New Mythic Books and Gift Increases Price of EXP/Affection + Decreases Market Slots for Cash Items

Fiel

Folks in my club also aren't happy about this. Though I do like the idea of taking these out of the market and linking them to the club champions as a reward if you already got the girl. It would encourage more powerful club members to keep pitching in.

9 hours ago, Peaches said:

As far as what people have suggested to fix the issue, there's a simpler and more productive way to get kinkoid to fix the problem. Stop giving them money. Patreons cancel and people that pay through the store stop buying packages, cards, kobans, etc.

Businesses care a little about complaints, but they care A LOT about the bottom line. So all you f2p folks, the only way you matter is if a lot of paid players join you.

I said this in another thread, but I've decided to switch from being a paid player and going back to being a free player.  Still going to hang around for a bit because things might get fixed, but the last few changes have made the game exponentially more expensive and it's just not worth it anymore.

I was paying so I could get pretty much all the girls and be able to afford to level them up, but the cost in real dollars to do that went from $30/mo to, doing some pretty basic napkin math, around $250/mo.  I could lease a very respectable car for that much money, or, you know.. get a few more jpegs.  Maybe there are some people willing to pay that much for images you could just download off the wiki, but I ain't one of them.

I was happy to pay ~$30/mo when it went a long way, but now it provides a tiny fraction of the value it used to.  I'm not just going to keep cranking up how much I'm willing to pay.  I'll spend that money elsewhere instead.  Monthly card cancelled, not buying league passes, no special offers, etc.  Kinkoid is going to have to earn my money if they want me to start spending again.

Also worth mentioning that this isn't a direct result of the absurdly priced mythic items alone - it's a result of the continual progression of koban squeezing and a meteoric rise in real dollar cost over the last year to keep up with the pace of content releases.  This is just the final straw for me.

• Like 10

It appears to me that not only is the price wrong, so is the drop rate. As noted by others we seem to get more Mythic books/gifts than Legendary. Also the level when they drop does seem too early. At lvl 239 I really don't need Mythic books/gifts or at least I certainly don't need two when not giving me a single Legendary one.

• Like 3

This change is very poorly thought through, if calculate the Xp to Koban ratio from before and after the patch you will see why:

If you get the worst possible luck and you only get the yellow "Magazine" in your shop after a refresh, you get 1440 xp for 42 Kobans, if you have a monthly card, you get 1440 xp for 18 Kobans. Keep in mind this is the worst possible outcome of the old system, every book is yellow and the worst kind of yellow

Old system 1x refresh 8x Worst possible yellow books

1 Koban = ~34Xp

New system simply buying 1 "magazine" (Keep in mind here, you still need to refresh the shop, so the actual ratio is worse than here described here)

1 Koban = ~48Xp

Old system 1x refresh 8x Worst possible yellow books, monthly card active 

1 Koban = ~80Xp

as you can see from this simple example, even if you had the worst possible luck pre patch, for a monthly card holder the Xp to koban ratio was cut in half. But it gets way worse if you calculate a more average scenario, using the first image posted in the thread, on average, before this patch your refreshes were worth

1 Koban = ~170Xp

And with a monthly card

1 Koban = ~390Xp

As you can see from these somewhat rough calculations, this change isn't good for anyone, new players, medium payers and whales alike. 

Before this patch I would expect to get around 390 xp per koban refreshing the shop with my monthly card, after this patch I can expect less than 48 xp per koban, that means a price increase of over 800% making it unsustainable for even the biggest of whales. 

As of now I'm canceling my monthly subscription, I refuse to be milked with an 800% price hike.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, pinja said:

The items aren't just a "rip-off" - They also take up slots in the market that would have otherwise been filled by other books / affection items. It would be one thing if they were just a rip-off, I could just pass on it; however, since I will bet they won't be available in any type of "f2p" very often (i.e., they may try and pass this off as a net positive since you get 1 of them in some type of event or something), the loss of books/affection items due to the slots they take up in the market will ultimately make this a negative. 

Please consider removing them from the market - My largest complaint was the lack of Affection / EXP items, this just made that worse...

I think you said everything important. 

I kinda get why these where implemented (company incomewise). But it shouldn't hurt to much putting the new items on a new page or tab. If not, my giant stock of 0-grade girls will become even more discouragly humunous... :(

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Feenux said:

I kinda get why these where implemented (company incomewise). But it shouldn't hurt to much putting the new items on a new page or tab. If not, my giant stock of 0-grade girls will become even more discouragly humunous... :(

It reduces my incentive me to spend.  It's had too much of an adverse affect on the game dynamics. Unbalancing the cost of books and gifts means there is little point in me having a monthly card now to accumulate the Kobans for mythic girls as they have now become too expensive to upgrade. Not only that, but the reduced number of cash items means it will slow down my efforts to upgrade my existing harem as fast - basically a lose/lose. 

• Like 2

I don't really mind the addition of Mythic Books and affection items, but if the pricing is for kobans then for f2p players like myself it's actually slowing down progression of Affection and XP when the exact opposite was intended, as it's taking up the limited slots of ymen Affection items and Books.

Linking it to existing price points would be far better. The current Affection items are all 417 ymen per affection point, so logically the Mythic Bracelet i'm currently looking at (15k Affection) should cost 6,255,000 ymen. That is a fair price, since it uses the same price point as the existing affection items.

Same for Books: The Great Pachinko already increases in cost the higher level one is, so would it not be relatively simple to link the price point to the amount of XP gained (a tiny amount over 200 ymen per XP) instead? At level 115, i doubt 100 kobans to get a Girl up to my current level is going to be worth the price tag.

• Like 5

The thing is, i would happily drop literally billions of Ymen on those books.

The situation originally was, many high level players could not (and still cannot) level all their girls anymore, without restocking lots and lots of times. For me at some point it became an issue with affection too.
Since the game is mostly about collecting girls, i'd rather put my kobans only in event pachinko, and occasionally the additional two girls option on Road to Affection (or whatever it's named, i am sure you know which event i mean)
I bet same or similar applies to many players.

Now, having 8 or even 10 billion hymen is not uncommon for me. 
In comparison to this, even legendary books and gifts are just cheap.
So i do not even know what to put all the ymens in - even donating in contests does not take all of it.
There used to be similar problems when they introduced legendary books and gifts. Back then it was a big relief, being finally able to put more ymen into books and gifts.
Veteran players asked for another tier of books and gifts for months now, expecting and hoping that these would be once again really expensive but available for Ymen.
So the devs answered the situation - by making it worse.

I can understand they rather would cater to people who put real money in this game, but i don't have to like it.
Also, there's more issues than just the "we get less books and gifts for ymens now".
Issue 2: You also get less books and gifts on restocking, obviously - so this means, restocking also became more expensive.
Issue 3: The "give xp to the girls" contests are effectively pay to win now - also reducing the koban income for non-paying players.
Issue 4: Champion fights are becoming harder and harder. When you have literally hundreds of girls on a level half yours or less, since you can't just upgrade a majority, then your best girls will show up in your troupe much less often. The one extra roll per 10 girls does not help much in this. My best girls do 47k damage right now, but even with 42 rerolls i must be happy if one or two above 40k shows up, and consider myself lucky if i have more than 5 doing above 35k.
This has been an issue before, but now it will become worse faster.

Generally it feels like if i had a decent lot of money and wanted to invest in dressing nicely and smartly, but there's no clothing shops in town but thrift shops - and now one crassly overexpensive designer boutique has opened whose clothes are not even that much better than those from the thrift shop.

Also, i always knew this game was pay 2 win, if you compete with other players. i am only here for collecting as many girls as i can. But this loses a lot of appeal if you cannot afford to check out all the affection scenes on all girls you get.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Real Vincent said:

Now, having 8 or even 10 billion hymen is not uncommon for me.

My god.  Dealing with just one was traumatic enough.  Your peenie must be mythical indeed.  🚀

(my apologies for this post, everyone)  🙃  

• Haha 9

7 hours ago, AmandaMoon said:

My god.  Dealing with just one was traumatic enough.  Your peenie must be mythical indeed.  🚀

(my apologies for this post, everyone)  🙃  

You've just written what many of us were thinking .

And then there's those who write "Yemen". That's a country, you know.

• Haha 2

This "feature" is only the next step on the ladder of horrible updates. The thing is that game development will continue to go in that direction as long as people keep playing and buying nonetheless.
People tend to rant and complain but in the end they just keep playing and spending. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gumbor said:

This "feature" is only the next step on the ladder of horrible updates. The thing is that game development will continue to go in that direction as long as people keep playing and buying nonetheless.
People tend to rant and complain but in the end they just keep playing and spending. 

Sadly yes. 

And I also believe that this is just a testing update for devs. Their real goal is to add mythic gears, which will have even higher kobans prices.

Worst of all, devs know by now that there will be plenty of people, who will to spend/buy kobans for those items. Just look at how many people buy these mythic girls every single month. After all, only couple dozen of people actually have chance to earn enough kobans from ToF per month.  Rest of them have to either save for a long time or buy kobans. 

And lets also not forget the fact that those players competiting on top places on ToF can't simply help themselves. They are more or less addicted to the competition in ToF and they can't bear the idea of dropping behind and not doing well anymore. So, when they devs will add koban mythic gear, these people will buy them, no matter what. And devs know this and wants to take advantage of this.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ShadowHaamu said:

After all, only couple dozen of people actually have chance to earn enough kobans from ToF per month.  Rest of them have to either save for a long time or buy kobans. 

More people than that, actually.

31 minutes ago, ShadowHaamu said:

And lets also not forget the fact that those players competiting on top places on ToF can't simply help themselves. They are more or less addicted to the competition in ToF and they can't bear the idea of dropping behind and not doing well anymore. So, when they devs will add koban mythic gear, these people will buy them, no matter what. And devs know this and wants to take advantage of this.

Or many of us will stop playing because we don't like games that are Pay To Win.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mates said:

I was very lucky this time! :D And I was able to buy them all, no magical changing into mythic

Me too, so I am wondering whether they ninja-deactivated the mythic items for now.

32 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

More people than that, actually.

Or many of us will stop playing because we don't like games that are Pay To Win.

No, it really is just few dozen of same people getting those high places in ToF. Sure, there is more of them competiting for those 4 places, but 9 out of 10 times it's the same people getting those top 4 on constant bases. 

Yes, but I highly doubt devs really care about that. They really only care about paying players. 

For the past year or so, the game had become more and more p2w. Sure, they have balanced this by giving some small stuff for free players. Yet, there is plenty more stuff catered to cashers. Like constant new events with more of new girls, shorter event cycles (to get money out of new and old players alike), PoA, whatever the last event of the month with 7.2k koban for bonus activation event is. Then we also got expensive legendary girls followed by ridiculously expensive mythic girls of the month. And now they obviously plan to add mythic gear of all kind with hefty koban prices. 

All of this p2w stuff and people haven't stopped playing. Quite the contrary, competition and cash spending had probably just increased in the past year. 

But most of all, devs don't really care if some us old players will stop playing. Quite the contrary, I think they actually want that. After all, new players need to spend more money to catch up with the old players and ToF works as nice incentive for that, especially if some old whales will quit the game. 

• Like 2