12/Feb/2020 week 7 patch note discussion

Antimon

36 minutes ago, Antimon said:

it was all written in the forum from the morning (I don't know what kinkoid did on discord), but actually the patch was active for at least 1 hour before it was notified in game, and I think this is a whole new level in miscommunication 

Agreed. Thanks for the info (I would give you a Like but the forum tells me that I've already reacted too much for today ^^ first time this happens to me).

I'm also curious about another thing. If you have an orb, can you still use the Free spin (for MP especially, although it might become relevant for GP later on when a way to earn GP orbs is added), or are you forced to burn all your orbs before you can use the free spin? I'll save my MPx1 orbs to test this on the next rotation.

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

it's the other way - you burn your free spin first and can then access your orbs

Thanks. Is it just a guess or did you already get the chance to test it? (It's possible if you still had your MP free spin from the day before the patch and didn't try to use it before earning some MPx1 orb after the patch).

34 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thanks. Is it just a guess or did you already get the chance to test it? (It's possible if you still had your MP free spin from the day before the patch and didn't try to use it before earning some MPx1 orb after the patch).

Shal tested this on the test server, free spin gets used first.

• Thanks 4

I'm going to miss the two tickets/day from the arena.

i really like Epic Pachinko *1 now that I don't have to pay for it.  I'm now ok with this replacing other rewards, but I still need three dozen tickets per champion fight and I will miss the consistent source of money.

Clearly there is a balance issue in this game where top players are full of Ymens and need to spend their Ymens on stuff (and should be encouraged to spend other resources on stuff that doesn't reward Ymens), but the lower level players need more Ymens to catch up to the top players.  

20 minuti fa, Toffik666 ha scritto:

I just bot Mythic pachinko orb and it did not work (epic pachinko orbs works fine) when i try play Mythic pachinko orb i get only error message Can't play Mythic Pacihinko now

Is it possible that you already have all three the girls in the current rotation of Mythic Pachinko? 

Why do they always have to complicate things? These orbs should just replace the gifts we got as permanent rewards (which were really a miserable reward) after the previous 8 ones have been awarded. 🙄

14 hours ago, Lemus said:

We continue to share our impressions. Apparently it's time to talk about the Pachinko orb that falls out of the bosses. This morning made 40+ fights (night supply + league award) and got zero orb. By the way, there were fewer tickets than usual, although it may be a subjective feeling. And what are your results?

Not a huge sample size, but if you're interested i got 32 orbs from 2267 fights on a test server account.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just to confirm what many may be thinking (or have experienced) - I was due to get the girl from the last champion today (saved up to get 40+ tickets), but got two orbs instead. Neither of them got me a girl in the Pachinko, though to be honest I wasn't expecting one. 

What I WAS expecting, though, was that the devs would have put in some sort of code to notice people in this situation. As it stands, the introduction of the orbs categorically and demonstrably DID change my chance of getting the last girl.

Not that I expect anything to be done about this, as others have noted the devs knew PRECISELY what would happen in this situation and apparently decided "Well, sucks to be those guys...".

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I sincerely doubt the current implementation of the pachinko orb(s) reward for champions is as intended. It would be a huge disadvantage to anyone but veterans who already acquired all champion girls, and an especially bad move towards new and future players. Given all the changes they've made over the past few months to help new and future players catching up, and to try and reduce the gap between veterans and everyone else (or at least slow down its expansion)... It would be a very weird change of direction.

Beyond that, it stands to reason that the devs are not so out of touch with their own game and its meta that they would even for a second imagine that a couple of free spins of EPx1 would be worth adding an entire, harder cycle to the grind required in order to acquire a champion's girl... So it can only possibly have been designed as a BONUS reward. They failed pretty hard on its implementation, but they've asked for our feedback and they're trying to be more reactive (and hopefully even interactive) these days. At least that's how I interpret the faster pace at which they've decided to release patches.

So, hopefully, they're aware of this issue, they fully understand that it cannot be anything else than an issue, and they'll get it fixed soon. And by "fixed", I do mean that getting an orb reward or not should be a separate thing from progressing through the 8 regular rewards for each champion. No one should have to fight a champion's cycle more than 8 times to get their girl. Whether we get pachinko orbs after clearing all the normal rewards, or on top of the normal rewards, it should never ever be instead of the normal rewards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I sincerely doubt the current implementation of the pachinko orb(s) reward for champions is as intended.

The patch notes practically spell it out that it is as intended. You just have to read the actual meaning, not apply wishful thinking. They anticipated players will say that drop chance has been reduced, so they put that note in there that it hasn't. And yes, in technical terms it hasn't, just previously there was no permanent reward in the pool. So once you remove all others you were guaranteed the girl, even though her drop chance wasn't 100% technically. Now they're removing that mechanics and the clarification is specifically there to curb players` concerns.

Edited by LanceHardwood

2 hours ago, LanceHardwood said:

The patch notes practically spell it out that it is as intended. You just have to read the actual meaning, not apply wishful thinking. 

Always great when people can "read" the "actual" meaning. Because that's always so obvious we dont really have any communication problems in the world (and especially in the game here). (Just for clarification: "irony")

Personally, I think your interpretation of this sentense is way too strong - maybe it was meant this way but in the process of coding it, there was a mistake - and sure, maybe not, but then again, maybe somewhere else, ...

13 minutes ago, ~Crown Clown said:

Is there a chance for the champion girl to be back on guarantee again?

there always is but i dont think it will happen before they introduce the methods for the other orbs, but let's see - i strongly hope for you 'newer' players that it will change back

• Haha 3

I don't care if orbs are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Changing the rules in the middle of ongoing activities with zero notice to those affected is wrong. I am going back to the f2p status for the foreseeable future. Yes, I know it will drastically slow down my character's development. Still, I refuse to pay people who tell me they will ignore any questions, not bug related to the game, and make changes to the game in a fashion that says they believe there are no consequences to their actions.

• Like 4

I confess I have complained in the past about some changes.  But now that I had time to "cool off", when I think on it with a rational mind instead of hot headed like I have in the past, since I am a f2p I really no longer care what changes they make.  But I CAN understand paying players being quite upset to have the goal posts moved on them in mid game.

For the benefit of paying players these type of drastic changes should NEVER occur.

1 hour ago, Pelinor said:

I don't care if orbs are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Changing the rules in the middle of ongoing activities with zero notice to those affected is wrong. I am going back to the f2p status for the foreseeable future. Yes, I know it will drastically slow down my character's development. Still, I refuse to pay people who tell me they will ignore any questions, not bug related to the game, and make changes to the game in a fashion that says they believe there are no consequences to their actions.

Yeah it's like they are treating us like a test server even tho the test server actually exist

I think the devs are just really like that, since this is just a small game, they don't really care😣😣

Now that the new revival is here (it's a regular revival, right? they just changed the name), I noticed a missed opportunity. They should have replaced the crappy epic item set with some amount of orbs, of any kind, really. No one uses that ever except to sell it for Ymens, and that doesn't amount to much (okay, maybe there are a few people who like to collect bad equipment just because it's unique, but I won't count those, since this is a discussion for people taking the game seriously ^^). A couple of EvP orbs would have been relevant, at least (and give a better value even if you just get items in your rolls).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pelinor said:

Glad to see somebody else voting with their wallet. I will do the same. If at least I had known they will destroy my chances to Murane I'd have spent my kobans on getting her before patch hit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Now that the new revival is here (it's a regular revival, right? they just changed the name), I noticed a missed opportunity. They should have replaced the crappy epic item set with some amount of orbs, of any kind, really. No one uses that ever except to sell it for Ymens, and that doesn't amount to much (okay, maybe there are a few people who like to collect bad equipment just because it's unique, but I won't count those, since this is a discussion for people taking the game seriously ^^). A couple of EvP orbs would have been relevant, at least (and give a better value even if you just get items in your rolls).

Should be a revival from last year's classic :) 

Yeah, I think they missed a chance, though this was probably done before they even dreamt of the new patch... like you sometimes say, it felt rushed (the patch).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blaa said:

Always great when people can "read" the "actual" meaning. Because that's always so obvious we dont really have any communication problems in the world (and especially in the game here). (Just for clarification: "irony")

Personally, I think your interpretation of this sentense is way too strong - maybe it was meant this way but in the process of coding it, there was a mistake - and sure, maybe not, but then again, maybe somewhere else, ...

there always is but i dont think it will happen before they introduce the methods for the other orbs, but let's see - i strongly hope for you 'newer' players that it will change back

I wish I were wrong here, I really do. I've already had an orb drop instead of other rewards and it didn't feel good at all.

But the wording is there for a reason. The only context it would make sense in, is if the change is intended. Otherwise they wouldn't need to reassure players that the chance is "still the same" when they would be able to see that it is, by not getting orbs until other rewards are exhausted. In fact if you think about it, Villains behave a bit differently, as in rewards that are not available at a certain time are not shown. If the intention was to have orbs after all other rewards, we wouldn't see them until the rest were gone. It is not the first nor the last text in this game which is explained by a technicality. There's a definite trend.

Great that kinkiod is developing the game and adding new content all the time!

The orbs are a great idea! Getting free rolls in the pachinko instead of things that are not so useful is a great development.

However, I would much prefer getting 2 tickets than a roll on the Mythic Pachinko for completing the daily arena. The two tickets where really useful to me. The roll on the Mythic, not so much. For other players perhaps the tickets are not so useful. Perhaps you could let the player decide if they wanted tickets or a roll?

Also in the leagues you could let the player decide if they wanted money or orbs. As a player that has a lot of upgrading of girls to do, money is still a tight spot.

I would also prefer having several contents ongoing instead of one every day. It was more fun having more things to do a once. Also having the contests run over several days made it fun to plan how to compete in them and which to do.

Otherwise great content. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1