Club Champions drop formula

lepidocter

Hello.  I did some research finding only complex or partial answers. My Club is asking for the shard drop rate of Club Champions.

I know this depend on the percentage of impression you deal (something like 1.5% for one shard, add one for any extra 1%.... right?), modified by the number of people joining the fight.

The last part is a bit obscure, as I found a table that give an example, but not a formula I can report to the Club for various instances.

Have you something about? Thank you (and no, the Wiki isn't of any help).

• Like 1

Hey, it's me the guy that makes all the spreadsheets for HH. Keeping this spreadsheet updated with the latest change, you can help me by filling out this google form. Won't be that hard to get all the needed data like it took the last two times. I'm very disappointed that this is how they changed it, maybe later I can tell you guys why it changed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

il y a 2 minutes, Semiramis a dit :

The percentage does seem to play a role. For example:

4 participants on 0,76% = 2 shards

20 participants on 43,25% = 4 shards

Your example could also show that number of participants is the only variable.

Unless you have different shard results with the same number of participants but different %/impression, this proves nothing :)

Interestingly, the number of shards is absolutely not linear: 4 Participants = 2, 20 Participants (x5) = 4 (x2), and 37 participants (x9.25) = 5 (x2.5).

the Patch notes also say: "These changes will result in more shards on average available for everyone." I'm thinking this may be false as if the incentive for the stronger players is gone now you get 0 shards as there not going to win by the end of the month. Will have to see what happens this month and next.

51 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

@SemiramisThe Patch-Notes say: theres nothing another that play a role outside the percentage of participating clubmembers.

I dont know if the percentage actually matters or the number of participants.

A data point from my club - we were at 11 participants from 31 total, which results in 3 shards. We cleaned up a bit and now we are at 11/26 and we are still at 3 shards, even tho our participation rate jumped from 35 to 42%.

19 minutes ago, 430i said:

A data point from my club - we were at 11 participants from 31 total, which results in 3 shards. We cleaned up a bit and now we are at 11/26 and we are still at 3 shards, even tho our participation rate jumped from 35 to 42%.

I'm in a club of 40 people. The number of shards was 3 for 14 participants (35%) and is now 4 for 16 participants (40%) so it might be based purely on the number of challengers, which sounds a bit odd if you ask me...

• Like 1

If it's only the number of participants with the potential max of shards only to gain with 40 participants than it's a very, very bad design. There are more clubs with not maxed member cap or some memebership places open so this will be a great disadvantage to them. I can't imagine that the devs make such a mistake... Oh, excuse me, it's Kinkoid... Ok. It's thinkable and sadly probably that it will be so.

Aditional data: 3 participants from 38: 2 shards - 12 participants from 38: 3 shards - 16 participants from 38: 4 shards.

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Yamiray said:

wow, I was at estimated 32 shards last night and because of the change its now 3. guess I have no reason to do anymore

The shard drop shown during the match was bogus before. It was calculated using current impression done instead of total impression. That was why your shards would drop when others did more challenges. It gave a false impression that you compete with your clubmates for shards. Based on what you said, they may have fixed this issue. So, the shard drop is now your real number.

8 minutes ago, Methos2 said:

The shard drop shown during the match was bogus before. It was calculated using current impression done instead of total impression. That was why your shards would drop when others did more challenges. It gave a false impression that you compete with your clubmates for shards. Based on what you said, they may have fixed this issue. So, the shard drop is now your real number.

Not sure what you mean by real number, Last month I was getting shard pay outs in the 30 range each time. So the range it was giving before is what I got. Right now it seems like the number is not going to move much. We are at 33% done at the moment and I'm 85% of that work and its still showing 3. why would I want to push much efferent into that small of an amount.

• Like 1

Devs are probably doing some sort of "Let's end this game" speedrun... The amount of bad changes in this game is completely beyond any I've seen before... How the fuck you expect that the strong players will actually defeat the boss if they have to do TONS of work only to get the same amount a weak ass, 1 ticket participant gets?

That's INCREDIBLY bad, for strong AND weak players in your club... How they get to the conclusion that "these changes will result in more shards on average available for everyone" is beyond my human mind elaboration capacity...

7 hours ago, Yamiray said:

Not sure what you mean by real number, Last month I was getting shard pay outs in the 30 range each time. So the range it was giving before is what I got. Right now it seems like the number is not going to move much. We are at 33% done at the moment and I'm 85% of that work and its still showing 3. why would I want to push much efferent into that small of an amount.

Before this change, the shards shown can go up or down as the match progressed. Some players took that as an indication CC is a competition among clubmates, as opposite to a co-operative feature.  For example, if the club has reached 50% of champion impression and your shard drop is shown to be 10. If you stopped fighting for the rest of the match and no new participants, you will get 5 shards instead of 10. This is because you were never guaranteed to have the 10 shards because the game calculated the shard using the current impression (50% in this case), not the total 100%. This is why I called the number bogus. If the shard was always calculated using the total impression, it should show 5 shards when the champion impression reached 50% because you are guaranteed to have that many shards even if you don't fight anymore. This is what I called real number. I'm hoping with the rework, the shard shown is now the guaranteed number, not some number that will go up and down.

14 minutes ago, Methos2 said:

Before this change, the shards shown can go up or down as the match progressed. Some players took that as an indication CC is a competition among clubmates, as opposite to a co-operative feature.

I still preferred what the system was to now or evened before. the number show near the end was pretty much what you where going to get. When it first came out it was a growing range (1-X) so even for near end if showed 1-30 you could still only get 1 for doing a large amount of the work and some one with 1-5 could get 5. There patch notes would make more sense if they where referring to the old old system when they say on average you'll get more. but now its just low no mater what you do.

7 minutes ago, Yamiray said:

There patch notes would make more sense if they where referring to the old old system when they say on average you'll get more. but now its just low no mater what you do.

I agree that the patch should improve how many shards we get. I don't know the new formula so I can't comment whether or not the change is good. What I tried to say is that the shard number shown during the match should reflect the guaranteed value, not some meaningless number that can go up and down. We shouldn't need to wait till close to the end to know the number. Some players may become panic when their numbers go down and they will rush the matches. That usually don't help anyone.

When feature appeared first time it was very dependent on RNG, but averages were good, but some people complained loudly after a bad RNG gave them only one shard just one time. Kinkoid changed the formula to a fixed one (for every number of participants and percentage of impression done) that gave a lower number of shards than the previous average but at least keep rewarding the people that invested more tickets with more shards.

Some people keep complaining so now it has been changed again to a system where all players receive equal shards with a maximum of 5, and now, it is impossible to get the girl. Why? Because now there are no incentives to do a lot of fights if you are going to get the same shards as the one that did just one fight. The one ticket players won't start to suddenly pour loads of tickets into the club champion and the heavy spenders will restrain in their efforts if they are going to get such meager bounty, so now instead of taking one day to finish the champion it will take many days, so in the end people will get less shards than before during the month.

My suggestion is going back to the original system with the random shards, it gave more reward for your efforts, even if some times you could get just one shard (but that by itself was a deterrent to rush the club champion by a single player).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well this is rather simple to fix;

1: Set the base to 3-5 shards. That's for 1 fight. 
Then add in another shards per % contribution you do. So if you put the base to 4, and you do 5% then you get 9 shards.

2: Incentive to fight the boss even if you do not have the girl.
Make the reward a chest like the Daily Goals, put some Gems/affection/girl xp/equipment/shards in there.
And if you already have the girl, change the shards out for 50-80 kobans or something.

• Like 3