When you meet them...

lepidocter

-...in Contests.

Russian players always come in couples. Please notice.

French players come in mobs, they are all excited ... then get depressed and stop playing.

USA players drop a starting bomb and then disappear until next contest.

German players stay put until the end, then try to drop a bomb the last 15 seconds.

Mexican players stay put until the end, then try to drop a bomb the last 15 seconds. And fail by lagging.

Swedish players simply stop to play if they figure out someone else want to win. "Oh, sorry, you're welcome, go onward".

Brasilian players are recognizable not by the flag, but by Dragon Ball names.

Belgian players try to pass as relaxed Germans and inspire awe.

Eastern Europe players seems scary even if they do nothing bad at all. Really. You cannot joke with a Czech or Poland player.

This game is apparently more famous in Congo than in Britain.

Italian players spend all of their 1200 kobans to win 120 of them.  And feel smart. At least this is what I do.

Now I know that Santo Domingo is called Santo Domingo everywhere.

I found a japanese player. Once. He sucked. And the game is inspired by japanese stuff.

Apparently, no one is playing from Vatican.

• Haha 13

1 minute ago, Nimano said:

Of course not! It is a pleasure to meet you.

*Swedishness intensifies*

The pleasure is all mine. I was starting to wonder if I was the only degenerate in this country ^^

As to not stray too far from the thread itself I'll go ahead and add something:

17 hours ago, lepidocter said:

"Oh, sorry, you're welcome, go onward".

We Swedes are kinda like that, but not as much as Canadians ;)

• Like 2

On 6/2/2021 at 2:39 AM, lepidocter said:

Italian players spend all of their 1200 kobans to win 120 of them.  And feel smart. At least this is what I do.

You can see that he has recently started ... now I'm afraid he will start yelling at me after reading this post and discovering that since I started playing I have maintained a no-koban policy ...

As a side note, it might be useful to remember that the game is still victim of a flags bug... so maybe some players (included yours truly) have on their profile a flag that is not the correct one...

At my level it's usally the Russians, Americans and French who for no reason other then to mess with others just try to buy the win. Very accurate with the Germans, they do have the annoying habit of doing last second buy-ins. Not cool.

Edited by Gotaku
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Il 22/6/2021 in 06:17 , SmokeyDan ha scritto:

As a British player what i do is check to see what I can and can't get and push for it, if it is not possible I sit out but if i know i can win I may toy with you just to have you play your hand and fall in to my trap.

I've experienced that directly with british players twice (they practically toyed me to spend everything XD), and I'd say it's a fun way to engage the game.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 8:20 AM, Gotaku said:

At my level it's usally the Russians, Americans and French who for no reason other then to mess with others just try to buy the win. Very accurate with the Germans, they do have the annoying habit of doing last second buy-ins. Not cool.

It's a Pyrrhic victory because they clearly spent more than the contest reward to win, so I just laugh it off whenever that happens, there's no point in doing that besides showing off how much money you're pouring into the game.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...