​📜​Patch Notes Hentai Heroes 2024 ​📜​

Noacc

20 hours ago, Pelinor said:

Club Champions

I would have preferred another round for players to gain Stellaluna instead of relegating her to the dark well of "latter" which occurs so slowly it makes a turtle look like a rabbit.

I don't get it. Players who don't have Stellaluna go for her, not for the new girl. The new girl only appears for players who already have all the previous girls.

• Like 4

Citation

Mythic Days Revival 

• Due to the high interest in Mythic Day Revivals, we have decided to increase the shards for revival event by 20%

❤️❤️❤️

Citation

New Event type

To celebrate our 6th Anniversary we are adding a new type of event!

Could be good (Although I already hear people complaining about "More things to do" and "More Kobans to spend" :D ). As usual, we'll have to see what the rewards are, and if the points are balanced, but this looks like another PoV-style event (Which, I believe, players appreciate, because it doesn't require extra focus).

About Event Cards:

Citation

Event cards and packs will be working like the regular monthly cards but for the duration of the event only but with an added value to them. 

The cards will be purchasable in Kobans except for the Premium card.

If the costs and rewards in the patch notes are correct, it gives a lot of combativity, that could pay for itself if it overlaps with relevant (villains) events (Although, since it's a daily reward, it probably won't - unless you're willing to save up combativity at all times). Depending on what the Seasonal Event itself gives, I might go for the Big Card at 4K Kobans.

(Also, the event seems to give 4 girls, so 4k Kobans is not a crazy cost. And you can get the cheaper 2k Card or 0k Card if that's enough; so unlike PoA, you don't need to pay the full cost upfront. Again, we'll have to see how this is actually balanced)

The issue is that you have to make a quick decision: the card lasts the time of the event and provides daily rewards, so you don't want to miss any day (This is the opposite of PoA, where you can wait for the last day to decide if you want to buy it).

Citation

Read the PS. at the end of the article for a very special & fun game/surprise!

I didn't see  a PS. at the end of the article 🤔

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

My comment on Patch Notes 29/22:

Sidequest: 😍✔️

MDR: A good (and for a lot of player needed) improvement. 👍✔️

Season event: At the first glimpse seems good. Perhaps a good adition and much better than the aditional PoA or LC they added around Christmas 2021. How the cards are needed and if they have a good efficency will we see after we got the event and can see the whole path and all the requirements and have time to calculate the usefulnes of aditional ressources. 😍✔️

One very big positiv decision is that they have 2 cards with Koban and only one with real cash. For this an extra 🎉😍🎉✔️

46 minutes ago, Liliat said:

I didn't see  a PS. at the end of the article 🤔

I think they refers to the blog article of the anniversary with the giftcodes, not the patch note article.

• Like 1

My reaction to Patch Notes 29/22:

Side quest: more story is nice

Mythic Days Revival: The question is who's showing more interest? Yes there will be more shards, but there were shards being left on the table already so this improves things how?

Season Event: Another currency?!? And a Premium card costing 166.68% more than a monthly Platinum card? Beware fellow players, this smells like another "Dating Token" disaster with us being targeted to take the fall (again).

PS: see the end of this post for exciting news about the game.

Oh! No! I lost the news... I'll be back when I find it...

Edited by Pelinor
  • Haha 3

Current income - around 310 daily crystals with both kobans cards (6k kobans)

Villian fight +1 brand new crystal (48 natural + 15 cards)

League +1 brand new crystal (42 natural)

Season +2 brand new crystal (24 natural + 9 cards)

Open daily goals chest +ONE !!??? - not even chest value? looks disappointing...

With full daily fights schedule (some losses may occur in leagues\seasons) - may have 2nd girl (may not). Higher values unobtainable w\o real money

Edited by HentaiGuru
  • Like 2

Even with both koban "cards" (which are cumulative with the free one, it seems), for a total of 5,940k kobans, even assuming optimal daily play throughout the period... You should get nowhere near enough to even approach unlocking the third girl out of four from this event...

Actually, even with both koban "cards" AND the €50 extra real-money card, early estimates show that you should barely get to around the 14k points total, which is to say still a lot of real money away from the fourth girl, let alone the last reward tier.

There is a MAJOR issue with this event's design. @Noacc could you please check with the devs if they didn't just forget a zero somewhere? This really doesn't look like something Kinkoid would be doing on purpose at this stage.

Quoting myself from the event's thread where I elaborate on the core issue:

5 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Yeah, this looks like a joke in poor taste, right now. More likely plain wrong maths and balancing on Kinkoid's side. HOPEFULLY.

Because yeah, having just one 3-star girl (Penny) literally pay-walled (behind a mere €5 Season Pass) already created an uproar two years ago, and rightfully so. No MAJOR collectible stuff should be literally unavailable without spending real money, on principle.

Here, we're talking two 5-star (competitive) Legendary girls not even just pay-walled, but basically unobtainable except by whaling it out in the hundreds of € on top of spending almost 6k in kobans AND being a hardcore dedicated player throughout the "celebration"...

So... do the maths (again), but do it properly this time, PLEASE, Kinkoid. Please do. I can't even give a ballpark to fix this, but we should receive double or triple the points per action to make this even close to an acceptable, non-PayToWin event. Either that, and/or move both Lyka and Louise under the 8-10k milestone. The tail-end of the reward track should be non-essential bonuses, just as you're already doing with Season, PoV, PoG and so on. It should most 1000% definitely NOT include one, let alone TWO GIRLS. These are MAIN rewards, that should be obtainable by ANY dedicated long-time player through efforts and a reasonable koban investiment ONLY.

You do NOT sell power. You do NOT lock essential game content behind hundreds of real-money units. These are the basic rules for any Freemium game to avoid the slippery slope of predatory P2W practices. You reconsidered quickly after doing a much lighter version of this F2P faux-pas back in Season #1. Please reconsider just as fast and send us an even bigger sign that HH is still a proper Freemium that does not get predatory like that (not on purpose, eg by design).

-------
Since there is two other lines in those Patch Notes, technically:

• Side quest of the other week: check. Thanks.
  • MDR adjusted to match player demand: good move. Thanks.
  • Switching to Massive Paywalls for main content: NO THANKS.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

There is a MAJOR issue with this event's design. @Noacc could you please check with the devs if they didn't just forget a zero somewhere? This really doesn't look like something Kinkoid would be doing on purpose at this stage.

Thanks a lot @DvDivXXX for stepping up, raising it to the community manager and trying to improve the situation. The community's reaction is surprisingly calm, though - good for my fellow players of course, if they are more even-tempered than me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pelinor said:

Mythic Days Revival: The question is who's showing more interest? Yes there will be more shards, but there were shards being left on the table already so this improves things how?

In Mythic Days, yes, but not in Mythic Revival!

I have to correct my former sight on the anniversary season. I was way to optimistic. With both Koban-Cards you can reach the second girl if you didn't waste much ressources on the way (I calculated ca. 9.500 crystals as gainable). That's far away from the needed 18.000 for all 4 girls and even with the Premium, only cash card, you're far away from 18.000 points.

The solution is not to boost the crystal income, it's to decrease the requirements of crystals to the half. With theese Whales can get the girls (and the 600 Rainbow gems at the end) fast, other players can reach the 4 girls with using Kobans and the whole event would be much more fair.

But so long it stays in this kind it's an event to quit playing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

il y a 24 minutes, Bobick a dit :

The community's reaction is surprisingly calm, though - good for my fellow players of course, if they are more even-tempered than me.

On the forum, maybe (because we know nobody reads it :D ). On Discord and Club chat, might be a different story.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pelinor said:

In MDR no, they weren't.

• Like 3

Fairly minor visual bug, especially compared to the massive balance slash design issues with the entire new event format, but still:

image.png

I shouldn't get a koban spending confirmation popup at all after clicking a free Claim button in blue, and even less so one that mentions Nutaku kobans when I'm playing on HH dot com. ^^

Thankfully, it's just visual, after confirming I just get the stuff and no kobans are taken (still, better safe than sorry, so I checked in the TS first).

Which begs the question: was the element of surprise really worth not presenting this rough draft of an event format to experienced beta testers and/or Rosso's private focus group before releasing it as is in the main game directly? Any experienced player with a good grasp on the game economy and meta game would have pointed out this is grossly imbalanced and unrealistic right away. You would have made the absolutely essential adjustments before release, and we'd all be celebrating right now instead of worrying about the future of the game and wondering how much trust we can still have in it.

I'm of course hoping you will still make the adjustments ASAP now that the community at large is pointing out the problem, but this could have been a much better experience for all involved if you had double-checked beforehand. Increase crystals earned per action tenfold, and/or move the two moms way earlier on the reward track, and/or increase the daily rewards from the free "card" and the two koban ones tenfold or so. Just ask Numbers, Tom, Zoo, or any other experienced players good at computing data you're already in touch with. They'll tell you what to change in order for the main rewards to be achievable without requiring real money investments (let alone huge ones). Thanks in advance.

• Like 3

il y a 21 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

I shouldn't get a koban spending confirmation popup at all after clicking a free Claim button in blue, and even less so one that mentions Nutaku kobans when I'm playing on HH dot com. ^^

In this case, "NaN" isn't a reference to Nutaku, it's most likely an error code meaning "Not a Number". The koban cost for the free card must be set to an empty field or some text value and the game code is trying to display it as a number, hence the error.

Edited by Gartalgar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This event is beyond tragic, without spending kobans the max you can reach is 4071 points, supposing you started the 1st day at full charge of trolls, season and league tries and you never skip a recharge (so you must login at least once every 8:45).

Also, is this a bug or losing a match in season and league doesn't give any point? Because I just tested that by losing a single match in league and i didn't got any point.

27 minuti fa, bolitho76 ha scritto:

No, not a bug. You gain points for win, not for battles (exceotion is Season: Here you get 1 point for a loss, 2 for a win).

Ok, so you can get an extra 764 points if you never lose a pvp battle for the entire period of the event.
This mean a total of 4835 points without using kobans, always considering full charge from the beginning, never skip a recharge and always win in league and season. Am I the only one to feel teased? 😐

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

Sadly no answer today from Kinkoid. We have to wait for tomorrow and keep fingers crossed.

Also today no reaction from Kinkoid, except for a cat GIF? That's indeed sad. It is exhausting to still keep the fingers crossed, my middle finger somehow wants to stretch out.

The rest is silence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Ah good, I seem to have gotten my smiley reactions refill. ^^ (Was about to make a post about how I really wanted to like your post but was unable to, @Bobick).

Just to avoid any confusion: the cat gif was Finder's way of summing it up, not what Noacc actually posted on Discord. ^^ But close enough: basically just that all feedback has been forwarded to the relevant team(s). EDIT (after reading the other, more active thread ^^). Okay, Noacc did post that gif, but that wasn't his only response (and he's a pretty funny and very friendly guy, it's definitely not to be misinterpreted as mockery or anything like that. It's no fun having to handle a wave of negative feedback you have nothing to do with and can't do anything about).

And since that mainly means Rosso and Game Design, who both seem to have a view pretty far removed from my own on monetization... (TL;DR: pay-walls and anything else that makes main game content literally impossible to obtain without real money is absolutely not okay to me, but doesn't seem to bother them). Well, I wouldn't get my hopes up, at least for the current first iteration of this event. They tend to stick to their guns unless money talks. So they're not likely to reconsider their brilliant design of a recurring event type at €300 in real-money simply because of feedback about game design philosophy, game economy, player base and whatnot. But if, as I fully expect, that superb anti-Freemium design doesn't turn out to increase their income from this Freemium game, then they'll reconsider.

So, best case scenario from there: same thing as what happened a couple years back with Season #1. They change the design drastically so that it doesn't alienate their player base starting with the next event using the reworked format. And the two currently pay-walled girls might reappear in some capacity years from now, as Penny from Season #1 who most players only got their first opportunity to acquire last week.

Worst case scenario, hard to say. I really don't think they have anywhere near enough whales to turn a profit from this on their backs alone, especially not ones who are addicted enough to the game to burn that much real money on a couple of regular characters in a game that has well over a thousand. I really, really don't think even a single moderate spender will magically turn into a whale from this very bad incentive. And I definitely KNOW that the vast majority of the player base will give a hard pass to this "opportunity" to suddenly spend hundreds of real world € for one event. I KNOW that because it's not Rocket Science to figure out.

As for ANY healthy Freemium game (including ones that DO make a lot of profit), the vast majority of the player base consists in F2P players and small, occasional spenders. This type of players not only don't  spend a truckload all at once on a game (and more often than not, couldn't even if they wanted to), but any attempt at pushing them to is likely to disgust them and turn at least a portion away from the game altogether.

Because small, occasional spenders don't spend because you tell them to, especially not forcibly. They spend when they want to, which is typically when two key factors are combined: the game feels great and trustworthy so they don't have to, and there's an actually good deal presenting itself that they actually want to buy. Because they don't have to, and because they want to show their support and appreciation for a great game that doesn't pressure them and devs who understand their crucial part of the ecosystem. The game treats them well, so they want to give back.

So yeah, this is definitely not going to turn up a big profit for Kinkoid, which would have been the worst case scenario because then they would have pushed further in that downhill direction. So the worst that can happen is that they get stubborn (or otherwise fail to notice or accept the failure of this predatory practice attempt)  and carry on with this €300 event format despite it not being successful short term, and  already starting to lose them the trust and commitment of a fair amount of their dedicated audience for the longer term.

Wait and see. For now, it is what it is.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Hearts 1

Patch Notes #30

Pretty good stuff for the most part.

1/ Routine updates like the new Adventure scroll and new PoP and GP girls are expected, but always welcomed (Kisa in particular looks great judging by her 0-star pose; I'm in a bad run on Gunnr from last month still at 50% as of this writing, but looking forward to meeting them both eventually).

2/ PoV PvE objective buff: unexpected and a bit out of sync with the schedule (or let's say ahead of schedule, rather, which is nice).

3/ The bit about Redeem Codes is really confusing. We already had a player puzzled by it who tried the old Kinkversary codes from mid-July and they seem to have expired along with the Kinkversary event a week ago. I'm not sure what the purpose of mentioning them again in these notes is?

4/ The hot fix section was very disappointing. Not that I have anything against the couple of minor tech issues that got fixed, but seeing "Seasonal Event" as the opener of one of the lines got my hopes up that this would be a long overdue re-balancing of this grossly overpriced event format, as per massive community feedback. Instead, it was a very minor visual glitch for a couple of translations... V_v

So I guess we're not going to get any official statement, let alone an actual rework, of the Seasonal Event format until the end of the current first iteration at best, by now. Oh well.

• Like 3

il y a une heure, DvDivXXX a dit :

4/ The hot fix section was very disappointing. Not that I have anything against the couple of minor tech issues that got fixed, but seeing "Seasonal Event" as the opener of one of the lines got my hopes up that this would be a long overdue re-balancing of this grossly overpriced event format, as per massive community feedback. Instead, it was a very minor visual glitch for a couple of translations... V_v

That's HUGE: that was obviously the main reason why nobody wanted to buy these overpriced passes in the first place!

• Haha 5

• bolitho76 changed the title to ​📜​Patch Notes Hentai Heroes 2024 ​📜​