[ 24-Apr-20 ] Path of Attraction - Discussion

FinderKeeper

8 minutes ago, Magic1986 said:

either you can't play the mythic pachinkox3 by paying with orbs or i am not able to figure out how to play it with orbs

Are there any girls in Mythic Pachinko for you to get this time?

hace 25 minutos, Lonk dijo:

But with this champion thing I am actually punished for playing the game: if I had lower stats I wouldn't have any problem.

Can't agree with this. You're actually punished for NOT playing this game's feature. After the first couple of months or so since its implementation, I've been fighting against champions maybe a couple of days per month (just to gain a stage, not the 5 of them). So is a very secondary feature for me, but I'm not neglecting it and I have all the champions open and got 4 of 6 girls. Last week I had about 150 tickets available and decided to give it another try for the other 2 so I've enterd this event with 86 tickets or so and 5 champions available (the other one was resting). I'm sorry about your situation for this event but that's not on Kinkoid at all

Edited by pozi
typo
  • Thanks 1

Ok, then I don't know what's wrong. Either its a bug or you forgot to claim the orbs. I haven't gotten that far in PoA, and my MP pool is empty, so I can't verify either way.

Or are you asking why you can't use your 3 single orbs for the three game option? If so, that's because there are different orb types for the different options.

• Thanks 1

il y a 1 minute, pozi a dit :

Can't agree with this. You're actually punished for NOT playing this game's feature. After the first copule of months or so since its implementation, I've been fighting against champions maybe a couple of days per month (just to gain a stage, not the 5 of them). So is a very secondary feature for me, but I'm not neglecting it and I have all the champions open and got 4 of 6 girls. Last week I had about 150 tickets available and decided to give it another try for the other 2 so I've enterd this event with 86 tickets or so and 5 champions available (the other one was resting). I'm sorry about your situation for this event but that's not on Kinkoid at all

And why did you choose to fight those champions? You didn't, you simply followed the flashing lights and clicked on stuff. That's not the way I play this game: when a feature tells me it will took less resources if I use it later (like the champions that would take less tickets if you fight them later) I don't spend everything on it right at the beginning, I wait for it to to as close to optimal as possible.

The problem is that here there are two hidden rules that are actually quite important:
 - There is a cooldown after beating a champion
 - An event will come that require you to try 30 times to beat a champion, and loosing counts as much as winning

None of these rules can be reasonably guessed.
Frankly, is there was en event that required you e.g. to loose against a troll, wouldn't you be pissed?

• Thinking 2

7 minutes ago, MCP said:

Ok, then I don't know what's wrong. Either its a bug or you forgot to claim the orbs. I haven't gotten that far in PoA, and my MP pool is empty, so I can't verify either way.

Or are you asking why you can't use your 3 single orbs for the three game option? If so, that's because there are different orb types for the different options.

oh, i thought i could use those 3 single orbs for the 3 orb option as well. ok thats the problem then

Edited by Magic1986

hace 9 minutos, Lonk dijo:

And why did you choose to fight those champions? You didn't, you simply followed the flashing lights and clicked on stuff. That's not the way I play this game: when a feature tells me it will took less resources if I use it later (like the champions that would take less tickets if you fight them later) I don't spend everything on it right at the beginning, I wait for it to to as close to optimal as possible.

The problem is that here there are two hidden rules that are actually quite important:
 - There is a cooldown after beating a champion
 - An event will come that require you to try 30 times to beat a champion, and loosing counts as much as winning

None of these rules can be reasonably guessed.
Frankly, is there was en event that required you e.g. to loose against a troll, wouldn't you be pissed?

The 24h cooldown is there from the beginning of the Champions so it's not a hidden rule. You just don't know it because you never tried nor read that announcement, it seems. You're right on your second point and that's the only thing we can fairly complaint about

• Thanks 2

The idea of the event is interesting but there are a lot of nuances. How to give girls experience if they are lvl uped to the maximum? How to get 30 tickets in 5 days if you are an active player and spent all tickets at once? How to win 60 pvp battles if you are in a too high league and wait to go down? You say - play arenas, but no. For too long, difficult, and also removed the prizes for the victory. How to sell 40 things if a player spends all gifts and books on pumping girls?
In general, there are a lot of questions, but everything could be resolved, just by warning in advance (at the beginning of the month, I think the event was not invented a couple of weeks ago) or give hint "do not rush to spend resources"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

il y a 16 minutes, Lonk a dit :

This is not a good strategy as like that you will miss 3 free tickets per day.

Moreover, you could use the Ymen you earned to upgrade your harem, and thus requiring even less tickets to win against the champion.

il y a 1 minute, pozi a dit :

The 24h cooldown is there from the beginning of the Champions so it's not a hidden rule. You just don't know it because you never tried nor read that announcement, it seems. You're right on your second point and that's the only thing we can fairly complaint about

I tried at the time, but as I was weaker it probably would have taken me many tickets to pass the 1st champion so I decided to postpone it. The game never gave me any clue about when was the time when I was finally strong enough to attempt it again, so I don't think it was a stupid decision from myself.

The way announcements work you can't expect people to read all those they missed, so that's not a valid point either.

• Thinking 1

il y a 1 minute, test_anon a dit :

This is not a good strategy as like that you will miss 3 free tickets per day.

Moreover, you could use the Ymen you earned to upgrade your harem, and thus requiring even less tickets to win against the champion.

There is no way inside the game to know about those 3 daily free tickets. Also higher level means higher level dropped stuff and thus more Ymen so your point is not obvious at all.

hace 41 minutos, Lonk dijo:

I tried at the time, but as I was weaker it probably would have taken me many tickets to pass the 1st champion so I decided to postpone it. The game never gave me any clue about when was the time when I was finally strong enough to attempt it again, so I don't think it was a stupid decision from myself.

The way announcements work you can't expect people to read all those they missed, so that's not a valid point either.

You can keep complaining but the thing is that, almost a year after its implementation, you just didn't know how Champions actually work. Your strategy could be reasonable but I'm not sure what were you waiting for to start playing more or less seriously against them. Or you just wanted to farm all champions in one go?

I understand this is frustrating, as it is for the guys that have just promoted to a league where they cannot win more than a few PvP fights. Had we know this event's mechanics I'm sure many people would've changed their strategy on the previous weeks.

Edited by pozi
typo
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lonk said:

There is no way inside the game to know about those 3 daily free tickets. Also higher level means higher level dropped stuff and thus more Ymen so your point is not obvious at all.

Well it has never been a good idea to ignore a feature completely. Especialy in Free to Play or Pay to Win games. You always need everything in this kind of games sooner or later.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Lonk said:

Theres the reception  desk, its the 7th tab at the bottom left, it literally spells out the rules for ya... and also what @Magic1986 just said

• Like 2

il y a 27 minutes, pozi a dit :

You can keep complaining but the thing is that, almost a year after its implementation, you just didn't know how Champions actually work. Your strategy could be reasonable but I'm not sure what were you waiting for to start playing more or less seriously against them. Or you just wanted to farm all champions in one go?

I understand this is frustrating, as it is for the guys that have just promoted to a league where they cannot win more than a few PvP fights. Had we know this event's mechanics I'm sure many people would've changed their strategy on the previous weeks.

I precisely intended to farm them all in one go. I though maybe it would have helped me at some point to get legendary items when I needed them (actually you can farm them but that's not obvious considering the in-game instructions)

il y a 1 minute, Čamuga a dit :

Theres the reception  desk, its the 7th tab at the bottom left, it literally spells out the rules for ya... and also what @Magic1986 just said

It doesn't. I just re-read them half an hour ago to be sure, and also once more after your comment. This information is not here.

Just now, Lonk said:

I precisely intended to farm them all in one go. I though maybe it would have helped me at some point to get legendary items when I needed them (actually you can farm them but that's not obvious considering the in-game instructions)

This feature is out for roughly 9 months now. If you were at 10 tickets or more beginning from the first week and never used any of them you just missed ~820 free tickets. Thats massive.

• Like 1

il y a 4 minutes, Magic1986 a dit :

This feature is out for roughly 9 months now. If you were at 10 tickets or more beginning from the first week and never used any of them you just missed ~820 free tickets. Thats massive.

I think I could also be pissed about that, indeed, but for whatever psychological reason it doesn't bother me that much. The fact the event is locked to me because of that does though.

Edited by Lonk

1 minute ago, Lonk said:

I think I could also be pissed about that, indeed, but for whatever psychological reason it doesn't bother me that much. The fact the even is locked to me because of that does.

that sucks indeed, but again there was no reason to wait, since oyu can beat them as often as you like and get items everytime. the only thing you get once is the stuff from the last fight of each champion, after that you get items from them aswell.

à l’instant, Magic1986 a dit :

that sucks indeed, but again there was no reason to wait, since oyu can beat them as often as you like and get items everytime. the only thing you get once is the stuff from the last fight of each champion, after that you get items from them aswell.

Again, not something one can guess.

13 minutes ago, Lonk said:

Did you also plan to do this while spending millions of kobans to bypass all the waiting times? It costs 6 kobans per 15 minutes you skip in between battles, and something like 400 kobans or so per 24 hours you skip in between stages... And each champion can require up to 8 cycles of 5 stages (so up to 40 times 24 hours + 6 kobans times however many fights you need to beat him at each stage). It's a LONG TERM feature. Gathering enough tickets and getting strong enough stats and girls are only a very small part of why it takes MONTHS to "farm them".

You were poorly informed and misguided to assume you were having a strategy while you were actually just giving yourself an incremental handicap over time, sorry to say. It sucks to only find out now, but better late than never. Also consider that if you had told any knowledgeable player about your plans regarding champions at any point, including many months ago when you started doing it, you would almost certainly have gotten the same advice as you received here today. Ask any veteran player in your club or just ask the pros in the Q&A forum whenever in doubt (or just to double-check before taking a drastic decision), and you'll avoid further disappointment.

Good luck, have fun.

Edit: Also, this is a forum, not a chat room. The "Edit" button is your friend, it will help you to avoid making multiple one-liner posts all the time. Cheers.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1