[ September 10th, 2023 ] LD #39 - Limona 🔴 & Imogen 🔴

Ravi-Sama

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to [ September 10th, 2023 ] LD #39 - Limona 🔴 & Imogen 🔴
  • Ravi-Sama featured and pinned this topic

That was fast: 100 shards drop from the first charge of CPs, including LR top 1000 rewards:

ld.png.3cb862a04406427c90c222111fd7ed65.png

Imogen is still two worlds away: I'm about to finish Heroes University, next is Ninja sacred lands with Karole, and Imogen is kept by Jackson's Crew in Splatters Archipelago. Hence LD is finished for me ~45 minutes after its start 😄.

I already got both LD girls last month from 100 shard drops, so my cheap LD streak continues.

Btw, Pudding Limona is blessed next week, probably relevant for those which do not have many M6 girls yet.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 2
  • Surprised :O 2
  • Hearts 1
  • GG 4

As of the LR event, I would reconsider twice whether using SPs outside of MD/R is a good idea. Already without any event with CP objective, the pure koban-per-shard benefit of SPs for LD is minimal, considering gem, ticket and gift drops probably zero, but with current LR definitely negative.

• Thinking 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Horsting said:

As of the LR event, I would reconsider twice whether using SPs outside of MD/R is a good idea. Already without any event with CP objective, the pure koban-per-shard benefit of SPs for LD is minimal, considering gem, ticket and gift drops probably zero, but with current LR definitely negative.

and what do you plan to gain with these 40 extra xtals? 5 champion tickets? 2 mil Ymen? The way I see these SB events is you get a girl or you get nothing so a couple extra fights in LD is like a drop in the rain.

Could be helpfull for LR if you can boost your ranking enough to get a higher reward from the 3days rankings. So it can be relevant in LR much more than in the SB format.

To me the expected aditional 160 combativity to get a girl without Sandalwood would allow me to reach top250 at the moment, without I would need some xtals more from other sources. If you only take a look to the counter for the girls it's truly barely noticeable, but with the better placements in the 3 days rankings it's a different thing. +88 xtals from one rank better (80 xtals and 8 combativity) in the Top Ranking seems not so much, but the whole difference between place 250 and place 500 at .com is at the moment ca. 160 xtals.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

I already had Imogen (the only past LD girl I'm still missing is 69 by now, which should be next month's LDR, fingers crossed).

I'm at 82% of Limona(de) so I might just finish her from regen.

I've used a couple of SPs because I had a few in stock and I don't feel that slowing myself down in LD is necessary to progress in the latest reward track of the month. I need to keep enough SPs for Jezebel's MDR and next month's MD, though.

Good luck, folks.

• Like 2

I actually kind of agree with @garadron, here.

The second girl of the LR is out of reach unless you whale hard. Of the four actually valuable rewards inbetween the two girls, the first one  (the six legendary bulbs) should be fairly approachable by any dedicated player that takes part in at least one between MD, LD or MDR and doesn't ignore completely the champion fights, the second one (the event pachinko orbs) could be achievable with a bit of extra effort and extra kobans investment (I'd say that an EvP orb isn't worthy of the required effort and kobans expense, but that is mine opinion), and the last couple of valuable rewards (mythic bulbs and MyPx3 orb) are whale gated exactly like the second girl is.

Not using SPs during MD/MDR/LD to snatch a little more crystals while refilling CPs for a "good cause" is definitely more valuable in SE than it is in LR. That said I only kind of agree with Garadron because I usually use SP on mythics only 😂

to go back on track with the actual topic, I had Imogen at 20 shards, and I brought her to 43. Next step will be to bring Limona to 40+ shards as well. After that, my priority will shift back to Imogen: while I like Limona's art more than Imogen's, knowing that Limona has the new "light" scenes is a huge turn off. A second point in Imogen's favour, she is with Jackson: fight for her shards would mean fighting for Balista's 22 shards I still miss, too, and it would also mean getting closer to unlocking his tier III as well

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, garadron said:

and what do you plan to gain with these 40 extra xtals? 5 champion tickets? 2 mil Ymen? The way I see these SB events is you get a girl or you get nothing so a couple extra fights in LD is like a drop in the rain.

It is not 40 extra Xtals, but about 167 extra Xtals for 100 shards, when assuming 10% drop chance and raised average drop from 2 => 3 shards. 334 extra Xtals when going for 100 shards of both LD girls. And I do not mean the rewards track, but mainly the ranking as explained by bolitho76. The event does now have this snowball effect where a better ranking in one period gives you a pole position for the next period, so that those 167 Xtals can be a lever for a lot more, direct Xtal rewards, the CP rewards, and then also the few extra tickets from the troll (okay that is really not much, so just for completeness). And also the reward track does have some valuable rewards (among the many tiny crap rewards). E.g. when managing to stay around top 500, it is probably possible to get the legendary bulbs. As the exact outcome is still in dusk, we do not know how the whales continue to rank (whether they can maintain the 5k - 10k positions throughout the event), I try to get every Xtal I can, especially in such cases where the overall benefit of using SPs is questionable even without an ME.

Speaking about ME => SE/R: Consequently not using SPs during LD also helped me get the 3rd girl in all of them, without spending any extra kobans (aside of the cards). Especially on the first of the recent SE/R wave with Navigator Selena it was very close: I got her with with last 10 kisses obtained from a champ stage 5 on the last day. Another thing which helped was that I was dumb to get the medium+big cards at the start of the event, so that their CP did not help me during MD/R 😅.

52 minutes ago, Antimon said:

Not using SPs during MD/MDR/LD to snatch a little more crystals while refilling CPs for a "good cause" is definitely more valuable in SE than it is in LR.

During MD/R, of course, at least 4 SPs are still mandatory. But I mostly did not use a 5th, also because I forget to re-equip another SP at least once and get a 1 shard drop, so that the 5th SP looses more of its value  😅. And as said, when aiming for the 3rd girl during SE, one will need the extra CPs used by skipping those SPs anyway. So it is situational then, whether one does not have this girl already (SER) and sees it as sufficiently valuable (Navigator Selena was my first blue L5, so very valuable to me).

Another benefit of not using SPs for players who do not have all troll girls: One does not need to switch to a clean tier but can farm the regular troll girls in the same turn.

• Like 2

37 minuti fa, Horsting ha scritto:

They clearly raised the 100 shard drops for LD girls in particular, isn't it? 🤔
There are significantly more related posts since last months in the LD topics and 100 shards drop topic, and in my case it is 3/3 100 shard drops for the LD girls I went for.

I honestly doubt it: had they really raised the x100 lucky shot chances they probably would have told us, even just as a form of valuable "damage control statement" to hit back and calm down the wave of negative feedback they are receiving. 

On personal experience, I can say my last lucky 100 previous to this was on Alt. Mala, a permanent pool girl, at the end of august (so quite recent indeed). Before that I got Lapis back in march, and I did not have a lucky 100 drop for quite some time before Lapis' 

@garadronhas a fair point.

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 2

While 4 of us is quite notable, as I also see no motivation/reason for this from KK side without mentioning it anywhere, I guess you are right and it is a coincidence among active forum users. Of course it could be also a bug, which is probably even the more likely scenario compared to an intentional gift 😄.

Update: 100 shards drop counter for LD girls skill increasing 😮.

Edited by Horsting
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

Stopped here because I don't want to spend more Koban. Need some for the MDR this month. My basic goals are reached.

image.png.3c0404fbf3826d648da5cf8e17f16e2e.png

image.png.db395b3cc2d1d14795eadcea08f4845f.png

Started with Imogen: 20 shards. 47 shards for Imogen and 43 for Limona. 202 combativity natural regen (and mostly full bar of combativity at the start), 122 combativity from Event rewards and weekly bundle and 200 combativity from refills are a total of 522 combativity for 52 drops with 90 shards.

• Like 1