[ 24-Apr-20 ] Path of Attraction - Discussion

FinderKeeper

Alright, got Bunnys mother... Took me 2 days since I promoted in the league thinking I might get enough Kobans but in the end I just made it hard for myself. Had to do a fuckton of arena battles to beat the 2 PVP requirements lol... Overall, a pretty disappointing event, even though the new way of achieving the goals is interesting, it's very much incomplete and rough, and the price tag is absurd as well. 

Screenshot_1.png

• Like 4

having a version of Bunny's mother already I'm really fighting with myself to go the extra mile for Lupa's mother - on the other hand, half the event girls have always been for kobans only. So why bothering this time...

Somehow the event was refreshing - because it was not "gimme that damn shard" then rather "mee, again arena battle lost"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, windia said:

having a version of Bunny's mother already I'm really fighting with myself to go the extra mile for Lupa's mother - on the other hand, half the event girls have always been for kobans only. So why bothering this time...

Somehow the event was refreshing - because it was not "gimme that damn shard" then rather "mee, again arena battle lost"

Dude I just maxed Bunnys mothers affection... her poses are neat, the art style is a genuine improvement of the old one, and  not an anatomical disaster of the new one, but the scenes man... To avoid spoilers, all I'll say is that they're reeeeeeeeeeeeally pushing you to get Lupas mom, its actually absurd. So blatant as well, fucking lmao dude fuck this event

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Retrix said:

Hi

Alredy finished free section of event and claim all reward. Now, if i buy additional path i just collect another reward or must  run stages from the begining?

just collecting

9 hours ago, Čamuga said:

Alright, got Bunnys mother... Took me 2 days since I promoted in the league thinking I might get enough Kobans but in the end I just made it hard for myself. Had to do a fuckton of arena battles to beat the 2 PVP requirements lol... Overall, a pretty disappointing event, even though the new way of achieving the goals is interesting, it's very much incomplete and rough, and the price tag is absurd as well. 

it took me 2 days but I was lucky with (no kobons spent)

- I had all champions unlocked and ready to fight, and 60 tickets,  before the event
- 86 books of 9 XP (for sell) and 20 books 2500 xp (for give girls), before the event
- 100M yemens for spent, befor the event

and there was no quest to be 1 out of 20 in conquest. because if it is on list you are automatically  1 or 2 days back, depending on the conquest.

each of these steps, if you are not prepared, can take you 1 or 2 days.

18 hours ago, goblin-slayer said:

After finally beating stage five morning wood house, the amount of tickets needed due to lack of resistance.  The wait times and 24hour rest periods, with each ticket encounter counting as 1/30 needed... dont see how anyone can complete Path to attraction without spending.  I am fairly new to the game, but having invested so much  to reach morning wood house stage 5 and the amount of tickets used plus the lame reward I got; came close to killing my enjoyment  and quitting.  I do like the idea of champions, but has way to many wait timers, tickets should also be purchasable with harem cash as a third option.

Doing it without spending is really, really simple. It requires you to have 3 or more champions unlocked. If you have 5 or 6, it's easy, because those champions take a lot of tickets to beat to get to the 24 hour cooldown timer. I am working on Alban, the 6th champion, and he's at 20 million health for this stage, which is 5-1 (5th run, 1st stage of it). Finishing 4-5 is what I was mostly doing for the Path;  I did do a couple easy early champions for a few tickets to advance a stage. That 4-5 run took over 30 tickets alone.

Unfortunately, you are new, and you will be better prepared the next time this thing rolls around, with more champions unlocked.

Event is almost done, as I expected. Just working on finishing up the arena & league wins for the final stage.

Unsure if I will spend the 7200 Kobans, but I'm leaning towards it. I'm completely free to play, and the girl looks good. The orbs and 10 tickets will be very welcome, as will the combativity, since I have many boss girls to work on with the increased tiers. The energy will likely be simply 1/3 of a ticket, and the money is irrelevant.

15 minutes ago, Zteev said:

Doing it without spending is really, really simple. It requires you to have 3 or more champions unlocked. If you have 5 or 6, it's easy, because those champions take a lot of tickets to beat to get to the 24 hour cooldown timer. I am working on Alban, the 6th champion, and he's at 20 million health for this stage, which is 5-1 (5th run, 1st stage of it). Finishing 4-5 is what I was mostly doing for the Path;  I did do a couple easy early champions for a few tickets to advance a stage. That 4-5 run took over 30 tickets alone.

Unfortunately, you are new, and you will be better prepared the next time this thing rolls around, with more champions unlocked.

i have 6 champs unlocked but i don't get tickets. i did 80 figts vs karole yesterday and i got 5 tickets from her :(

• Sad 1

Screenshot_20200425-162017_1587802878054.thumb.jpg.bc7dde99c155d3355b0fe9aff763cd43.jpgScreenshot_20200426-160631_1587889046103.thumb.jpg.907f0db829dd744cc33399d2686e89e8.jpg

With the support of epic boosters, platinum card to finish champion immediately.And the combativity stored for mission.It is done.

And then I used up all event combativty reward and paid  2 combativity refill to fight Jackson for contest.It is too close that I am scared to death. 

Is it worth paying 7200 kobens every month?

Thinking about all the revival event will be squeezed into one orgy day event.And some girls you want die hard but hate to pay mythic*6 4 times.Paying 7200 kobens may be the different way to take more try on event and Mythic.

But if you don't like the garenteed girl then skip it.

Metal Noemy

Summer Geekette

Travel Gwenaelle

Justine

Those 4 girls are the only 5 star rare/epic girls in the event.If they aren't troll girls in orgy event this year.Collecting them from pachinko may be the only choice.

Edited by yoyowhan
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Zamio said:

Now I find it refreshing, it's actually more interesting to try to find ways to overcome this roadblock. And it's a change from mindless troll fights.

I looked at this event the same way.  Although the event felt "cold" in terms of no daily storyline missions (I actually do enjoy reading those!), it was a challenge for me to see if/how I could achieve the objectives, in order, under time constraints.  It was also interesting to read what other players' areas of concerns were as most were different from mine.

My hoarding of cheap grey books & a few miscellaneous equipment items ("Will I want this if I switch specialties?  Dunno, better keep it.") paid off.  And this time I was mildly excited when a Champion win or daily mission gave me junk ("Sex Maniac's Cool Rat?  Sweet!") because now those had a greater purpose beyond chump-change cash.  At least 10/40 items I sold were completely useless equipment while the rest were those books that I felt would never make a difference ("How many times will I really want to grant a girl +4 XP?").  Granted, I was WAY more excited if an orb popped but far less disappointed/PO'd if they didn't.

I progress through Champions so slowly that I try to keep 20-30 tickets on hand at minimum, in case I'm hurting for cash and want to make a run through a Champion stage or two.  This time, I had ~50 tickets... and promptly cleared a stage each towards Murane (20 tickets) and Lissa (10 tickets).  I'm not min-maxing on tickets- I know that optimal strategy is to get down to 7, then get 3 free refills- but I was under no pressure here so in that sense, hoarding again worked for me.  I have 5/6 stages unlocked & try not to have more than 2 on cooldown per day.

I avoided impulse buying in the Market until I needed to spend money for the Path.  When I got to that step, I took the opportunity to burn my money on long-neglected stat upgrades, which in turn helped me to win more battles more quickly.

Having slipped into a higher league made the PVP wins my biggest challenge.  I'd already beaten the few league opponents I could, so I had to rely on Arena battle wins.  Here's where I incurred my only unintended cost- using hoarded boosters to ensure that I'd win 3/3 Arena battles most of the time.  (Those things are like crack!)  And I even eked out a handful of League wins (so, yeah, I can stay in a League that's "out of my league" for at least another week... but that's a future-me problem!).

Finally, while working on the very first stage, I took a long look at all the challenges & rewards, and asked a few questions here on the forums.  (Thanks again to those of you who responded to help!)  I noticed that several of the rewards would either help accomplish a task (+30/+60 Combativity), or would offset/compensate for spending Ymens.  Like many other games, sure, these could be considered "rewards to be kept" OR they could be considered "temporary things that will help me progress to the endgame."  I didn't mind spending money because I got whatever I paid for, PLUS later I got most of that money back.  I didn't care about Combativity for boss battles for other girls- I saved claiming those until I needed to do 60 boss battles for the Path, so net-zero.

I wanted Lupa's Mother more than Jealous Bunny's mother.  If Lupa's Mom would've been the primary Path girl, I might've chosen differently.  So between that, the fact that the dual-achievement of Combativity alone paying for itself immediately (and netting me an unexpected Contest win, too!), and the decision that I COULD beat this so I was "in it to win it," I choked-up the 7200 kobans (half my bank!) & went for broke from the start.  Yes, I think the price was pretty steep.  But as others have said, I also knew EXACTLY which girl I'd get for that investment.  I might cry in my beer during the next event if there are "better girls" that I could've used those Kobans on.  Then again, if those "better girls" are in the Pachinko, I'd have a 1:62+ chance of getting one of them for 3/4 of the price.  I'm convincing/deluding myself that I paid 3600 Kobans each for 2 event girls, imagining that I hit 50% on EP at 1800 Kobans/spin, and patting myself on the back for a job well done.  Oh, wait- that Contest win netted 300 Kobans that I otherwise wouldn't have earned, so I guess I technically only paid 6900 Kobans....

TLDR;

The event was challenging, a bit stressful, and ultimately rewarding for me.  I enjoyed the change of pace but wouldn't want to see this event style more than once/month at most.  3-4 times/year would be fine, and that's about the rate I'd possibly be willing/able to pay for.  I think it should run parallel to "normal" events rather than replacing any of them- that would give players more options and possibly increase Kinkoid revenue if people REALLY wanted to do BOTH styles.  Glad the Contest challenge was modified, more glad that it wasn't implemented this event, but figuring it will show up later when RNG deems it worthy.

And Kinkoid- you really shouldn't change rewards once an event has begun, especially when some players have already collected on that (ahem- *avatars*) and others suddenly cannot obtain them without having to pay for them.  Surely this was a mistake at event launch, but the precedent has now been set- what if a similar mistake happened with an event girl?!?

• Like 8

Just now, hillrock said:

Why does the pass reward for lupa's mother say (1200/7200 kobans). In the game it says 7200 kobans what is the 1200 for?

1200 kobans for Nutaku, 7200 for Hentai Heroes.  Koban costs & rewards are 1/6 on Nutaku vs. HH for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, Magic1986 said:

i have 6 champs unlocked but i don't get tickets. i did 80 figts vs karole yesterday and i got 5 tickets from her :(

That sucks. I'm guessing you've had to use tickets as soon as you get them before this event. I guess I've been lucky being Charm, hence working on Alban, who is ridiculously hard, so I've had to save tickets up before starting a stage against him. 

I didn't think of ticket acquisition as that hard, since between contests & fights I get a decent number per day; but then again I end up saving them, since it takes so many tickets to beat him. I'm down to 11 right now., after finishing that first stage on the new level.

4 hours ago, yoyowhan said:

Screenshot_20200425-162017_1587802878054.thumb.jpg.bc7dde99c155d3355b0fe9aff763cd43.jpgScreenshot_20200426-160631_1587889046103.thumb.jpg.907f0db829dd744cc33399d2686e89e8.jpg

And then I used up all event combativty reward and paid  2 combativity refill to fight Jackson for contest.It is too close that I am scared to death. 

I am very confused as to why you did that..... You paid for two refills just to win this contest. i.e, spending 430 kobans just to get 300 kobans (net deficit of 130 kobans). whereas without replenishing you were safely in 02nd place and winning 120 kobans. 

Assuming you are in a timezone where you are sleeping at reset time, still finishing outside top 4 would not result in a deficit of 130 kobans. Or was it tickets you were after....I am not sure 1 ticket more and 1 combativity is worth the price you paid for....

Edited by Zamio
2nd place instead of 3rd

3 hours ago, Hastur said:

The event was challenging, a bit stressful, and ultimately rewarding for me.  I enjoyed the change of pace but wouldn't want to see this event style more than once/month at most.  3-4 times/year would be fine, and that's about the rate I'd possibly be willing/able to pay for.  I think it should run parallel to "normal" events rather than replacing any of them- that would give players more options and possibly increase Kinkoid revenue if people REALLY wanted to do BOTH styles.  Glad the Contest challenge was modified, more glad that it wasn't implemented this event, but figuring it will show up later when RNG deems it worthy.

And Kinkoid- you really shouldn't change rewards once an event has begun, especially when some players have already collected on that (ahem- *avatars*) and others suddenly cannot obtain them without having to pay for them.  Surely this was a mistake at event launch, but the precedent has now been set- what if a similar mistake happened with an event girl?!?

I'm quoting your "shorter" version, for space reasons :D 

Luckily, I wasn't "locked" in any specific task, which was great :) 

I do have my "routines" and plans and this "event" did change that but I think that is the main thing with this one. Adapt and focus into a particular task to be able to advance, which is fine, it's part of the goals, in order to get the girl. IIRC, Lupa's Mother is now the best 3-star legendary anywhere (5,5 is a new high, again IIRC), which goes a bit into why she is... well, unique (at least for now). It's neat that there's now the "Bunny" and "Lupa" clans (of sorts) 👌

Over here, the "event" was taskful, "short" and (a bit) underwhelming. I'm not against it, in any specific way. I just think it's... underachieving. It's doable (but far from guaranteed) in 2/3 days, which means no (event) options or goals for (around) half the "event". IMO, as I've already mentioned and agree with you, this is more like a "side-quest" that can run along any other event. For me, it's negative to have a 5 day event to go for 7 girls and then another 5 day "event" to get 1 girl (plus eventual extra). Also, there's the danger that one or both the girls in the "event" aren't attractive/wanted, with no further options (which is not the case here but for argument's sake, imagine one of them was (for example) Holiday or alike).

I'm not really looking to complain about/against it but more like presenting some sort of (positive/building) "criticism" towards tweaking it and making it better.

For example, having multiple paths with different girls? Unlocking something more when you do complete the path itself? Etc, etc.

Just to be (extra) clear, I enjoyed the new gameplay, I just think it can be in either another "format" or it has room for further improvement (which is fine, since (for me) it was/felt like sort of some beta testing for more and better later). I'm also happy to announce that the whole thing was entirely bug-free (there was that change on one of the tasks but that's something different), which is also worth noting :)

• Like 3

Event Completed; both girls secured (yes, i paid the 7200 kobans).

Personally i enjoyed the event though two of the tasks - sell 40 items (entirely my fault: we had plenty of advanced notification that one was coming so i should've stockpiled items & yhems for Great Pachinko X10 spins); & the 30 Champions performances - took me longer than i had anticipated.

Re: the pricing argument: 7200 felt high (I'm still feeling slightly violated!) &, while it's, IMO, entirely fair to say the price is, once one factors in all of the rewards one gets in addition to the second girl, defensible I think it's worth pointing out that a price can be both defensible and high (it's not a dichotomy). I'd be interested to find out how many other players decided to, like me, pay the 7200 kobans as if the number is very low then, from a commercial perspective (Kinkoid is a business, not a charity, & these events will have associated production costs), it will have been a bad decision on their part but, if not, then there will not be strong a case* for revising the second pathway's costs &/or the rewards.

*there's no point banging on about 'fairness' -- that's not going to cut any ice.

Edited by Bruce Buttfucker
typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zamio said:

I am very confused as to why you did that..... You paid for two refills just to win this contest. i.e, spending 430 kobans just to get 300 kobans (net deficit of 130 kobans). whereas without replenishing you were safely in 02nd place and winning 120 kobans. 

Assuming you are in a timezone where you are sleeping at reset time, still finishing outside top 4 would not result in a deficit of 130 kobans. Or was it tickets you were after....I am not sure 1 ticket more and 1 combativity is worth the price you paid for....

Refill 2 combativity: I refill when my combativty is 18/20.So it cost me only 22 kobens.

Also my reset time is 11am in my timezone so both me and him are trying to snipe each other.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yoyowhan said:

Refill 2 combativity: I refill when my combativty is 18/20.So it cost me only 22 kobens.

Also my reset time is 11am in my timezone so both me and him are trying to snipe each other.

ah ok. my bad misunderstood. thought you refilled two times, i.e 2x20

9 minutes ago, AcumenNation said:

Getting seriously screwed over on the 30 champion performances here. I haven't received a single ticket in 2 days beyond the 3 free per day. This is some bull****

Well i've also been using my energy to buy some but it feels like as soon as  i hit that tier it stopped paying them out