• Mitsu
    • Yaya
    • Suki
    • Usukami
    • Kuchi
    • Nariko
    • Yuna Lola

On 4/2/2020 at 10:41 PM, Falco82 said:

Thanks for the usual e-book 😆, in fact I had not even realized that Sung Tai ki wasn't an original character. 🤔

I wanted to reassure you that HH is not made by a single psychopathic artist who changes his style or becomes good or bad depending on the day, a team works there (for GH there was talk of 4 artists and 3 colorists, in HH the team is different and most likely bigger).

Some characters like the ones you have reported are made by a good artist, others, even if Chthugha don't like it, by a bad one and we are always ready to say if an artist is good, it's not necessarily just the original.

If you see there are distinctive traits that help identify which characters were made by the same author and which from others (as you said for Lola) and each has strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately, in this event many weaknesses are seen for those who know how to see them...

And, a last thing, I don't give you spoilers but... don't put too much hope in Suki. 😓

I did get Suki and maxed out her affection.  I don't quite agree with you about her.  There are some improvements in the execution of her artwork, but some careless mistakes too, I'm sure you'll agree with: her right foot is too large in her second pose and in her final pose, her left nipple is far too droopy with respect to her right.  With a little bit more care the outcome would've been a lot better.  People have commented, too, about the sameness of expression about the eyes in most of the girls drawn by this artist.  To repeat an earlier post, this also applies to Suki, except that her wink is more authentic than in previous efforts (even by the original artist), because her slightly twisted smile is orientated the correct way for the eye that winks.  This is truly what happens when people wink.  To me Suki isn't stunning but she's more than passable to me.  Getting the eyes right and matching what they say to body language is the one the artistic skills that is hardest to master.  Once I spent a solid three weeks just drawing the upper half of the female body before I nailed it - the same with hands and capturing what they say.  Say, though, I keep saying Suki's a spirit cat yokai, but she may be a fox.

All in all, I see improvements.  The artist is not there yet, but give credit where credit is due.  The problem is with Lola.  Because she is a much loved character among many players and subtly distinctive, she should never have been passed over to a new artist, no matter who that is, because her character would inevitably be lost in translation, as turned out to be the case.  To me, Sung Tai ki is even worse, as I noted in a previous post, but she was never my favourite in even her previous forms.

The style of the new artist is, to summarise: (1) how the 'topography' of the ear is drawn, (2) how the feet and ankles are drawn (or mis-drawn, although there are marked improvements of late), (3) the bland skin-tonal quality of the artwork (although this is adopting more and more that of the original artist), (4) how hair is drawn - in Selene, for example, this looks like moulded plastic than hair fibres, but this is improving too, (5) Breasts; these have a certain sameness, but there are standouts.  Remember Sally?  Breasts that are too huge for my taste, but executed well and look really sexy.  Otherwise, even smallish breasts tend to be too full and round, and they are often carelessly drawn with nipples placed at odd angles and positions.  This isn't just a matter of my taste; it is with regard to how the breasts of original characters were drawn.  However, to be fair, Ben was pretty crap at drawing breasts, too, sometimes - especially in profile when he would make them too large.  If partially obscured by the character's arm, he drew them to make sure they were seen, even if, in reality, they would probably be almost completely or totally hidden.  For an example of this, check out some of the fairies of the Magic Forest or Abrael in most of her side-on poses.  He made their breasts look grotesque.

To me, if the artist is careless with how these anatomical details are drawn, this reduces their sex appeal and sort of undermines the point of this game.  If, as you say, there is a team of artists at HH, then there is even less excuse for these kinds of fails.  A collaborative effort ought to pick up obvious, even subtle, mistakes.

In today's mission on Pusigawa island, you satisfy assassins by stimulating their asses.  I wish all assassins were like that.

I like the Eastern style of this event.  (As for the previous main event, I am not really into sex with Pokémon.)

Edited by Dmytro
  • Like 1

I've maxed out Yaya and Suki and have only to get enough cash to max out Mitsu - each in different accounts.  From what I could see I'm impressed with all these girls.  I'm not a big tit fan normally, but Yaya's and Mitsu's are fantastic.  This artist was great at drawing their boobs and Ben could learn from him.  I could quibble about the girls' feet and a few other careless strokes of the art pen, but then these problems have always existed across the board.  In Yaya's opening pose her feet and ankles are too small and they seem oddly aligned.  This spoils an otherwise deliciously curvy and sexy figure.  She improves a lot in subsequent poses and she's my favourite of these three, although Mitsu comes close.  This is spoiled by her third pose where the artist has reverted to his weird enhanced perspective tricks.  In this case her head is only slightly forward of the rest of her body with respect to where a camera would be taking the image from, but the perspective attempted makes it too big.  For this to even remotely work would've required her head to appear slightly larger than her shoulders which would be slightly wider in proportion to a diminishing torso, which would be slightly larger than her legs and feet.  It almost works but not quite.  For correct perspective distortion, stick to the equivalent of a 65-70mm lens (how the human eye sees the world).

I think for most people the problem with the artist seems come down not so much to his skill, technique or otherwise, but the disappointment the artwork creates in us when he attempts to represent an original character - like Lola or Sung Tai ki, or the girls from earlier events.  Otherwise, I do see considerable improvements and, with Mitsu and Yaya, better eye expression that matches body language.

Just to move off topic briefly... Who drew Acadia?  She is ONE HOTTY!!  I haven't got her yet ( and she has the lowest shard count of the three), but her opening pose, and what I saw of her in The Founders (Digisekai) she holds great promise.  I think she's by the original artist, but if she's by the new artist he's nailed it with her.

Knowing I wouldn't get any of the Event Pachinko girls, I cheated and went on the Wiki to see if their images were released and they were.  After having done so I've changed my opinion.  Nariko changes from a very aristocratic appearance to a true sexpot, and very well drawn - the best of all of them.  Bugger!  I wish I'd shown more self-discipline and saved up enough kobans (say around 5,400) to make a serious go at EvP.  With two-three tries I usually get a girl every time, and occasionally two.  This would've given me over one chance in three of getting her.

I've been thinking about this art issue and I'm thinking of putting myself out there for judgement and posting some of my own drawings.  I haven't done any more for some time, but I have to confess some of the artwork that has been created for this game has been a real inspiration.  Looking back on what I'd done, I can be accused of having made many of the same mistakes as the HH artists, but there are areas where (in my truly humble opinion anyway, ahem!) HH might learn something, especially in terms of subtle facial and eye expression.  This is something I worked very hard at over the years.  Do they look at the many postings in the art spot?  All those brave people who provide us with some genuine gems, but who risk some humiliation, the bane of every artist who doesn't spend all his creative urges talking to himself alone.

Previously, I have not followed the manga-anime route, but I'm taking it much more seriously - not to copy it but to try to create my own unique take on this genre.  I just need a bit more time to think about posting some images.

Judging by the polling for these girls, my tastes definitely don't match most other members'.  I went for Nariko as I managed to get her in EP with an orb, and I maxed out her affection.  Really lovely third pose and good affection scenes.  Based on what I had, I previously went for Yaya, but Nariko knocks her off her podium.

I'd say she's by the new artist and he has excelled himself with her.  Top job.

Usukami seems to be far and a way members' favourite, so I guess I'd have to check her out.

I am wondering why Kinkoid didn't put all 8 avatars into event pachinko slot?
It only offers 3 avatars this time.
The discription may be same as I get all girls but left some avatars.
This is the first and last time I get all girls from classic event.
ALL HAIL LOLA!She is the only one with all 3 different stat,right?
(At least she has some sex scenes this time.Even I don't like it that much.) 

Screenshot_20200412-142331_1586681428632.jpg

Screenshot_2019-06-17-13-51-57_1560751130988.jpg

Screenshot_20200412-205910_1586696414831.thumb.jpg.04f35a02e4c7a72ba12b4d5bb25956af.jpg

Edited by yoyowhan
  • Like 1

Although for the last one on the villains I needed five days against the three and a half each of the other two, I was able to end the event with all four non pachinko girls. With the remaining combativity i reduced to 30 the shards remaining for Pandora girls (reached x90 with Talissa and x80 with Acadia)

Edited by Observer_X
wrong name
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Observer_X said:

Although for the last one on the villains I needed five days against the three and a half each of the other two, I was able to end the event with all four non pachinko girls. With the remaining combativity i reduced to 30 the shards remaining for Pandora girls (reached x90 with Talila and x80 with Acadia)

Well done!  I have only to get Mitsu in Peregrine Took and it would be a clean sweep of the non-Pachinko girls in all accounts.  As well as this, I managed to get Kuchi in Lili and Nariko in Adrian'smole - both great-looking girls.  I'll be going back to Ninja Spy, though, in Lili to see if I can get Gina and Lulu since they're on x90.

I'm nowhere near your shard level for the Digisekai girls.  In Peckerbird, where I've been trying for the girls, Talissa is on x60 and Acadia (I really, really want!) is only on x26.  They'll have to wait, though because I'm trying to prise Valicta from Donatien.  I've constantly been distracted by temptation ever since the tier system was introduced.

Off track a bit, I know, but, on the other hand I'm enjoying the story in the quest, 'What's this world?'.  The writers have actually captured some of how love-struck females think and react to uncomfortable desires and needs.  I've heard it said, quote: "The fifteenth wonder of the world, females!  The eight in between convey the totality of their mystery to the rest of us poor bastards!".  Right on.  This is the first time I've ever encountered this kind of writing in Hentai Heroes where the mystery of love might actually mean something - "I hate you, but I need you like hell!".  Other than that, the mystery of how this story is structured is quite compelling and worthy of greater exploration.  I think it's quite clever scripting.  If it didn't risk creating a spoiler I'd create a new topic for this alone.

[Clean sweep in all accounts - all four non-Pachinko girls in each of them, with Mitsu added to Peregrine Took at the very last minute.]

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add text
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed this event!  I thought the story missions were good and the new girls pretty hot overall.  I appreciate the improving newer art style and feel it suits the new girls well enough.  I very much like the new look for Sung Tai Ki.  (While I also like her original look, I guess I'm ok with "the same but different" as long as the quality is there in both cases.)  For me, the affection scenes have at least as much impact on how I feel about a girl as do the ALL of the poses and I'm happy that I have a couple of new favorites here, too.

Thanks, Kinkoid, for making a fun storyline around one of my favorite original characters, adding some interesting & lovely haremettes, and providing a much-needed break from reality for me during East Vibes! 😊

The very bad Mitsu's droprate (more of 300 battles, even when the drops were lower I never needed so much) forced me to use almost 1000 kobans to complete the free girls however I confirm everything I wrote.

The affection scenes are very disappointing, especially those of Yaya in which I placed more trust with deformities worthy of those of Holiday. Besides I don't understand how the bad poses of Suki (with that horrible wink too) or Sung Tai Ki with the head that seems to be resting on a body not her in the last pose can not be noticed.

I think that many look at the size of the tits rather than the quality of the whole...

I hope to find better in the next event and to have nothing to complain about because even if in part we may be getting up from the abyss (maybe), unfortunately, as I see it, we are still in it. I'm sorry.

Needed about 9 and a half days to complete two girls (235 and 267 battles, ~25% over average), so refills were all but inevitable for the third...she ended up as a 100 drop on the first battle of the second refill, at 73 shards. Well, why not.

• Like 1

I had a lot of luck this event.

Dropped all 3 boss girls for free with over 2 days to spare plus got 19 on Ornella.

But my proudest achievement was dropping Acadia from Pandora Witch in the 2 1/2 free days. I think I have been in Digisekai for about 4 months. Finally something to show for it! xD And the other 2 PW girls are both over 80 so happy dance.

So 5.2 girls for free this event. Excellent.

Obtained all the "free" girls. Had to refill combativity a little to get the last one though (~330k). I guess, I am punished (LUL I am always punished in this game) again for going for the Eternal Rivalry contest win on the first day of the event and not battling the event bosses. But that's fair, at least, as I managed to get the 1st place and obtain 300 kobans back then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 8:18 PM, Chthugha said:

As if Japanese people don't get a tan. You just have to look up some Japanese athletes like Naomi Osaka. This colour is very much possible.

in fairness, her father is african-north american, hence her darker complexion.

however:

On 3/31/2020 at 7:52 PM, Cantrix said:

There are no dark skinned japanese, and no thailand and the phillipines don't have samurai nor are counted as East, more like South-east. :D

sorry to burst your bubble, but you don’t know much about japan or the »east« (which is in fact the center, divided from the far east (north and south america) by the pacific ocean).
your claim basically exposes that you have never been to japan. i suggest for starters to look up pictures of okinawa residents. good luck.

4 hours ago, Duck_Sick said:

in fairness, her father is african-north american, hence her darker complexion.

however:

sorry to burst your bubble, but you don’t know much about japan or the »east« (which is in fact the center, divided from the far east (north and south america) by the pacific ocean).
your claim basically exposes that you have never been to japan. i suggest for starters to look up pictures of okinawa residents. good luck.

Those are not stereotypical japanese people, every country has some people with foreign genes mixed in. No the ainu too don't count as a "typical" japanese albeit being a native people for the islands. And thanks for necroing the old thread.