[ 24-Apr-20 ] Path of Attraction - Discussion

FinderKeeper

So i just finished the event, while the general idea of it is interesting and have potential, the way it is currently implemented simply sucks. Just focusing on the free rewards path, is it doable? yes it is, actually it doesnt even require much effort. is it worth? in my opinion, not really.
Now, if they had implemented this has a monthly lenght event, with the same goals or even adding more stages (minus the whole 7200, not saying it should also be free, but something around 3 to 5K), where players could do the tasks at their own pace throughout the month, it could really be a fun bunch of side tasks to do, during and between the other events.
One thing i really dont get it, its the decision in choosing the girls for the last reward. Its the first time this event is on, and the decision was to put the new and unique girl behind an almost pay wall (unless you stockpile like crazy the kobans you earn) and the "free" one to be a variation of a girl who already has a couple of variants? Again this is just me, but i would have gone with the new girl as the standard reward, while the premium one a variant of the standard one but with 5 stars instead of 3. Or leaving the new girl as premium, but at least making the standard reward a variant of some girl who has none (seriously Xmas Bunny's Mother is even the same rarity and number of stars as Jealous Bunny's Mother).
Assuming they wont make any changes to future events of this kind, the only positive thing i can really see, is that now at the end of each month im going to have some free time to focus only in getting the new girls they added to the villains, because im going to skip every single future Path of Attraction events, if they all are like this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/25/2020 at 9:07 AM, kkinthehouse said:

I finished the Path of Attraction  so the event is end for me ._. 

so I feel that the event needs a secondary route, maybe a girl that is from the epic pachinko or past events, 
but it would not be a bad route that would reward you with an x10 orb of the epic pachinko but obviously that route should be more complicated or challenging :00 

Number 2 will be the next version of the event but the problem with making this type of event longer as they do in other hentai games is that you have to do it in the order it is listed if you could do it in any order then it would be no problem making it longer it really is a shit event design just by the fact you cannot do them in any order listed.

4 hours ago, AcumenNation said:

Well i've also been using my energy to buy some but it feels like as soon as  i hit that tier it stopped paying them out 

I feel your pain. I sacrificed my small stash of kobans to obtain ten tickets, but have received but one ticket, in the adventure fights after 15 hours of play. 

3 hours ago, natstar said:

Number 2 will be the next version of the event but the problem with making this type of event longer as they do in other hentai games is that you have to do it in the order it is listed if you could do it in any order then it would be no problem making it longer it really is a shit event design just by the fact you cannot do them in any order listed.

It doesn't matter. I gave it a shot, and the event cost me the kobans I had managed to save, my regular placement in the Tower of Fame standings, and the worst standing in the past six months on the Daily contests. On top of that, I don't get even one girl for the in-game abuse. Maybe it's a good thing for players above level 300. I'll try it again when I reach that level and see if that's the case.

Edited by Pelinor

(Disclaimer: I won't finish this event in any way possible: level 321, 143 girls. Also I haven't read the whole tread so I might well repeat other who have posted, sorry.)

I can't say I like this new event as it is. The stages are pretty steep in their demands, considering the time restraints that 6 out of the 10 stages come with. Unless you can get into the game literally 24/7 throughout the entire event this is already ridiculous - that you require wins for everything pvp related makes this matter only worse.

30 champion encounters may seem okay, if it wasn't for the DAY long waiting time after you've finished a stage, which is also what cost me the majority of event time, lest you pay up for skipping. (And I'm not even considering the limited availability of tickets here, on top.)

Spending money and selling items is okay for people who have stockpiles, with them being removed from arena rewards it will definitely become less attainable overall, especially when you're not high advanced enough in the story to grab them from villains. (Which won't let you earn money for those stages, although at that point this might have not that much of an impact.)

Who had you in mind when you designed this event? "No-lifers" (apologies to those forced into this state due to corona quarantine,  no offense meant) that have nothing better to do all day long? It's pricey if you can't access the game 24/7 and have to skip all that waiting time for champions and pvp refills. Asking for an *additional* 7.2k kobans to unlock the 2nd reward chain (read, =girl) will certainly throw off people too. Those kobans are more effectively spent elsewhere to grab a girl. And while I *do* realize that there's plenty of additional stuff you get when you unlock that path we all know that the only thing people bother with will be the girl at the end. (If you ask me the combativity, orbs etc you earn don't add enough value, especially since without buying any kobans the buy-in is ridiculously high.)

The time related stages should be cut down by 1/3rd or to half of what they currently are for a 5d event, OR we could be allowed to work on multiple goals at the same time, sort of like the upgrade system for haremettes works and gather [items] towards a maXimum goal which unlocks the goodies along the way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AnuzDestroyah said:

Again this is just me, but i would have gone with the new girl as the standard reward, while the premium one a variant of the standard one but with 5 stars instead of 3

if they did a 5 star girl as a premium then most people would stop playing. This would mean that the game is pay to win, because PVP is based on the best girls and you have to be able to get the all 5 stars girls without using kobons.

Edited by fap.titans.gra

2 minutes ago, PoulVantera said:

if it wasn't for the DAY long waiting time after you've finished a stage

This is only for a victory though, and at your level you should have had several champions in roughly equal power to you. If you get defeated the wait is only 15 minutes. How far along have you progressed your champions?

6 hours ago, AnuzDestroyah said:

One thing i really dont get it, its the decision in choosing the girls for the last reward. Its the first time this event is on, and the decision was to put the new and unique girl behind an almost pay wall (unless you stockpile like crazy the kobans you earn) and the "free" one to be a variation of a girl who already has a couple of variants? Again this is just me, but i would have gone with the new girl as the standard reward, while the premium one a variant of the standard one but with 5 stars instead of 3. Or leaving the new girl as premium, but at least making the standard reward a variant of some girl who has none (seriously Xmas Bunny's Mother is even the same rarity and number of stars as Jealous Bunny's Mother).

Strangely I disagree with you because this method actually seems kinder to players. They chose to go with a very popular girl as the free route, as that is the one that they KNOW people want to get. They then chose a new girl who, while being requested a reasonable amount that I'm aware of, had unknown popularity and put her behind the paywall. The one they thought most people would want was available for free.

2 minutes ago, fap.titans.gra said:

if they did a 5 star girl as a premium then most people would stop playing. This would mean that the game is pay to win, because PVP is based on the best girls and you have to be able to get the all 5 stars girls without using kobons.

A) While you CAN get girls from Legendary Days without spending kobans, you aren't likely to do so
B) Doesn't have to be legendary. An epic or rare 5 star girl would still have been cool.
C) There have been 5 star girls only available in the pachinko before, before it was even possible to have a team of three 5 star legendaries. You seem to still be here as are many others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, PoulVantera said:

(Disclaimer: I won't finish this event in any way possible: level 321, 143 girls. Also I haven't read the whole tread so I might well repeat other who have posted, sorry.)

I can't say I like this new event as it is. The stages are pretty steep in their demands, considering the time restraints that 6 out of the 10 stages come with. Unless you can get into the game literally 24/7 throughout the entire event this is already ridiculous - that you require wins for everything pvp related makes this matter only worse.

30 champion encounters may seem okay, if it wasn't for the DAY long waiting time after you've finished a stage, which is also what cost me the majority of event time, lest you pay up for skipping. (And I'm not even considering the limited availability of tickets here, on top.)

Spending money and selling items is okay for people who have stockpiles, with them being removed from arena rewards it will definitely become less attainable overall, especially when you're not high advanced enough in the story to grab them from villains. (Which won't let you earn money for those stages, although at that point this might have not that much of an impact.)

Who had you in mind when you designed this event? "No-lifers" (apologies to those forced into this state due to corona quarantine,  no offense meant) that have nothing better to do all day long? It's pricey if you can't access the game 24/7 and have to skip all that waiting time for champions and pvp refills. Asking for an *additional* 7.2k kobans to unlock the 2nd reward chain (read, =girl) will certainly throw off people too. Those kobans are more effectively spent elsewhere to grab a girl. And while I *do* realize that there's plenty of additional stuff you get when you unlock that path we all know that the only thing people bother with will be the girl at the end. (If you ask me the combativity, orbs etc you earn don't add enough value, especially since without buying any kobans the buy-in is ridiculously high.)

The time related stages should be cut down by 1/3rd or to half of what they currently are for a 5d event, OR we could be allowed to work on multiple goals at the same time, sort of like the upgrade system for haremettes works and gather [items] towards a maXimum goal which unlocks the goodies along the way.

The game required resource management since it started. Let me ask you this: Aren't you saving up your kobans from daily missions for events? Why wouldn't you then save up at least some money and tickets beforehand? The event was on the ptr for at least a week before it came to live. You could have saved up at least 15 tickets for that period.

We have a total of 6  champions, even if you finish a round with 2-3 of them i don't believe you are able to beat Visor and Alban with simply 2-3 tries. That leaves you enough champions to try your luck on 30 times. The refresh cost is 6per try, that makes it 120per 20 tries, which is less than a dayly missions kobans reward.

Ofcourse the girl will be the last reward, Who would bother completing the next tasks if it werent so? Moreover it's the same with regular boss girls you receive countless books  gifts, cash and so on from them before you get their girl.

Money spending part is the easyest thing achievable, you can just spin the great pachinko resell the items and spin it again. The money you get from fighting the champs are quite enough. And you get 10 champion tickets for completing one of the missions which means you only need to have 20 saved up.

I do agree that the event is not pleasant as it turns the game into a chore though, i hope those type of events will be rare if they ever come back, but a lot of things you are complaining are part of the core game meachanics-resource management. And if you don't like hoarding resources you should stop playing the game. Simply look at weekly affection, money spent and girl leveling contests...

Edited by Cantrix

Just wanted to point out that the combativity rewards secured me a 2nd contest win with no refills and around around 15 shards of the JC tier2  - without them I wouldnt even have placed top 4. 

If they would let end the event on the last day of the month you could bring your combativity rewards with almost no loss to the next classic event - in case there were no combativity contests during the event. That would even increase the value of the 2nd path.

14 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

This is only for a victory though, and at your level you should have had several champions in roughly equal power to you. If you get defeated the wait is only 15 minutes. How far along have you progressed your champions?

Romero and Whaty are pushovers (both dropped their respective girl on the first run and were subsequently ignored) and Matsuda is still weak enough to beat his stages conveniently (just finished 2.3 earlier so halfway through to my 3rd clearing). The only one troubling me is Ryu but even for him I'm earning 400k+ per ticket currently (on stage 0.5 so haven't cleared him yet).

Romero and Whaty are pushovers (both dropped their respective girl on the first run and were subsequently ignored) and Matsuda is still weak enough to beat his stages conveniently (just finished 2.3 earlier so halfway through to my 3rd clearing). The only one troubling me is Ryu but even for him I'm earning 400k+ per ticket currently (on stage 0.5 so haven't cleared him yet).

Some people have all the luck. Minimum for me has been four "runs". Matsuda took seven, and I just completed my seventh run on Ryu, still no girl.

Yeah, I think you're doing it WAY too little for someone with over 2 years of playtime. You should have had them to a much higher point than that. Your out of proportion strength compared to them is why it's been hard for you to spend 30 of them.

I could not find the answer, this thread is too long but I've completed all ten challenges.  I got 'Jealous Bunny's Mother' but I did not get 'Lupa's Mother.'  What do I need to do?  Is there another challenge?

Edited by JJT

12 minutes ago, JJT said:

I could not find the answer, this thread is too long but I've completed all ten challenges. I got 'Jealous Bunny's Mother' but I did not get 'Lupa's Mother.' What do I need to do? Is there another challenge?

You have to pay 7200 kobans to unlock the 2nd tier of rewards. This was stated in the first post (which was copied from the event announcement) and the patch notes describing the event. There are no extra tasks, it's just a 2nd set of rewards for the same tasks you've already done.

17 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

You have to pay 7200 kobans to unlock the 2nd tier of rewards. This was stated in the first post (which was copied from the event announcement) and the patch notes describing the event. There are no extra tasks, it's just a 2nd set of rewards for the same tasks you've already done.

eww, I guess I read it wrong.  Thanks.

The event wasn't too bad. The rewards are cool.

BUT

- I've seen this mechanic in too many garbage games.

- There should be a way to get the second girl without spending kobans and just unlocking the rewards without a 2nd set of tasks seems lazy to me.

- What is the message behind putting well drawn girls here and leaving the main events and Epic Pachinko with botched girls as of late?

- Give me back my arena rewards.

Edited by linkdream
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Cantrix said:

The event was on the ptr for at least a week before it came to live. You could have saved up at least 15 tickets for that period.

To be fair, one of the recurring complaints is precisely that the 30 ticket requirement was a last minute surprise when the event came live. It wasn't in the test server version, nor the patch notes, nor the last announcement before they released the event on the live server (on the contrary, people were saving up an unclaimed contest because that's what we expected instead, and the 30 ticket thing came out of the blue to replace that).

25 minutes ago, linkdream said:

- What is the message behind putting well drawn girls here and leaving the main events and Epic Pachinko with botched girls as of late?

To be fair, overall art quality went way up over the past couple of months. We haven't seen a disaster like the Circus event, Holiday, Selene or Natasha in quite a while now. Not everything is stellar, and there are still consistency and continuity issues, but they've improved a lot. The PoA girls are well drawn, but not better than Valentina, Val Cupid, or a number of recent pachinko-only girls, 4th and 5th star upgrades to classic troll girls and some of the new girls for tiers 2 and 3.

Edited by DvDivXXX
To be fair!

14 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

To be fair, one of the recurring complaints is precisely that the 30 ticket requirement was a last minute surprise when the event came live. It wasn't in the test server version, nor the patch notes, nor the last announcement before they released the event on the live server (on the contrary, people were saving up an unclaimed contest because that's what we expected instead, and the 30 ticket thing came out of the blue to replace that).

It didn't replace the contest mission, challenging the champions was a task in the previous iteration. It was just a double change that made people complain. The first change was doubling the requirement from 15 to 30. The second change was that on the test server, you got rewarded tickets before this task, instead of after doing it, so you needed even more tickets.

• Thanks 2

This event is not well balanced. It punishes long time players that created a routine and punishes new players that don't have the ressources to complete it and will get stuck like me on the 30 champion fights. When the event started, I didn't play champions yet as it was just unlocked for the first time and I got 5 tickets.

Or I am missing something crucial?

Edited by Neolore

4 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Strangely I disagree with you because this method actually seems kinder to players. They chose to go with a very popular girl as the free route, as that is the one that they KNOW people want to get. They then chose a new girl who, while being requested a reasonable amount that I'm aware of, had unknown popularity and put her behind the paywall. The one they thought most people would want was available for free.

A) While you CAN get girls from Legendary Days without spending kobans, you aren't likely to do so
B) Doesn't have to be legendary. An epic or rare 5 star girl would still have been cool.
C) There have been 5 star girls only available in the pachinko before, before it was even possible to have a team of three 5 star legendaries. You seem to still be here as are many others. 

what 5 star legendary was in pachinko,  befor legendarys days?

1 minute ago, fap.titans.gra said:

what 5 star legendary was in pachinko, befor legendarys days?

Your original statement didn't say legendary. And this was when only 1 5 star legendary existed for each class, so there were 2 5 star epic girls (which were thus the 2nd best girls for their class) in the pachinko during July and August.

27 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Your original statement didn't say legendary. And this was when only 1 5 star legendary existed for each class, so there were 2 5 star epic girls (which were thus the 2nd best girls for their class) in the pachinko during July and August. 

but not legendary 5 stars, and every 5 star rare is worse than a 5 star legendNothing is changes in PVP META. + I got 2 girls from a legendary event without using kobans (Levitra, Fabienne) + one legenday for hentaiclicker Mizuki (All was free for me.) And you should always have a chance to get every 5 star legendary without using Kobans,  if not, it will destroy META PVP. that is, the game will become Pay to Win. 

You may argue with this definition but always when the best things are paid for real money (giving a significant advantage) the game becomes pay for win.  And at this point you have to stop playing because there will always be someone with a larger wallet  and your skills no longer matter.

if you pay for cosmetics, clothing, background, girls, it doesn't affect the gameplay significant. And this is a good developer policy, Kinkoi knows what it is doing,  that's why there are so many players.

Edited by fap.titans.gra
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Have finished it up to getting Bunnys mother , i would like to get Lupa’s mother  , but at 7200 kobans forget it ,  the new event is ok ,  up until  Lupa’s mother, she  just costs to much to get so going pass on her.

47 minutes ago, fap.titans.gra said:

but not legendary 5 stars, and every 5 star rare is worse than a 5 star legendNothing is changes in PVP META. + I got 2 girls from a legendary event without using kobans (Levitra, Fabienne) + one legenday for hentaiclicker Mizuki (All was free for me.) And you should always have a chance to get every 5 star legendary without using Kobans,  if not, it will destroy META PVP. that is, the game will become Pay to Win. 

You may argue with this definition but always when the best things are paid for real money (giving a significant advantage) the game becomes pay for win.  And at this point you have to stop playing because there will always be someone with a larger wallet  and your skills no longer matter.

if you pay for cosmetics, clothing, background, girls, it doesn't affect the gameplay significant. And this is a good developer policy, Kinkoi knows what it is doing,  that's why there are so many players.

I feel like releasing (AT THE TIME) the 2nd best girl for the class by pachinko only is equivalent to releasing a 5 star legendary behind a koban paywall now, especially when you made no mention of rarity and we had no idea how long the existing legendary girls would take to return, or when a 2nd wave would be released. However if you want to move the goal post because your point has been given a strong counterpoint, sure, you do that.

• Haha 1