Spring Break

Zanko

17 hours ago, Observer_X said:

In my book, he did not. Even taking apart the fact that, as I stated elsewhere, I am deeply attached to my opinions, the main and incontrovertible fact about HH is that every player, willing or not, is dominated by RNG, and sometimes RNG gives, some other times don't, and by my point of view I don't see a reason why I should not complain when i don't like how things are going. Moreover, as I also stated elsewhere, I don't use math while playing the game and don't follow other players math, because for some time now my gaming experience has told me that mathematics has never been able to fully describe the reality of the game and, even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have time to play that way.

Maybe more important, @pitythefool, no, I didn't read your past posts, because, as I said, with all due respect I don't care about posts about math applied to the game, and normally I have not enough time to read posts long as the one above where you quoted me (or even longer): that one was a quite rare exception, as often I skip reading posts long as that (or longer) after the first lines. Moreover, I didn't said that this game is no more free to play: I said that day by day the devs behaviour is slowly getting the game towards that direction, and although someone could deem that as subtle, there is difference.

As a side note, taking into account that (as I also said elsewhere already) everyone (me included) has the absolute right to play the game the way he chooses, taking his own decisions and living up to them (otherwise said, my account, my decisions, your account, your decisions, and if we don't like each other's decisions it is only mine and/or your problem, and regarding mine I won't lose sleep about it), as I said in my post in the previous page, it is from some time I decided to play the game as koban don't exist (apart picking them up), and, posed my patience endures until that time and some event of my personal life don't take me away from the game, I will probably continue to follow this line of behaviour until the end of game development. Until that moment, I will exploit the more I am able event like the Epic Days to empty the Epic pachinko of girls (before the attraction system, I had an exxagerated luck in the last one, obtaining 5 of 6 girls only with free combativity points). Oh, and regarding your list of koban sources, aside a few exceptions like league promotions or a whole lot of resources spent in one time, I almost never obtained a decent quantity of kobans from leagues or contests.

I apologize if my post sounded too aggressive. Of course everyone should play the way he wants, we're just saying that a decision based only in your gutt may not be the right one from a cold and statistical point of view. I've never payed a single cent for this game (I'm positive I won't do it ever) and after almost a year I don't feel the devs are moving it slowly to a pay to play mode. Only avatars and such are really a black hole for kobans (the offer was very poor until some months ago and now we have like 6 new costly items added in each event) but the girls collecting is, in my opinion, even easier than before assuming a similar playing time. I have no maths to back that opinion because, just like you, I don't do maths when playing HH, but I recognise a rational and well-structured idea when I see it, and that was exactly what @pitythefool wrote there, stating some basic figures that might result useful for someone else, if you're not going to change your mind. The point is that, with all the free kobans available, getting girls at a regular rate should not be a problema for not-paying players, appart from the RNG thingy that has always been there since we all first joined HH. But if you're tired of it, it's fine.

7 hours ago, Andy86 said:

Got Virginia this morning, and that makes 4 of the 5 girls of the event (I already had 2 before it started), leaving only Deitra. Since I prefer saving kobans for Epic / Legendary days, she'll have to wait for another time ;)

Luck for those still trying, and congrats for those who got the girls :)

Same as me!

I got Lola in the second day and Virginia early today after using a refill yesterday (I wasn't sure I would be able to could get enough shards today). Great even as far as I'm concerned.

3 hours ago, yorgun said:

Hello,

My first post.

I got both Virgina and Lola, it was fun.

I am going to ask about the items, are they more powerful as a set or just some items bundled together?

Welcome and congrats for getting both girls.

As for your question, no, the items aren't connected to each other so you can use them as you like. Keep the ones you think may help you and sell the others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Chthugha said:

That's a way too long and way too convoluted way of saying that you don't care about other people's opinions and that you only post what you post because you feel the need to post your opinion.

As I said, you're absolutely free to think the way you wish. I have no problems to admit you may be right at least regarding certain arguments, like people telling how others should play their games like they are the gods of strategies and the lords of statistic and RNG, and (in the end) tagging as stupid people who don't follow their advices. And I won't be so hypocrite denying that probably there are other cases, maybe many others. What I don't accept is to be tagged as a person who refuses everything other people say, simply by party. If it is what you understood, there are two cases: or (as it already happened in the past) I explained myself in a non sufficient clear manner, or simply you understood wrong. The latter part, anyways, is almost always true: I post because I wish to share what I have to say, and moreover, I think it is what most forum posters do. If other people show to respect my opinions, even if their is different, I am obviously happy. If not, I won't lose sleep on it.

52 minutes ago, pozi said:

I apologize if my post sounded too aggressive. Of course everyone should play the way he wants, we're just saying that a decision based only in your gutt may not be the right one from a cold and statistical point of view. I've never payed a single cent for this game (I'm positive I won't do it ever) and after almost a year I don't feel the devs are moving it slowly to a pay to play mode. Only avatars and such are really a black hole for kobans (the offer was very poor until some months ago and now we have like 6 new costly items added in each event) but the girls collecting is, in my opinion, even easier than before assuming a similar playing time. I have no maths to back that opinion because, just like you, I don't do maths when playing HH, but I recognise a rational and well-structured idea when I see it, and that was exactly what @pitythefool wrote there, stating some basic figures that might result useful for someone else, if you're not going to change your mind. The point is that, with all the free kobans available, getting girls at a regular rate should not be a problema for not-paying players, appart from the RNG thingy that has always been there since we all first joined HH. But if you're tired of it, it's fine.

No offense taken: if people would judge other people for being passionate about defending their opinions, I would probably be one of the first to blame... I already talked in previous posts about choosing a behaviour and living up to the consequent decisions, so it is useless to repeat myself again on this. I took a look to your profile, ad saw you are more or less 65 levels of experience under me, but have only 10 girl less, and I can only imagine this is because you had played some Epic Pachinko in the past while up to now i never did a single spin at EP (unless of course you had much more luck than me in getting girls, but that is relative, as I miss only 5 villain event girls). Anyways, I hope for you that my case is different than yours, because lately (more or less after level 290, if memory serves me right) I noted an increasing difficulty in getting villain girls, in general needing more combativity spent (and the the introduction of the affection system up to now IMHO has not eased the situation). Point is, as I stated in one of my first posts, in my humble opinion, in a game like this, to have the game deserve praise, the main difference between paying and free players should be the time needed to reach certain goals, obviously in a reasonable proportion. Taking apart the subjective measure of "reasonable proportion", unluckily I think that this game is far from this situation: it may still be an enjoyable game by some sides, but I don't think it will be recorded in the annals as the best hentai game ever created, and in my opinion the main reason for this is the widening fissure between free and paying players, and one of the main traits of this division is the increasing difficulty for free players to obtain girls (or, maybe more indepth, to gather enough resources to be competitive in the game) the more they increase in level, compared to their paying counterparts. This, obviously, is what my game experience told me, so I can't pretend that anyone that reads this take what I wrote as gold cast.

Oh, and for anyone who didn't read my older posts and maybe asked himself about my lack of time, apart personal life engagements one reason is the time I often need to answer... to write, control and correct this post, I needed more or less three hours...

Finally, let me give my excuses to the fellow players, as I realized only now that in the heat of answering, I got quite off-topic. My apologies.

1 hour ago, Observer_X said:

No offense taken: if people would judge other people for being passionate about defending their opinions, I would probably be one of the first to blame... I already talked in previous posts about choosing a behaviour and living up to the consequent decisions, so it is useless to repeat myself again on this. I took a look to your profile, ad saw you are more or less 65 levels of experience under me, but have only 10 girl less, and I can only imagine this is because you had played some Epic Pachinko in the past while up to now i never did a single spin at EP (unless of course you had much more luck than me in getting girls, but that is relative, as I miss only 5 villain event girls). Anyways, I hope for you that my case is different than yours, because lately (more or less after level 290, if memory serves me right) I noted an increasing difficulty in getting villain girls, in general needing more combativity spent (and the the introduction of the affection system up to now IMHO has not eased the situation). Point is, as I stated in one of my first posts, in my humble opinion, in a game like this, to have the game deserve praise, the main difference between paying and free players should be the time needed to reach certain goals, obviously in a reasonable proportion. Taking apart the subjective measure of "reasonable proportion", unluckily I think that this game is far from this situation: it may still be an enjoyable game by some sides, but I don't think it will be recorded in the annals as the best hentai game ever created, and in my opinion the main reason for this is the widening fissure between free and paying players, and one of the main traits of this division is the increasing difficulty for free players to obtain girls (or, maybe more indepth, to gather enough resources to be competitive in the game) the more they increase in level, compared to their paying counterparts. This, obviously, is what my game experience told me, so I can't pretend that anyone that reads this take what I wrote as gold cast.

Of course if you're more interested in the gaming part and you're a free player you'll find HH heavily unbalanced and I fully agree with you on that. It's obvious that the dev's have to think ways of giving those who pay some noticeable advantages in terms of competition, and that hurts free players. In their first steps, a paying player can get more girls more quickly than a free one; then the difference between 2 experienced players would be not only the size of their harems but their fighting stats and chances to fight for greater weekly rewards. And I honestly think that's fair and almost impossible to avoid in these kind of games. But if you just want to procrastinate a little and don't try to compete, then it's not that bad.

Re: girls collected - honestly, I can't tell for sure if I'm on the good or on the bad side of luck so I guess I'm good because I'm still here a year after joining. I'm having serious trouble getting villain girls since Bremen's world, usually getting the third girl when I was almost finishing next world's quests (Finalmecla being an exception), but I guess that's according with Dev's plans since no new worlds available means they need to got advanced players somehow trapped in the game (with extremely hard villains or leagues or more frequent events). Shards system won't singnificantly change that because it would be unwise from dev's point of view (they may want to make it less hard but under any circumstances it will become 'easy'). I've played Epic Pachinko maybe 4 or 5 times, can't remember, but I know for sure I won't be playing again since the shards system allows me to get almost every Event girl at a lower cost through refills. Until a couple of months ago I had 'no problem' on spending 5400 of my hard-earned kobans for a random girl (the alternative being an impossible-to-estimate amount of refills for an event girl, with all the frustration that comes after more than 100 fights in a row with no result) but not now. That's why I think getting girls is easier now despite the fact that I haven't received any 100 shards drop since the implementation of this system: now you can see how far you've gone so you can estimate the amount of kobans you might reasonably need to get her, and in my case this information helps me to go for it. So maybe in the long run I'll end spending more kobans than before, with better results and better sensations, so that's a win for me and the devs (although they aren't going to see a cent going from my pocket to theirs).

I've finished this event getting both girls with 'just' 4 refills. In the past, my 'average performance' would have been 1 girl, maybe 2-3 unsuccesful refills trying to get the second and some serious thoughts about not wasting more kobans on refills ever again. Those times are gone and I think that's good for the game - the way I like to play it.

Edited by pozi

37 minutes ago, top_gun92 said:

My question is this: if the event ends tonight but the silhouette under the harem says to rescue them before the 20th, then which is correct?

The girl is only available during the time of the event. The silhouette in the harem is wrong. They recently explained that the wrong date is because of different time zones, so I wish they just wouldn't say anything there instead of giving wrong information.

• Like 1

That was a good revival.  I didn't bust my guts with kobans for refills (just 1-2 for each account) and still managed to get both girls in three accounts.  As it turned out I didn't really need to do that, but I was impatient (delayed gratification is not in my DNA).  It was interesting that HH did a swap so I had a chance to get Ginny and Lola without wasting kobans in Event Pachinko.  However, I say this from the perspective that I already had Spring Shehera and Spring Rumiko.  It wasn't such great news for the newer players who didn't get them last time or especially for newer charm players.  Still...

Very sexy versions of both girls that needed to be rescued, but now back to trying for Karole's girls or farming Roko for cash - at least for a day before the Epic(?) Days event starts.  I wish it was a Legendary Days Tripple Treat so I can put myself out of my misery in my Adrian'smole account.  Fabienne is sitting on 96 shards and she teases me with this fact every time I check out my harem in that account.  Other accounts she's in the eighties (except in Peregrine Took where I got her by winning the jackpot).  Other bonuses in this Revival were getting Queen Titania in Bryan and finally cleaning out all but Karole's girls in that account.  So, all up, pretty successful and I continue my charmed life as a lucky bastard, even if I'm mostly too old for Ginny.

Just one unrelated point (sorry for getting off-topic)... We haven't had a five star upgrade for any of the three star girls for ages.  When does HH plan on doing this?

On 3/18/2019 at 1:08 PM, Chthugha said:

That's a way too long and way too convoluted way of saying that you don't care about other people's opinions and that you only post what you post because you feel the need to post your opinion.

I have to be careful here because I have a recognised tendency to be verbose, but I reluctantly have to agree with you here.  You might've noticed I took notice of the often cruel criticism I got for some of my lengthy posts and I have worked hard to edit them down.

What I don't like has been the level of intolerance and arrogance shown by some posts in this exchange which, I add, went completely off-topic.  At all times I try to be respectful of other members' views and I'm happy to make fun of myself when I'm forced to agree I got things wrong.  I'm part human, though - not a saint quite yet!

• Like 1

I know I talked profusely about making decisions and living up to them, but despite this I can only title the following picture "How to feel my leg pulled". And the fact that I wasn't able to spend my last 11 combativity points before the ending of the event because I fell asleep doesn't help in changing title, as I consider it heavily counterpoised by the fact I'll have under my eyes my failure for an undetermined period of time... and this may happen again in the future many other times.

blob.png.d04098ba6809f78fb64962474ac65f27.png

• Sad 2

Things went a bit better for me this time around.  I thought that a pattern was forming after the previous events ended with similar results.

Lovely Moments: 1.55 girls.  Loving Lupa took about as long as expected (12.3% rate, 5.94 shards/drop), and I could only manage about half a Bunny (10%, 5 per). :P Definitely poorer final results than many have predicted as the norm and it didn't help that the event ended with an 0-22 run.  The hit rates were OK, but the hits weren't as sizable as expected (6.5 per).

Easter Feast: 1.59 girls.  Carine took seemingly forever (8.29%, 2.94 per).  Progress with Alex was reasonable, but there simply wasn't enough time left in the event to get close to a girl drop (11.7%, 2.81 per).  It didn't help that the event ended on an 0-15 run.  Overall, both the rate and the size were below expectation (10%, 3.5 per).

So, I expected another 1.5 - 1.6 girls this time around, again ending with a long-ish dry spell.

Spring Break: 2 girls.  Spring Lola took about a day and a half!  I was a bit shocked at how night and day things were here. (17.6%, 7.1 per, which worked out to 1.25 shards per battle!)  I had oodles of time to earn Virginia, most of which I ended up needing (13.2%, 6.4 per, 0.84 shards/fight).  Still, there was some time left to pump Finalmecia and/or save for the start of the next event.  The hit rates were higher to DOUBLE what I'd experienced previously, and the size was slightly higher than expected (6.7 actual vs 6.5 expected).

Easter Feast was the only Classic Event among these examples, so maybe the hit rate is different between the various types of events?  This wasn't advertised the way that shards/hit varying by event type was, but that doesn't mean it isn't a thing.

Going into this Epic event expecting a disaster since that's what I got last time around.  At least this time I'll walk away with some shards instead of nothing.

Just now, ZackMacKenzie said:

Going into this Epic event expecting a disaster since that's what I got last time around.  At least this time I'll walk away with some shards instead of nothing.

Just stick to one girl, and top her off with refills near the end. and you'll get her cheaper then rolling on EP. I miss the old days I just spread my combativity points around and hope for the best. I managed to get two that way. Yeah I know I got lucky. Ah well, I'll get 1 guaranteed this event at least, though I'll have to use refills.

@ZackMacKenzie Interesting. Just FYI I use the 10% and shard average as a simple guide that's easy for people to understand. It works as a good indicator of how things will go the grand scheme of things, even though in reality what I've experienced is something more along the lines of a general 10.5%-12% shard rate and the shard average tends to be a little lower (as your results indicated) than the assumed mathematical average. The number of overall attacks needed to get X girl end up being quite similar to the guesstimation formula (10% shard rate + assumed shard average), but obviously rng is involved so the number of total attacks can vary to some extent, ranging from considerably less to, I'd say, ~20% more as a reasonable amount/expectation. I don't think I've had any variation by the end of an event wider than about 10% on the negative/bad side. Most of the time I feel like I end up about average or slightly better when all is said and done based on a majority of my testing.

I ran 3 accounts for this event and the results were 320, 325 and 340 total attacks to acquire both girls. So I was below average with every account, but not egregiously so. The 'guesstimated' total was ~308, and at worst I was 10% over that. Which if you started the event with 0 attacks and had to buy refills would have been 5, which would have been covered by the dailies and event missions. I'll post the actual results at some point. Have to decide if I want to organize them further.

@zackmakenzie Easter Feast was the only Classic Event among these examples, so maybe the hit rate is different between the various types of events?  This wasn't advertised the way that shards/hit varying by event type was, but that doesn't mean it isn't a thing.

I doubt it, I've run multiple tests across all the event types now (including epic days) and the shard rates are a pretty solid 10.5-12%, that doesn't mean you can't get 8.5% rates or 15% rates, but those aren't the norm from what I've seen across like 25 tests.

Edited by pitythefool

3 hours ago, Lhans said:

Just stick to one girl, and top her off with refills near the end. and you'll get her cheaper then rolling on EP. I miss the old days I just spread my combativity points around and hope for the best. I managed to get two that way. Yeah I know I got lucky. Ah well, I'll get 1 guaranteed this event at least, though I'll have to use refills.

I agree with you entirely.  The way things are set up now it's almost impossible to get one girl within a four day event let alone two.  For this one, I'm focusing on Trinket in my hardcore accounts and Evelyn in my know-how accounts.  It may be more than academic here because both are legendary and may have good stats in their respective classes.  It might be worth spending kobans on a few refills if the shard count towards the end justifies it.

39 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I agree with you entirely.  The way things are set up now it's almost impossible to get one girl within a four day event let alone two.  For this one, I'm focusing on Trinket in my hardcore accounts and Evelyn in my know-how accounts.  It may be more than academic here because both are legendary and may have good stats in their respective classes.  It might be worth spending kobans on a few refills if the shard count towards the end justifies it.

Pretty much is impossible to get any girl in an Epic days or Legendary days event now without refills unless you land the 100 jackpot.

Epic days girls are guesstimated ~333 attacks to acquire - you only get 192 free attacks + 20 you maybe saved up before event starts and 0-8 from arena dailies (League rewards too if it overlaps the event time, but not everyone is sexpert 2 or higher)

I've run 4 tests and the attacks to acquire were 214 (100 crit at 87 shards), 248, 288, 348.

Though 4 isn't a large sample size, it pretty much reaffirms that you have to spend some kobans on refills. Not really unexpected. I had to spend kobans last Epic days as well, so it's not a big deal, though you might have to spend more than usual, HOWEVER every girl is acquirable within a fairly consistent range now. You probably won't get a girl in 20 attacks anymore, but you also won't be stuck spending 30+ refills either on a stubborn one either. Now you're basically putting ~12-18 refills on a girl to get her (ignoring free combativity). If you only wanted one girl and factor in the events free combativity, you probably need somewhere between 2-8 refills.

Edited by pitythefool
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pitythefool said:

You probably won't get a girl in 20 attacks anymore, but you also won't be stuck spending 30+ refills either on a stubborn one either.

Eh that's the thing, I've never used that many refills on a girl. I usually just do a few refills in an event.  If I don't get a girl, fine. I'll give up and chalk that up to bad luck. It just wasn't my destiny to be with her.

But because some people won't give up trying, the average of when a player gets a girl goes down. To help those guys, they got rid of my chance to get a girl in 20 attacks (insert reply with rebuttal about the extremely rare 100 shard drop that's still in). So I pretty much grind through every event now, and then using kobans to top a girl off at the end. It's so darn exciting [sarcasm].

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Observer_X said:

I know I talked profusely about making decisions and living up to them, but despite this I can only title the following picture "How to feel my leg pulled". And the fact that I wasn't able to spend my last 11 combativity points before the ending of the event because I fell asleep doesn't help in changing title, as I consider it heavily counterpoised by the fact I'll have under my eyes my failure for an undetermined period of time... and this may happen again in the future many other times.

blob.png.d04098ba6809f78fb64962474ac65f27.png

Spring Lola is legendary and only gives 1567 money?!?!?!?!?

Now that's bullcrap.