What's the first Champions prize you found?

Mythos

What's the first Champions prize you found?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What's the first Champions prize you found?

• Outfit (1 of 3)
    • Background (1 of 3)
    • Theme
    • Girl

20 minutes ago, WumboCombo said:

Morning wood house is insufferable! Gone through it 3 or 4 times now and it gives everything but the haremette!

If it makes you feel better, there's 8 unique items to get (including teh haremette) so it hasn't given you everything before the haremette yet

12 hours ago, WumboCombo said:

Morning wood house is insufferable! Gone through it 3 or 4 times now and it gives everything but the haremette!

Moreover, if this poll about the prizes frequency has any relevance, probably around 85 - 90% of players will have to clear every champion 8 times before obtaining the relative girl.

Edited by Observer_X

3 hours ago, Observer_X said:

Moreover, if this poll about the prizes frequency has any relevance, probably around 85 - 90% of players will have to clear every champion 8 times before obtaining the relative girl.

How did you come to that conclusion from the poll about the first prize?

23 hours ago, Sefiroth said:

How did you come to that conclusion from the poll about the first prize?

After 158 member voting the percentages are:

Outfit (1 of 3):                        27,85%
Background (1 of 3):            56,96%
Theme:                                      6,96%
Girl:                                             8,23%

Now, Outfit +background goes as 27,85% + 56,96% = 84,81%. This is the percentage that a player will get these gift first. Adding the theme it becomes 84,81% + 6,96% = 91,77. As these are all percentages, representing a statistic, I simply made a rough estimation range rounding values to the nearest multiples of 5%, obtaining a range of 85 - 90%. Although I am definitely not a statistician, I think that as a rough estimation should be fine enough.

1 hour ago, Observer_X said:

Now, Outfit +background goes as 27,85% + 56,96% = 84,81%. This is the percentage that a player will get these gift first. Adding the theme it becomes 84,81% + 6,96% = 91,77. As these are all percentages, representing a statistic, I simply made a rough estimation range rounding values to the nearest multiples of 5%, obtaining a range of 85 - 90%. Although I am definitely not a statistician, I think that as a rough estimation should be fine enough.

Even if the girl probability isn't adjusted as the pool grows smaller, and a chance to get a girl is always 8%, the chance that you'd need 8 victories is ~55.78%. If the chance (weight) grows larger as the pool of items shrinks, the odds become significantly better. Although tbh I have no idea what's the usual approach to dealing with probabilities in cases of shrinking reward pools in games like this. Kinda curious!

4 ore fa, Observer_X ha scritto:

It doesn't work in that way, a single shot doesn't determine when the right one will happen, it just tells you what happened in that specific shot.

In this particular case the first attempt had a 1/8 chance (12.5%). Whoever took her in the first try was in this range, those who didn't take her the next time will have 1/7 of a chance then the probability will go up to about 14.28, and at every turn if they fails it will go up again until the 50% of the seventh try and, obviously, the final 100%, but nothing says that you will not end up in the right range in one attempt or another.

For example, in the first round I took a background and I marked this in poll, but in the second I took the girl (and this is not marked anywhere).

If you want to do a real statistic you would need a poll for every shot but, at the same time, this will not tell you when you take the girl, you just keep track of the luck of those who participate in this forum.

On 8/1/2019 at 1:30 AM, [CNO] BananaJoy said:

i hope not. my fight against visor will take around 40+ tickets atm. i got slaughtered by him because of his f... poses. and to do that with the final boss i cant imagine how that will be

Luckily Alban doesn't have his girls poses in the rotation. Visor is an absolute nightmare sometimes. I've had at least 2 poses in the rotation every time. More than 2 and at least it makes your draft easier as you don't have to worry about the last 4, 5 girls in the group. You'll never make it to them even once. XD

• Like 1

Uhmm has anyone noticed they reduced the stage rewards for Champions? Now it's only 1 item per stage instead of the 2 that it used to be, was it an event or something that ended now or what? IMO this sucks big time as seeing how timeconsuming is to beat ONE stage in Champions the 2 pieces of legendary gear were at least some compensation for the time invested, but now it makes Champions even less of a draw for me at least...

Just now, Venge33 said:

Uhmm has anyone noticed they reduced the stage rewards for Champions? Now it's only 1 item per stage instead of the 2 that it used to be, was it an event or something that ended now or what? IMO this sucks big time as seeing how timeconsuming is to beat ONE stage in Champions the 2 pieces of legendary gear were at least some compensation for the time invested, but now it makes Champions even less of a draw for me at least...

I'm surprised you were able to write that post, seeing as you didn't manage to read patch notes that is.

1 minute ago, Venge33 said:

Just now, GeorgeMTO said:

I'm surprised you were able to write that post, seeing as you didn't manage to read patch notes that is.

Well duh when the patch notes are hidden as fuck and only forum moles like yourself can find them I guess that's normal no? I play the game not slink in the forum all day, so sorry if I missed the almighty patch notes that nerfed the game experience once more...

Just now, Venge33 said:

Well duh when the patch notes are hidden as fuck and only forum moles like yourself can find them I guess that's normal no? I play the game not slink in the forum all day, so sorry if I missed the almighty patch notes that nerfed the game experience once more...

They get linked in game, and pop up when they're announced. That's not hidden by any measure.

Just now, GeorgeMTO said:

They get linked in game, and pop up when they're announced. That's not hidden by any measure.

Not for me they don't, last time I saw a patch note pop up in game was 2 months ago or so, only event notices pop up in game not patch notes.

1 minute ago, Venge33 said:

Not for me they don't, last time I saw a patch note pop up in game was 2 months ago or so, only event notices pop up in game not patch notes.

We've only had one patch note since June, so I figure you probably just missed it. I'd still think to check for patch notes before asking why something happened though.

• 3 weeks later...