[ 24-Apr-20 ] Path of Attraction - Discussion

FinderKeeper

On 4/25/2020 at 5:10 PM, Zamio said:

Going full on hard mode for this one. 

I must admit I was miffed by the last minute tickets change to the Path and got caught by it like many others I'm sure - I had only 9 tickets to start with.

Now I find it refreshing, it's actually more interesting to try to find ways to overcome this roadblock. And it's a change from mindless troll fights.

Diverted all resources towards getting tickets. Ditched story for now and converting energy to tickets. Waited for the ideal moment to level up to make the most of the energy gain during level up. Won a contest by sniping this morning, am already at 21. With a little luck, I will be done by reset time tomorrow and by timing the others tasks correctly I should finish just in time. If I am a little short in time, I will just buy a few league refills to get me over the finish line. But the objective and challenge remains to finish it without spending kobans.

Well, it's done. Zero kobans spent, with 40 hours left in the event. I was surprised how comfortable it was, given that ticket stumbling block. I wasn't particularly lucky with tickets on bosses or missions either (gathered 1 on bosses and 2 on missions) during that stage where I was stuck for the first 60 hours. That being said, being in a favourable timezone helped a lot, getting the max out of contests. 

And once that was over, the rest can be done very quickly if you don't mess up and time it well. I'd even say, it might even be possible to do, starting with zero tickets, stage 6-10 was done in less than 24 hours.

I will pass on Lupa's mom. It's a combination of I don't really want her that much and don't care for the other things she comes with.

Overall, I liked this event. That being said it's probably the novelty of it and that little surprise (nice try trying to trip me Kinkoid, next time maybe 😜) that added a little excitement. It does have the risk of becoming very mechanical as players have already optimized the best way to overcome the steps and be done with it under 24 hours. For most that burn through the steps, it will be a very long wait till the end of the event.

The rewards are nice. I never play Epic Pachinko, so an Orb getting me an Event Girl is welcome. With 40 permanents in my pool, Event girls are such a long shot, at least Orbs improve my chances of getting a couple. The free Combativity opens up possibilities, as well, if you can use those to get ahead in contests, during the course of the event.

311704802_ScreenShot2020-04-27at7_13_29PM.thumb.png.2c179f5848d4bd5978fea46f0f3d860f.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

To be fair, overall art quality went way up over the past couple of months. We haven't seen a disaster like the Circus event, Holiday, Selene or Natasha in quite a while now. Not everything is stellar, and there are still consistency and continuity issues, but they've improved a lot. The PoA girls are well drawn, but not better than Valentina, Val Cupid, or a number of recent pachinko-only girls, 4th and 5th star upgrades to classic troll girls and some of the new girls for tiers 2 and 3.

I'm sorry... WHAT?! Hey guys, in this restaurant we've been serving  8/10, 9/10 or even 10/10 dishes for the past 3 years, but 5-6 months ago we started serving literal shit in the plates, 0/10 meals,  but hey, we improved that shit and now its a 3/10, so we went up significantly!! We improved!!
This man, this is hands down the worst statement about the art I've seen, holy fuck dude. Reactions like this is why things gradually go to shit. 
Also, Jealous Bunnys Mother is 10 times better drawn than Valentina and Val Cupid (not saying Valentina is bad, but she's not at the level of the PoA girls), it's so jarring to see that she (and probably Lupas Mother but Im not gonna get her) are the only girls that are drawn in the old style that has seen a bunch of improvements, it's not even close to "newer style but slightly improved". 

• Thinking 1

7 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

To be fair, overall art quality went way up over the past couple of months. We haven't seen a disaster like the Circus event, Holiday, Selene or Natasha in quite a while now. Not everything is stellar, and there are still consistency and continuity issues, but they've improved a lot. The PoA girls are well drawn, but not better than Valentina, Val Cupid, or a number of recent pachinko-only girls, 4th and 5th star upgrades to classic troll girls and some of the new girls for tiers 2 and 3.

Agreed that the quality is improving but it's still far from what it used to be and above all the are a lot of art style clash. And let's not talk about affection scenes, there are a big drama there, it's so sad.

Why did Valentina and the 2 mothers benefit from a premium treatment whereas the remaining girls (especially pachinko and recent events) are rushed? Before most of the girls if not all of them used to be well done, the portraits as well as their affection. Now there is a big disparity of quality.

I heard multiple times that that kind of care requires a lot of effort. My answer is: please lower the number of girls. If the rhythm is too high to maintain high quality, lower the pace. Legendary event and PoA only have 1-2 girls, why not lower the number from 8 to 4 or 5 for the standard event?

So what's the message here? "We don't care of the main events and EP anymore, content yourselves with average quality at best and if you want high quality wait for Legendary Events or PoA", is that their strategy now?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

120 fights vs karole ( i don't got the three girls from her as im still progressing in the main story) and i got 12 tickets. 32 Hours left for the campaign and i have to do two more champ fights. After the free tickets tomorrow i got probably 20 hours (-10 because work) to get 60 villain fights (not possible) and 100 pvp wins (not possible because of 30 mins cooldown).

So yeah either i was extremely unlucky or this event is desinged for spenders an people who got the story finished and can 100% focus on doing events

i didn't had sockpiled tickets, i am still fighting the chmpions. got the first three girls from them. Wehn the champs got released i was around level 100 and it took me several months to get the first girl, champ 2 was literally not doable for me at this point.

Edited by Magic1986

I had a fun time completing the challenges. I think, to improve this, the developers should aim to maybe lower a few of the frustrating requirements (fighting the champs, for example). I also can imagine it could be difficult to provide xp to the harem if someone already does a good job keeping up with it. On the other hand, the PvP and villain fights were right on point.

6 hours ago, Čamuga said:

This man, this is hands down the worst statement about the art I've seen, holy fuck dude. Reactions like this is why things gradually go to shit. 

Rrright. Someone who knows what they're talking about giving a fair analysis of the recent trend (after giving a lot of detailed negative feedback when things got actually ugly in the past) is surely "what's wrong with this country"... Perfectly reasonable kneejerk reactions to go for ridiculous hyperbole with no nuance whatsoever, on the other hand, is super helpful. Thanks, man. 10 out of 10. And 0 out of 10 for everything you don't like, don't understand, or both.

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Rrright. Someone who knows what they're talking about giving a fair analysis of the recent trend (after giving a lot of detailed negative feedback when things got actually ugly in the past) is surely "what's wrong with this country"... Perfectly reasonable kneejerk reactions to go for ridiculous hyperbole with no nuance whatsoever, on the other hand, is super helpful. Thanks, man. 10 out of 10. And 0 out of 10 for everything you don't like, don't understand, or both.

No, my statement was referring broadly to things around art, or things that include art in them, you know, like games, kinda like this one. You know, when standards are being lowered and those who oppose that are ignored, and in whose stead people like you raise up and say "Thank you for the shit, can I have another?", that was the meaning behind what I said. But keep trotting along about nuance, since you decided to ignore the meaning of what I said. The fact that you immediately extrapolated it into speaking broadly the state of some country(ies) is telling though.

16 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Strangely I disagree with you because this method actually seems kinder to players. They chose to go with a very popular girl as the free route, as that is the one that they KNOW people want to get. They then chose a new girl who, while being requested a reasonable amount that I'm aware of, had unknown popularity and put her behind the paywall. The one they thought most people would want was available for free.

I might be wrong but if it was the most popular and requested im guessing it would be Finalmecia 😁.I understand what you're saying, still i wished the went with a diferent one in the free route. Bunny mother already has one legendary 3 star. Im sure there a lot more other girls players like that dont have an variation on that rarity. The majority might like it, but to me was a poor choice.

I'm fairly new here, but I see someone was gracious enough to answer another newbie's question about "what is a champion" (I wondered the same). I'm just not far enough along for it. Not far enough along for tickets either, I guess.

So I've read the entire thread before I ask this in the hope that someone will clue me in: I won something that looks like a bracelet of green beads. I have no idea what it was, where it went, or what it's for. Thanks in advance for any info.

12 minutes ago, DocJD said:

I'm fairly new here, but I see someone was gracious enough to answer another newbie's question about "what is a champion" (I wondered the same). I'm just not far enough along for it. Not far enough along for tickets either, I guess.

So I've read the entire thread before I ask this in the hope that someone will clue me in: I won something that looks like a bracelet of green beads. I have no idea what it was, where it went, or what it's for. Thanks in advance for any info.

10 Green Orbs in a circle? That's a 10 games of Great Pachinko orb. You use it to get, well, a 10 games of Great Pachinko spin.

• Thanks 1

Finished the event. Got the free girl. Overall, I like the new event.

1. It's something new (always welcomed)
  2. You don't just battle the Trolls, you acquire resources and spend them in some order, which requires a bit of planning (not rocket science)
  3. You can stash the rewards and spend them whenever you like in the course of 5 days
  4. Event pachinko orbs as a reward 👍
  5. New girls look good and are always welcomed

Can this event be improved? Definitely.

1. Some rewards seem a bit meh. The first one - 20 energy, for example. It can easily be 50 energy. Or 60 (price of 1 ticket) Or even 100 energy, cause why not? It's so little. There can also be XP reward or kobans reward or other orbs reward (epic, for example), or affection items reward (and so on) instead of 3 repetitive combativity rewards. They are not bad as they are, but there are 3 of them which doesn't seem optimal.
  2. I am totally ok with the girl (and some rewards) for 7200 kobans. It is not designed for me, obviously, - I don't have enough resources to buy her. But there are people who do have them, so why not. What can be done here is that there should also be some other girls for a much lower price from the recently perished revival event we used to have. With their own paths, rewards and stuff. That seems fair (to me).
  3. The tasks. Maybe the sequencing can be done a little better? (30 champion performance should be the 10th task, for example). Maybe we should be able to do them all at once and get the girl if all 10 of them are done? (and then be able to start another path for a different girl). Maybe they should be more diverse? Like, earn some amount of XP, spend some amount of energy and not to just battle with Trolls (twice?) and do Arena and Tower performance (twice?)
  4. Kobans. So, the revival event used to have event missions, out of which we could get kobans. It seems fair (to me) that this event should either have it's own event missions with kobans reward or have kobans as a reward for completing some stage of the path.

Thanks for reading 😉

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

What can be done here is that there should also be some other girls for a much lower price from the recently cancelled revival event we used to have. With their own paths, rewards and stuff. That seems fair (to me).

Just want to check, are you aware that those girls were simply wrapped into Orgy Days? The revival wasn't cancelled, it was simply combined. You mention it being cancelled multiple times, when it was in fact never promised. We just assumed.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Čamuga said:

No, my statement was referring broadly to things around art, or things that include art in them, you know, like games, kinda like this one. You know, when standards are being lowered and those who oppose that are ignored, and in whose stead people like you raise up and say "Thank you for the shit, can I have another?", that was the meaning behind what I said. But keep trotting along about nuance, since you decided to ignore the meaning of what I said. The fact that you immediately extrapolated it into speaking broadly the state of some country(ies) is telling though.

Your statement was stupid, broad and ignorant, on many levels. You're clearly not very good at evaluating art quality, and you very clearly haven't read most of my many, many posts about art quality over the past six months. I criticized the drop in art quality way before you even started posting on this forum, and had extended debates about it with other people who actually know art and are pretty good at assessing art quality, style, and other topics (like Falco, Zorba or Linkdream). Now that they've been taking steps in the right direction in that regard for a couple of months, I'm encouraging them and showing my appreciation for this improvement. That's only fair, and logical. I'm not one of those dumb-dumbs who only ever post to complain. I give feedback regularly, both positive and negative, and I try to keep it constructive and fair.

"People like you"... Yeah, man, that's very intelligent and measured, not a broad and completely incorrect generalization at all. You also didn't even get my humorous reference (that's fine, not everyone watches TV shows or movies from the US in English, and that's what I pulled this caricature from), and didn't even assume it was probably a joke you didn't get, despite the fact that I put it in quotes and in italic. FYI, that's a parody of what the average uneducated American would say whenever they dislike anything (the dad in that 70s Show, for instance).

Also FYI, no, the PoA girls are NOT of a superior quality compared to many other recent drawings (including but not limited to the ones I've cited, and others by the same artist and a couple other good artists they currently have in their roster). Now, you can keep being wrong about this and making a fool of yourself all you want. But you've been presented with the correct information. You do you, my man.

Edited by DvDivXXX

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Your statement was stupid, broad and ignorant, on many levels. You're clearly not very good at evaluating art quality, and you very clearly haven't read most of my many, many posts about art quality over the past six months. I criticized the drop in art quality way before you even started posting on this forum, and had extended debates about it with other people who actually know art and are pretty good at assessing art quality, style, and other topics (like Falco, Zorba or Linkdream).

The self awareness is almost there! Ofc, I havent started posting nor was I reading the forum when you were discussing it, so I haven't really gone back into there and read all of those, but you still expect me to know exactly your position on it. And I will take you on your word that you've been criticizing it long before me, as I dont care enough to sift through your forum history, but my point still stands. Also I like the appeal to other people, "oh I've debated people in the past that are pretty good at assessing art quality etc, so I knoooow what this is all about and you dont", nice air of superiority there, how nice of you to determine my ability to evaluate art from a couple of negative posts I've made. Stop acting like a condescending prick and looking down on people, and you might understand what I and people like me are saying. 

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Now that they've been taking steps in the right direction in that regard for a couple of months, I'm encouraging them and showing my appreciation for this improvement. That's only fair, and logical. I'm not one of those dumb-dumbs who only ever post to complain. I give feedback regularly, both positive and negative, and I try to keep it constructive and fair.

"People like you"... Yeah, man, that's very intelligent and measured, not a broad and completely incorrect generalization at all. You also didn't even get my humorous reference (that's fine, not everyone watches TV shows or movies from the US in English, and that's what I pulled this caricature from), and didn't even assume it was probably a joke you didn't get, despite the fact that I put it in quotes and in italic. FYI, that's a parody of what the average uneducated American would say whenever they dislike anything (the dad in that 70s Show, for instance).

Also FYI, no, the PoA girls are NOT of a superior quality compared to many other recent drawings (including but not limited to the ones I've cited, and others by the same artist and a couple other good artists they currently have in their roster). Now, you can keep being wrong about this and making a fool of yourself all you want. But you've been presented with the correct information. You do you, my man.

People like you meant to criticize your current statement, when you get satisfied with sub-par shit which is worse than what you've gotten before. And funnily enough, my point still stands. 
Woo hoo I didnt get a reference for some TV show I never experienced as I'm not in an English- speaking country, wow so high brow of you. But hey, keep being "a massive", I'm sure you looooooove being related to obscure references that most people dont get! 
How nice of you to assess my intelligence on getting or not getting references, for criticizing a dumb take you've had. I've said that your statement was stupid, and I have pointed that due to reactions like yours, standards constantly get lowered and things gradually go to shit, a point which still stands and you refuse to address. 

And again, when it comes to misunderstanding my statements, you are a master. PoA girls are definitely superior than what we've had so far (or did you forget Squirts already, from a recent event), but moreover than just that, PoA girls are drawn in the style of the old girls that has also been through some improvements, so there's clearly space for that and it's obviously more than possible, but for whatever reason they've not only cut down on it, but also replaced it with shit, which is all the more visible the more you compare it to PoA or older girls. Not only do you fail to understand and respond to what I'm saying, but you also present your own opinion as "the correct information". 
Oh and FYI, I never assessed your intelligence or your character while criticizing the stupidity of your statement, but you were more than happy to label me a bunch of things out of it, but please, we wouldn't to take you off of that high horse now would we?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

I've said that your statement was stupid, and I have pointed that due to reactions like yours, standards constantly get lowered and things gradually go to shit, a point which still stands and you refuse to address.

[And a ton more blabla mistakenly trying to score points in a dick measuring contest I'm not interested in.]

You're really something else... I have addressed your stupid and insulting point already. Art quality has improved significantly over the past couple of months, that's a fact. Yes, it had dropped down a ton in the five-six months prior to that, that's also a fact. As I explained to you, when the art was getting worse, I was among the most persistent players in pointing it out and giving feedback about it. Now that things are improving, I acknowledge it. If you want to insist on ignoring that and trying to cast me as the star of your insulting narrative about people who say "thank you" with eyes closed regardless of the quality, then I can't stop you. But it does demonstrate you're a moron.

I don't live in an English-speaking country either, and English isn't my native language, but even then, my joke wasn't an obscure reference by any stretch of the imagination. And I don't think you're stupid because you didn't get that reference, just like I don't think you're bad at evaluating art because I'm good at it. That would actually be stupid of me, and it's stupid of you to assume. No, I think you're stupid because you make stupid statements and don't seem to understand simple points, even when clarified for you. And I think you're bad at evaluating art because you're saying that the art quality is still dropping when it's been vastly improving lately, and you claim that the PoA girls have superior art compared to other recent pieces including ones by the same artist, when that's clearly not the case. I know what I'm talking about, which allows me to notice that you do not.

Good day, Sir (here's another obscure elitist reference, for you, son).

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 10:26 PM, Čamuga said:

Dude I just maxed Bunnys mothers affection... her poses are neat, the art style is a genuine improvement of the old one, and  not an anatomical disaster of the new one, but the scenes man... To avoid spoilers, all I'll say is that they're reeeeeeeeeeeeally pushing you to get Lupas mom, its actually absurd. So blatant as well, fucking lmao dude fuck this event

Hm, sorry, my english is to bad - do you feel great which your choice of "attracting Lupa's mom for kobans" or do you regret it?

29 minutes ago, windia said:

Hm, sorry, my english is to bad - do you feel great which your choice of "attracting Lupa's mom for kobans" or do you regret it?

no no I dont have enough Kobans to get Lupa's mom. I probably would have gotten her out of curiosity if I had the Kobans. My point in that comment is that Bunny's moms affection scenes are a bait, pushing you to get Lupa's mom. It's like Bunny's moms scenes aren't even about her -.-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Čamuga said:

no no I dont have enough Kobans to get Lupa's mom. I probably would have gotten her out of curiosity if I had the Kobans. My point in that comment is that Bunny's moms affection scenes are a bait, pushing you to get Lupa's mom. It's like Bunny's moms scenes aren't even about her -.-

Ah, k, I see, so it is like with Lupa's scences - at least the rare Loving Lupa has coressponding scenes that go together with the corresponding rare Loving Bunny.

thx

• Like 2

To me it really seems like this event was geared more towards payers rather than players. Which isn't a shock, the game must support itself somehow. And before those same people start shouting, "It was possible for non-payers": yes, I'm sure it was possible. But there's a huge difference between possible and likely. I knew it was unlikely (for me) from the start, but I didn't realize how unlikely until I got to that first Champions task, and saw that doing a multi-performance still only counted as 1 fight. At that point I just gave up because there are better ways to waste kobans. Plus I never joined a league, and I only unlocked 4 Champions, so having to complete two of those tasks just wasn't worth it.

So overall, can't say I was a fan of this event. I stand by my original opinion: if this wasn't a limited event, it would be fine. But I feel that way largely because I don't have as much time to play the game as I used to, so I tend to miss out during most events, and focus on the content that isn't timed.  Next time I'll know to just add this event to the list of features I don't bother with. Which, now that I reread this, are starting to pile up...

1 hour ago, GarfEild said:

... until I got to that first Champions task, and saw that doing a multi-performance still only counted as 1 fight. At that point I just gave up because there are better ways to waste kobans. Plus I never joined a league, and I only unlocked 4 Champions, so having to complete two of those tasks just wasn't worth it.

Well, that sucks; I only can hope that this is bug. If you do 10 fights at once you should of course get 10 points. Did you wrote a support ticket? At least this task was bugged: in the beginning you could use orbs besides tickets to gain a point.

Joining a league is no loss, you most likely would have won a lot of fights in the lowest of them. It would have been a lot of time effort too.

I agree, the PoA would be better as a monthly long event in the background - or something similar.

10 hours ago, blaa said:

Well, that sucks; I only can hope that this is bug. If you do 10 fights at once you should of course get 10 points. Did you wrote a support ticket? At least this task was bugged: in the beginning you could use orbs besides tickets to gain a point.

At the time, I didn't think it was a bug. I just assumed it was a way to make the tasks harder to complete, since they already were, for me. And even now, with as little as I play the game, the only way I would bother to fill out a support ticket was if this one bug was what kept me from getting the end prize. And it wasn't. And the individual rewards weren't all that great, either, so going to the trouble of reporting this doesn't seem worth the effort. Anyway, I'm sure the response would not be, "We're sorry, to make up for it, here's the event girl you missed out on." Beyond that, as I have no intention of bothering with Champions again (not strictly because of this incident, although it didn't help), I don't really mind if it stays bugged.

• Like 1