Patch Notes 02/10/19 - Discussion

DvDivXXX

WTF happened to the league?

We lost a lot of information, the UI became even less practical than before (I want to fight someone 3 times, now I need to go find them every time because the fight button is now on their ranking area), we can no longer click on players profile, stats are less readable, only 4 players are visible at a time, I can’t see the cursor indicating where I am in the list,...

And the best part: no patch notes about this major change.

129E5349-1E03-45B0-AE45-18458C4264C0.jpeg

Edited by linkdream
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

Quite strange, I even logged out and back in and my league page is still the same as before...

Make your browser window smaller to see the brand new design (I never bumped into it either until I decided to check, with harem interface, on purpose)

1 hour ago, linkdream said:

WTF happened to the league?

Are you on mobile? Or perhaps this affects some browsers but not others. On PC, using FireFox, I have exactly the same UI as usual (even if I go in window mode as suggested above). What I see on your screenshot is definitely weird, but it doesn't seem to be by design. It's more likely a bug or a tech issue than a deliberate change.

2 minutes ago, Lazy Lord said:

Make your browser window smaller to see the brand new design (I never bumped into it either until I decided to check, with harem interface, on purpose)

I use an old version of Chrome (I am still bound to use an old PC with Windows XP) and resizing the browser window gets only to resize the image accordingly.

Moreover, all of you guys tell me if the design I suggested (and @windia painted) quite a lot of time ago wouldn't have been better:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Are you on mobile? Or perhaps this affects some browsers but not others. On PC, using FireFox, I have exactly the same UI as usual (even if I go in window mode as suggested above). What I see on your screenshot is definitely weird, but it doesn't seem to be by design. It's more likely a bug or a tech issue than a deliberate change.

It's a change for lower screen sizes, primarily mobile but you can see it by reducing the size of your browser. Just keep shrinking it.

It's definitely by design though, since we have Kinkoid's acknowledging some small bugs in it on Discord (namely that if you have a full 15 challenges, the x15 button doesn't appear), as well as when they responded to some feedback when they put it on the test server yesterday.

This new design of the league page on mobile is terrible. The "Fight 15 times" button is not being displayed, the design no longer has a progress bar where you can check when you will get your next ticket (and I also had a difficult time to see how many tickets I even had as it is now divorced from the koban button), and worst of all when I try to select an opponent it just randomly selects a different opponent instead of the one I wanted.

Did anybody even test this?

I tried to resize the window like the size of my smartphone, but it stops before reaching that size: to wiew the new display, I had to reload the leagues page, and not only it was almost incomprehensible, but also by clicking other players in the list the wrong ones got selected. That display is heavily bugged. I am really happy that I can play on PC in a large window.

On 9/30/2019 at 2:47 PM, DvDivXXX said:

So this means you might get a mix of poses from all three classes, ... In any case, this should reduce the number of duplicate poses overall.

Well, so much for that hope.:$

image.png.915d7a8cddbfc17f3dbc3c4b113df59d.png

9_99_9

But to be fair, this might just be a temporary bug as all five poses are still of the same class too.

Edited by John 1039

6 minutes ago, John 1039 said:

9_99_9

But to be fair, this might just be a temporary bug as all five poses are still of the same class too.

Our current thinking is that the poses are generated when you clear the previous stage (or perhaps when you can battle the new stage for the first time). If that stage was already ready to go, it wouldn't have generated poses under the new rules. Will have to wait for the next one to be sure.

11 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

... current thinking is that the poses are generated when you clear the previous stage (or perhaps when you can battle the new stage for the first time)...

You're probably right.

My Champions-stage 24-hour reset period ended 10 hours after daily reset time. Don't know when the patch finally became active though.

1 hour ago, Antimon said:

I could see the new set of requested poses right after I beated Visor, so this seems very likely to me

Same here. I've beaten Romero last night, and today I could see the upcoming selection of poses, even at the "come back later" stage. Later on, when the next stage became available, the 5 poses were indeed those that had been available to me as a preview for hours before that. So the selection definitely seems to be made right after you finish the previous battle.

Uhmm guys did you notice that both your and the champion's defense stat seems to be 0 now? What's that about? The champion can't be obstructed from max hitting you every time? while for high lvls this could be good since many have enoumous dmg values, but for us lowers it's totally a pain, since we can't dish out enough dmg, but the champion can finish us off now in 6 rounds... Before I could reach round 9 or even 10 on this champion, now round 6 only, seriously?

HH champ bug 3.png

Edited by Venge33

12 hours ago, John 1039 said:

9_99_9

It doesn't seem like a bug. Same thing happened to me.

And to add to that change that makes the last stage more difficult, it is a change to unbalance classes, since that way the only class is affected is charm. And why is that? Because in this fight you have ZERO defence. So narcissism is 2x ZERO. That makes the 3rd boss too difficult (compared to his position in the "championship"), because he gains double damage from the stances (charm girl on charm boss), he gets a chance to narcissism, and you just wait till your ego depletes...

So, its another boost to the strategy that focuses on getting equipment of your class and not the rainbow class. I agree that this is the way to go if you are HC or KH, but if you are charm, you need defence for narcissism, so it's not that clear which is the right path. That makes the classes uneven, in my mind at least...

8 minutes ago, windy said:

And to add to that change that makes the last stage more difficult, it is a change to unbalance classes, since that way the only class is affected is charm. And why is that? Because in this fight you have ZERO defence. So narcissism is 2x ZERO. That makes the 3rd boss too difficult (compared to his position in the "championship"), because he gains double damage from the stances (charm girl on charm boss), he gets a chance to narcissism, and you just wait till your ego depletes...

So, its another boost to the strategy that focuses on getting equipment of your class and not the rainbow class. I agree that this is the way to go if you are HC or KH, but if you are charm, you need defence for narcissism, so it's not that clear which is the right path. That makes the classes uneven, in my mind at least...

That didn't happen before, but boss defence is also zero now. So most of my previous post is not valid

13 minutes ago, windy said:

The special is based on the class of the current girl, not the player itself. It affects all players equally. Just to further invalidate the point you've already noticed doesn't apply.

On 10/1/2019 at 2:53 AM, GeorgeMTO said:

It's only 'possible' because they don't explicitly say it'll be visible from the beginning (which may mean it simply removes the need for screenshotting) so we don't know for sure it's a benefit.

I just tested this, and it is visible from the start, so it's definitely an upgrade. It means you get more damage from that first fight.

2 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

The special is based on the class of the current girl, not the player itself. It affects all players equally. Just to further invalidate the point you've already noticed doesn't apply.

Even if I implied I'm charm, I never said it's a disadvantage for players, but mostly a disadvantage for a player that following his class has chosen the easy way to rainbow equipment. I know it's the same for all players.

What from those I said that is completely invalid, is that boss gains the advantage of narcissism, and that's invalid because he doesn't have defense as well. It is true what I said, that fighting a boss that requires charm stances will be harder since you won't be able to use the charm special. But that looks like it's just temporary, since patch applied after the stances for what we fight today was already decided.

On the topic of the position selections for stage 5 battles: Has anyone here newly reached a stage 5 since the patch went live yesterday, i.e. completed a stage 4 within the last ~24 hours?

If it's true that stage 5's still only draw from the champion's regular 4 poses, they've made a classic Kinkoid blunder here, because it's stage 1's that now appear to use all 12 positions instead... (Only observed with Romero so far, further reports of that on other champions would also be appreciated.)

3 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

On the topic of the position selections for stage 5 battles: Has anyone here newly reached a stage 5 since the patch went live yesterday, i.e. completed a stage 4 within the last ~24 hours?

If it's true that stage 5's still only draw from the champion's regular 4 poses, they've made a classic Kinkoid blunder here, because it's stage 1's that now appear to use all 12 positions instead... (Only observed with Romero so far, further reports of that on other champions would also be appreciated.)

I did on Elites University. The champions poses there are a mix of at least charm and hardcore.

• Thanks 1