[ 01-Nov-20 ] Lost Souls Carnival - Discussion

FinderKeeper

Servers acting up. Dare I say 'possessed'?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Rate New Girls

• /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Carnival Bimbette. Meh
    • \________________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • . Carnival Akama. Meh
    • \_______________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Sue. Meh
    • \___/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Carnival Riley. Meh
    • \____________/ Yucky
  2. 2. Rate New Girls

• /¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Ronda. Meh
    • \_____/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Carnival Gossy. Meh
    • \______________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Alisandra. Meh
    • \________/ Yucky
    • /¯¯\ Faptastic!
    • .Yui. Meh
    • \__/ Yucky

image.png.9fe097e8a3cba2ee3a683f46221d3ac8.png

Got her with two free EP orbs - second try (in Peckerbird).  She improves with poses.  I'm not sure about the green hair, but she definitely improves along the way as I upgraded her affection.  I haven't even checked what class she is yet, but to score the legendary girl is a plus.

I got Riley in this account so I'm quite pleased.  The shards just dropped like a shower for her; I was stunned.

How are you all going?

image.png.ce7f6021adcb701a9db2ce6e85bcc4ce.png

This time I got the x100 for Sue in this account. I haven't had one of these in ages,but Silvanus felt generous!  For me she's not the most appealing (I'd love to get Alisandra), but a girl is a girl, even Gork or Natasha.  She might improve unmasked, though,  like Yui did.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add image
  • Like 8

Oh no!!  Here it is the next day and my last post is still the last.  C'mon guys?  Wakey wakey!  But I guess for me being right on the International Date Line means that most members on this forum are now either alseep or have other urgent tasks to do.

Anyway, even though I quite like the captured girls for this event, I'll resist the temptation to spend kobans to refresh combativity this time.  I'm doing well in most accounts so far and I want to keep going that way.

Good luck everybody!

4 hours ago, jelom said:

@Zorba the Geek all people is busy with the seasons now and they will not post their comments and results of the classic event until the last day.

Yeah, I know.  I was kinda joking - inappropriately as usual.  And I guess for Americans and some Europeans, Thanksgiving is fast approaching, then there was the American Presidential Election that's been occupying everyone's minds.  I'm not taking part in the Season of the Rose if that's what you meant.  I just don't have the time.  As is my usual pattern I might get around to it much later on if I get bored.

5 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I'm not taking part in the Season of the Rose if that's what you meant.

it really takes 2 minutes three times a day to use your kisses if you are not worried about wins and losses, but perhaps you took the good decision not starting it the first days to avoid the stronger opponents when they had your mojo level. If you start it now it should be easier to advance and get some rewards.

• Thanks 1

Last month I got the three girls without refilling. I knew that kind of luck wasn't normal, so this month's situation is somewhat expected: I only have one girl and 20 shards for a second one. I hope my drops increase a little at least.

I managed to get my first girl today, Carnival Akama. My numbers (fights/shards): 42/0 (terible start, but it improved) + 54/39 + 49/32 + 48/19 + 28/14 = 221 fights for 104 shards, plus 35 shards for Sandra, Gruntt's tier 3 girl.

We'll see how long it takes Donatien to let Riley join my harem.

• Like 1

This is going really well for me so far. I carried some Combativity in, but I wasn't able to save it all from PoA. I went first for Akama, and was around 50 shards I think when I got a 100x drop.

I now have Sue sitting at 96 shards, and am now working on Riley, but also had Valicta to get from the boss. Valicta just dropped with a couple extra gifts to boot, so things are close to done for me - Riley is at 77 shards. Needing 27 shards in 3+ days should mean I get a day off or more from the event at the end.

• Like 1

I don't normally share pics of wins but I really wanted to share the one below.

Now, I usually use the x10 combat option as I either don't have a lot of time to sit through the laggy combat loadings or I'm just too plain tired to wait on it all.

So, the results below are from a x10

1083763334_bigwinsmall2.jpg.b1f4e41b8318402e45c3de2a73383cdf.jpg

I'm not sure if I got a ton of great drops or I hit the magically 100 shard drop but that's quite a win and I think I did all of it within 50 battles with no refills.

Also, that ends this contests collection of girls.

• Like 7

On 11/1/2020 at 2:47 PM, Sir Fuck-a-Lot said:

I entered the event with 95 saved up combativity and started with fighting Gruntt, because I already had his tier 3 girl Sandra at 76%.

After doing the 95 battles I now have 51% of Akama and 92% of Sandra!

Meanwhile I have 97% of Akama (and completed Sandra) and 92% of Sue. Now let's see how far I can get with Riley in the remaining 3 days ...

Edited by Sir Fuck-a-Lot
  • Like 2

I haven't been busting my guts to get these girls this time (ie, not spending kobans to refresh combativity).  It's interesting to observe how things are panning out: - in this account it looks like I'll get all three girls (plus Bimbette) without much trouble, but in two other accounts I'm yet to get a girl because of lousy shard drops (of low value).  In this account getting Sue with a x100 drop helped enormously.  I seriously want to build my koban count.

I can only comment on one Pachinko girl - Yui.  She's quite appealing, but her green hair colour is oddly extreme, like an iridescent green bird.  From what I can make out of Ronda, she has amazing eyes, a bit like Violet's from the previous event.  The artist really knows how to draw blue eyes.

I've never been much of a fan of Akama, but in this version she is very cute.  The dark flower hair accessory with its skull features is a very nice touch.  The artists are pretty good at this sort of feature now, and it's quite subtly executed.

One of the great bonuses of this event was being able to win over Sandra in two accounts and Valicta in another.  These two girls are especially gorgeous.

Less than 24 hours to finish this event and, while I'm close with 88 shards, I'm still trying to get my second girl from the bosses. That 0 from the first day has been a really ballast that's made this event harder than usual.

Anyway, I hope we all get the girls we're trying to get these last hours.

• Like 2

Got both Akama and Riley but I had to do 2 refreshes to stay on pace for today. Currently 88/100 for Sue so I should be able to do it today. 

EDIT: Ok I got the shards in literally the next 2 fights I did since posting this. Just a matter of getting the last mission done in several hours and I'm golden. 

Edited by DisgustingMarsupial
  • Like 3

Hi all.  Well, for me, with 15hours left I have managed to recruit Carnival Riley, Carnival Akama, and the curvy gift/event girl Carnival Bimbette. Overall another fun relaxing event.

With 15 hours left I'll just use my remaining combativity to recruit the 5 star girl on Karole level 1.  Good luck everybody.

• Like 5

End of the event for me too. I got all the "free" girls. I used the poa points (ofc otherwise is impossible), this time i was ultra lucky with the shards drop: i got a full Riley and 9 Akama shards on the first day!!! It won't ever happen again XD. I was very happy to find out that Sue is Lida Yadomaru from bleach, i must admit that i didn't recognize her from her first pose. In the end a very good event for me, i like all the girls and my favourite one is Riley this time. Good luck for the upcoming epic days and for the end of this one to who still need some drops.

• Like 3

Finished this event in this account.  However, what a contrast to my other accounts where I have yet to get a second rescue girl in any of these - very low shard drops, but then I haven't bought any refills so I can't complain.  Getting up to 3000 kobans from only a few hundred in each account has been a bonus, and also thanks to placing in a few contests.

I can't complain, either, because I added Sanda (two accounts) and Valicta (one account) thanks to the villains these girls were placed with.

I've gone back to trying for Mercy in this account.  She's on 85 shards, but Finalmecia has now levelled up to 522(!).  This means that I'm forced to use boosters to progress.  I will do this because I've been lusting after Mercy ever since she became available.  The only trouble is I've run out of freely won legendary ginseng and cordyceps boosters and it'll cost me 90 kobans each to buy more.  Has anyone noticed how seldom are MP orbs dished out in Places of Power these days with a glut of useless (for me) champions tickets instead.?  And in MP, I'm delivered an oversupply of damn avatars I'll never use!  Of the boosters, chlorella are most dropped and these offer me little change in stats I find useful.  It's all by design, of course - the least valuable items are dropped the most.

How did everyone do?  Congrats to those who got lucky and my condolences to those who bummed out like me in my other accounts.  I have time left, of course, and maybe two more rounds (40 performances) with maybe a minor refill in each of these other accounts.

One criticism I do have of this and some other previous classic events, I feel very sorry for the newbies who do not get much of a chance to try for the rescue girls.  Only Akama would've been within reach.  With so many ways for the advanced players to earn cash these days, the argument that we are forced to battle miserly Dark Lord or Ninja Spy hardly applies now.  Give the newbies a fair go!  I, for one, do not mind battling Dark Lord, or even up to Edwarda, especially with the Tier system in place.

22 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Has anyone noticed how seldom are MP orbs dished out in Places of Power these days with a glut of useless (for me) champions tickets instead.?  And in MP, I'm delivered an oversupply of damn avatars I'll never use!  Of the boosters, chlorella are most dropped and these offer me little change in stats I find useful.  It's all by design, of course - the least valuable items are dropped the most.

I haven't noticed that at all. The data points to PoP dropping Tickets, MP Orbs, and GPx10  orbs in roughly even amounts, I think it's very reasonable to work out the chences as 30% each, plus 10% for the girl shards. 

It's very possible that PoP gives one tickets if there is no girl left to get, and while the data is pointing that way, it's very early. 82 drop reports isn't a big enough sample size to make any remotely definitive statement about. If girl shards are found to convert to tickets, that could change the prevailing logic of how high to level up the PoP.

Edited by Zteev

6 Girls for me this time.

• The mission girl: Bimbette
  • The 3 boss girls: Akama, Sue, Riley  (Akama was my 400th)
  • 2 girls on 5 EvP spins: Ronda, Gossy.

I used 135ish fights carried over from POA + all my free fights + 24 from TOF D3 3rd + 1/5 of a refill - 14 due to reset.

• Like 4