[ 25-May-20 ] PoA Boobies Wars - Discussion

Multiple choice poll  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite girls

• Competitive Lola
    • Competitive Albane
    • Competitive Salem
    • Competitive Clarisse

I've just finished the event pachinko orb task.

If I had played opened the second track I would've been able to get the champion part. Thought indeed the 70 players to kill would've probably destroyed me: I only win 2 in 3 arena wins even after nerfing myself in advance. And I was no2 in the league ranking before event was released so having a hard time now in rankings to find targets.

On 5/28/2020 at 10:46 PM, GeorgeMTO said:

Okay this could be a reasonable point that could help Kinkoid. Can you clarify how this is different to "fight the same boss repeatedly until they drop 100 shards?" I see both "normal" events and this in the same way "perform this specific part of gameplay a certain number of times" but you obviously don't, so if you explain why you see them as different, there might be something for Kinkoid to work on. 

Fighting the same boss repeatedly is gambling against odds.  There's a loss and a rush to winning most of the time unless it takes 4.5k-5k~ then small shard drops make the win not even worth it unless the girl is a 5 star.

Fighting against a checklist is just that.  Literally no one in both clubs we're in has had any fun with this event or the hentai clicker event because of how grindy its been.  Just to throw up a quote: i know it's possible, i made it, but it was no fun and it required an amount of effort that makes mentally sane ppl run away instead of liking your game more, it's counterproductive for them too imo.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

And finally managed to finish the event. What a relief.

Now that it's over, I'll give my 2 cents like everybody else: I think this kind of event would be a lot more attractive and engaging if we were given the option to complete the tasks in the order we want, at our own rythm, and if the tasks were cumulative.

The first part is easy, we're given the tasks to complete and we decide which ones we go for first. The rewards wouldn't be specific for each task like now, but for completition: complete one task and get "X", complete two tasks and get "Y", make three and get "Z", etc.

When it comes to the cumulative part it would be like those achievements in videogames, you kill one enemy and get a badge, kill 50 and get another one, kill 100 and another one, but always taking the previous kills into account.

By making the event like this, more open, we could be able to complete some of the simpler tasks like spending money and defeating villains and other players slowly over the duration of the event, without changing the way we usually play the game. And when it comes to the more specific tasks like fighting the Champions and selling items could also be completed without so much drama.

3 ore fa, Eman ha scritto:

When it comes to the cumulative part it would be like those achievements in videogames, you kill one enemy and get a badge, kill 50 and get another one, kill 100 and another one, but always taking the previous kills into account.

About this point, taking in example the pvp fights tasks of this Boobies Wars, do you mean that, instead of having the 4 separate non cumulative missions that request you 15, 40, 60 and 70 pvp victories, it would be better to have 4 separate but cumulative missions that request you 15, 55, 115 and 185 pvp victories? Or do you mean same 15/40/60/70 objectives, but cumulative, so when you reach the fourth one you already have 60 wins and you only need 10 more to complete it?

The second case obviously would be to good to be true, it would completely erase the more challenging part of the event, that surely would benefit of a couple of tweaks, but not of this big proportion.

If it's the first case we're speaking of... I don't know. I get that maybe approaching missions with progresion bars already partially filled could be psychologically better, but, personally speaking, I think I prefer more the outrightness of the raw non cumulutive target amounts

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dd089966 said:

Fighting the same boss repeatedly is gambling against odds. There's a loss and a rush to winning most of the time unless it takes 4.5k-5k~ then small shard drops make the win not even worth it unless the girl is a 5 star.

Fighting against a checklist is just that.

So you prefer gambling and the chance of never getting rewarded versus guaranteed rewards at lower cost than the gambled average? I guess that is a common design principle of gacha games. Sure do hope Kinkoid ignores your feedback then.

3 hours ago, Eman said:

By making the event like this, more open, we could be able to complete some of the simpler tasks like spending money and defeating villains and other players slowly over the duration of the event, without changing the way we usually play the game.

I've said it before and seen others repeat this, but changing the way we play the game is the POINT of the game running an event. Giving us something different to do, asking us to focus on getting through certain tasks ect. By asking them to make it so that we don't have to play differently, you're asking them to remove the event and just give you free stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We are not asking for free stuff.  I don't mind changing my play for a week.  What I do mind is changing the way I play the other 3 weeks.  I don't want to hoard for 3 weeks in order to play 1 week.  The tasks are simply not fun.  It becomes a chore.

I think Kinkoid should make this another thing we can do   It should stop being an event and be another thing we can do like Champions.  

Therefore, people who like hoarding for a weeks are free to do so and the people who want to ignore it can without feeling they are missing out on the event.

I finished the event by the way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Redbeard said:

We are not asking for free stuff. I don't mind changing my play for a week. What I do mind is changing the way I play the other 3 weeks. I don't want to hoard for 3 weeks in order to play 1 week.

Yes that is different, and I've said I feel the numbers are overtuned on parts (mostly the champion tickets), but the user I was responding to flat out said "without changing the way we usually play the game."

I was speaking to that mindset, not the one you've expressed here.

This event has been a bit harder than I thought it would be, mainly due to the Champions. I lacked a strong ticket supply going in, and then when I got past task 6 (40 champions) I had poor luck getting tickets from Villain fights, daily missions, and contests. I ended up buying a few tickets for Kobans to allow myself a day and a half for the 70 PvP wins.

I ended up a little off the pace I set for myself back on page 4, partly due to bad luck, and partly being just so fed up with crap going wrong one evening, I decided that I simply wanted to go to bed and avoid everything. Still I will get all 4 girls, at a Koban price of something like 7600 Kobans, which for the 2 bonus girls is far cheaper than the Pachinko cost.

Since I have all 4 champions unlocked, I did strategize to actually complete some stages and let the 24 hours roll, which netted me some improved gear, and I've got some progress on Alban right now, and will keep pushing there with whatever tickets I get; he's the only Champion where I don't have the girl; of course I'm a Charm player.

However, I do like this sort of event which requires planning. It's different than a typical event in this game, which is simply clicking to fight bosses to get girls.

• Like 2

hace 9 horas, Antimon dijo:

About this point, taking in example the pvp fights tasks of this Boobies Wars, do you mean that, instead of having the 4 separate non cumulative missions that request you 15, 40, 60 and 70 pvp victories, it would be better to have 4 separate but cumulative missions that request you 15, 55, 115 and 185 pvp victories? Or do you mean same 15/40/60/70 objectives, but cumulative, so when you reach the fourth one you already have 60 wins and you only need 10 more to complete it?

The second case obviously would be to good to be true, it would completely erase the more challenging part of the event, that surely would benefit of a couple of tweaks, but not of this big proportion.

If it's the first case we're speaking of... I don't know. I get that maybe approaching missions with progresion bars already partially filled could be psychologically better, but, personally speaking, I think I prefer more the outrightness of the raw non cumulutive target amounts

I was mostly thinking about the first one, mostly because if we go for the second one it would be almost too easy.

That said, and this goes specially for the PVP and the champions tasks, a reduction in the total number of fights/wins should be taken into consideration. They're too many.

hace 8 horas, GeorgeMTO dijo:

I've said it before and seen others repeat this, but changing the way we play the game is the POINT of the game running an event. Giving us something different to do, asking us to focus on getting through certain tasks ect. By asking them to make it so that we don't have to play differently, you're asking them to remove the event and just give you free stuff.

And what you seem to be missing is that one thing doesn't collidew ith the other. The usual mechanic of the events if to fight a selected group of villains in order to get the event girls they have, plus the girl from completing the missions.

And the thing here is that between the main event, revivals/Orgy days and Epic/Legendary days, we end up fighting only the villains we're allowed to. We can't fight any other boss except when we're done with the events (and sometimes that only happens at the last day of such events) and between events. Just by being able to fight whatever boss we want, that's already a necessary change from the usual pae of the game. There's people, and not only newbies, that still have girls from Pandora, Jackson, Karole and Roko Sensei because very few events use them, and we end with only 3-4 days a month to fight them freely. This Path of Attraction event already changes that and gives us an extra week to go after those girls, and just because of that, it already makes this event different from the others.

What we're asking is to actually continue this event but in a way that makes it fun, interesting and engaging, not a chore that has to be done.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

So you prefer gambling and the chance of never getting rewarded versus guaranteed rewards at lower cost than the gambled average? I guess that is a common design principle of gacha games. Sure do hope Kinkoid ignores your feedback then.

Why do you keep comparing an event to pachinko. We have other farming events, where you can similarly get 1 legendary girl without even spending kobans, but the cost of getting a second one is much less (sometimes less than 1000 kobans) than either the single-button drop of 7200k or the cost of tickets which you have to buy.

As to your second point - nobody's asking to get things for free, because that indeed will make it a non-event. What we're asking is for the amount of effort and resource investment to be on par with other events. Currently the effort (not koban cost) is several times higher than even legendary days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Yes that is different, and I've said I feel the numbers are overtuned on parts (mostly the champion tickets), but the user I was responding to flat out said "without changing the way we usually play the game."

I was speaking to that mindset, not the one you've expressed here.

Well I'm (was) "stuck" at the 60 pvp matches, and I feel really punished for doing my best at the league the weeks prior and upping twice while being very low lvl. By making sure I keep farming points even if it means constant losses.

It's actually bad design principle to force an outcome that is easier if you deliberatelly do nothing/worse in the time prior.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eman said:

And what you seem to be missing is that one thing doesn't collidew ith the other. The usual mechanic of the events if to fight a selected group of villains in order to get the event girls they have, plus the girl from completing the missions.

And the thing here is that between the main event, revivals/Orgy days and Epic/Legendary days, we end up fighting only the villains we're allowed to. We can't fight any other boss except when we're done with the events (and sometimes that only happens at the last day of such events) and between events. Just by being able to fight whatever boss we want, that's already a necessary change from the usual pae of the game. There's people, and not only newbies, that still have girls from Pandora, Jackson, Karole and Roko Sensei because very few events use them, and we end with only 3-4 days a month to fight them freely. This Path of Attraction event already changes that and gives us an extra week to go after those girls, and just because of that, it already makes this event different from the others.

What we're asking is to actually continue this event but in a way that makes it fun, interesting and engaging, not a chore that has to be done.

Okay, I think I see the issue here, you think we're talking about the same thing because you're using the same words I do, but they have a different meaning to you than to me. When I refer to the "usual" pace of the game, that's what I do when there's no event girls on bosses for me to farm. I consider my "usual" whatever I choose to do when there's nothing screaming out "DO THIS RIGHT NOW". By the sounds of it, you consider event farming "usual", which isn't completely unreasonable based on how many days of the month it takes up.

However the disconnect then comes harder when you acknowledge that this event is different from that, but that you don't want it to affect what you do? Instead of asking you to conform your play by fighting a specific boss, it lets you fight whoever you like. So it has to ask you to change your play on a different axis if it wants to be an event. It gives you extra days to farm for boss girls (I'm using it for good progress on tier girls myself). If it doesn't ask you to do specific tasks in a specific order, can you explain how this event would change your decision making process as compared to no event?

8 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

Why do you keep comparing an event to pachinko. We have other farming events, where you can similarly get 1 legendary girl without even spending kobans, but the cost of getting a second one is much less (sometimes less than 1000 kobans) than either the single-button drop of 7200k or the cost of tickets which you have to buy.

As to your second point - nobody's asking to get things for free, because that indeed will make it a non-event. What we're asking is for the amount of effort and resource investment to be on par with other events. Currently the effort (not koban cost) is several times higher than even legendary days.

I didn't mention the pachinko here. I've mentioned it in other places, but not the quoted comment at all. I think you're reading it with that in light because you disliked that very fair and valid comparison and now you're seeing every other argument in that context. But to re-explain my previous pachinko comments for others, I only compared the paid value of the pass to the pachinko. If you can get all girls on bosses that don't require refills, your only option is to spend kobans. I use the pachinko as a comparison because before PoA existed, that was the cheapest guaranteed method of exchanging kobans for a girl (everything else relied on averages or in the case of the MyP x3/x6 options, was more expensive) and for the vast majority of players, there's ALWAYS another girl to get there. Since that was the best guarantee, I judged most metrics of getting girls via refills as whether it was cheaper or more expensive than it (Legendary Days was a draw on average, everything else was better on average).
Then PoA came out, and has its paid pass as more than the cost of a x10 pachinko. The first one was more expensive per girl, the second was not. But even the first had a lot of extra orbs and combativity, so was good value for kobans IF you were already a pachinko user. If you don't use the pachinko, you should treat the paid pass the same way you treat all pachinko only girls, by ignoring it. If you don't have enough kobans to get all the girls available via boss battles, this is not for you.

Now to return to my second point: The user I was quoting wanted all the same event rewards while still playing exactly the same way he would without an event, how on earth is that not asking for free stuff? As I said in my response to Redbeard, requesting a tune down is fine, asking for turning off is stupid. You're thinking that person is on your side simply because I'm against them. There's shades of nuance.

40 minutes ago, pulli23 said:

Well I'm (was) "stuck" at the 60 pvp matches, and I feel really punished for doing my best at the league the weeks prior and upping twice while being very low lvl. By making sure I keep farming points even if it means constant losses.

It's actually bad design principle to force an outcome that is easier if you deliberatelly do nothing/worse in the time prior.

Sure, but that's bad league design, not because of this event. Does it make your experience in this event worse? Yeah probably, but that's NOT the fault of this event, that's the fault of Kinkoid's bad league rewards. People wouldn't intentionally do promote/demote cycles if Kinkoid just designed their rewards better.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Sure, but that's bad league design, not because of this event. Does it make your experience in this event worse? Yeah probably, but that's NOT the fault of this event, that's the fault of Kinkoid's bad league rewards. People wouldn't intentionally do promote/demote cycles if Kinkoid just designed their rewards better.

The event requires "n wins" independent of league; but by upping my league I can no longer freely get those wins as I could 2 weeks ago. So yes, even with "perfectly balanced league rewards" I'm punished -by this event- for doing well.

A better solution would be that you could still attack lower league players, just that the league rewards are very minimal (like even losing points when losing, and 1/3rd of the points per league lower you fight).

Finished the event yesterday. Got all the girls. Great event!

782983989_-1.jpg.7dffdd8034fd72a4092df59c699d199a.jpg

Ok. Now let's compare it with the previous event.

On 4/28/2020 at 10:04 AM, Тёмный Властелин said:

Finished the event. Got the free girl. Overall, I like the new event.

1. It's something new (always welcomed)
  2. You don't just battle the Trolls, you acquire resources and spend them in some order, which requires a bit of planning (not rocket science)
  3. You can stash the rewards and spend them whenever you like in the course of 5 days
  4. Event pachinko orbs as a reward 👍
  5. New girls look good and are always welcomed

Can this event be improved? Definitely.

1. Some rewards seem a bit meh. The first one - 20 energy, for example. It can easily be 50 energy. Or 60 (price of 1 ticket) Or even 100 energy, cause why not? It's so little. There can also be XP reward or kobans reward or other orbs reward (epic, for example), or affection items reward (and so on) instead of 3 repetitive combativity rewards. They are not bad as they are, but there are 3 of them which doesn't seem optimal.
  2. I am totally ok with the girl (and some rewards) for 7200 kobans. It is not designed for me, obviously, - I don't have enough resources to buy her. But there are people who do have them, so why not. What can be done here is that there should also be some other girls for a much lower price from the recently perished revival event we used to have. With their own paths, rewards and stuff. That seems fair (to me).
  3. The tasks. Maybe the sequencing can be done a little better? (30 champion performance should be the 10th task, for example). Maybe we should be able to do them all at once and get the girl if all 10 of them are done? (and then be able to start another path for a different girl). Maybe they should be more diverse? Like, earn some amount of XP, spend some amount of energy and not to just battle with Trolls (twice?) and do Arena and Tower performance (twice?)
  4. Kobans. So, the revival event used to have event missions, out of which we could get kobans. It seems fair (to me) that this event should either have it's own event missions with kobans reward or have kobans as a reward for completing some stage of the path.

Thanks for reading 😉

Pluses are the same. Rewards became even better. 👍  Number 2 I like even more now (hello "average loot hoarder" 😀).What I also like is that the duration of the event has grown. You have more time to fight the Trolls you need and to fulfill the required tasks.

Improvements. The first one is kinda the same (they included epic orbs though, which is very good). First couple of rewards can still be improved; the variety of rewards - enlargened.

Second. This time there are more girls and only 3600 for each. And I had the required amount. So I went for them. Obviously they are not designed for everyone, like all the other events. I still think the Orgy days became too clunky with the recent event changes and the girls from there can easily attend Path of Attraction event (for much lower prices and separate threads).

Third. There is still a lot of room for improvement in this one: the sequencing of the tasks; the variety of the tasks; the numbers demanded to fulfill the tasks.

Fourth. Nothing changed here. I still think there can be event missions or just some koban reward somewhere along the path, equal to the ~300 koban loss from the Revival event.

The event could go much smoother if the developers somehow told the community about that 80 tickets (so people could prepare a bit) and not just change it in the very last moment, which caused a lot of frustration from the players.

Edited by Тёмный Властелин
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, pulli23 said:

34 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

26 minutes ago, pulli23 said:

The event requires "n wins" independent of league; but by upping my league I can no longer freely get those wins as I could 2 weeks ago. So yes, even with "perfectly balanced league rewards" I'm punished -by this event- for doing well.

A better solution would be that you could still attack lower league players, just that the league rewards are very minimal (like even losing points when losing, and 1/3rd of the points per league lower you fight).

For the first two(and a half?) comments, that's less about badly balanced league rewards and more just that the Wanker leagues are ridiculously inactive and filled with players who do hardly anything in leagues. Promoting by fighting almost nothing but losses is problematic. Badly balanced rewards could be fixed (although I'm not holding my breath on that) but wouldn't solve this particular issue, because high levels sit in those leagues because they're just not very active. Truthfully, I'm not sure what would solve it. On the other hand, this ought to only be an issue for very new players and doesn't really come into play as much higher up. You can still be punished by fighting at your absolute best every week (ergo promoting too soon; top 15 in D1 doesn't mean squat in D2 etc etc) but most players fighting for a while have learnt when to hold their ground for the most gains (I would hope).

Again, though, this is an inherent flaw of the leagues rather than of the event itself. I'm going to refer to what I said earlier on this thread. If there are two problems, but the second is generated by the first, fix the first and let the rest sort itself out. If it weren't the case that people ended up in leagues when they were hopelessly outmatched, then the PvP aspect of this event would be less daunting. Having said that, it's still a lot of fights and Arena should be making up the majority of the wins anyway or it's going to take a long time.

As for this 'proposed solution' in the last quote... I'm not even sure how to begin dismantling this and I'm going to chalk it up to your lack of experience competing at higher leagues where anyone trying for top spots finishes all their fights.

Basically, having a cap on the number of fights is extremely important. If it were not there, then the higher leagues would become pure pay to win, with whoever had the biggest wallet and was willing to buy the most refills winning every time, as well as farming huge amounts of xp to push the level gap wider.

Less on a gameplay mechanic side and more on a plain logic side.. what would be the point of organising players into league brackets to fight each other if they could simply pick and choose opponents elsewhere for points in their league? You might as well not have a league.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pulli23 said:

I'm not saying remove the cap: I'm saying that you could fight "lower leagues" - throwing away points but gaining a bit of xp, so that instead of doing "nothing" you can still be busy.

The cap isn't a hard value, it's every opponent in your league 3 times as a "soft cap" since you don't have anyone else left to challenge. If another player joins your league mid-season, the cap changes. Kinkoid can't give you the ability to fight outside your league without removing the cap. Your suggestion is literally incompatible with your thought process.

But let's just end that topic here, and stay back on topic to the actual Path event.

2 minutes ago, pulli23 said:

Uh I mean the 1 fight every 35 minutes cap?

That isn't a cap, because kobans can let you refill that bar, and that's an important feature to prevent time zone disadvantage.

Mod Hat: Now seriously, enough about leagues balance. Future comments on it will be removed.

• Like 2

hace 1 hora, GeorgeMTO dijo:

Okay, I think I see the issue here, you think we're talking about the same thing because you're using the same words I do, but they have a different meaning to you than to me. When I refer to the "usual" pace of the game, that's what I do when there's no event girls on bosses for me to farm. I consider my "usual" whatever I choose to do when there's nothing screaming out "DO THIS RIGHT NOW". By the sounds of it, you consider event farming "usual", which isn't completely unreasonable based on how many days of the month it takes up.

However the disconnect then comes harder when you acknowledge that this event is different from that, but that you don't want it to affect what you do? Instead of asking you to conform your play by fighting a specific boss, it lets you fight whoever you like. So it has to ask you to change your play on a different axis if it wants to be an event. It gives you extra days to farm for boss girls (I'm using it for good progress on tier girls myself). If it doesn't ask you to do specific tasks in a specific order, can you explain how this event would change your decision making process as compared to no event?

When there are 3 "regular" (fight villains) events ina month that take 22 days and you need to use most if not all of them to complete those events... well, if that's what we do most, then it's not too far fethed t consider them the regular or usual pace of the game, right? That's what I like the most aboy this PoA event, that you're free to fight whatever villains you like. Thanks to that, I managed to get Gina & Lulu from Ninja Spy during this event, which is great.

What I don't like from this event and what is forced uppon us is the way we approach the other tasks of the game. I don't sell sell 80 items a month. I don't even get that many! When it comes to spend money? Sure, I spend the asked money, and more, each week, but not on a day, which is what we have to do in order to advance to the next task. And don't get me started on the Champions because, while I'm sure everyone has his/her own strategy, I find it hard to believe that so many fight the 6 of them at the same time.

At the end of the day, my comment was meant to make this event more fluid. Give us the tasks and how much time we have to complete them and let us do them in teh order and pace we want. Why do I have to fight the Champions in a day (well, two as there were two tasks), when I can fight a couple of them each day until I reach the asked number of fights? After all, I will still depend on the tickets I had saved before the event because the villains won't give me all the necessary tickets to complete it.

Or for example, the money: the day before the event I bought a rainbow legendary item from the market. If that had happened during the event, I would have spend all the asked money from the three tasks combined in one go. And yet, given how it's designed now, that spending would have only helped me to pass one task, if lucky.

My point here is simple, by making it more flexible, you're making the tasks more feasible and less of a hassle.

Wow!  There are a lot of comments for this event!  It must've stoked a lot of passions!

My effort has ended.  I managed to get Lola and The Event Pachinko orbs, but there's no way I'll have the time to battle more players in The Leagues or arena for the next round.  Oh, unless I had kobans to spare to recharge the challenges, which I didn't.

I certainly didn't mind having a go at this and I'll be better prepared next time.  One thing I was glad of: happily I hadn't been playing The Leagues much so dropped down the rankings, giving me the chance to clean out the other also-rans like me.

Not so good were the champion battles.  I'd slowly been levelling up my girls ready for some serious challenges in the very near future so I was in a bad position to lose against Romero and Whaty.  I didn't have the time to fiddle around with ordering my girls to choose their worst positions so, in the end, I just took a punt.  While I did lose quite often I still won enough to have to wait 24 hours to try again at the next round.  It'll pay me to unlock all 6 champions to give me a shot at progressing through PoA events, but, in the meantime, this means I'll need my best girls and, for most, their XP maxed out.  A real dilemma!  As I'd said, I was hopelessly ill-prepared for all such events where we are damned for being successful - unless we were up the top in The Leagues and had let ourselves drop down (oh, unless we don't mind spending several Troy ounces of kobans).  Or... we had unlocked all 6 champions and had stopped levelling our girls some time earlier.  This is crystal-ball stuff and gives new meaning to the term 'chance prophecy'.

In the end it did encourage me to try other aspects of this game & I'll probably keep going with them from now on, trying to be as unsuccessful as possible when it comes around time for the PoA events.  I would've loved to have Clarisse, but not to be... Or this best version of Salem.  These girls might've been competitive, but I certainly wasn't!

• Like 2

Finished this up a few hours ago. One thing I have done today, that I have literally never done before is used boosters to win league fights at a time this early on, unless they were continuing from a late push. I wanted to make sure I got my wins for the girls, so I used more powerful boosters than I normally would. Nice to have yet another different strategy for the game.

I'm thinking that I will work on passing Alban's tiers mostly during these sorts of events. Having the last champion where I need a girl being one that takes lots of fights to beat will help, and if I can make sure I'm not doing Stage 5 as the one before the next Path, I will certainly have plenty of tickets, as it needs 40 or so for me to beat it, perhaps even more next time.

• Like 5

My Karole's permanent girls' attraction levels were 85/100 for Rin, 71/100 for Willow, 32/100 for Toshiko. During this Boobies Wars event I fought against Karole 426 times. It is almost a legendary days amount of fights, from which I got 62 shards, a little more than a half of the total shards I missed from Karole. It is a lot , and just this makes this event (in which, in addition to the week of "real" free fights, I got two girls without spending kobans, too) a very good one, at least for me. The only thing that makes me kind of sad is that 33 of those 62 shards were Toshiko's, and just 12 went to Rin, girl that I was expecting to finally fully attract, but RNG-kun wasn't of the same idea apparently 😅

1303369267_Karoleplease.JPG.2404cda98ccdf081c744c22c711dcb91.JPG

To get back more on topic, I enjoyed this PoA event. I appreciated a lot that we had an easy start up to the first girl and a second more challenging part up to the second one. I liked the improvements in the quality of the rewards, that made the 7200 kobans very appealing (if I had that amount of kobans, I would certainly have spent it, this time), and having positioned with more "attention for the players" rewards and tasks was a nice touch, too.

I honestly don't see hoarding things as necessary (champion tickets excluded): I started this event with 73M and my last 12 gray boosters from arena fights to sell. I did all the "sell x" and "spend y" tasks thanks to great pachinko; I finished the XIII task on thursday morning (before the end of the league) with 82,7M ymens stashed, 91,6M if we don't count the 8,9M I had to pay in "suit up" quest of Digisekai, and could have been even more if the troll I decided to fight wasn't Karole, but someone ymens-rewarding. Yes, it is not the most efficient way to spend ymens, I agree, and if I hadn't had to spend them now I'd have 30,7M more, at least, BUT, thanks too great pachinko (that made me get back 62% of what I spent), the cash rewards, and thymens I got from the requested champion performances, I finished the event with more than what I had at the beginning, and I can't honestly say that those spend/sell tasks had a negative impact on my game economy.

I finished the last task on friday morning, an hour before time reset. This "staying at home 'cause covid" situation surely helped me get through the event this fast, but I have to say that I could have been even faster, if I were more active with arena fights, with which I slacked off a bit after I got my 16th victory. Considering this and the fact that I finished the event 3 days before its actual end, makes me think think that it would be doable even in a more "I have to go out and do things in the real life" situation. It didn't felt more time pressing than Legendary days, but I'm well aware this in particular is my opinion, and that I could be tremendously wrong about it.

And now, we're finally arrived at champions tasks/tickets issue. My champion tickets stash was for sure another great factor in my ability to finish this event quickly: I (wrongly and inefficiently) ignored the champion feature for a lot, and I started taking on them seriously only few months ago, when I reached 900+ tickets. When this PoA event started, I still had 130+ tickets left. I finished this event with 31 tickets, and instead of thinking "wow, I'm finally close to play this feature efficiently according to how it was designed", I'm asking myself if it wouldn't be better to save up at least 60/80 tickets before I start to fight another champion. Moreover, the fact that to avoid as much as possible to incur in the 24h cooldown you need to select the worst girls possible to face the champion isn't great at all.
All these things make champion performances tasks extremely annoying and problematic, not for new players only, that have unlocked only one/two champion (but this would comparable to girls associated to late game worlds), but for players that play the feature as efficiently as possible, too ("the right way", if you want), and advantage paying players (that's fair) and players that approach the feature in "the wrong way". These tasks are definitely in need of a redesign

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 3