Awakenings are here

FinderKeeper

1 hour ago, Magic1986 said:

The only viable strategy for me is to maximize all mythics that i have and ignore blessings. Nothing else will be doable with this shitty new mechanic.

The problem with only upgrading your mythics is that you aren't actually allowed to. You need to level up at least 100 girls to level 700 in order to unlock the level 701 awakening. It's a bit more permissive at lower levels, but you still can't focus on just one team. Even for low-level players, you'll need to take 25 girls to level 300 before anyone can be awoken to level 301, so you can't just promote a single team of mythics.

The two strategies I see are to focus on commons or legendaries. Commons are the cheapest to awaken, meaning you can quickly upgrade your team of 7 mythics by making all your other awakenings commons. However, there are only 22 5-star commons in the entire game, and even then 5-star commons are only barely PVP viable and require very strong blessings just to match an unblessed mythic of the same level. This means you basically won't be able to take advantage of blessings unless it just so happens to benefit your chosen team, nor will you be able to counter people who aren't running balance since you won't have other PVP viable girls you can swap in to change your team speciality, which is a rather severe downside.

Alternatively, using your awakenings on your 5-star legendaries would let you take full advantage of blessings and counters with a diverse selection of girls at your highest level. This would let you spend all your gems on PVP-viable girls for the near-future. While spreading your gems out more thinly would mean you would have a lower level cap, you would never fall more than 100 levels behind due to the quadratic cost increases and most of the time you'd only be 50 levels behind. And once you've reached the level cap this approach is just plain better since you will have invested very little into useless 3-star girls.

I think for low-level players closer to level 250 focusing on one team probably makes the most sense. Low-level players probably don't even have that many 5-star legendaries to begin with. For high-level players that are closer to level 500 you already have a whole harem full of 5-star legendaries that have grandfathered awakenings so you may as well use them. So I'm going to go with that approach.

With regards to Epics and Rares, they can't really be the bulk of your strategy. There are only 9 rare girls with 5-stars and a mere 2 epic girls with 5-stars, so there just aren't enough PVP-viable girls of these rarities to satisfy even the lowest unlock requirements. While there are plenty of 3-star girls of these rarities, rare 3-stars are never useful in PVP and epic 3-stars are only useful in PVP in extreme cases (double blessing on a week where almost no legendary or mythic is blessed, which only happens once in a blue moon), so you may as well just go with cheaper 3-star commons if these girls aren't going to be useful in PVP anyways.

I do think that eventually kinkoid does need to address the fact that stars matter more than rarity. All else equal 3-star legendary is about equal in PVP value to a 5-star common, so it really doesn't make sense for them to cost more gems. I think all 3-star girls should cost the same amount of gems as commons to awaken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, holymolly said:

I´m pretty confident that a lot of players will go for the mythic girl (myself included) :D

I´m also going to upgrade all of my mythics to 500 first and then I´ll see what to do ..

especially if we get a mythic norou 👉
👈 (yeah I know.. I just stop campaigning for norou but it´s norou so :P)

I will gladly listen to you sing when you realize that you do not have enough gems for your existing girls ... ;)

• Thinking 1

21 minutes ago, rebirther said:

I will gladly listen to you sing when you realize that you do not have enough gems for your existing girls ... ;)

which girls? Upgrading my girls from 451 to 500 doesn´t cost me anything 🤔 (well except xp obviously)

@Attirm yeah .. I feel like probably most of the players (with enough resources) that I´ve saw/ talked to will try to go for the mythic "headstart" (especially with next weeks blessings on hh): so level your mythics until you can´t anymore and than go for the cheapest girls-> to level your mythics even more. Obviously level 701+ isn´t easy for most of the players.. I´d even say for 99,99% players because it doesn´t just need a shit ton of gems but also a unbelievable amount of xp.
I´ll guess we´re still going to see some lv 600 mythics within a week (from the Gogeta´s etc.,... :P )

8 minutes ago, rebirther said:

While you upgrade new ones to 500, your competitors in the league will upgrade their existing girls to 550. ;)

When was I talking about upgrading new girls ? All girls I plan to upgrade are girls I currently own that are lvl 451 so it´s just xp for me and my "competitors" aren´t the z-waves/ gogetas so I´m pretty sure that MY competitors also have plenty of work with lvl 500 atm ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, holymolly said:

When was I talking about upgrading new girls ? All girls I plan to upgrade are girls I currently on that are lvl 451 so it´s just xp for me and my "competitors" aren´t the z-waves/ gogetas so I´m pretty sure that MY competitors also have plenty of work with lvl 500 atm ;)

O sancta simplicitas!

-Jan Hus

Good luck bro! ;)

• Hug 1

1 minute ago, rebirther said:

O sancta simplicitas!

-Jan Hus

Good luck bro! ;)

You´re aware that this is the English forum and not the Spanish , are you? :D 

So much for fatuousness :P , bro ;) !

(Jokes aside I´d really appreciate at least some content in you´re message..because I really don´t understand what your problem with my first comment was?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, holymolly said:

You´re aware that this is the English forum and not the Spanish , are you? :D 

So much for fatuousness :P , bro ;) !

(Jokes aside I´d really appreciate at least some content in you´re message..because I really don´t understand what your problem with my first comment was?)

That's Latin, and Jan Hus was Checz ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

With the 24000 gems they're giving away to everyone, anyone currently at level 451 or higher will be able to awaken up to level 600 immediately, while the level 401-451 bracket (which includes me) will have level 550's. That means everyone in Dicktator 3 is running at least level 550. Many people will probably wait for Legendary Contests day 4 to actually make the upgrade, but that's happening before the ending of the next league.

If what Rosso says is true about 24000 gems being about one month worth of progress, then most free players who are currently in D3 will be up to level 700 within 6 months. For a "waiting game" played over the course of years, this is going to be a very quick transformation and if you get complacent you might fall behind. I'm only level 434, and based on my spreadsheet plan, I anticipate to have my first level 650's before the end of the year. If you're still sitting at level 500 by the end of December, you aren't going to be D3 anymore.

I suspect a lot of people will grab the December mythic, and some may even awaken it, but they'll quickly see they're being surpassed by players lower level than them. I suspect it will be January where the participation in Mythic Days really falls off a cliff. As that will be when it's obvious to even the most oblivious player that you either invest in awakening your grandfathered girls or you don't get to stay in your current league.

Edited by Attirm
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, Attirm said:

If what Rosso says is true about 24000 gems being about one month worth of progress, then most free players who are currently in D3 will be up to level 700 within 6 months.

You will be limited by the amount of books available, we are talking of tens of millions of XP.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, jelom said:

You will be limited by the amount of books available, we are talking of tens of millions of XP.

I plan to unlock the 60 girl requirement for the level 601 awakening with 22 common, 7 rare, 2 epic, 37 legendary, and 2 mythic girls. All of them are currently level 434, so taking them to level 600 will cost me approximately 8.3 million XP. That's close to ten million, but not tens of millions. 

You're certainly right that this will be a difficult amount of XP to accrue in one month's time. Given my kobon stockpile I might be able to swing that many shop refreshes, but very few players will be willing to do so. So yeah, there will be some level 650's by the end of December but it won't be the majority.

Has anyone mentioned how we are supposed to use the mythic magazines (20k xp) we get from the free bundles if we aren't already a high level? I'm on the test server at level 81 and I got a mythic magazine just to check what would happen. It won't let me use the magazine on any of the girls, which is the same as when the level cap was set at our player level. The gems are nice, but if we can't actually use the xp bonuses to go with them it doesn't make much sense.

Edit: They did change this with the patch, you can use the mythic books to go over level cap now, all is well(ish).

Edited by CyrilFiggis
More info available

7 hours ago, Attirm said:

You're certainly right that this will be a difficult amount of XP to accrue in one month's time. Given my kobon stockpile I might be able to swing that many shop refreshes, but very few players will be willing to do so. So yeah, there will be some level 650's by the end of December but it won't be the majority.

And that's the main problem, that now people can pay real money to win.

Boring.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Attirm said:

I plan to unlock the 60 girl requirement for the level 601 awakening with 22 common, 7 rare, 2 epic, 37 legendary, and 2 mythic girls. All of them are currently level 434, so taking them to level 600 will cost me approximately 8.3 million XP. That's close to ten million, but not tens of millions. 

Right for level 600, calculate again for 700 plus 7 girls at 750

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kenrae said:

And that's the main problem, that now people can pay real money to win.

Boring.

Imagine, if you will, a gem system which was centered around the character instead of the harem. New adventures to find the gems for a unique suit of armor and gaining new character abilities as the armor came closer and closer to completion.

Would we be seeing adventures and stories (side quests) where our character was absent? Would we be wondering if it was just blind clicking and spending money to win? Would we be seeing a 99.9% objection to the new system? The game developers seem to have lost sight of their own basic game premise and it shows.

9 hours ago, CyrilFiggis said:

Has anyone mentioned how we are supposed to use the mythic magazines (20k xp) we get from the free bundles if we aren't already a high level? I'm on the test server at level 81 and I got a mythic magazine just to check what would happen. It won't let me use the magazine on any of the girls, which is the same as when the level cap was set at our player level. The gems are nice, but if we can't actually use the xp bonuses to go with them it doesn't make much sense.

The xp don´t expire if you hit a gemcap. So if you use the magazine on a lvl 1, she will be instantly lvl 50 cap. If you uncap her she will be 100; if you uncap her she will be instantly 150 until the xp are used up and she reaches her real level. She already has these xp, you just can´t see it because of the cap. So it´s not wasted^^

36 minutes ago, Saradis said:

The xp don´t expire if you hit a gemcap. So if you use the magazine on a lvl 1, she will be instantly lvl 50 cap. If you uncap her she will be 100; if you uncap her she will be instantly 150 until the xp are used up and she reaches her real level. She already has these xp, you just can´t see it because of the cap. So it´s not wasted^^

But you can't use the magazine because it gives more XP than the girl cap, that's how mythic books work.
Currently. I guess that will change with the update.

5 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

But you can't use the magazine because it gives more XP than the girl cap, that's how mythic books work.
Currently. I guess that will change with the update.

On the ptr this works at least. Gave a lot of girls the 2500xp-books and had to go through several gemcaps before I reached the actual level. Maybe I don´t understand the real problem here but on the ptr it´s no problem at all and I would be surprised if it would work differently on the liveserver

11 minutes ago, Saradis said:

On the ptr this works at least. Gave a lot of girls the 2500xp-books and had to go through several gemcaps before I reached the actual level. Maybe I don´t understand the real problem here but on the ptr it´s no problem at all and I would be surprised if it would work differently on the liveserver

I said mythic book. 2500xp book is legendary, not mythic.

The 2500 XP book is an legendary, not an mythic book. The mythic worked so that your girl needs more XP as they give to reach the Level cap.

To slow again... It must be the cold november that makes me so slow... 😉

Edited by bolitho76
  • Haha 1

So is this already glitched? The Patch notes say it is for putting girls past their current level cap, but the current level cap was my level. Now it is wanting me to gem every 50 levels even if she is level 250 and I am level 400+. I get it for over your current level but making us do it for under is some messed up stuff.

Gem bug..JPG

• Like 1