Feedback thread for Patch - 07/02/2018

Blain

@Kinkoid

I'm at about 50k hitpoints and 10k damage. I usually get matched with 2/3 60k hp and 12k damage. I even got matched to a 100k hp 20k damage guy. Now this is of course limited statistical data, after maybe 30 fights total. One of the battles I won gave me 5xp. Why even bother?

edit:

Here's a suggestion that might fix at least some of the.

When you get to a new boss, they scale to your level. Obviously also as of this patch, they should be all scaled to your level or whatever their respective minimum or maximum is.

Edited by Don23
  • Like 2

am I the only one getting a bunch of The server didn't answer. Please try again. (Err 503 error)?  every time I click to get money or a mission it says The server didn't answer. Please try again. (Err 503 error) and I have to click 2 or 3 times

• Like 2

More than the level of the boss should be posted on the page when you are getting ready to fight them. We should see our current drop rate somewhere on the screen. Or in a global position on our page so it shows no matter what screen we are on. I don't want to have to keep saving 5400 koban so I know I will get a girl. I'd like to get an idea of how close I am to getting a harem member from a boss. I just blew 540 koban on pachinko and the equipment it gave me was 2 levels higher than what I had on but all stats were worse.

The experience given from arena battles is now complete garbage. Its so much worse.

Edited by test_user
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

We see a lot of person pointing that we are making these changes for people that are spending kobans.

Could you please explain more details about this, please ?

Instead of 3 combats per hours for free, you are getting 8 of them. Some are on trolls, some are on Arena. We are providing smaller session more regularly. Instead of just providing nothing to do for 3h20.

Our philosophy is to provide some activities as much as possible et now from 3 combats each hour, you are able to do 8 combats.

We understand that these are huge changes, yet, the goal of the updates is not to "make the game pay to win".

Sorry Kinkoid, but is simply not true. I was planning to wait a little longer before saying this but...

The only way to get to 8 combats per hour is to be online for the full hour. The arena does not reset unless you are online AND on the arena screen, and the opponents do not build up. No one, not even me who barely sleeps, is able to do this. Instead what you have provided is 2x the number of hours spent away from the game + 3, which for most people results in fewer battles.

In addition to that most people are not interested in the arena. There is no enjoyment and nothing to be gained from it except bragging rights. Yes you can receive a little cash or an almost worthess affection item, but forcing people to go to arena for income is just bad design. It should be a supplemental reward, not a requirement which it has become.

On top of that, even for people who do care about their ranking this is a bad update. They are now required to be online 24/7 in order to try and improve ranking. And judging from the fact most of my opponents are not even giving any Mojo, this rewardless task just became even more impossible. The PvP system was already broken in many ways, and all you've accomplished is to make it that much worse.

Finally (for now) you have lowered income by a signifcant margin. Income was already tight before this update. With a lot fewer boss battles it is now much lower, and yet prices have remained the same. Even once bosses reach max level income is lower than previously, because while an individual boss battle will give more, there are so many fewer opportunities to get cash. This is exacerbated by the long time it will take to get bosses to their max level, during which time they give a pittance of cash.

Frankly the only way remaining to play for free and make progress is to be online 24/7, hence the reason this looks a lot like you are trying to milk money from players. A cash grab.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I just don't know what to say anymore. Go look at the Harem Heroes wiki, mainly topics that are for the monthly events. Some people are very lucky and get the event girls, some did not. I can't really imagine it is an improvement when the next 7 day only event comes at the end of this month and having to try to get, I dunno, 3 girls again? With only being able to fight between 20 to 40 times a day now. This is going to cost so many kobans, trying to fight and fight and fight.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, test_user said:

More than the level of the boss should be posted on the page when you are getting ready to fight them. We should see our current drop rate somewhere on the screen. Or in a global position on our page so it shows no matter what screen we are on. I don't want to have to keep saving 5400 koban so I know I will get a girl. I'd like to get an idea of how close I am to getting a harem member from a boss. I just blew 540 koban on pachinko and the equipment it gave me was 2 levels higher than what I had on but all stats were worse.

The experience given from arena battles is now complete garbage. Its so much worse.

Agreed, I had the same thought of each boss displaying the drop date.  This is what I would like to see.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

It is not about being affraid, it is about the fact that publishing them brings nothing. In fact, the frustration of knowing them and fail a roll is far far higher. 

@Don23, Please feel free to post some screenshots of your equipement and from your arena. :)

False. On our end, it brings transparency. Transparency brings trust. Trust leads to us, your customers, spending money to buy kobans and provide you with an income. This patch has made many of your customers distrustful of you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Tiffany said:

Agreed, I had the same thought of each boss displaying the drop date.  This is what I would like to see.

Or at least, adding a percentage at what currently it is at. or something. Or how many fights needed. I dunno

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Don23 said:

@Kinkoid

I'm at about 50k hitpoints and 10k damage. I usually get matched with 2/3 60k hp and 12k damage. I even got matched to a 100k hp 20k damage guy. Now this is of course limited statistical data, after maybe 30 fights total. One of the battles I won gave me 5xp. Why even bother?

edit:

Here's a suggestion that might fix at least some of the.

When you get to a new boss, they scale to your level. Obviously also as of this patch, they should be all scaled to your level or whatever their respective minimum or maximum is.

Focus on your main stat which is either charm,hardcore or know how get items,harem members with highest of that as their main stat or increase it in the market place leveling up your 3 main harem members and increasing their affection star level increases the stat bonus they give you in battle as well.

You can get items that have just one stat on them they make your character the strongest since your main stat increases your damage,your endurance which reduces damage you take and increases your ego which is your health points,it also increases your crit rating which you a chance to do more damage and can be maxed at 25%.

For example if you're hardcore focus on that increases the other two charm and know how would just reduce the damage you take from enermy's with that stat and increase your crit rating a little bit as well but they do not do what your main stat does they only do it by 50% while your main stat hardcore would increase your damage by 100%

Great and epic pachinko are a good source of epic and legendary items if legendary multi stat ones are fine as well but if you can get a single stat epic item of your main stat it will be better than the multi stat legendary if you are really lucky you can get a single stat legendary item of your main stat.

I suggested that bosses should be the same level as the player on the discord chat channel and i am hoping they go with it since it's a pain going back to old bosses at the moment since you're not farming them anymore since you passed their world level.

image.png

image.png

Edited by natstar
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

5 minutes ago, Encino said:

Or at least, adding a percentage at what currently it is at. or something. Or how many fights needed. I dunno

Yes, we need some kind of display badly to let us know about drop rates.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

It is not about being affraid, it is about the fact that publishing them brings nothing. In fact, the frustration of knowing them and fail a roll is far far higher. 

Well. I guess we'll just disagree on this point.

If the odds were made public, at least when someone complains you could point out that they knew the odds before hand.  As it is now, we're all in the dark.

If publishing them would add nothing, neither would publishing them be in any way detrimental.

• Like 2

@Kinkoid

https://imgur.com/a/OAoMG

https://imgur.com/a/ZmP4i

There you go.

I assume your response will be something along the lines of I should be dishing out more money on equipment and stats (but I'm saving up to turn Noemy and Abrael to 5 star), but why should I have when all the battles I ever fought were pretty much wins? There is some advantage in being able to choose ones opponent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, natstar said:

Focus on your main stat which is either charm,hardcore and know how get items,harem members with highest of that as their main stat or increase it in the market place leveling up your 3 main harem members and increasing their affection star level increases the stat bonus they give you in battle as well.

You can get items that have just one stat on them they make your character the strongest since your main stat increases your damage,your endurance which reduces damage you take and increases your ego which is your health points,it also increases your crit rating which you a chance to do more damage and can be maxed at 25%.

For example if you're hardcore focus on that increases the other two charm and know how would just reduce the damage you take from enermy's with that stat and increase your crit rating a little bit as well but they do not do what your main stat does they only do it by 50% while your main stat hardcore would increase your damage by 100%

I already have that. My main stat is hardcore and that is having the most points and I have critical at 25%.

I still had already that I lost two fights out of three in arena battle..

7 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

@Asherandai, thank you for the feedback about the arena reset. It is interesting to think about an eventual strong reset every 30 minutes instead of the need to keep it open. For the fact that you are telling us that you don't like to be forced, we understand that. Yet, it is not bad design, all games are forcing you to do some actions to complete others.

There is a large difference between being forced to do something you want to do, and being forced to do something you do not want to do.

Yes all games "force" players to do things to acheive goals. But if players do not wish to do those things, they stop playing. As many have already pointed out, take a look at the example of the game Destiny. Players were forced to play PvP in order to acheive the goals of the game. As a result the majority of players quit/did not play the game, and the company lost a lot of money. Even after they finally accepted that they had made a bad design choice and fixed it so that PvE was viable, the game did not make very much because the majority of the player base had already been alienated and did not want to play. That is almost exactly what you are doing here, so yes it is a bad design choice whether you want to accept it or not.

Player choice is an illusion, most players do understand that. But stripping away that illusion will make players angry, and make them leave. This has been proven time and time again, with many examples beyond Destiny. For the sake of the game, for the sake of the players, and for your own companies sake, I strongly advise you to reconsider this course of action quickly.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

We desire to keep it as 30 minutes.

2 + 6 = 8. So from 6 battles in arena or 3 against the bosses, you pass to 8 battles.

You have 8 battles only if you are active every 30 minutes, otherwise they're less.

Basically, if you stay away for an hour, you do 1 less battle than before... this system was made to hook the people more.

• Like 4

I definitely do not like the new update.

The fun part is that I don't even care about the money but the strategy. You know, the actual game play which should make a game fun to play. That is totally gone. There is no strategy anymore but only clicking buttons hoping that you'll get something good and that now roughly describes the game. But that makes HH pretty much the same as all the other sex games on natuka!

In the old system you could chose what to do. Battle the boss for a lot of money (and chances of girl drops) OR fight in the arena to level up your character and get less money but affection items and XP. Even the PVP had strategy in it because if you picked your opponents wisely then you could avoid fights which you couldn't handle. I usually applied a mixture between fighting the boss a few times and fighting in the arena a few times.

But now all of that is gone. You fight the boss for less money (while the prizes on the market remain the same), AND you fight in the arena which could theoretically make up for the "lost" money of the boss fight but in reality that doesn't happen. Because affection items and boosters also get in the way.

Even so, the gameplay got a setback I think. We now only click buttons hoping for the best. You can no longer apply strategies to enhance on your gameplay. Everyone gets the same chances and it's now fully based on luck. And of course less rewards which will only make the grind harder.

Right now I'm seriously considering to focus on the adventure and when I'm done leaving things at that without playing anymore. I don't see the point. No strategy, no tactic, no fun. There's a reason I played HH instead of any of those other dumb clicker games.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

As you stated yourself : Improving the Harem requires Money. Arena is bringing money. So Arena is helping you improve your Harem.

Acquiring the girls is for the troll, improving them requires money that you can have both from troll and Arena.

So, please, tell us how the Arena fight don't help you ?

If you compare to other collection games, you need also to fight against others to complete your goal.

@Don23, we have a lot of different feedbacks on the arena battle right now, we are gathering them as much as possible, some people are stating that the fight are still easily doable (all 3 of them). Could you provide more feedbacks on this specific part of your experience ?

Arena is bringing me LESS money than 12 hours ago. I log in approximately every 2 hours, sometimes more often and sometimes less often. That works to about 36 Arena fights per day. I win about 50% of the battles, and they pay on average 2k. That works to 36k per day from Arena.

During this Valentine event, I have been fighting Ninja Spy, and 12 hours ago, I was winning about 4.6k to 5k per battle with him. His payout is now less than half that, and I have less opportunities to fight him because of the change to the cooldown timer. The extra 36k from Arena does not make up the difference. 

As far as comparing to other collection games, I don't play other collection games because of the same kind of money grabbing that you're attempting here.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Blain said:

As far as comparing to other collection games, I don't play other collection games because of the same kind of money grabbing that you're attempting here.

Yep, I have tried many other games on Nutaku. Eventually you had to start buying things to go further in the game. Okay, nothing much wrong on that. I even support Hentai Heroes cause I liked it the way it was before this patch update. I don't think it is going to be much fun when I have to keep buying kobans now to get event girls. I just don't know anymore.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, test_user said:

Great, so I can battle a boss less often now and have less chance to get a harem member? We aren't allowed to know the drop rate or the supposed increase that happens with each successful win?

basically... YEP!  The worse is still needing to come with the next 7day event..  With I do not know how many old revival event girls from the past. The last one had three.. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kinkoid said:

As stated multiple times, the chance of recruiting a girl has been recalculated while taking into account the changes in combativity.

We don't believe you. We don't trust your word any more. Show us the formula or stop complaining that you've stated this already

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1