Feedback thread for Patch - 07/02/2018

Blain

Before I start I'd like to say thank you to the entire staff for the hard work they've put into the game. They're simply trying to make the game better and more fun, and that's a good thing, even if the actual outcome is less than desirable. Regardless, if this many people think the game won't be fun to play anymore, something has gone wrong. (Also on a small sidenote, making these changes mid-event might not have been the best idea.) Here is my take on all of this.

Regarding the incentive for this patch

Why is important. If the reason why is clear, people can agree or disagree with the reason and there can be a meaningful discussion on whether or not the changes that have been made actually help or hurt the game and the players. Now, in the patch notes the following was said as to why:

We were not really happy of the Harem duel system that was in the game since the beginning. We wanted to provide more complexity and more choices for the players. Combativity was used in both the arena and against the bosses, these two features competing against each other. Also, there was the fact that the bosses from each world were not adapted to the increase of the levels that we introduced in the version 2 of the game.

Alright, cool, some of these changes were made in an attempt to improve PvP. Let's summarise. The fights have become more challenging, and people were complaining about stats not mattering at all, so that's a good thing. Now that PvE and PvP resources have been split and players no longer need to, or can, choose between the two, we can compare them separately. PvE's "energy cap" changed from 3:20 hours to 10:00 hours. PvP's "energy cap" changed from 3:20 hours to 0:30 hours.

- @Kinkoid Why do players need to be active every 0:30 hours to avoid wasting PvP resources, but only need to be active every 10:00 hours to avoid wasting PvE resources?

Giving the players more choices sounds cool too, sure. But if the choice isn't meaningful, it isn't a choice and that translates to poor gameplay. Combativity is no longer being used for both PvE and PvP. There is less choice there. With the new PvP system, players can battle all three opponents rather than only select one. There is less choice there. Contests that rely on PvE of PvP battles are now not that interesting anymore, either.

- @Kinkoid Do these changes really give players more meaningful choices?

Affection items

Okay, so rare affection items are re-appearing for those with 41+ harems and the quality of affection items as mission and PvP rewards have been lowered from what they used to be. There was no description of this in the patch notes, nor does it really seem to be in line with the incentive for this patch.

EDIT: According to Damoncord they've said on Discord the rare items appearing in the shop was intentional, to let people fine-tune how much affection they were giving their girls. Affection items as quest rewards are intentional as well, as this was bugged for players over level 101. According to 56416 they will be rolling back the change to rare affection items re-appearing in the market.

Legendary items nerfed

I've been seeing multiple people report that legendary items' stats have been significantly decreased.

- @Kinkoid Is this intended behaviour, and if yes why?

Combativity reload time

A lot of people have been requesting the reload time to drop from 30 to 20 minutes, so we can go back to 72 fights every 24 hours rather than the 48 fights we have now. Considering they've adjusted the girl drop chance and money reward accordingly, changing this would effectively only result in the PvE resource cap changing from 10:00 hours to 6:40 hours. While I am in favour of lining up PvE and PvP resource caps (0:30 hours vs. 10:00 hours is just too big), people are requesting this for the wrong reason.

Reward balancing

A lot of people have also been complaining about the reduced money income from trolls and the reduced rewards from PvP battles. People have posted the math that proves trolls give less money even when they are finally levelled to their max and this needs to be addressed. As for the PvP rewards, I don't think we have had enough time with the new system since stats now matter more than they used to. I'd love some clarification on how the system selects the opponents, as some people have claimed they get matched up unfavourably far too often, as well as on the rewards as I too have noticed a fair inconsistency as opposed to the claimed "better opponent equals better reward" system.

Koban value

Some people have been saying that this patch was a step towards Hentai Heroes becoming a pay-to-win game. While I don't quite agree with that, the value of Kobans for PvE especially has increased with a fair amount. Pre-patch, 150 Kobans would give a player 10 troll battles or 20 PvP battles (and 36 Kobans would give a player 3 new opponents to choose from) worth 3:20 hours of reload time. Post-patch, 150 Kobans gives a player 20 troll battles worth 10:00 hours of reload time or roughly 18 PvP battles worth 3:00 hours of reload time.

Making the girl drop chance public

This doesn't even have anything to do with the recent patch, but a lot of people have been mentioning it in this thread. Knowing or not knowing the drop rates won't change the rate at which people obtain girls, so giving them insight could be a positive or a negative thing. There are definitely arguments for both sides, but I personally think the biggest problem here is that people don't feel like they're progressing. I don't think the drop chance should be made public, but my suggestion is to add a counter of sorts that shows (an arbitrary chance increase based on) the number of troll victories. For example:

image.png.1fa46235cfece3d75b86254187306dc5.png

Edited by Sluimerstand
Re-phrased some things.
  • Like 2

Kobans.

Personally, *I* don't care about their "value". All I know is I need 5400 for a 10x Epic Pachinko spin for a guaranteed girl.

I've budgeted only so much Real Money for this game per month which I need and will stick to. So as long as the purchase prices for the Koban packages do not suddenly change for the worse, no probs.

Therefore all of the "free" Kobans the game generates for me are saved up for that one usage. I'll not spend them for any other purpose inside the game. Not for refills no matter what discounts might pop up, not to shorten Mission or Arena timers, not for Market items. 

10x Epic Pachinko for a girl. Period.

• Like 1

I do agree, with pretty much all you said, Sluimerstand, but one major points of contention.

4 minutes ago, Sluimerstand said:

Reward balancing

A lot of people have also been complaining about the reduced money income from trolls (even at their maximum projected levels, though the road towards that should also be considered)...

This has already been proven to be a net loss on income. Only way to actually make more money (without paying for a lot of reloads) when compared to the old system is to stop playing. That way you stop your losses. At no time does the new system actually gain ground when compared to the old system. Running the numbers shows (using my experience with Finalmecia as the base, she started at 96 for me) from about a 10k loss per battle and about a 40k loss per hour, to a projected gain of 6k per battle but still a projected loss of 7k per hour (projection is based on the acknowledged boss reward calculation of bossLevel * 100 + 500). There is no point in which the new system breaks even with the old, even years down the road.

The only people who argue that the changes at max level actually produce more income failed to go beyond the reward per battle (in which case, they are right; 26.5k is greater than 20k) by acknowledging the hourly and daily rates which debunk their claims.

Again, other than that, I agree. While I do think this is starting to fall into P2W mechanics, especially given that imho the Premium currency's value has gone down (this is a point that can easily be debated much like any investment/currency trading activity, which is what a Premium Game currency is), but this could be a case of "once bitten, twice shy" in which I'm just being hypersensitive to the issue. However, given the lack of communication from the Dev, I'm starting to feel as if we are yelling into the wind and the claim of P2W intention instead of the original claim of "we want more combats" is actually true.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Shadow-Six said:

I do agree, with pretty much all you said, Sluimerstand, but one major points of contention.

I'll edit my post to clarify, but I actually do agree with you that the rewards are less than what they used to be (I mean, the math is there to prove it). The argument that we break even comes from people taking PvP money rewards into account, but that is only true for those that can manage to battle every 30 minutes. And even then it's only true when you win enough to actually get said money.

I don't particularly care about PvP Arena, but what I think would work well there (in addition to my suggestions about a Girl-drop counter giving you a chance to get a COPY of an opponent's girl you don't have her, including older Event girls) is to have the opponents refresh right away IF YOU CLEAR ALL THREE. If you decide not to try to clear all three, then let them refresh after 30 minutes.

(aside from the girls), this would keep more player's attention if they can run a winning streak. So instead of ONLY 3 per 30 minutes (if you wait), you can fight and fight and fight until you reach someone you decide not to, then wait for the 30 minutes to roll over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not a bad idea Masters, but under the current system and what many have said, they are getting into matches they can't win, so getting a winning streak would be nearly impossible.  Not a bad idea on your part, just can't be implemented because of the broken system on the devs part.

4 minutes ago, Masters said:

I don't particularly care about PvP Arena, but what I think would work well there (in addition to my suggestions about a Girl-drop counter giving you a chance to get a COPY of an opponent's girl you don't have her, including older Event girls) is to have the opponents refresh right away IF YOU CLEAR ALL THREE. If you decide not to try to clear all three, then let them refresh after 30 minutes.

(aside from the girls), this would keep more player's attention if they can run a winning streak. So instead of ONLY 3 per 30 minutes (if you wait), you can fight and fight and fight until you reach someone you decide not to, then wait for the 30 minutes to roll over.

This, I think, would be the best long-term fix. That girl-drop counter would be a bitch and a half to code, test, and debug (but this is coming from someone who knows enough about programming and coding to be dangerous, so take it worth a grain of salt), but I think we'd all agree that if that fix was in the pipeline, we'd be willing to wait for it. The more immediate fix to the PvP needs to be rewards being buffed and battling people closer to your ability.

6 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

Not a bad idea Masters, but under the current system and what many have said, they are getting into matches they can't win, so getting a winning streak would be nearly impossible.  Not a bad idea on your part, just can't be implemented because of the broken system on the devs part.

I dunno about that. I'm 89 w/27 girls (https://www.hentaiheroes.com/hero/524990/profile.html) and I've gotten several triple wins in a row. Sure I also hit some losses, but I'm getting a handle on who I can't beat, so the POTENTIAL is there.

Edited by Masters
corrected typo of 27 girls, not 29

Hmm, maybe i misunderstood the point of your 'several wins in a row for a reward' idea when you mention you are getting a handle on who you can't beat.  Were you just saying make it so 3 wins means you can refresh the combat, or were you saying to only fight people you can win against an get a greater reward for keeping the chain going, so you choose to wait 30 minutes for a chance to fight someone you can beat?

Also a separate point I'd be up for discussing is do we have anyone that works a full time job away from the computer that can comment on these changes?  If you account for an 8 hour work shift a 9 hour lunch, and say at best a 30 minute drive time both ways, that's 9 and a half hours a full time worker is away from this game. (unless they are brave enough to play this on their phones on break).  As well as trying to get a full night's sleep (which I don't get so that point is irreverent to me).

Gonna be honest, if i try to run the numbers I'll probably screw it up somewhere, I've already tried a few times and had to correct for a few things, so I trust one of our more math inclined posters to run the scenario for if this change is better for a full time worker or not. (For the record I'm part time, I only get a few long days where this could maybe be a 'good' thing).

One thing I do know is if I have a full day at work, it's usually a closing shift, and I'm waking up to go to work, so I miss out on the daily events and the 150 reward.  They talk about making things better for people that want to sleep, what about people that have jobs away from the computer?

Since this is a worldwide game I think a simple change in the length of day may equalize some of your concerns.  If the day were 26/27 hours like with the free pachinko ppl that work would have at least a couple of days were the new day starts at a beneficial time for them. Also it would slow down the game as is imho one of the devs intentions.

As things stand a harem day begins beneficial for some (always the same) ppl in the world and very bad for others (again always the same)

they should have kept the money we get from bosses the same.
I dont even care if it takes 30 minutes now but i dont get why they lowered the money the bosses dropped by half. thats just torture. why even do this? 
People are not going to run to get kobans because of that, people are going to get frustrated and leave. or stop playing as much. a lot of people play daily but now who knows. 

Why couldnt they just keep the amount that the bosses were giving the same? i dont get it. 

why cant the arena fights give you more money? the arena fights drops very little money. if they wanted to entice people to play in the arena more then they should have raised the money dropped 

I understand changing the arena and it i get that they wanted to improve the arena fights. but why mess with the Boss fights and the money dropped? thats unfair. the boss fights and the money drop was not something anyone was complaining about. 
it seems like a very backwards change that doesnt improve anything but does the opposite and hurts the fanbase. 

Edited by jyepie
  • Thanks 1

It's a bad sign that things won't improve when negative comments about this patch are getting 1 star ratings on the game's Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/haremheroes/

But it is comforting to know that the French are as upset about this patch as we are. 

Here is the Discord link where the devs apparently spend more time than this forum

https://discord.gg/9qsxtRm

We've let them know how we feel on the game forum. Let's make sure they hear us on their Discord and FB pages as well

Edited by Blain
added Discord link

Ever since the announcement that this patch was coming, almost the entire playerbase has been pointing out the fact that the money we are losing per day is rediculously high, the xp we gain from battle arena has been rediculously nerfed, most of the time other players we fight dont even give any mojo wich we used to get from every player we fought, and even though its supposed to be a balanced out system all the trolls payout has been halved, and now has to be built back up by leveling up said Trolls, and the arena battles wich i almost have never lost any ever before are now being forced into matches that im guaranteed to lose. As others have stated the people that are already able to fight Final Mechia will inccur a 7k money loss per hour after they get Final Mechia to max lvl, but untill then their loss is much worse.I myself am only at Donatien so i can't imagine the loss the higher lvl people must be feeling but its bad. Also we were promised increased drop rates for girls, the drop rate % will increase a bit everytime You fight a troll and fail to get a girl? I still have 1 girl left to get from Gruntt. So since the new patch i have been battling him repeatedly with no drop as of yet. I fail to see how the drop rate has improved at all. So many people have actually done the math and none of this really adds up. making the battle arena completly seperate from the troll battle system was the right thing to do. They never should have been using the same point system in the 1st place. Troll battle points shoul be 1 point earner for every 20 minutes not 1 every 30 minutes. That would correct the earlier loss of money from the troll battle system change. Each pvp battle shoul always payout (xp, mojo, and either money or a prize). Also the xp given per arena battle should be increased to what it used to be.

SO PLEASE DEVELOPMENT TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!

please take the hint and hear your playerbases voice.

THANK YOU!!!!!!                                                                                     

P.S. One way the whole problem of all of this could have been avoided would have been to just increse the maximum amount of battle points we could stockpile to 100. Make it evolve alongside the energy points stockpile. It would have been super simple to change just that one thing then nobody would have lost points while sleeping. Also I do have 1 suggestion, you could make the money our Harem girls earn for us stack as it is earned. I mean honestly once a girl earner her hourly wage or whatever you wanna call it, she would not just stop and wait for her harem master to get the pay before she started earning money again. She would continue to earn money untill you picked the money up. So allowing the harem girls earnings to stack just makes sense. FOOD FOR THOUGHT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@trunks2585

to clarify, Several times I've swept all three opponents picked for me. A Triple play win. Now, I'm proposing that I should get an immediate refreshed set of three more opponents to battle. IF, IF I could sweep those three, then let three more be presented. And so on. Should I LOSE any one of a set, or decide to NOT ENGAGE, then let the 30 minute timer cool me down to a fresh set.

This way I could keep going so long as I can manage a continuous winning streak. A loss or sit-out and I have to wait 30 minutes.

Also, it really is not necessary to get feedback from someone who is AFK Full-time. The fact remains, our math works with POTENTIALS. So even if someone is away 9-10 hours, the fact remains that they will come back to (nearly) full combativity counters same as if anyone sleeps 4 hours instead of waking for a 3:20 timer. 

Simply put, they cannot miss what they never had. Anyone who was always AFK long enough for a timer to fill, matters not if it be 10:00 or 3:20, they were always returning to a full counter of 20 points.

That, I think, is the reasoning the devs are hoping to push onto us with the whole "you no longer 'lose' points while sleeping(/AFK)"

Which I'll point out does NOT apply across the board. IF that was their "true concern", then they'd also work it so that Harem Money Collections continue to build without the need for the varied Collect timers, nor the 30-minute PvPs we'd likewise be "losing".

In fact, there is no reason why a girl cannot continue to keep building her individual bank and we just come along and "collect" to send the money to *OUR* bank up top. At most, there could be a "minimum" threshold, an amount under which you cannot collect from a specific girl

• Like 2

@Masters

i think the ability to possibly copy a girl you do not have including passed event girls from beating a someone in arena is a really good idea. However the abilty to continue fighting 3 new oponents if you beat the 3 you are given until u lose or pass? think about it!!! If you did that then the player that is currently in 1st place would just continue to get better and better infinitly with no losses incuring. xD

Edited by Dragonmx6
  • Thanks 1

As I said, I don't particularly care about Arena. Unless they add the Girl Drop as suggested. THAT would capture my attention. As I'm sure it would of nearly everyone else.

Besides, Number One is always going to be Number One until they quit the game. Hard 30-minute CDs will not give anyone a chance to catch up

Edited by Masters
  • Like 1

The arena system is anoying. I sure am not going to fight every 30 minutes in it as the rewards are basicly nothing even around level 150+. Not worth my time to do it every half an hour so I likely will hardly ever do any arena still.

New boss fighting does make it feel like you can never get those limited time girls in time before they are pulled off... Has anyone obtained a girl since the update? I would like to know if it is even possible anymore?

• Like 2

I think the Idea of the upgrade was an awesome one... But it needs to be better balanced.

The timer thing is not really that much of a problem... 48 fights per day instead of about 60 is not that much if you have way more arena battles on top. So not that much of a Problem here.

The thing is this: Beforhand most players spent all their money on affinity for girls and barely scraping by as it is. Now however if you want to have even a slight chance in the Arena you need to buy experience (for all your girls because of harem level) and increase combat rating and maybe even buy some equipement.

So you easily need double maybe even triple the money you needed before.

My main concern with this upgrade is, that the money you get from a single combat has decreased soooo much. I am currently battling Silvanus and beforhand made about 14k per fight now it is only 7k increasing about 800 per day. I don't make much money through pvp because i don't really have the money to upgrade for that so on average i make about 60k per day(15 wins). That means i make about 400k per day instead of 840k (before the update) through combat. That is actually only my problem with the upgrade!!

If I want to progress my harem as before and still have money for PVP upgrades I need way more money than before, not less.

So my suggestion for better balancing would be this: Double the money rewards from trolls. You would start roughly at the same place where we were before the upgrade and with the increase (200$ per level) you could triple it over time.

It seems like a lot of money if you look at it... But if you consider how much money you need to exp upgrade every new girl and all the other costs coming with PVP while still paying for the affection for about one girl a week plus 5-star-girls, it really would not be more money you had to spend... it just would be possible to progress as before while fighting through the ranks at the same time.

You wanted to make it so it wouldn't have to be a choice betweens girls or PVP, but as it stands it still is... Double the Money reward of troll fights and the upgrade would work as intended.

Thank you for your hard work!! I repeat: It is an awesome upgrade! Just needs more money to be working properly...

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Quoted: Tommy55

As a counterpoint to all the doom & gloom about the patch I'd just like to say the changes are FUCKING AWESOME!!! Heh heh heh

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To those that have been saying that this update is in your words, so FUCKING AWESOME, you all do not realize it yet because you all are not yet level 180 and above, having about 50 girls in harem. Realize, you will come back to those stupid words that you have now carved in this threat. Each new girl that you get and gets added, is more expensive to fully max out on her affection and levelling. You all will find out soon enough, and then if this all stays, you won't be that happy as you pretend to be now. I only will make this clear just one time, as I have no mood to educate your stupidness all the time. Enjoy this FUCKING AWESOME update now, it will bite you in the ass sooner or later.

Affection costs rise with each new girl, and combining all the costs is going to need you to spend 50 million soon enough. to max all out, some 5 star girls already do require 10+ million to upgrade.  Still think this is an awesome update? When your income has been slashed into half of what it was. You will find out how sour this update really tastes. Saying that you fucking love this update, yes it is from guys that have just recently started this game maybe for a couple months, us people who have been doing this for almost a year or longer, are telling you it is not that fucking awesome, but eventually, you will get there. It doesn't matter Tommy55 if you are already lvl 97, it means absolutely shit to me because when the new levels were put in, yes I was playing when there used to be a level cap at level 40, I was over level 100 pretty fast cause you levelled up like daily. Currently where I am at, it takes about two to three days, depending on how much xp can get. But it is improving the girls in your harem, when you have over 50, 75 or whatever, that is when you will feel how shit this update really is. Being at just 26 girls, that is fucking nothing compared to what most of us have. FUCKING AWESOME does not even cut it for your addition to say we all are whiners here. See where I am getting too? Put yourself for just 1 day in our shoes, you will rephrase what you have said here.

Collecting this cash that is hardly needed to improve everything, takes much longer now to collect. Worse case scenario, for some it could now mean they have to farm low amounts of in-game money for months, just to pay for those books, gifts etc in the market, not to mention the huge amounts it costs to upgrade each new girl they get. So first, before you claim it is FUCKING AWESOME, look up the names here at the ToF or whatever to see what someone's stats are at. You have been playing long enough now to see that each new girl costs more to upgrade. So I do not even get it why you just come and write out one single sentence claiming it's fucking awesome. That logic just completely beats me... Do you even KNOW how long it will take to level up all these trolls in nine different worlds? And then realizing their income they give, still won't really match up to what it was before.

PS: You just did not look at all of this in the whole perspective. Sure, I have no problems with all the things that got updated. Just a few things and there are many others like me that have pointed this out many many times now. Here in this thread. In the announcement of the patch notes thread. On Hentai Heroes Facebook. So in other words, we are all just whining about it huh. Yeah whatever.

Edited by Encino
Inserted Quote
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, wurstbrot said:
The timer thing is not really that much of a problem... 48 fights per day instead of about 60 is not that much if you have way more arena battles on top. So not that much of a Problem here.

No, your math is wrong. It was not just 60 fights. If someone who can't sleep as much like normal and really would be here the whole day and night, it would be 72 fights that can do max with the old system. Loosing 24 fights per day is pretty much really that much. This new patch, slashed that down with 1/3 of amount.  So, if that is not really that much...

Here another example, I know it is ridiculous to even type this out but maybe you think first. If your boss at your rl work decides to slash and cut off 1/3 of your real income, wouldn't that be not much either? Yeah, I know it is a strange comparison, but maybe this helps to understand things.

For most of us we used all those fights to farm income and new girls and whatever. If it was really just 12 fights, I would have agreed with you maybe, because I do sleep normal hours and I would loose out on a bunch of fights. Some don't even get to 48 fights per day, like me. But I never complained about that because my sleep and health are far more important than being here 24/7.

Arena battles do not compare to boss fights at all, they are worthless to me as I do not care to do those. I am not here for doing Arena. I am here for the girls that we can get. That is what this game was advertising on. Not much of a problem, well I beg to differ on that argument because me and many others see it differently and it is a problem that needs to get a fix.

Edited by Encino
fixed typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SpermDemon said:

The arena system is anoying. I sure am not going to fight every 30 minutes in it as the rewards are basicly nothing even around level 150+. Not worth my time to do it every half an hour so I likely will hardly ever do any arena still.

New boss fighting does make it feel like you can never get those limited time girls in time before they are pulled off... Has anyone obtained a girl since the update? I would like to know if it is even possible anymore?

Nope, I have not gotten a girl to drop yet. I am also playing on Nutaku Harem Heroes, where I still have to get Loving Bunny to drop, also there she did not drop for me.

I got those two event girls on Hentai Heroes already, but I have to say that it took me between 30 to 35 reloads on combat before Loving Bunny finally dropped. So yeah, I agree that the next revival 7 day event is going to look much different now with the reduced fights and the long 10 hour combat reload. After this current event, I will stop playing on Nutaku Harem Heroes as it is worthless to me to even continue doing that. I have some spare kobans there, and once I get 900, which should be possible by the end of this current event, I will do one last 10x Epic Pachinko and never play there ever again.

Here, I have to sit out a few monthly cards that I bought two weeks ago. So it might take enough time for whatever is to come, if there are fixes to this bad patch.. But all is going to be decided on. One thing is for sure, I do not spend any more real money into this. That ends. Maybe I then come back once a day.. maybe once a week.. But things have changed for me towards this game, that's for sure.

Edited by Encino
  • Like 2

On 2/7/2018 at 11:28 AM, Kinkoid said:

No, we are stating that providing the datas you are asking won't help anything, pinpointed to that by studies and past events. From that moment, you are telling us we are wrong. Not providing any information more than a theorical rethoric.

We are listening to the feedback and are trying to find a decent compromise between the changes that the game need and the feedback provided.

Edited by altreality2

On 2/7/2018 at 11:28 AM, Kinkoid said:

No, we are stating that providing the datas you are asking won't help anything, pinpointed to that by studies and past events. From that moment, you are telling us we are wrong. Not providing any information more than a theorical rethoric.

We are listening to the feedback and are trying to find a decent compromise between the changes that the game need and the feedback provided.

Could you please provide some links to the studies showing that knowing the rates in Gacha games creates a negative environment?

In all the games that I have played that have this mechanic, knowing the rate has always been positively received.

Thanks

Edited by altreality2
  • Like 2