Patch Notes Week #17 discussion

jelom

4 ore fa, jelom ha scritto:
  • Objective example “Win 10 PvP performances or spend X amount of ¥mens” this is obviously a typo as it should say "Win 10 pvp performances by spending X amount of Ymens"

??? I think they're showing two different and separate objective examples ("win 10 pvp performances" or "spend x amount of ymens")

4 ore fa, jelom ha scritto:

Are the objectives doable in 5 days? In my opinion, yes. In total you have to get (acording to test server): 55 wins in arena or league, sell 40 items (boosters, books affection or gear?), finish top 20 in a contest, spend money (15000 Ymens x player level), 90 wins with villains, spend 15 tickets with champions, give 10000 xp to the girls.

you should be able to sell whatever you want to complete that objective, be it equipment, boosters, books or gifts

• Like 2

il y a 32 minutes, MeowMeowJason a dit :

What qualifies you to be a whale? Players who are at level 400 +, or players who spend a lot of real money?

The term "whale" in Free To Play games refers to people who spend large (absurd) amounts of (real) money within the game.

Edited by Max669
  • Like 1

13 minuti fa, DHarry ha scritto:

I am not receiving xp or gifts anymore already, but a club mate is. So some of us are and others not? Not really fair. :( 

It's not much xp, but he's already ahead in lvl. He didn't need the extra push lol. 😂

Are you sure you two are talking of the same thing? 'Cause xp and gifts (and money, books and/or boosters) as 1 arena battle victory rewards should be gone for everyone, while the little xp and affection amounts the girls in your team gets (and the xp and gift/books/combativity rewards of the daily quests for 4 and 8 victories) are still there

32 minutes ago, Antimon said:

Are you sure you two are talking of the same thing? 'Cause xp and gifts (and money, books and/or boosters) as 1 arena battle victory rewards should be gone for everyone, while the little xp and affection amounts the girls in your team gets (and the xp and gift/books/combativity rewards of the daily quests for 4 and 8 victories) are still there

I'll go check. He just said he was getting xp. Maybe he just means the girls. Or he's lying to piss me off, haha. 

2 hours ago, Antimon said:
7 hours ago, jelom said:
  • Objective example “Win 10 PvP performances or spend X amount of ¥mens” this is obviously a typo as it should say "Win 10 pvp performances by spending X amount of Ymens"

??? I think they're showing two different and separate objective examples ("win 10 pvp performances" or "spend x amount of ymens")

You are right in your explanation, those two are two possible examples of objectives.

I was misleaded by this image. If the text was referring to the current objective in it, should say "Win 10 combativity by spending x amount of Ymens".

image.thumb.png.d6b70abc56c8fe0c00b0962a153a323b.png

• Like 1

The worst part of the Path of Attraction implementation is that you don't know what the upcoming requirements are.  That means you can't manage your resources effectively because you can't identify the worst bottleneck until you reach it, and even then, you don't know that there won't be a worse one yet to come.

These mechanics are why I've left other games.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

The worst part of the Path of Attraction implementation is that you don't know what the upcoming requirements are.  That means you can't manage your resources effectively because you can't identify the worst bottleneck until you reach it, and even then, you don't know that there won't be a worse one yet to come.

For now we only know what they were on the test server, but be sure that some player will try to run all the objectives in the first day and will tell us.

18 minutes ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

You can see them in advance though? The game only lets you have one expanded at a time, but you can expand and look at the later tasks.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

You can see them in advance though? The game only lets you have one expanded at a time, but you can expand and look at the later tasks.

Ah. That's something I would have had to have seen in action on the test server or tomorrow when it goes live.  That's fine then.  I suppose keeping them closed as a default is better for reducing screen clutter. Might even want to extend that to the finished tasks as well.

6 hours ago, Bomba said:

You're correct, but I'm talking about difference and not the amount of XP. Before the patch, everyone who was doing more than 16 battles were getting additional XP. Now everyone getting that XP in just 16 battles. So now those who will do more then 16 battles will not get anything valuable from it and I think that's not cool. XP was a simple and small reward, but a a pretty valuable one.

But was it really? Sure, you've gained extra levels over players who were less active in the arena, but as far as I'm concerned the only relevant purpose of those extra levels is improved league performance. The problem here, at least from my vantage point: Most of the players that I'm actually competing against for big league prizes were heavy arena users, too, so none of us gained any real advantages over the others. All we did was gain levels on players who don't particularly matter for the competition anyway.

• Thinking 1

hace 10 horas, jelom dijo:
  • Objective example “Win 10 PvP performances or spend X amount of ¥mens” those are two possible objectives, but if it refers to the objective shown in the previous image in the patch notes it should say "Win 10 combativity by spending X amount of Ymens"

Are the objectives doable in 5 days? In my opinion, yes. In total you have to get (acording to test server): 55 wins in arena or league, sell 40 items (boosters, books affection or gear?), finish top 20 in a contest, spend money (15000 Ymens x player level), 90 wins with villains, spend 15 tickets with champions, give 10000 xp to the girls.

Wait a second. First they stop giving us boosters, books, affection items and equipment from the contests, now they also stop giving them in the Arena, and yet we're supposed to sell 40 things? WTF?!

2 ore fa, Eman ha scritto:

Wait a second. First they stop giving us boosters, books, affection items and equipment from the contests, now they also stop giving them in the Arena, and yet we're supposed to sell 40 things? WTF?!

4 spins of great pachinko x10 and that task is done. Reselling all the ten items you get you get roughly half of the spin cost back (even a little more, if you are in a club with money gain rank higher than 0), so 4 spins come at the cost of ~2. I honestly cannot remember a time in my game history where I couldn't afford this much (even now that I'm in the middle of upgrading my legendary girls stars while in Splatters Archipelago, which is pretty ymens demanding)

Of course it isn't a completely free solution, but it's a pretty simple and affordable one, in my opinion 

• Like 1

What qualifies you to be a whale? Players who are at level 400 +, or players who spend a lot of real money?

To answer MeowMeowJason's inquiry above, I'd say anyone who spends a LOT of money on the game.  The developers could care less about players over level 400.  They only care about one thing................CASH FLOW.  :)

6 hours ago, _shal_ said:

But was it really? Sure, you've gained extra levels over players who were less active in the arena, but as far as I'm concerned the only relevant purpose of those extra levels is improved league performance. The problem here, at least from my vantage point: Most of the players that I'm actually competing against for big league prizes were heavy arena users, too, so none of us gained any real advantages over the others. All we did was gain levels on players who don't particularly matter for the competition anyway.

Yes, it was. XP and ymens is a better reward than nothing. Again, you're right about XP. But again, that has nothing to do with the problem. If you stopped reading after the part you've highlighted, I guess I have to quote myself and highlight it:

13 hours ago, Bomba said:

You're correct, but I'm talking about difference and not the amount of XP. Before the patch, everyone who was doing more than 16 battles were getting additional XP. Now everyone getting that XP in just 16 battles. So now those who will do more then 16 battles will not get anything valuable from it and I think that's not cool. XP was a simple and small reward, but a a pretty valuable one. XP and money wasn't that big, but now the battles after those 16 wins feel very empty and unrewarding. I don't get any sense of pride and accomplishment from them.

It's the change to Arena, where before the patch you were getting a reward for each win and now you gain nothing. The fact that it doesn't upset the game's balance has nothing to do with the fact that this part of the game is now obsolete. At this point it's basically another "Missions" just with a separate timer.

• Like 1

Wow. Complaining about not being able to make a Top 10 in a contest over a 6-day window (4 days leading in to the event and the first 2 days of the event - I'm discounting the last three days because getting after the first couple of days might have been too late to complete the rest of the challenges) didn't get the Top-20 concession advertised.  It got removed entirely and replaced with even more PvP wins.

With Arena being next to pointless that leaves league. If you just promoted Wednesday night / Thursday morning, you may not HAVE that many wins available to you the whole week let alone in a finite window between other tasks!  And with everyone in the same boat, expect EVERYONE to be boosted.

I don't expect to complete this event because I didn't know what was coming and didn't completely change my game to manage around it.  At least I don't have to stress about whether or not to cough up 7200 kobans.

10 hours ago, ZackMacKenzie said:

Good news: You can seem them in advance. Here they are:
image.png.1f200edbfc1da6b64f0acfcf6eac72cc.png

I expect to finish this, although I may be wrong. One thing I do realize is that there may be a need to push early to

Edited by Zteev
Update list with level variable spending
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Zteev said:

Good news: You can seem them in advance. Here they are:
image.png.c5cbaaf3fddc5f0770585eefee36fe48.png

I expect to finish this, although I may be wrong. One thing I do realize is that there may be a need to push early to

The two spend money challenges are level based. It's 5000 * level for the first and 10000 * level for the second.

Just now, MCP said:

The two spend money challenges are level based. It's 5000 * level for the first and 10000 * level for the second.

Thanks. I will update that sheet and re-upload in both spots ( here and the event discussion)

I am already very much not liking the "Path of Attraction". I am not one of the type of players that keeps a large stash of items to sell, and it will likely take me a few days to accumulate FORTY items, and since these tasks are linear, I cannot perform any of the others until after that one, so probably very unlikely that I will even be able to get to item IV.

image.png.ac7a9f7f1fd420e14ef5e690c7996b19.png

14 minutes ago, ali-n said:

I am already very much not liking the "Path of Attraction". I am not one of the type of players that keeps a large stash of items to sell, and it will likely take me a few days to accumulate FORTY items, and since these tasks are linear, I cannot perform any of the others until after that one, so probably very unlikely that I will even be able to get to item IV.

image.png.ac7a9f7f1fd420e14ef5e690c7996b19.png

Spin the great pachinko to buy items in order to sell them back