Awakenings are here

FinderKeeper

2 hours ago, Hugh Jerexion said:

I said for science earlier but didn't keep track. 🤦‍♂️

I've just ran 100 MP orbs and got 57 x10 drops (8xBlack/Dom, 8xWhite/Sub, 9xPurple/Voy, 8xBlue/Sensual, 5xRed/Eccentric, 6xGreen/Exhibitionist, 7xOrange/Physical & 6xYellow/Playful)

I know it is only a small sample, but is in line with your numbers. The distribution between the Elements seems fairly even but it is too small a sample to be conclusive.  

i gave my first data in the pachinko thread, 252 orbs 123 (x70) gems, looks morelike 50/50 there or maybe i just was on the lucky/unluck(?) side and got bad/good gem drops?

Edited by blaa
  • Thanks 2

Apologies if this has been said before, I have read some  previous posts but couldnt bear to read all 400...

Problem:  I cannot see any way to find out how many gems I have or how many I will need to move a girl to the next level.

IMO, the most visible effect of awakening is that I now regularly face much stronger opposition in contests & leagues (but not in seasons) than I did before. My performance in these is now far worse than it was.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, petertavy said:

Apologies if this has been said before, I have read some  previous posts but couldnt bear to read all 400...

Problem:  I cannot see any way to find out how many gems I have or how many I will need to move a girl to the next level.

IMO, the most visible effect of awakening is that I now regularly face much stronger opposition in contests & leagues (but not in seasons) than I did before. My performance in these is now far worse than it was.

if you download the user script, you can see them in harem, otherwise you have to do it over console (comman was, iirc, player_gems_amount -> it has to be a page where the shards are shown anyway, so like harem)

1 hour ago, blaa said:

if you download the user script, you can see them in harem, otherwise you have to do it over console (comman was, iirc, player_gems_amount -> it has to be a page where the shards are shown anyway, so like harem)

I have never heard of "the user script" or "conman was." So I take it there is no way in the game itself to find out details of how many gems you have or how many a given girl, at whatever level she is, needs. I wish there was.

21 minutes ago, DocJD said:

I have never heard of "the user script" or "conman was." So I take it there is no way in the game itself to find out details of how many gems you have or how many a given girl, at whatever level she is, needs. I wish there was.

latter was misspelled, with some thinking you could figure, it was meant to be command, but fair enough that's on me. And no, that's the way you can get the info from the game -> open console -> join your harem -> choose harem.html in console settings -> put command in console -> then this happens:

image.png.5adc3af77b6b41e28a6a90036cc19f2d.png

there are many links to the user script here in the forum, if you interessted, you can easily find it over the search bar or look it up on discord, if you are there

edit: and i agree, this feature is in many ways poorly introduced, but one of the worst point is, that it's not at all user friendly, i.e. no overview how many gems you have, how many girls you have on which level, how many gems you need - sometimes you wonder what a game 'designer' does.

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DocJD said:

There isn't. A lot of QoL features and UI stuff that should be in the game is made up for by the community script. And now both version (Numbers' and Tom's) include an icon you can simply mouse over to see the list of all 8 gem types and your own current inventory for each at a glance, from either the Harem or, most conveniently, the "Books" tab of the Market.

Without the script or commands, you can check the number of gems for one specific color by selecting a girl of the corresponding element in the Harem, and then looking at the top-right corner (Above the XP bar). You have to do that for each gem color, so it's not the most convenient.

For the amount of gems required for awakening, you need to check the News/Blog post. As far as I know, it isn't displayed anywhere in-game, unless you're ready to awaken a girl (And then only the value for that specific girl at that specific level will be displayed).

I try to not ever come here to comment, the only time previously I commented was for the mythic books/affection change which was a pretty big disaster IMO when it first came out (and still isn't ideal).  I think this change is equally disastrous so I felt I had to speak up here.

Let me preface by saying that unlike a lot of people here I'm actually okay with infinite leveling systems, at least in theory, even as someone with over 800 girls to take care of.  But if it adds pain points to the game, that's a deal breaker.  And unfortunately, this change is adding a lot of pain.  And pain means people quit, which nobody wants.

Currently I'm level 372, if I wanted to lvl a new girl to my level, it would take a matter of seconds to use all the books I have to get there.  But not any more.  Now with the awaken system i have to "authorize" a level cap increase every 50 levels, each time having to endure a lengthy / painful load and then reload screen.  Even setting aside that I cant even level girls to my level anymore without paying a tax, the multiple load screens are just a killer.  It used to take 15 seconds to level up a girl, now it takes about 120 seconds.  It's not a small jump in inconvenience.  It's massive.

IMO, the awakened system should operate independently of girl level.  It should be a second set of power levels instead.  Same result, with so much less pain to deal with.  I do like that you guys are trying to find a new currency to reward for contests and events, it was needed in my opinion.  I just think the current implementation of that idea is absolutely horrible.

• Like 6

So the administration tells us that these gem system is so that lower level players will be able to up their girls above their own level to be able to compete better. Okay, I get that. But what I don't get is why one also needs gems to be able to level up a girl to ones own level. I get it that you would need them to get them above your own level but that you also need them to even get a girl to your own current level? That is clearly absurd. In short it is nothing but a slap to the face of its players while misdirecting them with utter lies of competition. Clearly the rest of us are just here to get slapped around while the whales keep on feeding.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

So now not only im forced to level all girls (im only level 197 with 67 girls) cause every week the blesing changes and my choosen girls r useless, and all other players level their harems so i stoped in PVP suddenly - now also im getting frustrated while doing villains, places of power and pachinko - instead like before feeling joy from rewards i see those damn gems and im like who the hell thought its gonna do any good for game and player community.

I'm getting frustrated, while i hate P2W attitude i thought: "maybe im gonna give KK some money during christmass and new year, if it will be worth it for my progress" - but im not sure i'm gonna get that far...

They stuffed gems in our a$$e$ while feeding us with new cap level.

We shall see what gonna be next but im not really optimistic...

• Like 7

I generally buy books every time the market is available and keep them for times like this, when the Legendary Contest asks for XP. Right now I have like 800 purple books, and around 400 or so gold books.

Now that I can only do 50 levels at a time do you think I'm gonna go through all those books? There is no reward worth that work. You guys have made the game less fun with this Awaken crap.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, blaa said:

latter was misspelled, with some thinking you could figure, it was meant to be command, but fair enough that's on me. And no, that's the way you can get the info from the game -> open console -> join your harem -> choose harem.html in console settings -> put command in console -> then this happens:

image.png.5adc3af77b6b41e28a6a90036cc19f2d.png

there are many links to the user script here in the forum, if you interessted, you can easily find it over the search bar or look it up on discord, if you are there

edit: and i agree, this feature is in many ways poorly introduced, but one of the worst point is, that it's not at all user friendly, i.e. no overview how many gems you have, how many girls you have on which level, how many gems you need - sometimes you wonder what a game 'designer' does.

I see no "open console"  or "search bar" in the pull down menu.

Awakening system is dog shit. I'm forced to waste resources on girls just so I can level up my most powerful girls that I actually use weekly to stay competitive with people level 375+. Straight garbage of a game mechanic. Please take it out of the game and give use dating tokens back.

It's also great to see my selling power get nerfed through the floor, since, you know, leveling up legendary girls is already so cheap to begin with. 🥴

Edited by LukeWarmbath
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, czaz said:

Now that I can only do 50 levels at a time do you think I'm gonna go through all those books? There is no reward worth that work. You guys have made the game less fun with this Awaken crap.

Yeah. Its a huge problem because. The work needed to level up many girls just isn't worth it. Even for one girl its really annoying. It is also hampering PvP for me. 

• Like 3

To put it simply.

Yeah, this whole thing is wonky.

Last night I used it on CxH for, well, event purposes.

I don't have that many girls but the whole thing of running down the list, clicking each one to put them up another 50 levels to raise them to run down the list... I can only imagine what it'll be like on HH.

Now, the good news (if its that) is that if you do a big XP dump in your girl it all still gets counted as Spend XP on Your Girl and Raise A Girl's level (even if you didn't raise them up). At least, that's how it seemed last night. Of course, I was blazing through doing that at 3:30am and my brain was somewhat shot.

On another note, the power imbalance is fully wonky now in Seasons and Tower. It reminds me of earlier when people would fully boost and you'd run into these Players with boosted stats well beyond their level and if you need to get by them then you need to boost too OR wait for the boost to go away.

Now its like, like... I'm having trouble describing it in a few catchy words so its like this...

There's two kinds of players on the Tower or season at the moment. Those who boosted and those who didn't. And the gap is pretty wide on if you can beat them or not with it being obvious on who is beatable. The thing is, there's going to be more of this happening to the point where you'll Have to boost yourself up with overclocking your girl's level just to stay even. And when everyone (or nearly everyone) does that, then what's the point of it all?

Oh, found my catchy phrase...

To roughly align what I said with what Syndrome said

And when I’m old and I’ve had my fun, I’ll sell my inventions so that everyone can be superheroes. Everyone can be a super! And when everyone’s super. No one will be.

• Like 3

Honestly, this is just another system I can't be bothered to even participate in unless I have no choice.  I'm currently  lvl 440 after several years of strictly free to play. I rarely get more than basic cash and xp from the tower and I find I am high enough lvl now that seasons are something i can get both girls and maybe one ore two items beyond the second one. The tower is random enough that even with boosters and blessings actually winning for me is alot more random than it should be, and since we have those extra things we have to take into account besides charm know how and hardcore I really have given up all attempts to genuinely try to win or calculate anything besides is the opponent lower level then me and by how much. I don't bother with PoC anymore due to in order to win the awards for beating the champion, I would have to spend more kobans there for the reward than getting them elsewhere in game. I fully expexted this awakening feature to run into that same wall of diminishing returns to the point where the cost to progress is far to much than I am willing to pay. 

I fully appreciate and encourage trying to improve the game, but this last year makes me wonder if even the devs know what they are trying to do here besides get players to pay more.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Pole Boy said:

They also took away the dating tokens I was saving for a mythic girl, And there's a glitch that will ask you to unlock the same lvl for a girl over and over,

A bit (a month or two?) late to the party, aren't you? Please don't derail the thread with older patches that have already been discussed to death in previous threads.

I thought of two things that would make this change much more palatable and would be relatively easy fixes.

1-  Make the "free" awakening tiers mirror the players level.  Currently tiers 50-250 are free upgrades.  However if you are higher than lvl 250 you have to pay a "tax" just to get girls to your level like you could before.  This is very unpleasant and unfair to the players.  The solution?  If a player reaches 300, then add the 300 bracket to the list of free ones.  If they get to 350, add 350 and so on.  This way you are only paying a fee for the levels your weren't getting before.  No feeling of getting "taxed."

2-  Remove the annoying and unnecessary hurdles of lvling a new lvl 1 character by removing the free tiers from the checkpoint system entirely (or rather, make them automatic without asking every time).  Currently, if I get a new lvl one character, not only do I have to feed it books like before, but i have to do a very painful and pointless "awakening check" for every 50 levels, which is both free and uneccessary.  If all the awakenings are free up to a certain level, then why even ask if we want to upgrade?  Of course we'd upgrade!  Don't waste our time and make leveling slow and painful to do.  The game should never ask us if we want a free awakening upgrade, it should be automatic/skipped.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Since the Sensual(blue) and Dominatrix(black) gems are hard to get from LC.Awakening girls should be other 6 types.Even the rare rarity.

For old players with 8 max level mythic girls.Discarding blue or black type girl and use the gems to other common girls can fasten your speed.
As of the millions of xp books.Platimum card rolls as usual.

When can Kinkoid restrict the mythic booster All mastery's Emblem to League fight only?

Oh and don't spend too much ymen on donation contest.Selling rare gear can get less then 1M now.

Edited by yoyowhan
  • Like 1

Was just leveling up some girls and just had to rant...

Why the hell do "free" awakenings exist?

I don't think you should have to awaken any girl who is below your level, but since you do, why the hell do you make us awaken girls for "free" at level 50, 100, 150, and 200?

Your making us click the awaken button and refresh the page so the awakening can be seen to take effect every 50 levels for nothing.

Your just wasting our time, and making most people say "screw it, I don't want to bother leveling up this girl anymore"

Edited by SpinelesS
  • Like 4
  • Hug 1