New Mythic Books and Gift Increases Price of EXP/Affection + Decreases Market Slots for Cash Items

Fiel

(Now) 12 days ago, we were handed a shit sandwich.  Today, we got a response: "Well, here you go, now there's less shit on your sandwich."  I'm not grateful for this because 13 days there was NO shit on my sandwich.  I want my shit-free sandwich back.  

@Pelinordid a great job showing the absurdity of what they have given us: 

I'm doubtless missing some brain cells, thank you alcohol, but a marmoset can figure out that these items are a bad deal.  Putting them in the market HIGHLIGHTS just how bad a deal they are.  Give them as contest or event rewards.  Toss them into the CC in place of the laughable rewards we currently get.  But get them the hell out of the market or give us a proper way to gain XP and Aff.  Roll it back.  Re-think it.  Get your shit out of my sandwich or I will go to a different deli.

• Like 16

Its already hard enough to get gifts especially , it seems like they are never enough, and here we go lowering their slots . Make the mythic stuff cost money/tickets or  make a seperate shop or add a few slots extra for them. simple as that.

Edited by LordV
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I have to agree with you!
  I would be interested in what actually speaks against the fact that you cannot buy the mystical objects and the other objects in the category with normal mirrors, what speaks against it?

It seems fairly apparent to me that this patch was specifically intended to limit the slots in the market for Ymen XP/Aff you could get. That was a primary part of the business model being pursued. Reduce the 'free' resources available by replacing them with 'premium' resources (I appreciate that the Mythic items don't technically cost real currency, but they are far more likely to be used by those willing to spend real currency).

The core incentive that has been created to spend real currency on the premium resources comes from the reduction in availability of the free resources. Had they simply been introduced in another section you would not have created the scarcity of resource required to provide the incentive.

I would also point out the contrary logic in more spaces being taken up by Mythic items for higher level players. I do understand that lower level players are far less likely to need or use the Mythic items. That's obvious. But the higher level players have a far greater need for the XP/Aff that they were previously getting free. Many lower level players would not yet be at the point of being able to afford to buy every XP/Aff item in the shop so removing a slot or two wouldn't be a major problem for them. The majority of higher level player do buy all the XP/Aff and so every slot is a precious commodity to them.

The fundamental marketing force at work here was to frustrate the highly engaged players by reducing the freely available XP/Aff, knowing that they have the greatest need for those resources, and provide them with a premium alternative with the hope of encouraging them to spend more.

I'm not making a judgement on the morals of the direction KK have gone here - I'm a 100% f2p player and they're a private business that are entitled to do with their game what they like whether I think it's a good thing or not (I really don't) - but I don't think there's any great mystery as to why the Mythic items haven't been put in their own shop, or given an opt in/out option, or placed as a reward for CC performances, or solely put in with purchase bundles. Doing so would remove the extra pressure to purchase extra resources with real currency.

What I would say however is that this is a community game. For a large number of players the fun is in competing with other players. If you drive off a lot of the f2p players, or indeed a lot of the players who were happy to p2p within a small limit, you risk making the game a lot less fun for the big spenders as the competition pool becomes rapidly shallower.

Edited by JustVisiting
grammer
  • Like 7

nice that you have money, but consider that many probably do not have that much money to be able to afford everything and I assume that the majority of the people I play here are not able to afford all of the things.

if you only have ten opponents that's boring too, isn't it?

Edited by Dramut
  • Like 2

The problem with them isn't that they cost money, it's that they cost a crazy amount of money.

Three free refreshes a day means six mythic XP items and six Mythic Affection items, averaging something like 400 kobans each.  That makes buying out the store for the day cost ~5000 kobans even if you don't pay more for refreshes.

Buying refreshes is now 25% less efficient due to the slots being taken up by Mythic Items, and if you actually want to buy the Mythic items, you have to spend $50 worth of kobans EVERY DAY.

I was content to pay $20-30/month on this game.. that was sufficient to make sure I could get all the girls and I was making good progress on levelling them up.. now that amount of money doesn't come close and not only can I not get all the girls, I'm falling way, way behind on levelling them up.  There is a zero percent chance I will increase my investment in the game to $1500/month just so I can buy out the shop.  If that's what they are hoping to accomplish, I wish them the best of luck, but as I've mentioned I'm not going to support those kinds of shenanigans so I'm back to F2P.

If they're looking to get more money, I'd suggest they attempt to make it more attractive for many people to spend in an affordable range than attempt to milk a handful of people for mortgage-payment levels of money.  Either way, they won't see another dime from me until this mechanic sees some significant changes for the better.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, DocJD said:

The mythic items should cost, say, $6-10 million each. That might make it too easy to do the "spend money" task in PoP, but it's a reasonable cost.

I guess you mean PoA, not PoP. Anyway, that task is always easy, provided you have the cash. You can just go to the Pachinko.

5 hours ago, Kenrae said:

I guess you mean PoA, not PoP. Anyway, that task is always easy, provided you have the cash. You can just go to the Pachinko.

Not if you're sitting on a few hundred 10 GP rings. The mythic junk made me switch from market restocks to holding off of affection upgrades. Losing those slots had a big impact on the value of ymen and not in a good way. It devalued kobans too by devaluing restocks.

12 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

You don't get given enough single games for that to get clogged up, so that's still easy.

For the last cash dump in the current PoA it's almost 1200 single GPs at my current level. Easy? Sure. Available always? Yes. Mind numbingly boring? Maybe, I'm only 600 in and need a minute to wipe the drool, then I'll have to decide whether I want to finish or eat a box of staples.

3 hours ago, Peaches said:

For the last cash dump in the current PoA it's almost 1200 single GPs at my current level. Easy? Sure. Available always? Yes. Mind numbingly boring? Maybe, I'm only 600 in and need a minute to wipe the drool, then I'll have to decide whether I want to finish or eat a box of staples.

You must be really very low level to need so many GPx1 to spend less than 10 million Ymens

4 hours ago, Peaches said:

My GPx1 spins cost more than 5 millions, but then, I'm level 476. But the money tasks ask for more money depending on level too, for me it's more than 30 millions on the last task, how much do you need to spend?

I'm not even against pay to win, but this change is bad even for whales.  And having to carefully not click two items every time adds a pain point to the game for everyone else.

Make mythic affection items very rare, and make them cost Yemen.  That way when you see one, you feel excitement and not dread.  Shouldn't that be how we feel when we see them?

You can add an extra vendor that sells them for kobans too, for the whales who are also bad at math.

1 hour ago, Kenrae said:

My GPx1 spins cost more than 5 millions, but then, I'm level 476. But the money tasks ask for more money depending on level too, for me it's more than 30 millions on the last task, how much do you need to spend?

At level 215 its also 30 large ones, which is a bit brutal but with a bit of planning and foresight not impossible.

2 minutes ago, 430i said:

At level 215 its also 30 large ones, which is a bit brutal but with a bit of planning and foresight not impossible.

Sorry, I remembered bad, it's more like 70 😳. Still, it doesn't matter much at my level. , it's an "automatic" task.

7 hours ago, jelom said:

You must be really very low level to need so many GPx1 to spend less than 10 million Ymens

Around 130. 17.8k per single GP and the last cash step is 20.55 million. I'd guess the 10 million is from the prior cash step.

Edited by Peaches
Specificity

Le 24/06/2021 à 18:37, JustVisiting a dit :

Many lower level players would not yet be at the point of being able to afford to buy every XP/Aff item in the shop so removing a slot or two wouldn't be a major problem for them. The majority of higher level player do buy all the XP/Aff and so every slot is a precious commodity to them.

Even though I agree on some of your statements, I strongly disagree on this one. I am level 252 and it's been at least 50 levels that I did not miss a SINGLE refill at the market 3 times a day, some days more when I get a level up synced with a standard refresh. I am struggling a bit with the Ymens, but if well managed, it is perfectly feasible. So the mythic items nerf hits the lower levels very hard too, more than you can imagine.

Edited by Eexa Man
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Sorry, should've quoted in my earlier reply. regardless the last step is still 20. million and GP 1s only cost 17.8 k. The hundreds of GP 10s are in an old Nutaku (HAREM heroes) profile where the GP 1s can reasonably used to spend the cash, but for a newer kinkoid (HENTAI heroes) it isn't happening.

I purchased a bundle which included 3 Mythic Spell books. The cost of the spell books in the market is 600*3=1,800 kobans. If I wanted to sell them the market says I get 100,000*3=300,000 Ymen! WTF? As a player we are asked to spend kobans to get the Mythic items yet if we want to sell them we are offered only 17% more in Ymen compared to a Legendary item class equivalent? There is nothing in the game with such a poor exchange rate (item for cash vs its purchase price). Even boosters have a better exchange rate (and it was the height of bad game play to sell those unless you get them for free). As currently setup not even an idiot would ever sell a Mythic item on purpose.

• Haha 1