Magical Girls Event - Discussion

NotBlueNeon

Glad to see I am not the only one that reported a lower drop rate than the alleged average. I am at 40/100 with Keeka while I write this, so it is practically certain that I won't get her in the remaining two days unless a lucky 100 comes down from the sky. 😣

Well, I'm baffled. In a good way.

After a disastrous start of the event that made me honestly think I wouldn't be able to get any of the girls, I was surprised to get Keeka on day 8, and now, after a fortunate couple of days with little drops but most of them being x6, turns out I also managed to get Petal too!

I don't really know what to say, except thanking Lady Luck for paying me a visit.

Best of luck to all those that are still trying to get their girls.

Sometimes having multiple accounts is a plus...

image.png.3add73deab2463a442fdddfd1e3352b3.png

Yay!  Yay! Yay!  I got my dream girl, in Peckerbird.  She's the wrong class for this account but what the heck.  I'm still to get Petal in that account and, with x67 shards, the likelihood of doing so at this late stage is low to say the least.  However, I have Anita in that same account and Alana in Bryan.  So across all accounts this event is a clean sweep for event girls.

With Keeka sitting on x87 shards in this account I'm confident of getting her before the end.  I'm not doing refills this time around so, all in all, for all accounts this is on a par with my success rate in full events prior to the introduction of the attraction system with my best EvP result to date.

Sorry to skite, but I just couldn't help myself.  It was a huge contrast to the disaster when trying for Sarah Jay when the best I could do was x37 shards in any account.

• Like 4

On 5/9/2019 at 7:45 AM, triplecane said:

I'm in the same boat. I will need refills and quite a lot of them if the current trend continues. But it's only pixels so let's not stress too much :)

Using your frame of reference: if i want to downplay the value of money, i would say it's only paper or it's only metal9_9 and it's the human condition

to stress about things and situations 

54 minutes ago, casey said:

Using your frame of reference: if i want to downplay the value of money, i would say it's only paper or it's only metal9_9 and it's the human condition

to stress about things and situations 

Well, you do not need to downplay it, it actually is just paper and metal, money isnt real, it's just an intersubjective accepted construction, but I am not so sure about the pixels though, they seem more real

but anyways their value is a totally different question, not really measuarble, just subjective measurements and hence the reactions are also totally different to not having one of them (obviously if the pixels are more important to you than money (and why not?) your reaction will be more intense ... (not sure, if there is a point I wanted to made, seems too trivial, but then it's really late ...)

btw: finally got both girls thanks to a lucky 100 drop

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

I've got every single event girl with only spending 5400 kobans on 3 event pachinko rolls. Sometimes it feels good to be lucky. Dropping the 2 boss girls took me 10 days, without refilling through kobans.

A little worried since I'm at 80/100 with Keeka and only getting x1 or x2 with the shard drops through every 20+ fights or so... I actually broke my iron rule of not using kobans for refills but... I'm somewhat close... grrrrr.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zanko said:

A little worried since I'm at 80/100 with Keeka and only getting x1 or x2 with the shard drops through every 20+ fights or so... I actually broke my iron rule of not using kobans for refills but... I'm somewhat close... grrrrr.

I would encourage you to spend Kobans. Buying refills is one of the most efficient uses of Kobans. You can probably get her in approximately 3 refills (maybe more if you are still unlucky). That is around 600~650 Kobans for a girl. Much better than 5400 for a girl.

That being said, I'm not following my own advice this time. I have only 56 shards on Keeka and I am giving up. I'm saving my Kobans to dump all of them in event pachinko in the next event. And if all goes well, I may still have some for the Epic Days after that.

Edited by ObviouslyFake
  • Like 2

I'm finishing the event with the two boss girls, Crystal and I got Mani from the Epic Pachinko (so now I have both versions of her after the Valentine one).

I has ended up being a better event than what I anticipated after the first couple of days.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ObviouslyFake said:

I would encourage you to spend Kobans. Buying refills is one of the most efficient uses of Kobans. You can probably get her in approximately 3 refills (maybe more if you are still unlucky). That is around 600~650 Kobans for a girl. Much better than 5400 for a girl.

That being said, I'm not following my own advice this time. I have only 56 shards on Keeka and I am giving up. I'm saving my Kobans to dump all of them in event pachinko in the next event. And if all goes well, I may still have some for the Epic Days after that.

True... I'm planning on saving up for the event pachinko for the event return of Alexandria... it would take a long time... but I want her badly enough to wait and bid my time and kobans. Which you were right it did take three refills to get Keeka. Still annoying that I had to spend kobans... but I'm a collector that has an addiction problem I think.

• Like 1

I managed to have 100% success with the two girls to be rescued in all 6 accounts.  I did this without recourse to koban refills (as I'd planned anyway, whatever the outcome).  This is the first time I've ever had a clean sweep in any event across all accounts.  In EvP I also had Keeka (twice), plus Anita, Alana and Cori.  I got 5 x100 jackpots as well so this would've had an impact on the final result perhaps.

Even though I didn't get Cori in the accounts that mattered, I sure as heck can't complain.  It makes up for a dismal showing trying for Sarah Jay (not that convincingly, though, I have to confess).

I'd just like to say, too, the girls on offer were absolutely fantastic, including Crystal.  She would have to be the sexiest mission reward girl ever.  So, at the risk of sounding like a broken record yet again, well done artists!!  You're getting better and better with each event.

Congrats to all those who were successful; to those who weren't, see what happens next year when it is revived.  You'll have shards stored up for it.

2 hours ago, Zanko said:

True... I'm planning on saving up for the event pachinko for the event return of Alexandria... it would take a long time... but I want her badly enough to wait and bid my time and kobans. Which you were right it did take three refills to get Keeka. Still annoying that I had to spend kobans... but I'm a collector that has an addiction problem I think.

Oh God, me too!  I have a serious, serious addiction problem when it comes to collecting girls.  I worry less about the arena and seldom take part.  I'm not so great on collecting useful equipment which makes me less competitive, I guess.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Oh God, me too!  I have a serious, serious addiction problem when it comes to collecting girls.  I worry less about the arena and seldom take part.  I'm not so great on collecting useful equipment which makes me less competitive, I guess.

I take part in the arena because it sometimes offers the +2 fight energy which I would like to have when aiming for girls. Though yeah Sarah Jay was one of the few legendaries I didn't bother to go out of my way to get. There are some I do go guns blazing for like Spring Lola or Norou because they are Know How types and work with my arena stats. Ah again I know my addiction is mixed up with my competitiveness in the arena. 

3 hours ago, Zanko said:

I take part in the arena because it sometimes offers the +2 fight energy which I would like to have when aiming for girls. Though yeah Sarah Jay was one of the few legendaries I didn't bother to go out of my way to get. There are some I do go guns blazing for like Spring Lola or Norou because they are Know How types and work with my arena stats. Ah again I know my addiction is mixed up with my competitiveness in the arena. 

You're right there, of course.  I play the arena in my Peckerbird account because this is currently my best one in terms of stats.  In that account I was tinny enough to get some great equipment in EvP this event, as well as Anita and Cori, plus some lucky breaks in the market.  Some people do spin after spin in Great Pachinko (they swear by it), but I found this offers lousy returns for the investment.  I haven't had any luck in it for ages.  I used to, but HH seem to have lowered the odds on getting mono stat legendary equipment, even with ten spins.

Sometimes the outcomes of this game leaves me literally baffled. After my last post on Saturday, shard drop rates on Keeka practically skyrocketed, leaving me with 57 shards in around 80 battles. Never seen a similar behaviour variability on drop rates. Yesterday morning, after falling asleep, I woke up with 11 combativity point to spend... and 95 seconds left before the event end. I jumped on Ninja spy ready to fight as fast as I could... and at the first battle I got a four-shard drop. When one say "in extremis".

Although surprised, with the remaining points I started to pound Jackson's Crew to obtain the first world girls shards.

2 ore fa, Observer_X ha scritto:

Sometimes the outcomes of this game leaves me literally baffled. After my last post on Saturday, shard drop rates on Keeka practically skyrocketed, leaving me with 57 shards in around 80 battles. Never seen a similar behaviour variability on drop rates. Yesterday morning, after falling asleep, I woke up with 11 combativity point to spend... and 95 seconds left before the event end. I jumped on Ninja spy ready to fight as fast as I could... and at the first battle I got a four-shard drop. When one say "in extremis".

Although surprised, with the remaining points I started to pound Jackson's Crew to obtain the first world girls shards.

Sincerely it's something that I noticed too and not only in this event: the number of drops soars the last days of an event.

Very well I say, but this is nothing more than a further indication of a doubt that they have in many, namely that the drops are driven.

With the old system you could take a girl any day, with the new one the drops are "randomly" balanced to get you to finish the event exactly on the last day (or at least take you to a percentage high enough to push you to use refills).

At least this is what I have verified so far (and reading the various posts it seems that I am not the only one to had this experience) but if these highs and lows are predetermined, as it seems, all the talk about luck and misfortune becomes more like a mockery.

• Thinking 1