[ 25-May-20 ] PoA Boobies Wars - Discussion

Multiple choice poll  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite girls

• Competitive Lola
    • Competitive Albane
    • Competitive Salem
    • Competitive Clarisse

I should almost definitely manage the first girl absolutely free. I didn't save up my tickets so it's not really possible for me to complete this event (which I understand is on me.) I'm fine just taking my one free girl and being better prepared for the next PoA.

If anyone's curious, I had 7 tickets at the beginning of the event and I'm now at 37/40 on the first champion battles mission, spending all my energy on tickets and obviously doing the villain fights. All I have to do is just not do champion battles anymore outside of these events and I should be able to complete PoAs from now on.

Edited by casket
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Darsca said:

So, my current take on the event:

Ok, let me try getting my perspective of things too (I'm not quoting your whole post to avoid it getting even longer but I'm refering to it in general):

On the events, I play freely and plan (and do) according to what is happening in league, contests and girl/event circumstances and try managing whatever resources I have to.

On the "task manager", I play restrictively, I follow the tasks as "scripted" and try not to mismanage resources (to me, the main problem is the volume/time is takes. If the tasks were softer, they could/should become flexible and I would be able to work around them. Of course, less volume would also mean much easier, I get it).

IMO, I prefer playing the former, just from a gameplay standpoint.

I fully agree with you that the first girl is definitely easy (or it should be barring some unique circumstances/exceptions), and while I don't think that we have to be entitled to the second girl, I still think that we should, at least, have a shot at it (which we do).

I'm actually going for it that way (no extra kobans used), as the challenge for me is that... avoid max mismanagement and get the two girls without expending extra kobans (other than the boosts that I already do from my usual planning/gameplay). Simply for personal reasons, the unlocking for 7200 kobans is a big no-no. My 2 favorite girls are actually the locked ones, which is fine and seems logical to me (if people wouldn't want them, why unlock it, right?).

Now, let's not also forget what this is replacing. An event where we probably would get several girls by a much lower cost (at least in principle). 

Additionally, again IMO, this is causing quite the unbalance in the events themselves in terms of duration/girls available/etc (Orgy Days are quietly becoming quite the feast, even if totally out of proportion with the rest of the month) but I won't get into that again here.

The leagues and competitiveness are off the charts (don't want to overreact here but, me personally, I notice quite the difference from the "rest of the time") with everyone being boosted more oftenly, which may or not be good, may or not make it harder to achieve those specific tasks (PVPs).

As a suggestion, which I tried before, I would just prefer something more flexible, where I could get the "task managing" done while not sacrificing my "free gameplay" that I had before (hey, if possible... who am I, just giving feedback).

I would see it as a plus-plus that this was a "side event" (I honestly consider it more a task manager), running beside the other events, which themselves would be more balanced, since they would have more time to play, like before (example: classic event, orgy days, epic/legendary days, one possible revival?/something alike + this going for whatever could be achievable in terms of balancing the tasks, girls, etc).

Finally, from a "fun" (or what we except expect we have to do) point of view, the current design for this is very unappealing to me. The idea itself is fresh and different, the execution just doesn't work for me.  

It's just a matter of doing tasks while being restricted on what I want/have to do at any given time, especially when I am forced to mismanage just well, because I have to lol Maybe I'm an exception in that regard that I don't get so much out of it, which is ok. We all have our preferences, I guess. I'm still playing it (since there's no options) and still hoping to get 2 girls, which is the objective, anyway :) 

As it is, I'll probably demote to D1, just to make it that much simpler to get through the army of PVPs I have to go through to get things done. We'll see who how/if the leagues will also be affected by this.

Anyway, hoping this doesn't offend anyone. It's my particular way of seeing things and giving some feedback on it. Not trying to force anything on anyone 👍 

All in the sake of argument :D 

Edited by Karyia
typos corrected
  • Like 4

And event done, all 4 girls obtained. Much better than the first path in terms of overall rewards, but hope it continues to see some improvement for #3 as it ain't perfect yet.

Plenty of time for people who didn't have the paid path to get things if they don't have issues with amount of tickets, that's the only true hurdle IMO. PVP wins is easily solved by frequent arena activity.

• Like 4

789311255_ScreenShot2020-05-28at1_42_11PM.png.c4642716023dbffdc5d41ff308027c23.png

Reached the last stage with plenty of time to go, gonna take it easy from now on.

Yes, unlocking that second path makes things really easy.

FTP player lvl 358 (not a whale, I don't even hv a monthly card). 

I started the event with 30 tickets, and with the last minute change I had to make up for 20 more during the event. I thought it was definitely achievable in 2-3 days, so I went for it and unlocked the second path. By the time I reached Stage 13, I had already collected 20 additional tickets.

I bungled stage 13 by thinking 24 hour cooldowns could prevent me from finishing on time. I nerfed a lot of my rotations to use the maximum of tickets on each champion. Now with the amount of time I have left, I don't think cooldowns would have prevent me from completing. So that's a little bit of inefficient play in terms of ticket-ymens conversion rate - you live and learn... note taken for next time. Which leads me to think that the length of time allotted does not necessarily force you to play inefficiently, I panicked and messed up a few things along the way because it's novel, in the end I still had ample time to still play normally and finish on time.

Overall, the rewards are much better for the koban price in POA2. 

Looking at the negative comments, I just feel like a lot of players just looked at it in the first 15 minutes and gave up. Timing is everything in this game, it's the same with how leagues and contests are designed, and a lot of these tasks can just be blitzed through with perfect timing. The second girl might not be accessible to low level players, but there's still other rewards along the way that will help them through the game, tickets, combat points, cash, orbs etc. Whether those are a fair trade off for a second girl is subject to your own opinion, but try your best in the time allotted, whatever stage you can reach is still better than disregarding the event completely because you are not happy with it.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Cantrix said:

Yep paying the kobans does make completing the whole path a lot easyer. I'd go as far as to say , that unless you pay the kobans you won't be able to finish the event in time without refilling for boss fights and/or league fights and champion fights. 

I agree paying makes it easier, but you don't need to pay to complete it, unless I'm sadly mistaken about my future expected progress. Right now, I'm on pace where I expected to be.

And to be clear, I am free to play. I have never spent money on this game, and doubt that I ever will. I'm also not in a club, so that certainly hurts PvP stuff - it may end up ebing my undoing in this event, but I don't think so.

Edited by Zteev

3 hours ago, Čamuga said:

You got 37 champion battles left in 4 days, I think you'll manage easily, it just might be tight for the PVP wins if u got promoted in the league :D 

That's what's got me worried.

It's time plus the window I have to get online and take care of things.

I need 41 hours, without refilling, to beat the final stage.

Fingers crossed! :)

Il y a 1 heure, Zamio a dit :

I started the event with 30 tickets, and with the last minute change I had to make up for 20 more during the event. I thought it was definitely achievable in 2-3 days, so I went for it and unlocked the second path. By the time I reached Stage 13, I had already collected 20 additional tickets.

This does not add up. You need 120 tickets, if you use both path, you have 60 tickets, so you need 60 more. You already have 30 tickets, so you miss 30 tickets, not 20.

Citation

Overall, the rewards are much better for the koban price in POA2.

Totally agreed.

Citation

Looking at the negative comments, I just feel like a lot of players just looked at it in the first 15 minutes and gave up. Timing is everything in this game, it's the same with how leagues and contests are designed, and a lot of these tasks can just be blitzed through with perfect timing. The second girl might not be accessible to low level players, but there's still other rewards along the way that will help them through the game, tickets, combat points, cash, orbs etc. Whether those are a fair trade off for a second girl is subject to your own opinion, but try your best in the time allotted, whatever stage you can reach is still better than disregarding the event completely because you are not happy with it.

Agree, but not all players complaining have gave up the event.

I will finish this event, though I still complain.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, test_anon said:

This does not add up. You need 120 tickets, if you use both path, you have 60 tickets, so you need 60 more. You already have 30 tickets, so you miss 30 tickets, not 20.

yes that's right. hmm... that would mean I made 30 tickets in less than 3 days.... Didn't seem that much, then again I lost track with all those combativity points.

I started with more than 50 tickets, now I have 20 left after the champions tasks, + 5 non-claimed tickets in the compet'.

This means that I could have finished this event by starting with ~25 tickets. I have ~4 days left, so yeah, I think this could have been done by starting with ~7 tickets + some unclaimed competitions tickets.

However, the champion task remain a pain in the ass, this takes a lot of time, and force us to level up them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

What is the stage-ten prize?  I earned it (and claimed it) but it doesn't show up in the Pachinko... 

Purple orbs are for the Event Pachinko, you'll have to wait for the Event Pachinko to be active in order to use them

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Darsca said:

Ah, I think you've misunderstood me slightly there. I was more referring to, working backwards in time: Buff to contest rewards, Orbs, Tower of Fame Categories and Leagues, Contests, Daily mission reward. So it was more about how there have been additions to the game over the years that created ways to earn Kobans (or the equivalent of in the case of Orbs) in game. I think those were all the major ones. When I started there was literally nothing except an occasional daily mission that awarded a handful of Kobans. That was it. If you wanted a girl from the Pachinko, you had to buy Kobans at full price. 

In fact, at the start there was nothing.
Missions only started a couple of months (I think it was October) after the game started >,<

As for the event:
Done on both accounts.
I'm not a fan of the new Lola look, but then again I wasn't a fan of Lola at all.
I think Clarisse is absolutely great.
Salem and Albane are nice too, but not as nice as Clarisse.

Edited by Chthugha
  • Like 2

Just now, GeorgeMTO said:

You complementing "Discount Red Battler"? Has hell frozen over?

By the lack of Red Battler, I will gravitate to the girl that reminds me most of Red Battler.
So who else than Discount Red Battler?

• Haha 5

If I am correct (not always a given) you get more for your 7,200 Kobans that two unlocked girls.  You also get unlocked items for each step completed.  So I tried to quantify the value of what you get for each step completed.  Values are based on my level and are rough estimates - If I did this wrong feel free to make corrections.  And bear in mind that the values I assigned are based on cost to acquire items, not my perception of their value (e.g. Champion Tickets seem way expensive/overvalued to me, but I used their cost in this exercise.

20 Energy (40 Kobans)

35 Combativity (380 Kobans)

1 10 Game Great Pachinko (10M Ymens)

30 Champions Tickets (3,420 Kobans)

5.28M Ymens

1 3 Game Mythic Pachinko (940 Kobans)

1 4 Game Event Pachinko (?)

5 1Game Epic Pachinko (2,700 Kobans)

So by my math for 7,200 Kobans you get two girls and items worth 7,480 Kobans, 15M Ymens and the Event Pachinko I didn't know the value of.

I'm not trying to change anyone's minds about the event.  I just wanted to know what I would be getting.  Once I did it I wanted to know if my math/logic is off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChyldeRoland said:

I'm not trying to change anyone's minds about the event.  I just wanted to know what I would be getting.  Once I did it I wanted to know if my math/logic is off. 

Your math isn't off, although there's definitely a big distinction between things in terms of their direct Koban value and what most players  actually value them at. Personally, I'd never buy any of the extra rewards offered there for actual Kobans by themselves. On the other hand, considering I get girls on the regular from Epic Pachinko for 5400 Kobans when Orbs won't suffice for clearing it, getting two for 7200 already seems like a great deal as the 'premium' girls of this event. By the way, the Event 4-game orb is worth 1800 Kobans.

• Like 5

For 7200 kobans and some annoying jumping through hoops on the sequence timing etc the rewards for the event are actually pretty good compared to other events.   I think what lets the event down is the big jump between getting the easy girl + early rewards, and paying 7200 to get everything else due to the ticket paywall (unless you started with a lot of tickets and many champions unlocked to manage cooldowns).  

It would be a lot better imo if structured in a way that had several separate tier paths each with harder challenges and bigger rewards.   For example, if there were four tiers of challenges, all separate, and all costing kobans apart from tier 1 which is free.   Each tier had the same challenges, eg champion fights, but just higher requirements to complete them.  Tier 4 could still cost 7200, with 2 and 3 at a lower price point.   You choose which tier you want to unlock, and the higher ones automatically unlock all the ones below.  And you could upgrade your tier for the difference in price at any time, if you were doing better than expected.

This would mean anyone unlocking Tier 4 would have an event that plays out the same as the current one, but it would also mean players that were less prepared, lower level etc could choose to unlock Tier 2 or Tier 3 and get a more appropriate set of challenges and rewards, and still feel they actually completed the event by finishing their tier.   And of course there would remain the incentive for some players to spend cash to go for higher tiers than they could otherwise achieve, which is what Kinkoid hope to accomplish with the ticket paywall.  But it would feel like more of a choice to do that rather than feel like a necessity, which judging from the reactions in the forums makes it feel a bit of a slap in the face to some players.

Edited by Ben9
  • Like 5

• Community Manager

I rarely give opinions about the girl's quality, but this time I just love art.
Especially Salem,  her affection scene are...something else 😍😈

To the topic - I've read a few opinions, some feedback (not all of it tbh). 
My personal thoughts are that it's a bit difficult to balance between challenge and accessibility for both old and new players. 

I will get back to you again when I cover all of the feedback. 

• Like 11

The actual mechanics of this event aren't too bad. The worst thing about it is it happened immediately after the legendary event where you're encourage to blow all your kobans meaning you might not have 7200 for the unlock.

I'm not constantly logged in, so I'm not always grinding champions so I have a stockpile of tickets; money is primarily valuable to me for buying affection items and promoting girls so I always have a huge backlog of inventory items;  the way leagues are structured you're encouraged not to get promoted as you get better rewards in the top of a bracket than the low to to mid range of the higher one so it shouldn't be too hard to win PVP fights. 

Yeah, if you're someone constantly logged in and grinding the game or brand new I could see a couple of issues. But as a F2P my biggest regret is that I dumped most of my kobans the week before in legendary days. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 7:18 PM, Fiel said:

I just hope people followed my advice about saving up tickets. I did what I could to give my tips, the rest is up to you guys.

I'll be honest, didn't see your advice. 

But because I'm lazy and don't feel like putting the poses together all the time, ever since getting the last girl I don't do champions anymore so I have over 300 tickets. Guess this time they reward lady players. 😉😬

1 hour ago, Noacc said:

I rarely give opinions about the girl's quality, but this time I just love art.
Especially Salem,  her affection scene are...something else 😍😈

Ah, you're just trying to sell the 7200 kobans option. 🤔😋

• Haha 3