purely because of the refills (and thanks to the discount on refilling). Carine dropped for me yesterday and I had been battling her since the start of the event. If you ask me, I think this is a very long time to get one girl. I had a period of anywhere between 50 to 60 fights without anything dropping, and now Alex is giving me a hard time with a very low drop occurrence and low value--I've only collected 7 shards in about 50 fights. What this tells me is that I probably won't be able to get any girl during shorter events. In the meantime my revenue is abysmal and I can't do much more with the rest of the harem.

On a different, unrelated note, for me the excitement of dropping a girl has been completely taken away. I have absolutely no expectation to get a girl with one spin, and only wait for the shards, which actually isn't fun. I underline this as the aim of the game should be to have fun, to get thrilled. And getting the girls is pretty much why the game exists, so for me the game isn't fun anymore, altogether. 

A lot of players defending the new system do so because 1/ they believe that, as Kinkoid said, it now requires fewer battles, on average, to drop a girl; 2/ our efforts don't go to waste as we can pick up from where we left during the revival; 3/ if we battle enough, we'll get the girl eventually; and 4/ we can track our progress. Obviously all the above is true (though 1/ doesn't seem to apply to me, I'm on the bitter end of the average), and understandable--if one likes all the points listed above, then why wouldn't one be happy? In other words in this case it makes total sense to like and support the new system. However liking it or not comes down to the kick you get out of the game: for me it was not seeing progress, not having to collect parts of a girl, waiting for that anticipated drop, and above all, I wanted the girl now, or never--I didn't care about the revival: who knows if I'll be playing a year from now?

I'd just been through 60 tries in a row without a shard drop them, boom!!, I got a total of 31 shards in the next round.  That was for Carine in my Bryan account.  In that account I got Alex from a jackpot (x100 win) early on so I have a real chance of getting both girls in that account (Carine is currently on 78 shards).  My other accounts are pretty mediocre.  In Adrian'smole I have the torture of seeing Fabienne on 96 shards everytime I check my harem or collect the money, but I got Alex without any refills in that account.

It's all a matter of luck and I have a few accounts to compare - some are great; others disastrous.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 10:07 AM, jelom said:

Event finished, got both girls in only 371 battles, just over 7 days.

I hadn't a long bad streak this time, 20-30 battles without a shard drop is normal, and 30-40 battles is not out of the usual, but be aware, in the end of the tail, you will be see 50 ocassionally, I also know of a report of 72 and I think I have the record with 117 against karole until a shard dropped again, but that is a completely extreme and unlikely case, just like 4 consecutive shard drops that I have also seen.

117 fights without a shard... wow! I would have gone nuts.

In any case, my strike of bad luck ended and I'm currently at 69 shards for Carine. I think I'll be able to get her in the remaining 3 days, if my luck doesn't change again.

On 3/8/2019 at 6:49 AM, Cantrix said:

Not true, as a casual player i got Carine on day 4 with free fights and 3refills, Currently on 88shards for Alex WITHOUT any refills. I get 0shard drops on 20 fights occasionally +1 shard after 20 fights drops, but the consecutive +6 +8 hits offset that. It makes the new system feel bad(as random as the previous one- but that's it's effect on emotions) it does it's work well enough. 

It seems the rarity of the girl affects the maximum amount of shards you can get though. In all my shard drops i got way less shards with Carine than i get with Alex, the whopping 88shards after 2days of only free fights compared to the 4day + 3 refills for Carine.

Missing on fights because your combativity bar was cull is your fault entirely, you can't be compensated because you can't play the game.

I missed around 10fights today because of full combativity, while i feel bad that's my fault and i don't whine. By your logic should we give cree league rewards for players who aren't able to fight constantly? Ofcourse not. Rewards are EARNED for playing  not GIFTED for free- girls are the same. You either- commit and play the game to get the girls you want by managing your time/resources or you don't play miss out and feel disappointed- it's all up to you.

Yes... Apart from my Peregrine Took account where I got Alex on the first day from a x100 jackpot, I've managed to get the girl I was trying for in every account (Carine in hardcore and Alex in Know-how).  In each of these accounts I have the other respective girl at between 68 and 88 shards so I have a good chance of getting both girls in every account.  It's not impossible, by any means.  Just by getting a x6 shard followed by a x4 gives a whopping x10 shard reward (this happens to me alot).  In my 88 shard account for Carine this would bring her up to x98 and on the cusp.  Mind you, I might have to go through 2 rounds (40 tries) to get this.  If it's towards the end of the event and the shard count is 90+, I'll use refills til I get there.

I really, really miss that black descending silhouette graphic though.  The new system does nothing for me and the element of surprise has gone, apart from that rare x100 jackpot.

• Like 2

so. i just managed getting both girls and i must say, i feel like the devs HAD a good intention with this update... it was HORRIBLY executed. Probably due to someone in the dev team think "hurp hurpppp de derppp... this might be too easy... let's drop the chance of getting heart...." now. i KNOW there is a chance of getting all 100 hearts, i will still call it bullshit cos i've RARELY gotten more than 5 in a roll. what's more, usually since i'm pretty high level and have 20 fighting chances, i get a girl by the end of a week.. with this update, it FEELS like the devs dangled the carrot of "welp there is a 100% chance of getting a girl IF you can get the heart." which does nothing more than entice people to use koban to do extra fights especially during events that are 5 days long. now, i'm not sure if this is intentional or not (i WILL, until proven WRONG, believe it true) but the odds of getting the so called "affection" is LOWER when doing normal rolls. now. if this was something like welp, a 10x fight IS guaranteed to give you at least 1 affection drop i would be ok. hell if the devs said that it increases the odds of the devs, i would be ok. but so far, EVERYTIME (and trust me,i WASTED a lot of my fighting recharge for this experiment) i ALMOST NEVER got affection. infact, the ONLY times i got a drop could be counted on 1 hand. and was all between 1 or 2. now... one would think that the drop odds of rare girls would be better than the golden one (which should be something that SHOULD NOT be done since this would make getting a purple girl in 3-5 days IMMPOSIBLE and no having the "CHANCE" to get 100 heart drops in a fight DOES NOT excuse it). in MY case, it was the OPPOSITE! i got more hearts (and ONLY when fighting 10x time might i add). let me also add that this update of heart drops was dropped at the end of an event, screwing newbie the devs are so called "helping" which i have and will continue calling bullshit but i digress.just before the previous legendary girl event, i did my first 10x koban roll. and i must say... NEVER DO IT... IF YOU ARE A PERSON WHO HAS NOT BOUGHT KOBAN BUT EARN THROUGH DAILY EVENTS NEVER DO IT. i did it. then the legendary event post new update happened. i had to SCRAMBLE to get more koban, and managed to get the new girl FIVE MINUTES BEFORE THE EVENT ENDED. and might i add barely. so, since i've been burned by the 10x pachinco once, i dont think i will try it ever again... thanks devs. now.. what can devs do... i will tell them to make it so that a 10x fight has a 100% chance to drop 1 affection. lets be honest here. those of us that are STILL here are either very very new here and they are less than those that have been playing this game from the beginning. the ONLY REASON, the old player stayed was due to the certainty of getting the event girl (though i still believe not displaying the percentage of the drop chance shady and this whole heart drop sham a way to circumvent it since the po po will be on it soon) since the odds before the update of the green and gold girls werent utter bullshit. (i'm still on the fence about legendary edition girls drop rate pre heart drop update) now. the devs have done some positive changes and update (grandly overshadowed by the numerous backward steps) but i still wanna believe in the devs. this is the reason why even when i was pissed about the previews legendary girl event, i waited till one major event to wright my full thoughts (besides the 1 comment i made. also cos FOR SOME REASON the forum kepps signing me out on pc and using the sigh in button sends me to the game website which, since i'm  already logged in, DOESNT LOG ME IN THE FORUM!!! I TOLD THE OLD MODS ABOUT THIS BEFORE!!! HOW IS THIS STILL A THING!!!).

now. best of luck to the devs to fix this. i wanna trust you to fix it, but a part of me is and will always doubt you.

thank you

Once I passed 90 shards for Carine (96 current) the dry spell combo has gotten off the charts. 27+ battles without shards, then I got 5 early this morning which get me to 96 and from there 37-38 shardless battles, a combination of the +2 arena gift combativity, all of today and some accumulated from yesterday. It happens so that I had less than 10 shards in a day and half which is insane! If I don't get the last 4 shards for Carine, I'm done wasting time on fighting windmills. And I wasted Kobans to get to a point where I could get her quickly so I can farm Roko, but what is going on here is a whole lot of not farming Roko! The system is defending Ymens or however the flap is the IG currency called. I guess devs want to nerf the overall sum of in game cash with events one after the other with no regular days to recover. That won't make me buy more Kobans, although I did buy some, but for a whole other purpose than combativity.