[ 25-May-20 ] PoA Boobies Wars - Discussion

Multiple choice poll  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite girls

• Competitive Lola
    • Competitive Albane
    • Competitive Salem
    • Competitive Clarisse

When you can afford the 7.2k koban upfront, the event isn't really hard, just a bit challenging in terms of time management. And it's even relatively fun. The value of this edition compared to PoA 1 is actually pretty good. The right column is doable without kobans, but much tougher for sure, unless you happen to have finished the champions long ago and have tons of stashed tickets. So the 7.2k kobans more or less gives you 3 girls (and all the extra bonuses) rather than just 2.

However, if they go back to the 1 girl per column format for PoA 3 (or maybe it'll be called PoA 2, since this one seems to be a special edition with its own title)... That's not enough value for the kobans imho. And beyond that, obviously, except for players at the top of the foodchain in high leagues (and fairly big RM spenders), it's not a realistic expectation to have 7200 kobans on hand every month on top of all the kobans you need for the events (although again veteran players typically don't need to spend as much on OD compared to more recent players, so maybe they can afford it, especially if they're also winning big in league regularly).

Not a bad event in and of itself. I even enjoyed it and I feel I got a lot of value for the price. But I don't plan on spending RM on the game every month so I can afford it regularly, and I'm neither a veteran player nor a high-level big league winner, so I won't be able to do this more than every few months. So if it stays a monthly thing, I'll have to settle for the free pass version most of the time (which isn't that bad, all in all).

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JAVhero said:

Shouldn't this be 4 girls instead of 3 girls?

The first girl is achievable without unlocking the bonus rewards. Some people need those bonus rewards to complete the final challenge, so for them the koban cost gives them three of the four girls.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Batman1000 said:

The champion performance thing feels like another big paywall. Even if you get 20 tickets for the event, you only have 5 days to gather the other 60. That's more than 7.200 kobans. It's like 100€ to get all the girls in the event. If that's how this is going to be that's fine, but it doesn't feel like it's being honest.

Yes.  It seems very tough for newbies, especially in the Leagues, round two.  If they stick with the arena as an option they only get three tries and then have to wait 30 min for a refresh of selections.  It can also be tough accumulating enough low value equipment to sell when you're just starting out.

20 minutes ago, MCP said:

The first girl is achievable without unlocking the bonus rewards. Some people need those bonus rewards to complete the final challenge, so for them the koban cost gives them three of the four girls.

But with 7.2k kobans spent to complete the final challenge you can grab 4 girls instead of just 1, if you can't finish the final one.

9 hours ago, Zamio said:

are you really ignore it every month?

Hi Zamio,

I think that's the wrong question. At least, for me it is. For me the question is: am i going to adapt the way I play the game and save up books, tickets, yemen so I can do the Event?

Answer from me is a clear NO. Sure, I will save some more grey items, and the yemen amount I need for the first stage seems like an amount I could have. So I'll probably clear the first 2, 3 stages. But will I spend tickets on champions purposely dumbing down my performance so I can blow 80 of them without running into the cooldown? Nah, thanks. Will I save up more money then i've ever seen in-game so I can do the event to the last stage? Neh.

I'm just beginning on the fourth champion, I want to both grind him to dust for being an arrogant <beep> and to take his girl 5 star legendary girl. I'm happy I can do his first stage in 19-20 tickets! Yey! Look at me, I beat you, you <beeeeeeeeeep> :D. He'll probably take revenge by awarding me a theme after my first victory :D. Blowing 80 tickets at a stage would give me no satisfaction at all. Gah, that's 80 times a 15 min cooldown between tickets. I'll stop playing this game if that becomes a requirement.

It is easy to get drawn into a game, and an event like this, and at some point you're getting stressed by events, wondering if you can make it in time, taking the tablet to work so you can catch up during lunch break, etc. And you forget why you started this game: FUN!

I am having more fun ignoring the event and trying my best on Champion 4, then I would have watching 80 tickets go down the drain. Is it more efficient or does it give better results to play the event for as far as i can? Maybe? Probably. More fun? Neh.

Again though, I really am happy ignoring it. It was a bit of an eye-openen to me. Hey, I don't have to try-hard everything that comes along. My "complaints" is more feedback to KK. I'm ok with sitting this one out and letting others have their fun. Now, if this was the only way to get 5 star legendary girls, I'd be trying much harder, both at the event and at screaming at KK :D.

Have fun!

Edited by Benefuci
wrong champion nummer
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Benefuci said:

I think that's the wrong question. At least, for me it is. For me the question is: am i going to adapt the way I play the game and save up books, tickets, yemen so I can do the Event?

Answer from me is a clear NO. Sure, I will save some more grey items, and the yemen amount I need for the first stage seems like an amount I could have. So I'll probably clear the first 2, 3 stages. But will I spend tickets on champions purposely dumbing down my performance so I can blow 80 of them without running into the cooldown? Nah, thanks. Will I save up more money then i've ever seen in-game so I can do the event to the last stage? Neh.

Fair enough. You are free to play the way you want to.

I agree that the champion task requires some changes - just like the spending tasks, it needs to be made level dependent, and I hope KK does listen on this.

Only a word of advice, you can take it or ignore it as you wish, if that will spoil your enjoyment of the game.

The issue of hoarding/saving only represents an initial roadblock for the first month for most players. After that initial month, it's just like managing a monthly paycheck instead of a daily one. And that monthly paycheck turns out to be way more valuable than the 30 daily paychecks added together, so at least, if you feel you are being hindered in other parts of the game, you are still receiving some compensation for it - whether it's worth it or not is subject to your level and your personal opinion.

The Path gives you more in-game resources for completing it than you have to spend (and spending does not have to be futile spending - buying stats, upgrading girls etc). 

you get combativity points = more ymens/more shards on normal boss girls

you get tickets= more ymens/ progress on the champs (this one isn't as clearcut for everyone, it's largely level dependent whether you are better off, the way it is currently required)

you get energy= albeit a ridiculous amount but it' still better than nothing

Epic / GP / Mythic Orbs = Chance to get Girls/Equipment/Shards/Affection items 

Not to mention the possibilities that these things open up for you in other departments of the game - Orbs especially, if you use them well at an appropriate time, you can win contests not spending anything in ymens. And combativity points you don't have to use them all straight away to speed your progress, you can save them for later use when you have a villain contest on, during the event.

Compare that to leveling up in an era where there were no shards, no champions, no orbs, where fully upgraded girls gave you 516 ymens per collection point, when you get 24 kobans for winning a contest.. everything suddenly becomes very attractive.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Zamio said:

.. everything suddenly becomes very attractive. 

You forgot to add this 7200 Koban thing here - without spending 7200 Kobans, the rewards you mentinoed are not that attractive (at least not for me).

I'm now at 0 champion tickets instead of having a nice stack to play with. Burning 80 Tickets for ~150k Money each is not what i'm calling "attractive". Getting 35 combativity points and 20 energy is also almost "nothing".

For me the only valuable rewards are the 2 orbs (the green and the purple one) and the 2 girls (maybe).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Benefuci said:

But will I spend tickets on champions purposely dumbing down my performance so I can blow 80 of them without running into the cooldown?

Though I'm sure this is quite different across players, it doesn't necessarily have to be that way.

I'm playing it like I usually do. Yes, I'll wait for the cooldowns. And yes, I'm adding prior/lower champs to the "rotation" instead of focusing only on the ones I'd usually play.

But I'm not "dumbing down" at all. Of course, I'm lucky to have all 6 champions available, so that adds more flexibility to me.

But don't get me wrong. I think 80 is a very exagerated number for that task :S 

At least, the yemen department improves considerably, so it's not a waste (and I'll clear a couple of stages that I would anyway)! 🙄

• Like 1

I think the amount of tickets is quite "high" but I have to see I  can't see it being lowered much without making it trivial. What should be done is give more "options", so that players can actively hunt for tickets instead of finding a rare ticket here and there.

• Like 1

4 girl version of event done yesterday with 3 1/2 days to go.

Overall I stand by my mid-event evaluation. Ok/good event, mix of good and annoying. Easy for a late game player to complete.

I nerfed big time vs the champs, took about 30 hrs total for the 80 champ fights, completed 4 champs, suffered one champ 24 hr regen, and ended up having to fight a last 12 battles while nerfed to reset the last champ (don't ask, my oopsie). Next time I will try not nerfing vs champs, suffer through 1 or 2 24 hr cool-downs, and see if I can still complete.

I was surprised to see how the event affected my reserves.

• Cash: 300M -> 550M
  • Champ tickets: 250 -> 230
  • Kobans: 18K -> 13K

Good luck to everyone still chipping away.

• Like 4

Well I got to the 3rd? last of the path of attraction, only issue I found here is that despite weakening my offensive traits enough. I still TKO One Round the first three, now four, champions too quickly. I think I maybe able to complete the first path, not enough Kobans saved for the other path. Though I'm mostly saving for the return of Valentina.

4 hours ago, JAVhero said:
4 hours ago, MCP said:

But with 7.2k kobans spent to complete the final challenge you can grab 4 girls instead of just 1, if you can't finish the final one.

I'm not sure what's the phrasing that seemed unclear to you in my previous post. The premium path includes 2 girls in its rewards, that you simply cannot get at all unless you purchase it. This is where the "2" came from in my statement. Additionally, the double rewards along the way compared to just the free path make the 2nd girl of the free path much easier to get, even though she's technically obtainable without purchasing the premium path. That's where the "3" came from in my statement: the 2 premium path girls + the second free path girl = "3 girls instead of just 2" (buying it more or less results in getting 3 girls that a number of players wouldn't have been able to get without buying it, even though 1 of them is technically in the free pass).

TL;DR: We're saying the same thing, just phrased differently (in your post above, that is; I still have no idea what you initially meant by "4 girls instead of 3 girls?", and it doesn't really matter). I hope this is clearer now. Cheers.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Thanks 2

@DvDivXXX

What i mean is: when you're able to get the 2nd girl on the right path without spending 7200 kobans (and thus without gaining the bonus tickets), then you should also be able to get all 4 girls with spending the 7200 kobans.

1 girl: because you can't get to the final girl for whatever reason
2 girls: because you can get the final girl without spending the 7200 kobans - or you spent 7200 kobans, but don't get to the final girl for whatever reason
4 girls: because you did spent the 7200 kobans and finished the event

The 3 girls reward was confusing me, because that means: you spent 7200 kobans and finished the event, so you can grab all 4 girls 🤔

Edited by JAVhero
added 2 girls reward, 2nd possibility
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, JAVhero said:

The 3 girls reward was confusing me, because that means: you spent 7200 kobans and finished the event, so you can grab all 4 girls 🤔

Yeah. I'm counting the number of additional girls spending the 7200 can give you (that's 2 if you would have been able to finish the free path without it, and 3 if you needed the extra rewards from the premium path to reach the finish line and grab the 2nd girl from the free path). Instead, you're counting the total number of girls you end up with in various scenarios, so you always add +1 since you also count the first girl from the free path (I don't because basically anyone except for a really new player can grab her in 7 days, whether they buy the premium path or not, so she's a given).

Anyway. That's a phrasing-based misunderstanding. Nothing to worry about.

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2020 at 7:30 AM, TeeJay said:

I second George's opinion here.

As a F2P player, I'm progressing along fairly well.

I will note that I do have a lot of stuff stored up, ticks, low end items, etc. I haven't spent Kobans on refreshing anything.

I will also note that I'm fortunate that I have two days off from work during this event during which I can spend my free time doing the champions battles. I'll be reaching the final tier tonight or tomorrow morning.

The hardest part for me is the PvP wins. I'm getting terrible (i.e. higher rated) opponents in the Arena so most of my PvP wins comes from the Tower.

I also agree with those who spoke negatively about selling items. I don't mind spending in-game money but having to sacrifice items, especially large quantities of them, does feel like a purposeful attempt by the Devs to get us to empty our inventory. On the other hand, I'm not sure what they (the Devs) would use in place of those two tiers for challenges.

I can second nearly all of that (or is it "third" then? ¬¬). 

I'm also F2P and I'm currently only 6 PVP wins away from finishing the Path!

I had accumulated around 100 tickets before this event, mainly from the tons of refills in the Orgy and Legendary days. I usually spend them once a week with fighting the last 2 Champs (Visor and Alban) I haven't completed yet. That usually takes 50-60 tickets. Normally I would have fought them last weekend but I waited for this Event, because Champion fights were also an element in the first PoA event. But I honestly wouldn't have anticipated the amount of tickets needed this time around! I can understand that this is too much for a lot of other players.

I just made a little mistake going into the 80 tickets battle ... I boosted up because Stage 6 Visor (with 3 matching poses this time!) and Stage 5 Alban are really tough for me and require lots of tickets. But so this time it took me "only" 62 tickets to beat them and I had to fight 3 more other Champs, that I already had completed all stages, to spend the other 18 tickets required. 9_9

PvP wins are usually not a problem for me, although I consider myself rather on the weaker side compared to other players of my level (353), since I don't spend much on stats upgrade but more on my girls ... but I regularly finish in the 16-30 range in Dicktator II.

Especially the timing for Task XI. (Defeat 60 players in PvP) was rather unfortunate for me because it fell on the last day of the league week, where I usually don't have any opponents left I can beat. So it took a little bit longer than usual ...

What I also don't understand and definitely don't like is the "Sell Items" tasks ... compared to fighting villains, Champs or PvP this is usually not something you do to compete, right?

Normally I immediately sell equipment I don't need but after having to sell gifts (just grey, but nevertheless) in the first PoA event, I stopped selling any Pachinko rewards I didn't need which cluttered up my Inventory quite a bit, but this time I was able to fulfill both Sell Items taks with only the collected equipment and I still have left some. Also included were many Legendary equipments from the Epic Pachinko orbs, that gave me quite a bit of cash. But still: I don't like that very much.

Being F2P I save my hardly earned Kobans and decide very carefully how to spend them (nowadays mostly on combat refills in Revivals or  Orgy / Epic / Legendary Days. And honestly I wish I could get back the Kobans I spent on 3 or 4 10x EP before they introduced the orbs!). I didn't spend the 7.200 Kobans in the first PoA event because I thought of it as too expensive for only 1 girl (maybe if she would have had 5 stars, but even then ...) and yes of course the other stuff you get, I know. This time things look a bit different ... getting 2 guaranteed girls out of it makes the price halfway acceptable and although I spent big in the Orgy and Legendary days, I have enough Kobans left and will still afterwards not be completely broke, so I think this time I will pay for the Bonus rewards!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, pulli23 said:

I think the amount of tickets is quite "high" but I have to see I  can't see it being lowered much without making it trivial. What should be done is give more "options", so that players can actively hunt for tickets instead of finding a rare ticket here and there.

A suggestion I posted on Discord was that they could spread out the rewards differently between the two paths, so that e.g. instead of 20+20 tickets on Task XI it's 30 tickets on the free path and only 10 on the paid, but also instead of 5+5 epic orbs it could be only 3 for free and 7 for the paid rewards. In other words, more task resources for everybody so free players can clear the path more easily, and in exchange more rewards with koban(-equivalent) value for the battle pass.

Of course, that would disadvantage resourceful F2P players in order to help those who aren't so resourceful, so it's unlikely to find universal approval either.

Edited by _shal_

5 minutes ago, pulli23 said:

I find tasks that reward "advantages" at next task silly. Especially when they have to be done in order anyways: at that point why not just make the task shorter and skip the reward.

Mostly because making the task longer means that more gameplay effort is required of the players, I presume.

bw.jpg.381bf19e3088055ac0cb06789b5ebd1a.jpg

So the event is over and I can now share some numbers.

Kobans has been spent - 7200.

Now let's calculate the most difficult stage with the tickets.

I only had three tickets at the beginning of the event.  (3 in total)

Tickets received from energy +15 (18 in total)  (1 ticket = 60 energy)

Daily tickets +9 (27 in total) (give 3 tickets once a day if you have less than 7, because I know my time I was guessing the number)

Tickets from daily missions +5 (total 32) (daily there are 3 epic missions from each chance of getting a ticket 40%)

Winning contests +10 (42 in total)

Tickets from bosses +19 (61 in total)

Was it difficult? - It wasn't.
Did you have to play more than usual? - Yes, but not much.
Could it have been faster? - I could have spent the kobans or set the alarm for sleeping time, but it didn't take me long to see that I could do it without it.
Would you have been able to collect 90 tickets? - Probably, yes, I collected 60 tickets in 4 days, +30 to collect it 2 more days and a day for the last stage.
How many tickets will you have before the next event of this type? - 100+

Conclusion - you can finish the event without paying to the game and having few tickets on the beginning, but to do this you need to be high enough and be able to periodically distract for the game once in 15/30 minutes to do different routine like fighting the arena, champions, bosses and so on.

Edited by Lemus
  • Like 2

Th requires winning contests: I've been unable to do so for a long time. (Like seriously where do people get 8k energy spent/16k xp two times in a row from?). Also what do you mean "tickets from bosses"? - Different than from energy?

1 minute ago, pulli23 said:

Th requires winning contests: I've been unable to do so for a long time. (Like seriously where do people get 8k energy spent/16k xp two times in a row from?). Also what do you mean "tickets from bosses"? - Different than from energy?

It's battles with the trolls of the worlds where tickets fall.

I finished the event and obtained the 2nd girl a little while ago. No koban used. There's still plenty of time left, so I guess I was worried for nothing.

Now, I think I'd like to unlock the second set of rewards, because after all, the event is called "Boobies Wars", and as everyone know : Tits are life (ass is hometown).

Unfortunately, I don't have enough Koban right now. If I managed to win one contest before the end of the event, with the 150 we get every day from the quests, I could afford it, but I pretty much never win those contests...

• Like 4