New home layout is LIVE

Yamiray

On 3/29/2022 at 10:35 AM, 45026831 said:

I know how to do it, but the problem is that it involves an extra network call every time you're on the page, so I'm reluctant to do it and hoping KK add it back themselves. I might add it as something that's off by default, though no guarantees.

Added in v1.11.12, but off by default

image.png.e09d4258d196145df050f5137836c9d7.png

image.png.c2ce4e24cb93d34848d99bb52facf238.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Hearts 3

I've just finished a script that improves the Waifu display

image.png.b267c6538588f7e1c92a924276d9feda.png

Features include

• Change the pose on the home page
  • Edit the pose by moving and zooming to correct girls that go off screen
  • Randomize Waifu
  • Cycle Waifu - changes to a random girl every time you visit the homepage
  • Select favorite girls
  • Change Randomize and Cycle Waifu Mode - between All girls or just your favorites.

you can find my script here: https://github.com/zoop0kemon/hh-zoo-script/blob/main/hh-zoo-script.js

Notes:

• My script needs Number's script to work
  • You have to visit the harem page first for it to work.
  • Click the name to select an individual girl.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Hearts 2

@430i They basically asked us mods just that (and which ones were the most crucial) before doing the survey. Everything about the script is awesome, including the fact it gives us more options to tailor our experience to our preferences, but there are some missing features it makes up for that really should be in the game itself. Baby steps. ^^

• Like 3
  • Hearts 1

I personally worry about that "do you find the left navigation intuitive or not" question.  It's very black and white answers, I wasn't sure which to pick...

(aside/OT, I also thought it was ironic the one question I didn't care about, was one of the two they didn't have an "i don't care" response for)

Vote well :)

Edited by jpanda
  • Like 2

On 4/9/2022 at 7:23 AM, jpanda said:

I personally worry about that "do you find the left navigation intuitive or not" question.  It's very black and white answers, I wasn't sure which to pick...

I agree.

The issue that I have with the left pane is NOT that it is difficult to navigate - it is fine as far as these things go.

It is that it completely removes the nexus between the activities in the game that the "town layout" had.

I'd like the option to slide that left menu in/out of the way, and it to revert to the town map in the background when then left menu is hidden.  In fact, I think the town map should be the default, as it helps to learn the game. Then you can optionally slide the left menu out if you want "speed."

• Like 2

Honestly, maybe the town map has run its course as the default background for the main page. After all, "Begin City" is the tutorial. I think it was @lepidocter who suggested having a basic landing page when you open the game, and then a main page for playing the game. The tutorial town background could be this basic landing page. And then we could have a simpler, closer background (similar to HCL's when you visit the harem there) that would make sense with the Waifu centerpiece and the fact that in-game buttons are no longer each "linked" to a particular area on the background. So, basically a bedroom, or something similar.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

From my point of view it will be a good thing to change the background of the game if you have the waifu active, but not if you have the feature disabled.

It's allways a pain to me to see the "new" layout, even after some time to grow familar with it (and I had tried it for more than a week) and I'm very happy that in the script is the chance to change the Layout to the much more (in my eyes) meaningfull and better "old-style" Version.

I didn't use the waifu-feature and until now there is no reason to me to use it in the future (who knows, wonders are possible). I remember voting for it in the survey, but only to not vote for much worser features, but this is another discussion (and hopefully not necessary any more if they go ahead with the surveys like in the last one 😉 )

A solution could be to have the town background with the meaningfull old-style Layout (I know there are players who like the new Layout more and feel that this will more meaningfull... 🥴 ) as default setting and if you have the waifu active the background and the layout change to the "new" Layout and another background. For waifu-background a bedroom will be a good idea, I think. With this you can choose and use the setting that fit for you personally at most.

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Honestly, maybe the town map has run its course as the default background for the main page. After all, "Begin City" is the tutorial.

From my point of view (i'm one of the "i like my town" people) begin city was fine. I get what you mean with "is the tutorial" but for me in this city is where my (actually bunny's probably😂) home is and where my harem is located. Basically my "safe" place where to go back between the adventures (even if we do not really have a moment to rest).

Like uhm... in kingdom hearts i was always leading to Traverse town for a reason or another (the begin town) or Digimon adventure you always end in File town (the begin town), etc.....

So yeah i liked going around my (changing) town 😂 that's just to share my thinking/feelings nothing more.

For the waifu i'm not using it either for now, maybe if they approve the "put a line of waifu and it changes girls every time you go back in town" i'll think about using it :) 

Cheers

• Like 2