Thanks.  Leagues should become more familiar and functional afterwards.

Should collaborate w/ @430i as well, so could get expired boosters highlighted red, highest player rankings, and hiding fought opponents.  Zoo already knows of it though.

image.png

19 hours ago, 430i said:

Here are few improvements in the league table:

- hide/show opponents

- highlight expired boosters (although who knows whether they really expired)

- show girl power and themes (instead of the useless synergy popup)

- button to load the user profile data (but not really show it) - this will show their best D3 results in the league table, but only after reload

• Like 5

While I enjoy self-inflicting pain and suffering (as in I play with nothing but KK's original code, no scripts), I'll give you an uwu, for the sake of my fellow non-masochist forum dwellers

Anyway, comparing your version and the version they put on the live server, if I didn't know who made them, I must say I'd have a really hard time identifying which one was made by someone who actually plays the damn game and which one was made by someone who probably logged in last time in 2019. (/sarcasm)

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • GG 1

1 hour ago, -MM- said:

As soon as this post gets 69+ reactions

Are there even 69 people left in the forums any longer?
I mean 2 years ago before the BDSM nonsense and the halving of D3 winner's prize pool we easily had hundreds of people in the forums.

But nowadays it's more of a ghost town. I think. That's my perception anyway.
1683101347026.jpg.7697af4401805d82b764b23e31a31342.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hug 2

What a good-like script (and way to introduce it 🤩), that is exactly what one would expect from game designers who are actually playing this game: More relevant info and options with less clicks, and in combination with what HH++ does already a much better overview. Thank you sooo much, I hope for a soon unlock.

• Like 3
  • Juicy peach 2

2 hours ago, -MM- said:

Hello my dear fellow players

Everything you can see on the screenshot is fully functional 😄

You ROCK, you madman! ❤️ I need this yesterday (preferably before @Darkyz_, @jeandelalune, @ArchimHead or any other heavy hitter in the ridiculously hard group I'm with this week... Actually, can I have it now and them next Thursday? ^^ No particular reason...)

2 hours ago, -MM- said:

As soon as this post gets 69+ reactions, I will publish the script.

1 hour ago, Fiel said:

Are there even 69 people left in the forums any longer?

image.png

Yeah, I don't think regular non-lurkers are that many right now.

How about we change our selections so that at least two consecutive emoticons are at 6 and 9 respectively? This or when we reach 34.5 reactions. Whichever comes first? 🙏

image.png

There you go! image.png

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Haha 6
  • Hearts 1

16 minutes ago, Gotaku said:

MM needs to stay happily retired from the game and Kinkoid needs to learn to fix their own mess. 😄

I would be happy if they at least let community members fix their mess, i.e. implementing the unquestionable enhancements from scripts into the game, or at least ask active players how they need it before doing a half-baked change.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Gotaku said:

Don't give him the reactions. MM needs to stay happily retired from the game and Kinkoid needs to learn to fix their own mess. 😄

Weirdest thing just happened. I was going for a medium-rare roast with "show us on the doll where Rosso touched you..." when... this appeared in my head :/🚬

Baby doll with gasoline burning | Stock Video | Pond5

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Don't worry, that 1st was buying refills, so you will catch up at the end of the league for sure, when he has no challenges left to perform 😉.

Sush, i know it ;) Just wanted to give some motivation.

• uwu 1

I didn't think there would be so many reactions so quickly 😮

4 hours ago, Lasis said:

Does sorting work with this one?

I didn't fix it because it will be fixed by Kinkoid by the following Wednesday.

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

You ROCK, you madman! ❤️ I need this yesterday (preferably before @Darkyz_, @jeandelalune, @ArchimHead or any other heavy hitter in the ridiculously hard group I'm with this week... Actually, can I have it now and them next Thursday? ^^ No particular reason...)

😂

Since I only play HH.com I will select some players from those who have shown a reaction and they will receive the script a few hours earlier - you just qualified - I hope the small head start is enough for you 😄

> Who is also interested, just write me a DM on Discord. Username: __.mm.__

• uwu 2

[Unpopular opinion, here we go]

While I appreciate a lot what the script wizards are doing for us (this is not a slight on them, at all), I hate with as much passion the change aversion and the need for a handout that the community is expressing on every update that changes their day-to-day habits.

Yes, obviously, those features are churned out too quick, without enough proper testing and way too much bugs, the majority of which could be avoided with a real testing/feedback period on Test Server, but I also think this state of things is a tiny bit on us, when you read that half of the feedback is just "This sucks, cancel the feature and/or go back to how it was before", it can get depressing and all the constructive feedbacks get watered down by the grumpy cats.

I for one welcome the change, the need to change our state of mind and go around the bugs, this isthis need for adaptability and thinking outside the box a minimum that draws me in the strategix part of those games.

If everybody on a competitive level uses the same tools that do 90% of the thinking for them (me included, I'm not adverse to scripts, this would be stupid of me to play with a handicap for principles and I have all the respect in the world for those wizards doing their magic), the strategic aspect is diminished and the impact of RNG and whaling is enhanced, which all people here will complain about one day or another, I feel that's hypocritical.

And sorry, @DvDivXXX, this is the exact reason you will lose to me and/or jeandelalune this week, we're bigger whales than you, so the less strategy is involved, the less chance you have at an upset victory 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • uwu 1

@Darkyz_ You're not wrong that we may have gotten biased towards hating any new content they release, however there's a few reasons for that:

1. The playerbase, at the least from what I can see on discord, lost all trust on Kinkoid, this is due to many reasons, their release stuff first, fix later mentality, time constraints, putting features from other games that don't exacly fit into harem heroes, and their disconnect to the playerbase, as in disregarding most feedback and focusing on their view for the game
2. Especially old players, seem to want the game to go back to when it was a casual game, one where trying to min-max everything wasn't a necessity and doing PvP wasn't a necessity, going back to a casual game isn't possible, I don't see Kinkoid doing that at all as it is less profitable, however I also see that the game currently has too much of a need for doing PvP, as in the rewards are so high compared to all PvE options, that we're kind of forced into doing PvP and then have nowhere to go besides leaving the game when we're burdened
3. Currently most of the feedback Kinkoid gets currently I would say comes from their focus group instead, all of the Moderators and the few surveys they do every now and then...
4. Besides the fact that their release stuff first, fix later mentality causes any new content to come filled with bugs or unbalanced, we've seen examples where the developers doesn't even know how their own combat system works currently, which also might be due to their disconnect from the playerbase

Edited by Dogurasu53
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Juicy peach 4

39 minutes ago, Dogurasu53 said:

Besides the fact that their release stuff first, fix later mentality causes any new content to come filled with bugs or unbalanced

This really is the biggest issue, along with the fact the there are obviously no real players involved in design decisions. There are so many obvious bugs, GUI difficulties etc, which make many of the changes, whether they are good ideas or not, cause more problems than what they may try to address, at least at first.

• Adding extensive girls features (GG and skills) where one needs to open the harem often, navigate back and forth and/or have a good overview, while the harem takes 5 seconds to open, gives zero overview over skills or equipment, but just per girl, and allows to change them only when navigating to a girl's sub page, and from there back to the harem with next 5 seconds, is just complete rubbish to anyone who seriously plays this game. Every real player immediately recognises this huge discrepancy between the idea of adding certain features with complexity (which I am not even again in general, I like depth and complexity), and what the GUI practically allows to manage. And then the community mentions this and gives (not always but also) constructive feedback, writes scripts to address the GUI issues as good as possible, but KK seems to just completely ignores this, with the harem being just as impracticable as it was, but with another girl's feature added so that one needs to waste more time staring on this dammit carrot.
  • And this league update is just a perfect next example: The idea is good, but it was completely unfinished, with rough bugs and problems which we all immediately recognised on test server and reported here on the forum. And despite that, it was merged just like that. That is just dumb! Yes I mean it: pure stupidity in terms of any serious game development! The bugs are (still) one sting, but the other is the again impracticable GUI paired with slow performance, which every player immediately recognises as a problem: Longer page loads, and on top of that again one needs to navigate a lot more back and forth. That does simply not fit together.

It is really that simple: Just ask the players what they need and how they need it, and all will be fine. Do real testing iterations with ways to formally give feedback on the testing server, and it will be sane. Of course not everyone is always happy with everything, but this constant shit storms and negative bias would be gone quickly fore sure.

This script of @-MM- is just a perfect example of how it looks like when a real player does the design decision. A serious feedback iteration about a league rework would have surely lead to a result very close to this, and now compare the feedback here (yeah, positive vs negative bias, I know, still ...) to what KK got in the other thread.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Hug 1

52 minutes ago, Darkyz_ said:

If everybody on a competitive level uses the same tools that do 90% of the thinking for them (me included, I'm not adverse to scripts, this would be stupid of me to play with a handicap for principles and I have all the respect in the world for those wizards doing their magic), the strategic aspect is diminished and the impact of RNG and whaling is enhanced, which all people here will complain about one day or another, I feel that's hypocritical.

I've paid my dues by purposely playing the bare vanilla game for my first two years. A lot of habits, pattern recognition and strategies I developed back then still influence my moves to this day. I only started using the script once I got in D3, and I never used it as a crutch, just an extra set of tools to make every aspect of my league plan easier to build, adjust, and implement.

Even for the past few days with essentially no tool at all, lots of misleading information and a total lack of basic tools, I'm handicapped just like every serious league competitor is, but certainly less than many others who do rely too much on the script(s) as you're hinting at. I'm still playing, and my average right now is not looking too bad for how little patience I have for raw min-maxing with an obtrusive interface. :ph34r:💢

59 minutes ago, Darkyz_ said:

And sorry, @DvDivXXX, this is the exact reason you will lose to me and/or jeandelalune this week, we're bigger whales than you, so the less strategy is involved, the less chance you have at an upset victory 😉

We'll see about that, won't we? ^^ I'm no whale at all; I'm but a humble F2Mod shark. ^^ I'm fairly confident the total amount of real money I've spent on this game over the past 4 years is comfortably below Jean's monthly subscription or yours. You've both been winning D3s long before me, though (presumably including a significant period of time during the dreaded Older Account Wins 14k era, in your case). I have a couple aces up my sleeve, but ofc I'm not confident it'll be enough to beat either of you this time or anytime soon. I'm not leaving money on the table, though. You'll have to duke it out to the bitter end regardless (I mean you would even if I weren't there with you two, and there are quite a few less likely contenders, but still up and coming challengers with us). If whoever remains standing after your duel happens to fall on their knees, then on my sword during their victory lap, so be it. 🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I agree that the testing phase is way underused, you might have read me expressing that very fact numerous times "to their faces" in the restricted place we have as mods to express things  (well, Sanman's face mostly, who has the internal fortitude to own KK's choices, even if he can't do everything against his bosses' choices, he at least tries... a lot). This is definitely a problem they need to address.

But I'm sorry, the feedbacks from your point 2. are not constructive feedbacks, the more of this (in my mind) retrograde way of thinking we get, the more the real forward-thinking gets watered down and, in turn, seemingly ignored.

The 'us vs them" mentality will never ever lead to anything good, what it creates is "us" getting frustrated and constantly negative one hand, and "them" getting frustrated and being more weary to read any feedback.

The great gaming communities are the ones where players and devs work in tandem, together towards a better, more complete gaming experience, not the ones where players are always trying to fuck on the devs and devs aren't able/willing to listen to the Nth comment that just tells them they do shot (but keep playing it, still, for some reason...)

Trust goes both ways, yes, players got burnt and lost trust in KK, that's fair, but I'd wager it's also the case the other way around...

• Like 3
  • uwu 1

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to Leagues++ Script
  • DvDivXXX unpinned this topic