[ 25-Jun-20 ] Legendary Contests - Discussion

FinderKeeper

3 minutes ago, jelom said:

The contest end time was clearly indicated in the timer of the contest, and was also noted here in the forum in this and other threads

The first time a contest has ended early clearly done on purpose to try and stop people from sniping top places not even 5% of the players come to the forums.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

"clearly"  :P

I'm sure that if I had studied the timer I would have noticed, but I didn't. Lesson learned. I guess it's smart to make this stress point on the server separate from the regular deadline to prevent lag or worse. Still, it could have been mentioned in the announcement I got pop up twice for the event? Well, water under the bridge...

• Like 1

Just now, natstar said:

The first time a contest has ended early clearly done on purpose to try and stop people from sniping top places not even 5% of the players come to the forums.

or, maybe, it was done because of their MASSIVE server lag? even with it ending earlier, the lag was insane :D Besides, you have/had an in game timer that shows exactly how long the contest lasts, and for once I agree with jelom, people had all the info they needed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, natstar said:

clearly done on purpose to try and stop people from sniping

I highly doubt this, more sniping = more kobans spent = more money for kinkoid.

But regardless of reason, they did a pretty shit job of notifying players of the early end.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

I was hoping for top 1, of course, but, according to the last minutes circumstances, was okayish with top 4 finish 😀 The top guy was at 101k, top 4 was at 73k 5 minutes before the end. I was 5th at 58k. I was waiting until the last 2,5-3 minutes, if the first guy or somebody else from the top 4 would start scoring to decide whether to go for top 1, or go for top 4. I was planning to do refills for ~ 80-85k points quickly and check the standings. But just about time, when I started to smash refill\execute x15 button, a huge server lag appeared. So I couldn't check the standings anymore, I had to act. I calculated the number of refills to beat top 1 guy with 101k beforehand, so in this "stress" situation I decided to stick to the plan and did the calculated refills (well, frankly, when I was doing them through the lag I was just doing as much refills as I could, but I was counting them 😃 and, luckily, did the planned amount). I was in pure dark about my opponents actions, but, luckily, they just decided to do nothing (or couldn't do anything because of the lag). I finished doing everything just in time, at the very last 10-5 seconds.

Pure luck. 😀

Sounds reasonable. My solution to this is have different game pages in different tabs. Of course, playing this on a desktop has it's advantages, and that's one of them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, miliallia said:

I hope it's enough to let me stay in top 4.

Screenshot (34).png

really ahah answer us What the hell is that combativity mate? XD seems that someone was pessimist about the first 2 days of contest and want to have a b plan for the 3rd day XD

• Haha 1

Just now, Xemnas said:

really ahah answer us What the hell is that combativity mate? XD seems that someone was pessimist about the first 2 days of contest and want to have a b plan for the 3rd day XD

May god have mercy on the poor souls that end up bracketing with him tomorrow 😂
this actually brings up an interesting idea- due to how PoA and Legendary contests are absolutely insane with the amount of prep you need to have BEFORE the event itself even starts, this might actually be a valid strat. Hell, I wouldnt be surprised if some of the spenders/people that dont care about kobans did a shitload of missions and collect none of them so that they could stomp in XP contests...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Coming back to the second day of the contests, the Pachinko and Ymen Donation one. Did I said two days ago that 500 M Ymens would suffice? Perhaps I was a bit short.

One player has spent 250 M in the first hour!              

Well, now I don't have to hold back anymore thinking on the league 😈

image.png.4723b062847c20d92b55e6d117d593b9.png

• Haha 6

Just now, jelom said:

Coming back to the second day of the contests, the Pachinko and Ymen Donation one. Did I said two days ago that 500 M Ymens would suffice? Perhaps I was a bit short.

Evil Kermit is the shithead inside us all

Yes, yeeeeeees! Do it, embrace the dark side! 🤣

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

May god have mercy on the poor souls that end up bracketing with him tomorrow 😂
this actually brings up an interesting idea- due to how PoA and Legendary contests are absolutely insane with the amount of prep you need to have BEFORE the event itself even starts, this might actually be a valid strat. Hell, I wouldnt be surprised if some of the spenders/people that dont care about kobans did a shitload of missions and collect none of them so that they could stomp in XP contests...

I've saved up combativity from the league and that free pack we got one time for an event a few days later before. It's valid.

3 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

Hell, I wouldnt be surprised if some of the spenders/people that dont care about kobans did a shitload of missions and collect none of them so that they could stomp in XP contests...

There were actually a couple of regulars on the Discord doing this exact thing. When you consider the amount of Kobans spent for  league refills vs the amount of Kobans lost from not completing dailies, it ends up being roughly the same sort of point value per Koban.

As for myself, my main snuck into top 25 with no Kobans spent on this first day. All according to keikaku. And apparently I wasn't being too optimistic with my alt. Filya got on day one (3rd place position) also with no Kobans spent. I guess I'll collect some Mythic orbs there...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jelom said:

image.png.4723b062847c20d92b55e6d117d593b9.png

I am now 5th with 34.000 points. XD Was 1st for about 10 minutes. 

You're right. 500 million isn't going to be enough. 😂

hace 22 minutos, DHarry dijo:

Yennefer is going to be so pissed with me. ;) 

Thank god it's Triss and not Yennefer, I'd have to use real money to get her in that case 😜

Edited by Kenrae
  • Haha 1

Ok, so first impressions of this event:

Pros:
+ Filya is great. Fantastic art! Just wish the rest looked like that!

Cons:
- I don't like competing with other players for girls, even though it is pretty easy. I got Filya first day, spent about 1200 kobans. Probably didn't have to do that but I don't want the stress.

This event was not as bad as I feared, but I much prefer the POA myself were I am not dependent on what other players do.

Great kinkiod that you are trying new things and developing the game! Pssst, perhaps some new champions?

6 minutes ago, pulli23 said:

So I was trying to snipe a top 4 spot this morning: and suddenly the servers lagged out 5 minutes before the timer ended? Just random timeout preventing me from sending or clicking anything.

Probably because there were a lot of other players also trying to snipe.