Feedback thread for Patch - 07/02/2018

Blain

Let's start by re-posting what Kinkoid said in the Patch Note thread he/she started

Kinkoid

• Game Creator
  •  
  • Kinkoid
  • Administrators
  • 840 posts

We spoke about this for multiple months now, and it is nearly there, the new version of our Combat system and PVP. We were not really happy of the Harem duel system that was in the game since the beginning. We wanted to provide more complexity and more choices for the players. Combativity was used in both the arena and against the bosses, these two features competing against each other. Also, there was the fact that the bosses from each world were not adapted to the increase of the levels that we introduced in the version 2 of the game.
With these changes, the firsts of numerous to come, we are addressing these specifics points and desire to provide a more compelling experience for you. All the changes that will be introduced to you this wednesday are just below.

General

• The reload timer for the combativity will change from 10 minutes for each point to 30 minutes for each point

Adventures

• The Quest 6 for the Plaine of the Ritual is open: The Portal to Shokushu dimension is opening, will our hero be able to defeat singlehandedly the horrible plan of Finalmecia ?

PVP :

• The reward of the PVP will be scalled based on the opponent you took. The highest level your opponent is, greater the reward will be. This system is created to be sure that the arena stays as an interesting option through the whole game, not just in the beginning 

Bosses :

• The cost of combativity against bosses is lowered from 2 to 1
  • The bosses of each world will now level up when a certain amount of battles are done against them
  • When levelling up, his stats will increase as his reward
  • Dark Lord will level up every 10 wins against him, until he reaches level 30
  • Ninja Spy will level up every 9 wins against him, until he reaches level 50
  • Gruntt will level up every 8 wins against him, until he reaches level 70
  • Edwarda level up every 7 wins against her, until she reaches level 100
  • Donatien will level up every 6 wins against him, until he reaches level 130
  • Silvanus will level up every 5 wins against him, until he reaches level 170
  • Bremen will level up every 5 wins against him, until he reaches level 210
  • Finalmecia will level up every 5 wins against her, until she reaches level 260
  • If you lose 5 times in a row against a boss, his level will go down accordingly
  • The currentl level of the boss will be displayed in the world overview
  • The counter regarding the drop of girls will move from an overall system to a counter for each boss. The previous system had unsatisfactory result. After the update, each boss will count the number of successful fight without a girl as a reward and increase slightly the chance for the next battle
  • As a consequence of the previous point : all the combats done within the previous system will be divided between all the bosses of the game. This is a technical situation created by the fact that our previous system was just taking into account the combats won, not the troll against they were won. So, all players will see his combat done in the previous system equally divided between all the trolls and this will increase his chance to obtain girls accordingly

PVP V2 01.png

Daily Missions

• Solved an issue in which player wouldn't get items as reward for their mission beyond level 101.
  • Improved the scaling for the money rewards

Market

• Beyond level 81, Epic books will begin to appear within the market

Harem

• Introduction of the Harem level : All the girls' level will be added to each other to provide bonuses to your character
  • The current bonus given by the Harem level is a boost to your endurance and will be the square root of your Harem level multiplied by 50

PVP V2 02.png

Arena

• We complexified the matchmaking system within the arena to make it more efficient and more adapted to your current level
  • Battles within the arena won't use combativity point anymore
  • The matchmaking selection will have a cooldown of 30 minutes before it refreshes
  • After a battle against an opponent, this opponent won't be selectable before the refresh of the arena
  • The koban's cost to refresh the arena will go from 36 kobans to 24 kobans

PVP V2 03.png

And this is for the moderator that thinks our feedback in Kinkoid's information thread is not valid because it's in the wrong section of the forum

Shidou

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • Shidou
  • Discord Moderator
  • 307 posts

How about you guys give feedback, In the channel Feedback? Instead of demanding solutions. You're just spamming this thread, that only gives information. Spamming has no use.

• Like 2

So here's my feedback

your patch sucks

guaranteed maximum amount of fights in 24 hours drops from 72 to 48 with only the unquantifiable promise of increasing the drop rate to compensate means I only log in twice a day now instead of at least 12. Never did arena before, and the rewards are not in scale with the level of my opponents, they have randomness in them. That's in contrast to what Kinkoid said "The highest level your opponent is, greater the reward will be"

You got me here with ads showing hot hentai girls and the motto "Gotta collect 'em all"  Fewer fights and not knowing what the drop rate is now and what it used to be means, from my perspective, it's much harder to collect all the girls now. I didn't come here for the Arena. That's not what you advertised to me 6 months ago. Your marketing lure was the girls. Now it feels like a bait and switch, and I have to use the word feels, since the formula for the past and present drop rates will remain secret.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

The most annoying thing is the new Arena system. It practically forces you to be here every 30 minutes to maybe (supposing you don't lose or get affection/booster items) get back some of the income you lose on bosses.

Even with a max level boss you will may still lose on income, if you are quite active.

I also don't like the fact that you have to fight that specific boss to drop the girl. If you miss one during your adventure story and go on to the next world, you have to waste money and/or leveling up boss time to try and get the girl... I wonder why the boss battle and the reward can't be tied to the level you actually are (like the daily missions) instead of having a level for every single boss.

And since you don't need to choose to do Arena battles or boss battles anymore, the contests involving these battles will become quite stagnant.

I at least hope that the daily missions reward scaling is appropriate.

• Like 6

I would also like to know what the actual chance of getting event girls are.  Just saying they will be changed accordingly per % doesn't explain anything.  Over the last 3 events I've only been able to get 2 of the potential 6 girls from the trolls.  Now, I don't know if that's just me being extremely unlucky or I just needed to fork out some actual money.  It's a little ridiculous that they want us to spend money for a chance at winning these girls when we don't even have a clue as to the drop rates of said girls.

• Like 4

I played very regularly in the recent days and three weeks but with this patch the only change I can see is that the game became a drag, and a lot less interesting if you're not paying money. Before I found it nice to level (at least still around level 35+) and I enjoyed it a lot though I didn't get so many girls.

By now I can't shake the feeling that this patch only tries to bully people into spending money in order to level reasonably or get girls...I'll see if the game still stays interesting else I'm gone after three weeks of fun and one week of shitty update..

PS: I really considered to pump in some money the last days but now I'm sure I won't spend anything on a game that works like it does now

• Like 6

I will also post here instead of the informational Patch Notes thread.  (I was going to make this thread after being told it should go here, but my rl took over. thanks Blain for making this thread). Ok as I have already stated in Kinkoid's Patch Notes thread... I will sum things up that have a bad change for me and as I have seen in that thread, many.. many.. other players...

First, the reload on combativity. Worse ever change and in my opinion it does NOT re-balance anything. What exactly does it re-balance? All I have now seen is that it takes longer to be able to battle a world boss, which I have only been doing for most of the time. And the rewards now suck even more, which effects giving the girls affection and experience. Why not have chosen the middle, on which everyone would have been more happy. 20 minute reload time for 1 combativity point was more than enough, the whole argument with "loosing on fights/points/whatever while sleeping" is really the stupidest thing I have heard in a very long time. Why does that matter? Why did this have to change?  I never complained about it at all. Who cares if loosing out on combat? I really hope, Boss Dev, that you will reconsider this change and make it 20minutes instead of 30 minutes. Because I am already getting bored waiting this long. There is no re-balance when loosing 1 boss fight each hour. Many have already voiced this in your Patch Notes thread. I have really no idea who suggested this to make it benefit them.

Second, PVP or Arena. Well it does not do anything to me and it gives me no improvement either if I have to wait 30 minutes on that too just to click on three opponents to fight against that takes only less than a minute. Whoever thought that this was going to improve anything for the better, lives in a bubble. I am a paying member, I have bought kobans before and now I am using the monthly card in which I paid a couple of months in advance. But what is the point, I liked it more that reload time as just 3 and half hours for combabtivity. And I never cared if I sleep longer than 6-8 hours and loosing out on battles missed. That was my own choice, and I had peace with it. But some apparently didn't, otherwise I doubt for this drastic change.

Third, yes how is it now in reality for girls to drop? when a lot of battles during the day have been sacrificed to applease a handfull of whiners that had to complain about loosing while sleeping. How am I suppose to get new girls during an event, that is either 14 days or worse, 7 days. When I only can battle a boss now maybe 40 times a day. I have already battled this amount and NO GIRL has dropped yet. Worse is going to be if the next 7 day event is having another three event girls. It will be impossible to get in 7 days, I already have seen comments over at the Harem Heroes wiki that some did not manage to get during sexy calendar 2018 event that was only 7 days. This change, is just going to make it far far worse.

I don't know why there was not a poll or something so we could say something before just throwing out this patch. I am pretty much bored already having to wait so long before I can do something in this game. In my opinion the old way was much better. Now it just sucks. So I do hope, us all posting here make it change. 20 minutes for 1 combat point would make things re-balance and even out better. Those that only fight world bosses, are the ones that are being punished the most.

• Like 11

Ok, feedback, short and to the point.

Cons.

Arena fight. keep getting matched most of the time with levels higher than mine, losing. If i win, i win ridiculous amount of xp,  little money,  low low level gifts. Free, but not fun.

Combativity. 30 minutes Combativity recharge removes 1 in 3 troll fights (from 3 every hour, to 2). Also, you added level to trolls that once levelled may restore old cash prize, at the moment the cash prize is more than halved, and since trolls level every 10 fights... for a quite long time i'll be able to have less fights to win less money. 

Pros.

Activities and Harem have not been touched.

• Like 8

Crazy bad update !

Before there was some strategy in how you used your combat points .. - In the arena you got mojo and XP .. and a little money or gift. - If there was a contest to gain XP or just want to level up in fast  - The arena was the place to use the combat points...  - I have now tried the new arena combat 3 times - and get now players that are over 10 levels over me ! .. - And I lose  :(

I now use my combat points on the bosses - 20 combat point - to level the boss up 1 level !! .. wow .. and the amount of money is now so low ... that it will never be enough to level up girls - or buy things in the market !  ... - Or have some fun on the Pachinko ... - This new update is very bad !!

Before the update - I had a reason to visit the game and use my energy and combat points - before it ran up to 20 - And get the income from the Harem ... - Now I have not that reason to be online an play the game - Is that what is intended from the DEV side ? ... 

Before the update - there was very little game play - or things to do ... - when you had used the energy and combat point ... - Do I sit and wait 10 min. to get new arena fights ? - NO I Dont ! !

Is this "game" now totally a "Use your cash to win" concept ? - So if you are rich .. You just buy you way to "Glory" ... - This is very bad style from DEV side ! ... Greed is good - But too much greed is devastating for the joy in a game ... - And this new update just says - Buy kobans .. Or leave the "game" ... - Bad style and wrong way to keep us playing .. - The balance is not fair now !

I think this will make a lot of players to stop playing ... because it to hard to make money - and there are no reason to visit them more than 2 time a day - and that visit is very short - just collecting the 20 combat point and use the energy for the story ....

I hope soon we see some corrections to this new update ... or i will stop playing ... I am now ranking no. 2 in Denmark .. So I have played this a lot for fun :(  - But now the strategy and fun is gone .. 

Crazy to make a game and a update that keeps players away to play  ... - unless they buy and use Kobans .. - Is that a "game" ... No .. That´s too much greed from DEV side - and not a game ...  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Harem bosses should scale with your level when you first get to them, and then increase every 5 levels. Or at least apply all the previous battles you won.

Arena battles should consequently also refresh every 10 hours (full combat points) and offer you 60 opponents to chose from. And maybe include a more random spread of levels.

1 minute ago, Jaxcom said:

Crazy bad update !

Before there was some strategy in how you used your combat points .. - In the arena you got mojo and XP .. and a little money or gift. - If there was a contest to gain XP or just want to level up in fast  - The arena was the place to use the combat points...  - I have now tried the new arena combat 3 times - and get now players that are over 10 levels over me ! .. - And I lose  :(

I now use my combat points on the bosses - 20 combat point - to level the boss up 1 level !! .. wow .. and the amount of money is now so low ... that it will never be enough to level up girls - or buy things in the market !  ... - Or have some fun on the Pachinko ... - This new update is very bad !!

Before the update - I had a reason to visit the game and use my energy and combat points - before it ran up to 20 - And get the income from the Harem ... - Now I have not that reason to be online an play the game - Is that what is intended from the DEV side ? ... 

Before the update - there was very little game play - or things to do ... - when you had used the energy and combat point ... - Do I sit and wait 10 min. to get new arena fights ? - NO I Dont ! !

Is this "game" now totally a "Use your cash to win" concept ? - So if you are rich .. You just buy you way to "Glory" ... - This is very bad style from DEV side ! ... Greed is good - But too much greed is devastating for the joy in a game ... - And this new update just says - Buy kobans .. Or leave the "game" ... - Bad style and wrong way to keep us playing .. - The balance is not fair now !

I think this will make a lot of players to stop playing ... because it to hard to make money - and there are no reason to visit them more than 2 time a day - and that visit is very short - just collecting the 20 combat point and use the energy for the story ....

I hope soon we see some corrections to this new update ... or i will stop playing ... I am now ranking no. 2 in Denmark .. So I have played this a lot for fun :(  - But now the strategy and fun is gone .. 

Crazy to make a game and a update that keeps players away to play  ... - unless they buy and use Kobans .. - Is that a "game" ... No .. That´s too much greed from DEV side - and not a game ...  

Yes, I agree. This is becoming a pay to play sort of game when you have to use kobans more to do something. If I even knew this stupid bad change was going to be made, I would not have bought a monthly card at all. I am just so disappointed in this whole concept now. if there is a contest coming up where you can try to get 1st place by battling world bosses, that would also be worthless now. The fact of saying, loosing points while sleeping? Really, was that thought out well by the Devs, apparently not. cause could still loose on it with many other factors. But that is what they maybe call rational thinking. nah, this is more making players spend real money more. If there is no change and this keeps as it is now, a lot of players will say buh-bye to the Hentai Heroes project. Atleast, I will. I have no time pumping in more money for something that is becoming worse over time. Not anything else can make this good whatever updates are planned in the next few big patches. It is all destroyed by making the combat reload 10 hours..

• Like 6

il y a 5 minutes, Kinkoid a dit :

We see a lot of person pointing that we are making these changes for people that are spending kobans.

Could you please explain more details about this, please ?

Instead of 3 combats per hours for free, you are getting 8 of them. Some are on trolls, some are on Arena. We are providing smaller session more regularly. Instead of just providing nothing to do for 3h20.

Our philosophy is to provide some activities as much as possible et now from 3 combats each hour, you are able to do 8 combats.

We understand that these are huge changes, yet, the goal of the updates is not to "make the game pay to win".

We are getting more combats, but they feel way less rewarding than before.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kinkoid said:

We see a lot of person pointing that we are making these changes for people that are spending kobans.

Instead of 3 combats per hours for free, you are getting 8 of them. Some are on trolls, some are on Arena. We are providing smaller session more regularly. Instead of just providing nothing to do for 3h20.

Our philosophy is to provide some activities as much as possible et now from 3 combats each hour, you are able to do 8 combats.

We understand that these are huge changes, yet, the goal of the updates is not to "make the game pay to win".

Sorry, maybe I am missing something here but I have not yet seen that I had/have/or get free combats against trolls/world bosses. Fighting a troll is not three per hour anymore when a combat point needs 30 minutes to reload. It's two per hour. The Arena / Battle is just 6 per hour. Not 8. So, maybe I am just stupid but I have not seen that fact.

Most importantly, is this going to stay or would you reconsider to make the combat reload time go from 30 minutes to like 20 minutes instead? Many have voiced for this in your original patch notes thread.

• Like 3

There is little to no incentive in doing Arena when compared to farming Trolls. Finalmecia yielded around 20k per fight, three times per hour, which is 60k. Now she can be fought twice per hour, yielding 10k until you eventually fought her a bazillion times- which many players have already done, setting them back.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

You are trying to sell us the idea that Arena Combats are equal to Troll Combats. They are not equal from our perspective, because most of us are not here for Arena Combats. The marketing lure to get us here revolved around the girls, and adding as many as you can to your harem. That's what most of us try to do. Then, when we do get them, we want to unlock their scenes. Money is needed to buy affection items and then pay for the upgrades, and free players are getting much, much less money now. The only way to get sufficient money now is to buy kobans and use them to recharge the combativity points. Looking at the starting level of Ninja Spy and how long it will take to level him up to his pre-patch level of money paid out for defeating him, it looks like a money grab on your end Kinkoid 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

There is a lot I like about the update. You still have combat points to go after the bosses, which I was mostly anyways, since it brought in more cash...and also get 3 free fights in the Battle every 30 mins to augment income and get added XP. I was at the Coming Soon...so it is good to have the story continue.  

My big question is on the Legendary items...it seems they have been neutered, and badly. A majority of my equipment is level 178 Legendary. Today I have 3 possible items to switch out with them that are 10 levels higher ( 188 ), but all of the scores are quite a lot worse than I already have.

One example: I have a 178 Super Sexy Buff T-shirt with these scores: HC 889 Charm 900 Know-how 879 Endurance 898 Crit 12.2

New item: 188 level Super Sexy Leather Jacket with scores: HC 649  Charm 658 Know-how 635 Endurance 657 and Crit 9.0

So really all I can do with all of these items that are 10 levels higher than what I have is sell them for cash. 

At least my next 3 months, or more on Epic Pachinko will be useless as far as I can see, other than generating some quick cash and getting a new girl.

I was comment largely on my experience with the battles on the Beta server...My character lost frequently there and some times I would get 2 wins, never 3...that character is new and has not had any legendary gear. That being said, my main character on the main server is losing as well...and he has nothing but legendary gear. So if a 'Pay to win' player is having issues winning...imagine what difficulties there will be for those who are not.

I am going to side with the majority here. It is nice to have choice. The 30 minute reset is way too long. Payouts have dropped significantly across the board and it was already extremely difficult with keeping your girls leveled up and upgraded.

Edited by DFyre
Battles being lost, 30 min counter is way too long
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kinkoid said:

@syst0rm, this is why we changed the system to provide with free arena combats instead of making them competitive with the bosses.

I perfectly understand this change. However, you cannot argue with offering 8 battles/hour if Arena and Bosses are not comparable and the 'losses' are not being compensated by said 8 battles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We may be able to do more combats each hour, but only if we are glued to the screen. And we don't get to choose our combats (in game terms also called player agency). The three combats offered in the arena are handed to you and half of them are unbeatable, and those you can win give measly rewards to the point it's not even worth to do it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

We desire to keep it as 30 minutes.

2 + 6 = 8. So from 6 battles in arena or 3 against the bosses, you pass to 8 battles.

Sorry to really say this but arena fights doesn't equal boss fights because I started this game pure and simple for getting girls. The arena battles I sometimes did to get gifts for affection purposes, I was not doing them all the time. I understand you want to give more things for people to do, which I guess is fine. But most of us decide what to do already what we have been doing. But I really think it is going to loose players in the long run. 30 minutes waiting is really very long. Energy refills take 12 hours. Combat now 10 hours, I don't really need to stay on here then and look totally bored at a couple of timers that let me do not much at all.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

Did you do a Cost-Benefit analysis from a consumer's point of view in regards to these changes for all playstyles (PvE-only, PvP-only, and PvE-PvP mix)? No offense is intended when I say that I don't think you have (a common issue when a game's dev, who in general isn't a business-focused person, is also in charge of the game's business aspects), as that analysis would show you exactly why these changes are being seeing as straight-up negative, at least by those who favor PvE activities.

While I don't have access to all of the numbers, I can run a quick notes-on-a-napkin (due to not having the numbers that run behind the scenes) one for a PvE-only, and make extrapolations for a PvP-only and mix analysis later today, pro bono. RL is taking over, so I can't dedicate the effort required right now. However, on my cursory experiences this morning, I can give you the three major issues that I think would be proved from the analysis: Premium currency is now heavily favored over free (so much so that it's not blatant, whether intended or not, and that is usually a death knell for any game with a premium currency), PvE activity rewards have received a massive nerf for those that have not maxed-out the boss levels (and even then, it's still an arguable nerf), and PvP activity rewards are still way too low.

Edited by Shadow-Six
Typo fix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It is not enough reward from Arena to make me log in every 30 minutes to attempt to win the 3 battles. The amounts I have won so far average around 2k, and I haven't won every battle. I have seen my income severely drop in the past 12 hours, and no guaranteed replacement for it. Battles are a gamble I've tried, and I find them not worth my time. If you want to make Arena relevant to me, put girls in there as rewards. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

We desire to keep it as 30 minutes.

2 + 6 = 8. So from 6 battles in arena or 3 against the bosses, you pass to 8 battles.

we're not every 30 minutes here to play an arena that pay little to nothing.

we're here every 2 or 3 hours, cause we have other things to do, which i think is understandable.

So if i log in every 3 hours i pass from 3*3=9 troll fights to 2*3=6 + 3 = 9 fights; a no change condition, but 3 fights on arena where i get less prizes and no girls.

Under 3 hours i get more fights, even if worse prizes; over 3 hours, i have less fights.

However, i get less money.

If your target was to revive the arena, so to push people to be more competitive, and maybe buy items and powerup, you should have put it differently, like this i see only punishment.

A suggestion ?

Keep the troll for the adventure, remove troll fights.

Keep arena fights free, balance them better, let 5 fights every 30 minutes. If you win you can fight with a troll you already met, burning 1 combativity, keep money prize up.

• Like 1

For the life of me, I can't understand the devs refusal to publish the drop rates, especially if they expect people to pay.  If it's because they're afraid to show how low they are it staill makes no sense.  We all know that they are incredibly low already.  Not knowing the actual number just leads to frustration for many people.

Not knowing also creates skepticism when we're told that the rates will be increased accordingly for this update.  For advanced players, the chance of a drop is so low, we'll never really know if it's better, worse or the same.

On another note, with the change of the boss battle counter from one global to individual ones for each boss, there are a coulpe of other issues/questions.

It was stated the the previous global counter would be divided among the bosses with this update.  The question I have regarding this, since I had over three weeks of fighting bosses with no drop, is were these divided over all bosses including the three for which I have all of the girls and no reason to battle anymore?

The other issue is when battling lower level bosses for event girls.  Many players have gotten all of the girls from some of the bosses, especially Dark Lord who we fight in every event.  Previously, at least these battles continued to increase the global counter.  Now, with the individual counters those battles will not help  in increasing the odds of getting a girl from the other bosses once returning  to them.  This leads me to believe that even if the odds of getting the normal boss girls to drop are increased, with so many battles against lower level bosses, drops will be less frequent.  Especially since there are now 2 events per month. leaving less time to fight the bosses that actually have girls to drop.

• Thanks 1