Are people giving up on using Arena to train girls?

MisterCat

There seems to be two types of players I see in the Arena:  Players that use the affection and XP rewards to slowly build up girls; and then there are players that load their battle team with fully leveled/starred girls to get as much damage/round as possible.

Slowly the 2nd type seems to be getting more and more popular, at least from what I'm seeing.  Are people just giving up on the Arena for training girls?  Are the rewards from weekly ToF ranks worth enough to shift the balance?  What is your opinion?

I personally use it to train, but I'm starting to see just how long a process it is.

I think maybe some of it's come from the ToF change, but a bigger impact for the late game players would be the change to the affection costs with rarity a few months back now. Lots of us have finally caught up on costs, so there isn't as much of a need to gain that extra affection. That's the case for me, I'm fully up to date now.

Me personally  i use the Arena just to get the extra affection and XP rewards nothing else,    are the rewards from weekly ToF ranks worth enough to shift the balance  of play for me  i would say no, i was never a fan of the arena  to start with and don't care about trying to get as high as possible rank or score in the Tof  table, i am charm player and most of the other player will kick my butt any way lol .

Edited by wertyu

was almost caught up before the anniversary event started, with 92/94 girls fully upgraded affection and the remaining 2 only needing their 3rd star

using Arena to level up girls affection almost became pointless until I got more girls to drop during this anniversary event

the omega girl should always be one who needs affection and XP, it does not matter his specialty or level, because she never enters the battle, the beta girl must be one of your specialty, but you can rotate and put one who still is some levels below to farm XP.

• Like 2

I only switch in a girl who is not maxed if her stats are better then the one I am using. Probably won't have that happen until after I manage to get Fanny & Fione to 4 star. I lose enough battles with the best I can field, no sense losing even more putting in weaker girls for meager xp/affection gains.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jelom said:

the omega girl should always be one who needs affection and XP, it does not matter his specialty or level, because she never enters the battle, the beta girl must be one of your specialty, but you can rotate and put one who still is some levels below to farm XP.

This is what I do in general, except for the rare case where I need a certain crit type by my omega (i.e. where I only stand a chance of winning if I actually hit three crits). That said, as a charm player there are also quite a few times where I need a certain other crit from my beta, i.e. HC for added offense or KH for added defense. For native HC or KH players it probably doesn't matter and they can just keep a regular girl of their class in there.

I have Norou 3★ the twins 1★ and metal Noemy 2★ and I win 85% of my fights. I still have tons of girls to upgrade so while it's not a lot I'll take a small trickle of affection while I work on the ten or so epic girls still at 0★. I just finished all the common girls to 5★ so my harem pays out 200,000 when full.

5 hours ago, MisterCat said:

There seems to be two types of players I see in the Arena:  Players that use the affection and XP rewards to slowly build up girls; and then there are players that load their battle team with fully leveled/starred girls to get as much damage/round as possible.

Slowly the 2nd type seems to be getting more and more popular, at least from what I'm seeing.  Are people just giving up on the Arena for training girls?  Are the rewards from weekly ToF ranks worth enough to shift the balance?  What is your opinion?

I personally use it to train, but I'm starting to see just how long a process it is.

I guess there is a 3rd type: players that use the affection and XP rewards when they fight, and then instantly change back their team with fully leveled/starred girls.

• Like 2

I suspect that you levelling up and gaining Mojo is the reason you see more of the second type now. As people get stronger, the stats of your Beta become more and more important. If my opponent and I are almost equally strong I usually cannot afford to use an underlevelled or not fully upgraded Beta just to train her up or the increased risk of losing will cost me more money than the increased reward for winning is worth. I'm still using the Omega Slot for farming though, never had my Omega girl enter the battle so far.

Another possibility is that most of the Veteran have caught up and all of their girls are now at max affection.

• Like 1

I think the answer is simple... Using the arena to 'train' new girls doesn't reward enough for wins to offer much of an incentive to try this route.  5-6 Aff points do not add more than a layer of paint thickness to build a wall!  In this regard I'm 'training' Norou in my know-how accounts from 4 stars to her 5th star upgrade without buying gifts and she might get there by 2030 if she's lucky!  XP is better and I have used arena wins to upgrade girls' XP without buying books - but these girls are already competitive and in the right class for me.

Until HH offer more realistic XP and especially affection rewards for arena wins I don't see the point of risking losses for such lousy rewards when placing a girl in (a) the wrong class or (b) too low an affection level to be really competitive.  It's certainly no route to upgrade one's harem!

HH never have got the arena right, anyway, and there is this endless tinkering with performance calculations that I can never keep up with.  At one stage I began to understand how it worked and started to experiment with my team.  I once had the epiphany of adding Princess Noemy (charm) as beta in two know-how accounts as her know-how stats were pretty creditable.  The perceived wisdom at the time argued black and blue that this was a dumb thing to do and that I shouldn't be spreading such nonsense and influencing the newbies.  For me, who witnessed the impact of introducing her first hand and watching my ego consumption fall off while my (charm) opponent's increases when she entered the orgy (such that I could come from behind to win nearly every time) was like witnessing a bumblebee take to the air only to be told by experts in aerodynamics that it is impossible for a bumblebee to fly.  Obviously there were aerodynamic principles that were overlooked and so the analogy might have been with Noemy's know-how performance in the arena.  Using her I was once able to frequently beat charm opponents with egos 10-15k higher than mine.  This is not the case now and 7k margin is the limit for me to be able to win now, if that, even with an all-know-how team on board - I now have to rigidly stick to the right specialty class for me to have any chance of success.

Right now I seem to be on a losing streak in all six of my accounts and it's all about one's equipment and ego - less about attack power and defence it seems.  Also, the 'performances' don't seem to last as long against evenly-matched opponents.  Seldom do the omegas come into play like they used to so their presence in one's team seems pretty irrelevant now - and boring!

In short, I think players might now be weighing up their options with the setup as it is now.  Do they chop and change their girls and risk losing, or have the best team they can to give themselves the best chances?  Having said all that I have often been beaten by (say) hardcore opponents who have Bunny as their alpha and Norou(!) as their beta, or charm opponents who have Levitya as alpha and Abrael as beta.  Levitya has terrible charm and know-how stats so those players must either have outstanding equipment or have manually boosted their stats using the '+' buttons in the market.  I can't see any other way.  But I don't lose sleep pondering it.

I am an Hardcore player and my Alpha is always the same: Fairy (I don't have Levitya in my harem).

Beta can change between Lady Meta, Bunny (still trying to understand who is really the best choice: Lady Meta has got an higher attack, but Bunny has got a better defence against charm and Know How) and 3 more Hardcore girls I usually train.

Omega is always to train any girl. I started with common girls, which I took to at least 1 star. Now I have started training rare girls. Once I take one to 1-star, I switch to another, if it make sense.

I wouldn't change this way of playing because in order to train girls, you must win matches. By having a strong Alpha and Beta you can easily train omegas.

47 minutes ago, goderos said:

I am an Hardcore player and my Alpha is always the same: Fairy (I don't have Levitya in my harem).

Beta can change between Lady Meta, Bunny (still trying to understand who is really the best choice: Lady Meta has got an higher attack, but Bunny has got a better defence against charm and Know How) and 3 more Hardcore girls I usually train.

Omega is always to train any girl. I started with common girls, which I took to at least 1 star. Now I have started training rare girls. Once I take one to 1-star, I switch to another, if it make sense.

I wouldn't change this way of playing because in order to train girls, you must win matches. By having a strong Alpha and Beta you can easily train omegas.

for the beta only the main stat is important.
even the defense boosts are determined by the main stat when it comes to the beta.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

for the beta only the main stat is important.
even the defense boosts are determined by the main stat when it comes to the beta.

Thank you for the explanation! I will mainly stick with Lady Meta when both her and Bunny lvl are maxed out then, as she has got an higher attack.

On 27.7.2018 at 11:31 AM, MisterCat said:

said it already when they released it. bonus is a joke. not really considering it. its about 900 aff for a whole day when i win all fight and dont miss any refresh. so in 1,5h i can farm more money with is worth more affection 

1 minute ago, BananaJoy said:

said it already when they released it. bonus is a joke. not really considering it. its about 900 aff for a whole day when i win all fight and dont miss any refresh. so in 1,5h i can farm more money with is worth more affection 

the only flaw in this logic, is that it's additional to what you win.
it doesn't take part of your earnings away, it's a bonus.
yes it's a small bonus, but for f2p players this can add up to significant amounts of free affection.

I've personally gotten about 12k affection for Levitya alone by doing this by putting her on the omega spot, which is useless anyway.
The hardcore special is great, so it's just a win-win situation, and I feel sorry for anybody not getting that.

• Like 1

Ive been winning almoat all my battles for weeks now. But always get 1 mojo oponents. So my rank stays the same. I dont mind. Cant even see the rank anymore now, so whatever. This way I can keep winning, my daiky is always done and i get 2 girls slowly upgrading. 

To be honest, the exp and affection rewards were never really worth it to me.  I don't have a lot of time usually to be spamming arena fights for any significant gain for affection, and until I blew most my kobans on 10x pulls for the anniversary event, I didn't have good up to date legendary equipment, so it was 50/50 on if I stood a chance at winning or not.

The affection rewards may not be much but i still use arena to help upgrade my omega girl, it may take years to upgrade a legendary from 4* to 5* but every little bit of bonus affection helps plus i can concentrate on leveling up my girls affection by order of rank knowing that my legendary will have less affection needed when i finally get round to her (upgraded Norou from 3* to 4* using arena). Exp reward keeps my girls leveling up without the need for books, so this allows me to save books for use on other girls during contests. Win about 80% of fights atm, the main ones i loose are ones i didnt think i would win anyway but with a 32 mojo gain if i win it doesn't concern me if i loose 1 mojo if i loose battle.

I have an arena team that rotates. Being new and a free player, I have to sue what I can. I have  2 categories:

- Those who are Epic/Legendary that need affection/XP badly. They generally stay in the Beta & Omega slots, but sometimes I only run with one as the Omega.

- Then the core of team which is near max level. Only 1 is maxed out at 5 stars right now, but the rest are at 4 stars, and gaining. Once I get one fully leveled up, another takes her place. I have about 5 girls who rotate through like this. 

I see no reason not to use free gains.

• Like 1