Orgy Days (25 Dec 2019) -- Discussion

FinderKeeper

11 hours ago, Bomba said:

I don't?

It's true that discussion "did not establish itself properly.", hard to navigate with all these long posts, addressing multiple issues, jumping from one set of girls to another. And I personally have troubles with following it, especially those walls of text. It should've migrated to separate thread. I just tried to summarize the gist of it, so if someone joins this thread they can easily understand what we are talking about and maybe clear some misunderstanding in the process.

Ah, I see. Your "confusion" comment left me a bit confused. xD

• Haha 1

The event itself is very nice overall, as with the previous Orgy Days event, even a bit better thanks to the new villain tier system. It's a nice touch to have Agate on Dark Lord alongside her imitation, Akhates. The only two issues I have are that I've just spent a ton of kobans on Epic Days, so it's not easy to fully benefit from this event as well, and of course that I really don't want to get Holiday because of the terrible, terrible art used for her (but on the other hand, I'd rather take her out of my EP pool while I can, for the same reason).

I'm thinking about making a dedicated topic, probably with a poll, about the massive drop in art quality (and big change in art style), but I probably won't have the time to do it properly until after the holidays.

Just a quick point on that while I'm here:

On 12/25/2019 at 3:01 PM, Chthugha said:

All I get from this thread is that it's not a style problem (which I just do not agree with... to me it's the style that doesn't fit the game and the rest I couldn't care less about) but an anatomy problem. Or you guys are extremely bad in saying what you want to say in English.

It's not an anatomy problem, it's much more than that. There are anatomy mistakes and weak drawings sprinkled throughout the game (especially noticeable for hands and feet). It's more of a "we're supposed to be rewarded by ART, not ugly smileys with legs" problem (see Holiday).

EDIT: Also, yes, the background switch is still disturbing to my eyes as well, although it might be slightly slower than in the previous OD event. I'd rather have it switch every minute or so.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Observer_X said:

By the way, maybe it's just a insignificant workaround, but should you find it useful, my advice is that, if you have idle times online, then keep waiting in the Arena screen, that does not have the switching background of the main screen. The only other alternatives with this advantage are the club screen (the main one from the town or the menu, not the list in the Tower of Fame) the adventure/world screens, the player profile screen (that are not as useful as the arena screen for waiting) and the champions screen (but obviously only if you are taking turns to fight the champions during the event). When you need to play leagues, play pachinko or gather money, you do that quickly and then switch screen back.

Thank you for the advice, comrade, but in Soviet Russia either you solve a problem or a problem solves you. Compromise is unacceptable!

srrp.jpg.57764e0601d80b8182c95d05471e22ed.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Well for me, I'm just sad I won't be getting santa claudia or Winter Arcane (again).  Here's to hoping I eventually snag them from mythic pachinco if nothing else.  Only had enough kobans for 2 event pachinco pulls, got nothing.  Other than that got the boss girls besides the new one, and need the mission girl.

• Like 2

I got caught out big time!  Scroll bar! which Chthugha reminded me of.  Here I was, happily farming Roko and Jackson's Crew for cash (and Tier II girls) and I discovered this strange creature attached to Donathien.  So I should've been trying for her in my HC accounts, but got Hima to x65 shards so far instead in Lili.  Bummer, bummer!

Oh well, I've managed to get Holiday to x11 in one round in that account, but I may run out of time.  I sure hope her looks improve past the opening pose because she's an odd creature indeed.  As Falco82 had said, her artwork seems substandard.

I should've guessed... The pattern is: lots of duel event girls from the past and one new legendary to be rescued from a villain - all the others Pachinko only.  Last one was Sady.  And that time too there was a scroll bar.  How could I have been so dumb? Twice!!

I can't grizzle too much, though.  I recruited Akhates already in Peregrine Took and I'm on the way to getting Hima.

19 hours ago, Lemus said:

Thank you for the advice, comrade, but in Soviet Russia either you solve a problem or a problem solves you. Compromise is unacceptable!

srrp.jpg.57764e0601d80b8182c95d05471e22ed.jpg

Yep, that's what my town page will continue to look like during Orgy Days, too, until Kinkoid change that annoying screen flip to a less intrusive frequency (or scrap it altogether).

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Duck_Sick said:

they didn't even list all the girls in the health bar ... or i didn't notice, had i not checked by chance, i would've missed out on leia morgana / rey palpatine.

There's a scroll bar. They've done this multiple times before. Alternatively, learn to read the event brief at the start.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had to laugh at the post above.  Kind've agreed til this...

image.png.f27cb07a909f81ddbc0a1e31c0ffec95.png

Still, having had all the past event girls I spent my time trying for Aghates and Hima in the tiers and got Aghates in two accounts.  I discovered there was this Holiday girl attached to Donatien, but I hadn't paid attention to the scroll bar.  I made a concerted belated effort in this account, got her up to x66 shards and more or less gave up with less than a day to go, but for the x100 drop.

Sure, Holiday's opening pose makes her like some AI, help-around-the-house-and-bedroom doll, but get past this and she's rather lovely, I have to say.  She transforms from a mannequin into a lively young beauty ready to be fucked (so what's new?, you might say).

Still, the artwork is pretty weird - lack of enough tonality, but, in the case of Holiday, this improves with each pose to be about right.

I discovered why those head-down views of the poses didn't work in Wicked Xmas.  I call it lack of perspective context.  If, say, Hateya and Claudia were posed standing on and against some object that faithfully shared the same perspective distortion it might've worked because our brains would perceive this as normal, as we do with photo images with backgrounds shown.  The other thing that was needed was for the two girls' gazes to be directed upwards and craned towards us, the viewers, to make it actually look as if they are gazing at us from below.  I hope this is food for thought for the artists.

The other thing that bugs me is the boobs and how nipples and areolae are drawn.  Too often the position of one nipple bears no real relationship to any symmetry with the other and is often drawn as it is set back into the breast without any regard for the latter's arc of curvature.  This can ruin an otherwise top-notch and sexy drawing and there's no real excuse for it.  Apart from this, the boobs are too often drawn distinctly lop-sided with one nipple in the wrong place with respect to the other (as was pointed out by other members).  These are simply careless and could require of the artist to go back to first principles and use lines of symmetry accounting for perspective (as even the greatest of artists used to do for their initial charcoal sketches).  I used to use these and still do for some complex drawings.  Having said that, this problem applied equally to the previous artist/s.  If the artwork is undertaken entirely digitally, using this technique might be difficult.  I used to use Adobe Illustrator CS3 and Coreldraw 6, but no longer do so because I can draw faster freehand.

I am a returning player .I played when hero university was just added, in the previous events i was always able to get at least  2 girls but in this event {winter agata-15, Christmas bunny-0, Commander cattleman-71, Holiday-78 } and already had shadow and fae and during the event my combativity never reached 20 .  I remember when you would get combativity every min, and now returning to the game after a while it fells like rather then being  a play to win  its pay to win.

22 minutes ago, Aper said:

I am a returning player .I played when hero university was just added, in the previous events i was always able to get at least  2 girls but in this event {winter agata-15, Christmas bunny-0, Commander cattleman-71, Holiday-78 } and already had shadow and fae and during the event my combativity never reached 20 .  I remember when you would get combativity every min, and now returning to the game after a while it fells like rather then being  a play to win  its pay to win.

Welcome back, and welcome to the shard/attraction system of acquiring girls introduced in February of this year. It's no longer advisable to battle for multiple girls simultaneously during events.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 6:44 PM, Ryoshido said:

TERRIBLE DROP RATE OF HORRIBLE GIRLS.

WORST EVENT EVER.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

🤧

6 hours ago, sanjkame said:

Worst event ever it's a little(Or a lot?) too much. You certainly weren't present on Anniversary 3 were you? 

No, no, no. He has a point. 3rd Anniversary had a terrible drop rate, but good girls. Here on another hand girls are horrible.

Well, at least the ones they added.

30 minutes ago, Bomba said:

No, no, no. He has a point. 3rd Anniversary had a terrible drop rate, but good girls. Here on another hand girls are horrible.

at least these orgy days had some girls to drop from villians ...

Edited by blaa
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bomba said:

Good Girls? All the "Good girls" were at pachinko, just boss girls from super recent events were at the bosses. Considering all the propaganda they made for that event, was simply a catastrophe

Just to compare, people are wailing about not being able to get Santa Claudia and Shadow Astis from orgy days, but what about the feeling of see 11 troll holding missions girls and the oldest one was from july 2018, so that only players with less than a year on HH would have any girls to get? 

https://harem-battle.club/wiki/Harem-Heroes/HH:3rd-Anniversary

Edited by sanjkame
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, sanjkame said:

Good Girls? All the "Good girls" were at pachinko, just boss girls from super recent events were at the bosses. Considering all the propaganda they made for that event, was simply a catastrophe

No boss girls on bosses during anniv. It was all mission girls.

• Like 1

2 ore fa, sanjkame ha scritto:

Just to compare, people are wailing about not being able to get Santa Claudia and Shadow Astis from orgy days, but what about the feeling of see 11 troll holding missions girls and the oldest one was from july 2018, so that only players with less than a year on HH would have any girls to get? 

https://harem-battle.club/wiki/Harem-Heroes/HH:3rd-Anniversary

Apart from the fact that not all the players had got them all as you said, you forgot that on that occasion there was also a legendary obtainable from the arena and in the middle of the anniversary two other legendaries were added and they were not garbage like those included in this event.

If we want to put it on the subjective, as far as I'm concerned in these Orgy Days I only had one decent girl to take (obviously I don't consider scribbles as girls), I already had all of the others and it's difficult to have an orgy with only one girl.

Edited by Falco82
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Falco82 said:

Apart from the fact that not all the players had got them all as you said, you forgot that on that occasion there was also a legendary obtainable from the arena and in the middle of the anniversary two other legendaries were added and they were not garbage like those included in this event.

If we want to put it on the subjective, as far as I'm concerned in these Orgy Days I only had one decent girl to take (obviously I don't consider scribbles as girls), I already had all of the others and it's difficult to have an orgy with only one girl.

I didn't bother for the most part as I had tiers for villains girls to try for.  These, at least, looked intriguing.  Still, I ended up making a concerted effort to get Holiday and, after that automaton opening pose she definitely improved in later poses (I managed to get her in two accounts).  As for that girl who is a dead ringer for Sigourney Weaver (even down to the outfits), after a very ordinary opening pose she improved too.  I have a feeling that members really, really wanted to get Alexandra, but no luck unless they had enough kobans for Packinko.  Me, I always preferred Bernadette Barda of all the girls from Sci-Fi, but I thought the artist nailed it with Jane Cattleman's final pose.  Her right hand placed on her hip seems rather stretched out though and out of scale.  It just doesn't sit right.  Thanks to you I'm always looking for these little flaws now so I don't know whether to thank you or curse you.  Lol.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Falco82 said:

Also it's difficult to have an anniversary with just one gift, Norou at the arena, and I won't even insist on the fact that she was a gift just FOR THE ONES WHO DIDN'T HAVE HER, because I know the number of players at the time Norou appeared for the first and second time is much smaller than on anniversary 3. 

Even with the 2 legendaries entering after(With a droprate worse than Epic days, 1-4 shards), you can't even start a comparison with the previous anniversary where you could get more than a dozen of girls many of them from pachinko from events, as well as permanent pachinko girls and event boss girls. Not 11 mission girls from the newest events.

I'm not being subjective, I don't care for which event has the worse or the best girls, the fact is that orgy days promise is bringing back several girls from past events of a specific month, they done that really well, and with them they also brought 2 horrible new girls but the sum still very high. Otherwise, anniversary 3 were supposed to be the super mega biggest event of the game, just for the weight of ads annoucing this event on other hentai sites and etc, and at the end, the medium age players had just 3 non pachinko girls, while the veterans had just 2

EDIT: If we really are going to discuss which event is the worst, we should start a new topic, we already run away from the subject

Edited by sanjkame

5 hours ago, sanjkame said:

Ok, it confirms it. I have a terrible sense of humor. Or at least I shouldn't use it here anymore.

To clarify, I think 3rd anniversary was the worst event ever. But this one was bad too.

12 hours ago, Bomba said:

GQ7wB92.jpg?1

• Haha 1

Well, for me, as a new player, this event was still worth it. I got all 4 of the girls I didn't have (I skipped Holiday, even though technically she's a 3-star Legendary from my class), on top of the cool epic given away from the missions. It was a bit costly compared to the 1st Orgy Days event (I had to make 24 refills vs only 18 for OD 1) but still quite profitable, and I'm glad I was able to catch up on these. Sure, some of the ones that were pachinko exclusive this time around were on my wish-list as well, but I got a nice alternate Agate, alternate Bunny, and 3 Sci-Fi girls I like quite a bit. All from, you know, back when they had actual artists doing the art. So I'm okay.

The main thing that bothered me was having to fight almost exclusively shitty early-game bosses that I've finished long ago, except for Dark Lord, but that didn't last long. That, and between this one and the Epic Days back to back, my koban reserve is below my comfort zone, now. But that's how the cookie crumbles.

I'm sure for 3-year veterans who already had everything available on bosses except for the ugly smiley on Donatien, it wasn't a great event, but that's a bit of a first-world problem, honestly. If you didn't need those girls, that's because you already have them, which is a good thing. Revivals are primarily meant for people who missed out or simply weren't around when the original events happened. It's normal that veterans with huge collections won't benefit from those as much (or, sometimes, at all).

As for drop rates, they were as per usual for revivals. Pretty sweet compared to any other event type.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Falco82 said:

Unless ofcourse you've already shelled out the kobans and had that said girl. Then you were double fucked, seeing how easily other ppl got her...

11 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I didn't bother for the most part as I had tiers for villains girls to try for.  These, at least, looked intriguing.  Still, I ended up making a concerted effort to get Holiday and, after that automaton opening pose she definitely improved in later poses (I managed to get her in two accounts).  As for that girl who is a dead ringer for Sigourney Weaver (even down to the outfits), after a very ordinary opening pose she improved too.  I have a feeling that members really, really wanted to get Alexandra, but no luck unless they had enough kobans for Packinko.  Me, I always preferred Bernadette Barda of all the girls from Sci-Fi, but I thought the artist nailed it with Jane Cattleman's final pose.  Her right hand placed on her hip seems rather stretched out though and out of scale.  It just doesn't sit right.  Thanks to you I'm always looking for these little flaws now so I don't know whether to thank you or curse you.  Lol.

Honestly i dont see ANY improvement in Holiday's poses. The only one less terrible is her second pose and that's overlooking her smiley face. third and  fourth poses are essebtualy the same pose with a slight difference in her leg position. I don't like her geomettically straight and almost impossibly flat nose, nor how big her ass looks due to it being drawn  in frontal view rather than in slight profile like the top of her body. Sorry, but it just looks wrong.And can we for fuck's sake STOP with the anal stuff already it's gross...

Edited by Cantrix
  • Like 2