Patch Notes Discussion 06/03/19

jelom

I just saw a legendary rainbow in the shop. A few days too early. 😂

I think for charm it will change their experience, not the opponents. Unless the opponent 1x only crit will be changed of course. If they attack, they negate dmg every 2 hits and are able to beat you. If you attack, you do more damage and their one crit is not going to stop you from winning even if you dont crit because of their high harmony.

I experimented a bit and swapped my epic for a rainbow and then used jujubes to fight touch oponents. With great success. They didnt crit and I healed 2x making big wins possible. Then swapped it back for higher ego to try to be tougher for the competition as you will only crit once on them anyway.

I can share this now as it will all be different anyway. Also, just my personal experience, no science/math. 

It will be more about timing now too, beat people when they are unbuffed easily or makimg people spend many kobans to be always buffed for passive defense. Unless you just fight everyone in the first hour and win the league like mine this week. Then nothing changes. 🤣

Just now, Ben9 said:

Seems like after community backlash of p2w league plans where we had more opponents than tokens, devs had to come up with a new way to make leagues p2w via boosters

Good thing I'm only in S2, the upper leagues seems cutthroat.

58 minutes ago, Lhans said:

Good thing I'm only in S2, the upper leagues seems cutthroat.

Yeah. I won D1 last week. Fighting hard to finish top 60 this week. Litterally everyone is buffed up most of the time. (yes, me too normally, but the koban income below 30 drops so fast I dont wamt to spend the kobans. Ah well, its a nice break I guess. 🤣

15 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Not sure where you got "Harmony Legendaries are changing" from, because that's not mentioned in the patch notes.

Apparently my internal auto-correct is totally out of whack.  Instead of correcting "Endurance/though" to "Endurance/tough" I got "Endurance/Harmony".  I had eye surgery last week, I'm blaming this on that. :P 🙈 

With Harmony doubled it barely had any marginal benefit over Rainbows. Without the doubling it's seriously under-powered compared to Rainbows.

Edited by ZackMacKenzie

Just now, ShadowHaamu said:

Indeed. And not only that, but you literally need to play 24/7, if you want to do well in high leagues.

....... or spend hell lot of kobans to speed fights.

Or you know, just 3 times a day so that your challenge bar doesn't max out.

1 minute ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Or you know, just 3 times a day so that your challenge bar doesn't max out.

Sure, you can do that...... but not if you want to get 1st place....even 2-4 position will be difficult. 5-15 rewards really ain't worth it. Especially when you're thrown in higher league, where you can't do crap. And other rankings are rather useless, when it comes to kobans. 

"First come, first served" rule sucks as it favors cashers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShadowHaamu said:

Sure, you can do that...... but not if you want to get 1st place....even 2-4 position will be difficult. 5-15 rewards really ain't worth it. Especially when you're thrown in higher league, where you can't do crap. And other rankings are rather useless, when it comes to kobans. 

I was refuting only your play 24/7 point.

1 minute ago, ShadowHaamu said:

That first come first serve effects first place more than anything else. I've always finished my challenges in the last half hour to waste as little koban as possible and max the rewards and even in D2 I have been able to take a top 4 slot simply by being lucky enough to lose less than others. If you don' have the stats for the opponents, you won't rank high anyway. I just expect it when my league division is whale heavy. 5-15 is still worth quite a bit. General rule of thumb if you don't just want to max exp (3 contests can make up the cost of this) is to consider the additional cost to go up a rank category versus the difference in the reward you get.

3 minutes ago, ScrubNoob said:

That first come first serve effects first place more than anything else. I've always finished my challenges in the last half hour to waste as little koban as possible and max the rewards and even in D2 I have been able to take a top 4 slot simply by being lucky enough to lose less than others. If you don' have the stats for the opponents, you won't rank high anyway. I just expect it when my league division is whale heavy. 5-15 is still worth quite a bit. General rule of thumb if you don't just want to max exp (3 contests can make up the cost of this) is to consider the additional cost to go up a rank category versus the difference in the reward you get.

perfect would be with no losses at all ^^

Just now, BananaJoy said:

perfect would be with no losses at all ^^

Well yes lol. If I beat all the risky ones with 0 losses I would just try to be first one to reach max score same as everyone else. The reward difference from 2-4 entirely pays for it in the D leagues, making it fit in the general rule. I've always at least had a loss though myself. This time around 3 people have max, so it will just be a fight for rank 4. The ranks above me haven't moved at all in a while, so it is still quite possible I'll end up with rank 4 since I have less losses than they appear to have. But who knows maybe somebody below me that needs to get extra challenges yet will take it. I can't hide my number of losses since you can mathematically figure out it is 2 or 5 most likely and the opponent set wasn't hard enough for it to be as bad as 5.

Boosters are required to make you competitive in the leagues. (The higher you go)  Now they are only going to last for 24hrs.
For the casual player, that's going to eat through your hard earned kobans very quickly.
This just stinks of now we have you hooked, give us your money.
This used to be fun. I'm not sure it is anymore.
As for trying to work out strategies to use all the new ranked equipment? Do you really want to spend that much time of your life on a 'supposedly' fun game?
Clearly some do.
I will see how things pan out over the next couple of weeks.

• Like 2

Not that one person's opinion matters to a hill of beans, but... In my humble opinion, the developers have totally screwed this game over with this latest "Patch" and here's why. I'm not sure how other players will view it, but in the Market, when I was buying boosters with hard earned Kobans, I rather enjoyed the idea that I was getting my money's worth. Take Rare or Epic Boosters for example with a lasting duration of either 36 hours (1.5 days) or 72 hours (3.0 days) that are now all reduced in duration to ONE DAY? Suddenly you have players with mega-level stats who are virtually unbeatable unless you pour an equal amount of Kobans (cash) into the game and just to top it all off, the ones I have already bought on the idea of the lasting duration have been reduced to only one day as well so if I want to be competitive, I have to fork out real-world money nearly every day? That, to me, feels like you've kindly dipped your hand into my pocket and stolen something from me.
Now I understand that a business is in business to make money, and make money I am CERTAIN y'all do. I'm also certain that you're alienating a lot of your customer base with corporate greed and driving people away from what used to be a fun game.
I've been playing for more than a year and a half now, but thanks to repeated changes like this one, coupled with extended looking at "Coming Soon" on features that would increase customer satisifaction and enhance playability while cash-cow Koban generators in the form of repetitious "Special Events" are introduced with almost clock-like predictibility, alongside the seemingly unending ways to spend Kobans, (AKA real-world cash) when my monthly card is used up, it saddens me, but I'm out.

Edited by Kuradur
(Simple typo... Ooops!)
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Daniele said:

Anyway, those new boosters are a terrible move towards P2W, like bananajoy said they are way too powerful. 14700 points of ego? 3675 points of damage? Let alone 10% boost... And you can equip 4 of those at the same time... PVP will be totally fucked up xD

And that's exactly what's happening now! I really hate when temporary (and P2W) boosters influence so much stats in a game. What's the meaning of temporary boosters if they are almost mandatory to be always on?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Kuradur said:

Not that one person's opinion matters to a hill of beans, but... In my humble opinion, the developers have totally screwed this game over with this latest "Patch" and here's why. I'm not sure how other players will view it, but in the Market, when I was buying boosters with hard earned Kobans, I rather enjoyed the idea that I was getting my money's worth. Take Rare or Epic Boosters for example with a lasting duration of either 36 hours (1.5 days) or 72 hours (3.0 days) that are now all reduced in duration to ONE DAY? Suddenly you have players with mega-level stats who are virtually unbeatable unless you pour an equal amount of Kobans (cash) into the game and just to top it all off, the ones I have already bought on the idea of the lasting duration have been reduced to only one day as well so if I want to be competitive, I have to fork out real-world money nearly every day? That, to me, feels like you've kindly dipped your hand into my pocket and stolen something from me.
Now I understand that a business is in business to make money, and make money I am CERTAIN y'all do. I'm also certain that you're alienating a lot of your customer base with corporate greed and driving people away from what used to be a fun game.
I've been playing for more than a year and a half now, but thanks to repeated changes like this one, coupled with looking a "Coming Soon" on features that would increase customer satisifaction and enhance playability while cash-cow Koban generators in the form of repetitious "Special Events" are introduced with almost clock-like predictibility, alongside the seemingly unending ways to spend Kobans, (AKA real-world cash) when my monthly card is used up, it saddens me, but I'm out.

Boom!... Agree 100%

36 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

...there are F2P players who spent kobans to buy boosters? Geez, talk about misplaced priorities.

This before the patch. Now even F2P may need to buy them to fight users that were in their combat range before.

13 minutes ago, Mythos said:

This before the patch. Now even F2P may need to buy them to fight users that were in their combat range before.

I really don't think that the vast majority of F2P players will have to worry about finding their arena opponents constantly boostered up. If it's about leagues, then strategic booster usage for maybe 24 or 48 hours per season should go a long way. I expect I'll be able to win more league battles than before. (Not that I really need it in the many seasons where I'm tanking for 16th place anyway...)

Things may be different at the very top of the league food chain in D2, but even there I'll have to question how competitive F2P players really were against the whales and dolphins so far.

16 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

If you are so discontent with it why not quit leagues at all and fo then only when there's an exp requiring contest? Either ways leveling up too fast only increases your shop prices...

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer... It's brilliance. 
Edited by darkone
font size
  • Like 1