Patch notes 05/02/2020 -- Discussion

FinderKeeper

Contests

• Improvement of the rewards from the contest system 
  • The cycle of 6 days will be changed to 24 hours (1 day) period for each contest
    • For 1st place, players will receive 300/50 Kobans
    • 2nd to 10th place players will receive 120/20 Kobans
    • Combativity will be a reward instead of affection or low rarity items

Villains

•  For Classic events, the affection shards drop amount has been improved significantly   

Monthly Card

• Release of the Platinum Monthly Card, an upgrade of the Golden and Silver Monthly Cards
  • The Platinum card will provide 10800/1800 Kobans for the month, 360/60 Kobans per day
  • The Monthly Card allows free collection of the following 
    • Free Salary Collecting from Harem
    • Free x 10 villains fight 
    • Free x15 Fights in the Leagues 
  • The new Card allows 50% off on the following items:
    • 50% off from Market reload
    • 50% off for Pachinko reroll 
    • 50% off from Daily Missions finish now an option
  • The new Card will allow Free Champion Multiple Performance and Shorter Rest.
  • If you have already purchased a card but wants to upgrade, this can be done at any time
    • The resources remaining from the old card(s) will be automatically recalculated and converted according to the new card ratio (1 day of the Platinum Card will be worth 3.00 days of Silver Monthly Card)
    • It will not be possible to have more multiple card tiers active 
    • Downgrading to lesser cards will not be possible while the player has a bigger card active
    • He must wait for the current one to expire in order to activate a different card 
  • The price of the platinum card is € 29.99

Harem

• The delayed 5-star quest grades for Pelagie and Bonny are getting released this Wednesday

Edited by FinderKeeper
info on 5-star Pelagie and Bonny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:
  • Improvement of the rewards from the contest system 
  • The cycle of 6 days will be changed to 24 hours (1 day) period for each contest
    • For 1st place, players will receive 300/50 Kobans
    • 2nd to 10th place players will receive 120/20 Kobans
    • Combativity will be a reward instead of affection or low rarity items

tenor.gif.d799f1a11fe9b324d69f62bcdda0c88e.gif

• Haha 5

in the GH correspondent patch note they announce the release of Bonny and Pelagie's male counterparts' 4th and 5th stars, too (which means that probably we'll get them on here on HH, too)

4 ore fa, Svante ha scritto:

Is the silver card now with Free x 10 villains fight and Free x15 Fights in the Leagues too? That would be great.

No, Silver card gives 60kobans/day and free collect all of harem income. the free villain and leagues fights come with the gold card

Edited by Antimon
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Svante said:

Is the silver card now with Free x 10 villains fight and Free x15 Fights in the Leagues too? That would be great.

Doubt it. They just added completely new one. Though why would anyone want to buy it as this new plat card barely gives anything beneficial. Certainly not the worth of 30€ price tag.

Edited by ShadowHaamu

Thanks for making the thread, Finder! 😃

My first impressions:

Villains:

It looks to me like they just wanted to reiterate (still without giving us the actual number, for some reason) the change that already took place at the beginning of the current event. I strongly doubt that they will increase the drop range even further in a couple of days. So, basically, this shouldn't even be in those patch notes. It's not news anymore. But please, please prove me wrong and increase it again, KK! ^^ Make my day.

Platinum Card:

Well, there are whales in this game, and I suppose it's good for them. The proportional value is even worse compared to the Silver card than the Golden card is (you pay 10 times more for only 6 times the koban quantity, for instance), but whales will be whales, and if the devs can squeeze a solid revenue out of this, it should be great for the game, so indirectly good news for everyone. As long as they keep the other two options as they are, I'm absolutely fine with this one being added. It strays a little bit into P2W territory, but at that high a price, it's okay (and they could have done much, much worse in terms of power advantage).

Contests:

Well, this is by far the biggest news, and I think it's a really positive change. As long as they keep the other variables as they are (eg, still a group of 50 people for each contest, and still the same design and requirements for each contest), I see this as a pretty big improvement for most active players (especially, but not limited to skilled and/or competitive ones).

• Extra Combativity from the mystery box instead of garbage items? Awesome.
  • 10 winners instead of 4? Fantastic (again, assuming they don't change the group size per contest)
  • More kobans for top 1? Nice! And more kobans for the new top 10 than the old top 4 used to get? Wow! Sign me up.
  • Daily instead of every 2-3 days (not always aligned)? Amazing! I'm dead serious, here. Some might fear that this will increase the grind and be more tedious, but I think it should have the opposite effect. I'll elaborate below.

Contests are just a pretty nice bonus for me at this point, kinda like little side quests that I usually don't need to work for (or not much) and when they happen to not coincide with my strategy for the days they show up, no big deal. For instance, I definitely won't spend a ton of Ymens for no good reason just to maybe get a reward from one contest. Or if I'm not in a phase where I need or want to make combativity refills and I get one of the contests that require tons of boss fights to score in, I just let it go. And so on. With a daily contest, which should give more rewards on average for possibly a smaller amount of work, I think this will only get better and better. So, this sounds like a great update to me.

Once again, this is assuming there isn't a nasty surprise that is unannounced yet to go along with this update, like groups of 500 people instead of 50, tougher win conditions, or whatever else.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Platinum Card:

Well, there are whales in this game, and I suppose it's good for them. The proportional value is even worse compared to the Silver card than the Golden card is (you pay 10 times more for only 6 times the koban quantity, for instance), but whales will be whales, and if the devs can squeeze a solid revenue out of this, it should be great for the game, so indirectly good news for everyone. As long as they keep the other two options as they are, I'm absolutely fine with this one being added. It strays a little bit into P2W territory, but at that high a price, it's okay (and they could have done much, much worse in terms of power advantage).

30 bucks per month is more dolphin territory, IMHO, and I assume Kinkoid believe there's a significant percentage of players out there that can be turned into dolphins with this offer tier. For whales it's just gonna mean they can get their usual monthly koban purchases for a slightly lower average price, so if anything Kinkoid's possibly gonna lose some revenue from them.

15 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Contests:

Well, this is by far the biggest news, and I think it's a really positive change. As long as they keep the other variables as they are (eg, still a group of 50 people for each contest, and still the same design and requirements for each contest), I see this as a pretty big improvement for most active players (especially, but not limited to skilled and/or competitive ones).

• 10 winners instead of 4? Fantastic (again, assuming they don't change the group size per contest)
  • More kobans for top 1? Nice! And more kobans for the new top 10 than the old top 4 used to get? Wow! Sign me up.
  • Daily instead of every 2-3 days (not always aligned)? Amazing! I'm dead serious, here. Some might fear that this will increase the grind and be more tedious, but I think it should have the opposite effect. I'll elaborate below.

Just to note, contests have undergone some tests on the, err, test server over the last couple of weeks, including a lengthy period where only one contest was generated daily. It's possible that this will be the flipside of the change to a fixed 1-day duration. (Hasn't been confirmed either way by Kinkoid officially, though the question was posed to them on Discord today.) 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Just to note, contests have undergone some tests on the, err, test server over the last couple of weeks, including a lengthy period where only one contest was generated daily. It's possible that this will be the flipside of the change to a fixed 1-day duration.

Thanks for the additional info.

Even without official confirmation, that's how I understood it from the patch notes. 1 contest every day, instead of roughly 3-ish contests every 3 days as we currently have (give or take, as they almost never align, but it must be about the same number of contest per day on average). 3 contests every day would be insane and a giant bump in overall rewards even if they didn't increase the actual rewards. So I expect 1 contest a day, and I don't think it will be a downside either, it'll be cleaner, simpler, and it should give more rewards in the long run.

What I was potentially cautious about would be other hidden changes, like a bigger player pool per contest, or something else that would make it harder. Was there anything like that on the test server when they tried it out there?

35 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Villains:

It looks to me like they just wanted to reiterate (still without giving us the actual number, for some reason) the change that already took place at the beginning of the current event. I strongly doubt that they will increase the drop range even further in a couple of days. So, basically, this shouldn't even be in those patch notes. It's not news anymore. But please, please prove me wrong and increase it again, KK! ^^ Make my day.

It's Valentine, not Christmas! 😅😂🤣

35 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Contests:

Contests are just a pretty nice bonus for me at this point, kinda like little side quests that I usually don't need to work for (or not much) and when they happen to not coincide with my strategy for the days they show up, no big deal. For instance, I definitely won't spend a ton of Ymens for no good reason just to maybe get a reward from one contest. Or if I'm not in a phase where I need or want to make combativity refills and I get one of the contests that require tons of boss fights to score in, I just let it go. And so on. With a daily contest, which should give more rewards on average for possibly a smaller amount of work, I think this will only get better and better. So, this sounds like a great update to me.

Once again, this is assuming there isn't a nasty surprise that is unannounced yet to go along with this update, like groups of 500 people instead of 50, tougher win conditions, or whatever else.

I fear the worse here. I've seen contests where I get like 10k points, while someone does like a million in one hour lol 😨 

If that'll be the new norm, it's bad news for little fish like myself 😅😂

It'll be zero strategy, 100% sprinting :P Or "whaling" in some cases :D 

Will have to reserve judgement and see how it goes first ^_^ But I'm pessimistic on this one.

Would possibly have preferred a 1,5-1,5-1,5-1,5-1d or 2-2-2-1d formats 🤔   

• Haha 1

Just now, DvDivXXX said:

What I was potentially cautious about would be other hidden changes, like a bigger player pool per contest, or something else that would make it harder. Was there anything like that on the test server when they tried it out there?

That's almost impossible to discern from test server contest brackets. My account is currently in the level 201-240 section and I typically have around 60 players in each bracket, rather than the expected 50 - and it was similar at level 161-200 before. That likely means there are less than about 200 active players for each of those level ranges. So, the conditions are very different from the live servers anyway.

At the moment contests are totally broken, in any case, at least on the rewards side:

image.png.d19ee0289679a907810d621c42061dd8.png

(And there are currently four of them, not three or one...)

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Karyia said:

Would possibly have preferred a 1,5-1,5-1,5-1,5-1d or 2-2-2-1d formats 🤔   

No reason to fit contest durations into a 7-day week, is there? I do agree with the general point though, if we're going to have short durations as a rule, I'd prefer something like 30 hours so that people in all timezones have equal advantages in the long run.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Karyia said:

I fear the worse here. I've seen contests where I get like 10k points, while someone does like a million in one hour lol 😨 

If that'll be the new norm, it's bad news for little fish like myself 😅😂

You have to pick your battles (and "battles" is a little strong a term, here). Like I hinted at, for the most part, there are two types of contests for me at the moment: easy-ish wins, and obvious losses. And this has pretty much always been the case, even when I was at a much lower level (there are brackets for a reason, it's not like a PvP server on a wild MMO where veterans can farm noobs at will). Before I put any amount of effort into a contest, I check where I stand by playing as normal, and I evaluate the group I'm in, especially the players currently on top. The conclusion is almost always very clearly either "forget about it" or "oh, nice, I'm already #2 without even trying! maybe I can win this one". Then I adjust accordingly.

Also, there are some contest types that are simply not worth it for me. The ones with "donations" in particular. I'm not in a position where I have millions of Ymens gathering dust, and I know a lot of long-time players are in that position, so I don't bother with those (and neither should you).

I see no reason for this to change drastically by having a tighter daily rotation, especially not with a larger portion of the group ending "in the money". Some days will have a winnable contest, others won't. At least it will be simple to remember: one contest a day, instead of "okay, Contest 1 ends tonight, Contest 2 ends in 2 days, and Contest 3 ends tomorrow..."

10 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

No reason to fit contest durations into a 7-day week, is there?

Haha ^^ Agreed. When I saw Karyia's "1,5-1,5-1,5-1,5-1d or 2-2-2-1d formats", I assumed he was joking. Why would he want the rotation to be more convoluted than it currently is? They're switching to something simpler and more routine. That's good.1-5-6-7-1-8-99.9-7/2-1.666? F. that! ^^

As for the time zone advantage, well, that's already a problem for most things in the game, including contests. Considering the EU time zone seems to be at least their second biggest market maybe behind America, it's mind-boggling that they chose such a terrible reset time for EU (and perfect for US). But EU players still manage, and I don't think it'll be that different with a daily rotation. If anything, there should be less motivation to rush at the last minute and steal the win when there's a contest every single day.

• Like 1

Silver card is $3, Gold card is $10. Both of those prices are I guess fine, but having Platinum card be 3x the price at around $30 a month!? Even for a whale this is way too much for what is given. It's a hentai "phone" game. If people want to burn their money away, there are better things out there. But hey, if they want to be like everyone else as they bait dumb people for their cash. This game will just be thrown in with all the other garage.

If you are confused, ask your question. And please don't tell me you have been hiding under a rock for years. This isn't the first, or the last time corporations sucked the consumers dry as well as the life of the game.

Edited by Yamamura
Confused reaction
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

17 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

No reason to fit contest durations into a 7-day week, is there? I do agree with the general point though, if we're going to have short durations as a rule, I'd prefer something like 30 hours so that people in all timezones have equal advantages in the long run.

Not at all. I just mentioned it as a reference.

Like you, I prefer a bit more time to actually manage, than having to mix everything up and just random chaos ocurring but... 🙄 And yes, also agree with the all time zones thingy :D 

Just now, DvDivXXX said:

You have to pick your battles (and "battles" is a little strong a term, here). Like I hinted at, for the most part, there are two types of contests for me at the moment: easy-ish wins, and obvious losses. And this has pretty much always been the case, even when I was at a much lower level (there are brackets for a reason, it's not like a PvP server on a wild MMO where veterans can farm noobs at will). Before I put any amount of effort into a contest, I check where I stand by playing as normal, and I evaluate the group I'm in, especially the players currently on top. The conclusion is almost always very clearly either "forget about it" or "oh, nice, I'm already #2 without even trying! maybe I can win this one". Then I adjust accordingly.

Also, there are some contest types that are simply not worth it for me. The ones with "donations" in particular. I'm not in a position where I have millions of Ymens gathering dust, and I know a lot of long-time players are in that position, so I don't bother with those (and neither should you).

I see no reason for this to change drastically by having a tighter daily rotation, especially not with a larger portion of the group ending "in the money". Some days will have a winnable contest, others won't. At least it will be simple to remember: one contest a day, instead of "okay, Contest 1 ends tonight, Contest 2 ends in 2 days, and Contest 3 ends tomorrow..."

Haha ^^ Agreed. When I saw Karyia's "1,5-1,5-1,5-1,5-1d or 2-2-2-1d formats", I assumed he was joking. Why would he want the rotation to be more convoluted than it currently is? They're switching to something simpler and more routine. That's good.1-5-6-7-1-8-99.9-7/2-1.666? F. that! ^^

As for the time zone advantage, well, that's already a problem for most things in the game, including contests. Considering the EU time zone seems to be at least their second biggest market maybe behind America, it's mind-boggling that they chose such a terrible reset time for EU (and perfect for US). But EU players still manage, and I don't think it'll be that different with a daily rotation. If anything, there should be less motivation to rush at the last minute and steal the win when there's a contest every single day.

I see what you mean. Not arguing that.

Just saying that the new format might just mean all losi-sh for me from now on :D Lower koban sources will spell doom over here :P 

Never played donations, don't think ever will. Except if everyone is at zeros or something (never happened) 😂 I do try strategizing... but I need to be competitive for that ;) 

Come on guys, I needed something for reference, you wouldn't understand it without numbers 🙄🤣

I predict easy winners in the first hour of the contest, from what I've seen in a few contests (I do know I'm being pessimistic! :D ) 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Yamamura said:

But hey, if they want to be like everyone else as they bait dumb people for their cash. This game will just be thrown in with all the other garage.

If you are confused, ask your question. And please don't tell me you have been hiding under a rock for years. This isn't the first, or the last time corporations sucked the consumers dry as well as the life of the game.

Edited 15 minutes ago by Yamamura
Confused reaction

Well, hello Mister Touchy. ^^ I'm not "confused", that's just the name of the reaction smiley I've applied to your post. What it actually means is WTF, which I did mean to convey (it's also the only option that doesn't give a +1 to the user's Like counter, so I default to this one when I dislike a post). I have no question for you, sorry to disappoint.

If you're the type of player who overreacts to anything by default, that's fine. I'm the type of player who will sometimes raise an eyebrow at blatant bullshit, though. Like, you know, your post calling a game you play and presumably enjoy "garbage" just because they've added an option you won't use, targeted at players you already despise... As though this changed anything for you. Overreact to that as well if you want, I don't care much.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can care less if the reaction gives me a +1, or -1. That isn't what I was going on about. The emoji is called confused, so I thought you might be wanting answers.

I'm not calling this game garage "YET," but it sure looks like its going to be. I'm also not over reacting.It's called be passionate about something I've spent a year, or so playing. I don't want to see this game turn into another cash grab, soulless game like countless others. If you aren't concerned that they are going to sell something for $30 a month, then people with your mind set are one of the problems with this system.

Whale, or not, I'm trying to look out for those that are addicted to this scam. I guess I'll just be another warning given out to the deaf.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Well, hello Mister Touchy. ^^ I'm not "confused", that's just the name of the reaction smiley I've applied to your post. What it actually means is WTF, which I did mean to convey (it's also the only option that doesn't give a +1 to the user's Like counter, so I default to this one when I dislike a post). I have no question for you, sorry to disappoint.

the sad emoji also doesn't give a +1 ;)

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Yamamura said:

If both players are in the same rank, both will gain the same rewards. Levels do not mater, your place does. @Hotless

That's incorrect as of now. Player level does matter for the amount of kobans you gain when you finish #1 or top 4 in a contest. I don't know the exact thresholds, but I definitely remember going through at least two big ones as I leveled up. In fact, I'm not entirely sure I'm at the maximum in the current system yet. I'm level 246 as of this writing, and finishing 1st in a contest gives me 144 kobans; a top 4 place, 72 kobans. I think it's been this way since I've passed level 200 or something. There was a time where I only got like 66 kobans or something even for a 1st place, if memory serves. Also, new players get Ymens instead of tickets. Level matters.

It would appear, judging from the phrasing of this change in the patch notes, that this might change with the upcoming patch, and become a fixed amount regardless of player level. But we can't be entirely sure yet. They might have phrased it weirdly, or simply given us the number for high-level players without paying attention.

So Hotless' question is legit, actually. I'd like to have confirmation either way as well.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Thanks 1