New forum

Noacc

1 minute ago, Ol Sheriff Joe said:

@jelom2 you can access your old account by trying to sign in and declare that you have lost your password. After resetting it, you'll be able to access again in your old boots... 

He needs access to his old email account to do that.

48 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

So you mean to say you have never checked your profile page? Our warnings are there, and during your temp ban there was also a timer for that. Hopefully you won't need this in the near future, as I can sense you returned to us with a fresh, positive mindset. :)

There is kind of a blacklist (already was in place in the old format). You can select a player and pick "Ignore". And you can manage your Ignored Users list from your profile page as well. Apart from that, yeah, it's not ideal, but oh well.

I did not see your numbers, when I tried to enter the forum here, by that time I did not accept the password at all, I just now found time to restore it.

I just know about this black list, there is little sense from it. On the forum where I have been working as a moderator, there is a blacklist function for topics and sections that are not interesting to me. Here she is just really needed. I don’t play clicker and in French I only know one phrase “Monsieur je n'ai pas mangé depuis trois jours” (this is in case I suddenly wake up in the center of Paris without money and documents, not understanding how I got there, it was similar with my friend, although he was only I was able to drive to Warsaw on a drunken business and was very surprised). So when I press the "Unread Content" button, a lot of messages come out, half of which I don't need at all. And if I can distinguish French from English (although it also takes time), then for the clicker and for hentai heroes even the name of the sections is the same - "general discussion", "bugs" and so on, and until you go into the topic and start read what they write you do not understand which game this applies to. It pisses me off. When i have time i have to go to uninteresting sections of the forum and mark them each as "read", but damn it, every time it takes so long and tedious. I would like to quickly check interesting things, and not poke the mouse a hundred times. This is the blacklist I need.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lemus said:

a blacklist function for topics and sections that are not interesting to me

Oh, okay. Well, I see what you mean and no there isn't anything like that here. The confusion came from the term, as a black list typically means players you choose to block/ignore on forums. What you're referring to probably has a specific name as well, but honestly most forums I've used over the years and all but one of those I'm using these days don't have a function like that. Not interested in a section? Just don't visit that section.

I see your problem really comes from using the "Unread content" thingy. I never use that, I just browse the sections directly and see what's new since my previous visit. You might want to try a similar approach, it would probably save you a lot of time and efforts. The forum is pretty active, but not quite to the point that Page 1 of a given sub-forum will have changed much even if you visit only every few days.

1 hour ago, Lemus said:

When i have time i have to go to uninteresting sections of the forum and mark them each as "read",

Fast way to mark whole sections of the forum as read:

For main sections, clicking in the two speech buble icon mark the whole section as read:

imagen.png.9801904471ed9420e5db7b8c70fb0ac6.png

For secondary sections, click in the Mark forum as read that will show that part of the forum (Feedback section) as rea. DO NOT click in the upper Mark site read as that will mark ALL the forum as read.

imagen.thumb.png.ce6ac4856f32206be5ed7360a3fcd177.png

Once you have marked as read all sections you wanted, you can start reading the new posts.

That's what I did when i logged with this new account, and it took me only some minutes to go the point I was before.

• Like 1

so in general I'm okay with the new forum.

It ignores a bit the widescreen monitors, yet I did not try it on mobile.

My biggest change is that the edit button is now in upper right corner instead next to the quote button. And it seems that in the thread overview the old forum linked only to the last comment while the new one offers three links. At least I "misclicked" more than once.

It looks like the new forum is totally decoupled from the game now.

It am not logged in automatically to the forum whenever I access it from the in-game link, would be good if that link is restored.

Avatars are unlinked as well, mine is the one I was using last on the old forum, not the one I am currently using in-game.

• Like 3

Il 27/11/2020 in 17:50 , Kenrae ha scritto:

Doesn't this new forum connect with your account  on hentaiheroes.com? It signed me out and the only way to log in has been resetting my password.

Il 27/11/2020 in 19:00 , Esios ha scritto:

I had the same problem as @Kenrae @DisgustingMarsupial and @jelom2, resetting my password and putting the same as the current one did the trick though.

Great new design! :D

Thank you guys. I opened a ticket to try to solve the problem, but apparently I only had to scroll in the forum a bit to find a solution. thank you very much

• Like 2

1 hour ago, windia said:

I tried to follow a topic - and get only "in forum" notification (like when I have a quote or emoticon). No e-mail!

Just did not work out yet.

Is it possible? How?

Thanks.

Go to account(here in the forum, not the game)->account settings->other settings->notification settings->mentions and my content; followed content.

There you'll find the options you need.

18 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

Go to account(here in the forum, not the game)->account settings->other settings->notification settings->mentions and my content; followed content.

There you'll find the options you need.

That I did and I fail:

2 hours ago, windia said:

I tried to follow a topic - and get only "in forum" notification (like when I have a quote or emoticon). No e-mail!

image.png.75434720e7066795eb8becb10f704569.png

so how to avoid email?

@windia I had the same problem as you. The "Send me an email" isn't what's really happening : it send a notification OR an email according to what you put inside notification settings. I have selected notifications everywhere and set "Send me an email when new content is posted" : no email, just forum notifications

Edited by Esios
Typos
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Esios said:

@windia I had the same problem as you. The "Send me an email" isn't what's really happening : it send a notification OR an email according to what you put inside notification settings. I have selected notifications everywhere and set "Send me an email when new content is posted" : no email, just forum notifications

Thanks, so I went into my profile and looked at this setting:

image.png.4788d5d3e831a28163e036e9331b5507.png

because over night there where 3 emails, I never used that feature before^^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zteev said:

I see some people have an avatar that is just their forum name and a background color. Is it now possible to alter my existing avatar to something like that?

You mean like jelom's white J on green? That's the default avatar that modern versions of this forum engine generate automatically for newly created accounts. I'm not even sure if it's possible to return to that default on an account that already had a "proper" avatar uploaded, but even if it is, it's a moot point as long as changing avatars is completely disabled by the forum admin panel in the first place.

• Thanks 1

• Noacc unpinned and unfeatured this topic