Are people giving up on using Arena to train girls?

MisterCat

sorry i dont see the need to use arena to train girls when the pitifull reward of affection for winning is in between 4-6, its to low to justify training girls with arena, now if that number was in between 40-60 then yeah i would def use arena to train some of my girls affection lvls

but as it stands nope to low of affection gain even if its free if you win

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Back when I was below level ~100 and still winning a lot in the arena (probably 60-80 battles per day), and I could afford to use both the beta and omega slots for training purposes, it certainly was worthwhile...that's about 300 points for both affection and XP, plus whatever XP gains the alpha might make before she's maxed out again. Equivalent value of around 200,000 in cash if I had to buy the same affection and experience on the market. Considering my harem was bringing in only maybe 20,000 per hour back then, that was certainly a big boost for my finances. It adds up, even if "2 XP / 2 Affection" per battle doesn't sound like much. I suspect people who turn up their nose at those values have never calculated what they stand to gain in the long run.

It's less relevant for me now that I've reached a point in both hero level and mojo where I'm regularly getting hit by the disadvantage charm players have in the battle crits and I'm struggling to win more than 20-25 battles a day, and my cash flow is much better in general, but I'm certainly still happy to pick up some small bonuses via the omega slot assignments.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

Your second and third girls only matter after you get "orgasm". Since you pretty much never get it twice in one fight, your third girl is irrelevant and you can use whatever you want there.

Edited by Vem
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Back when I was below level ~100 and still winning a lot in the arena (probably 60-80 battles per day), and I could afford to use both the beta and omega slots for training purposes, it certainly was worthwhile...that's about 300 points for both affection and XP, plus whatever XP gains the alpha might make before she's maxed out again. Equivalent value of around 200,000 in cash if I had to buy the same affection and experience on the market. Considering my harem was bringing in only maybe 20,000 per hour back then, that was certainly a big boost for my finances. It adds up, even if "2 XP / 2 Affection" per battle doesn't sound like much. I suspect people who turn up their nose at those values have never calculated what they stand to gain in the long run.

It's less relevant for me now that I've reached a point in both hero level and mojo where I'm regularly getting hit by the disadvantage charm players have in the battle crits and I'm struggling to win more than 20-25 battles a day, and my cash flow is much better in general, but I'm certainly still happy to pick up some small bonuses via the omega slot assignments.

how is it that you are battling so many times a day? unless you are using kobans to reset...??

On 28/07/2018 at 3:21 AM, Daniele said:

I guess there is a 3rd type: players that use the affection and XP rewards when they fight, and then instantly change back their team with fully leveled/starred girls.

I worked out that to take Norou up to her 5th star upgrade button, it would take me until 2030 to do so using aff rewards for wins!  When I get there I'd still have to buy the upgrade and I'm scared out of my wits as to how much this may cost as it is.

On 7/28/2018 at 8:40 PM, Chthugha said:

putting her on the omega spot, which is useless anyway.
The hardcore special is great, so it's just a win-win situation, and I feel sorry for anybody not getting that.

I have a question Chthugha, will the Omega spot's hardcore specialty affect the battle, even though the Omega spot does not come into play?

That sounds curiously strange to me.

1 hour ago, Fiel said:

I have a question Chthugha, will the Omega spot's hardcore specialty affect the battle, even though the Omega spot does not come into play?

That sounds curiously strange to me.

I know it sounds strange, but if you read back the patch notes, from when they introduced the special moves, then this is indeed what's happening.

The only thing about that is that 3 special moves is just a rare event to begin with.

On 8/1/2018 at 8:34 AM, Zorba the Geek said:

I worked out that to take Norou up to her 5th star upgrade button, it would take me until 2030 to do so using aff rewards for wins!  When I get there I'd still have to buy the upgrade and I'm scared out of my wits as to how much this may cost as it is.

But in 2030 my friend, you should have:

So I wouldn't worry about her upgrade cost if I were you. 😋

I use 4 star Norou as my alpha, so she is still gaining affection even though it's a long way off till I'll be able to upgrade her from it. At least there's no wasted affection. 44k to go to her 5th star.

In the beta slot, Samane just recently hit her fifth star, solely from arena affection, so I've retired her. Agate is also at 5 stars, about 50% from arena affection, so I've put in 4 star Solveig into the beta slot. RB was at 5 stars long before arena affection was introduced. Hopefully there will be a new 5 star KH girl (or an old one upgraded to 5 stars) by the time Solveig is maxed. If not, I have some epic rarity KH girls I could put in at 2 stars, Unionist Elizabeth, Kyoto or Tanned Marina.

Levitya's in the omega slot, and has been since I got her. 39k to go for her.

So i do use all 3 slots to farm affection, but I get the girls battle-ready before hand: 1 star below max affection and a decent level. If (and that's a big if) I ever get every other girl in my harem to max affection, I'll start putting affection items into my battle team.

The arena has never been a realistic option to train girls, so why use it as the primary means?

1. You cannot train if you cannot win.

2. You cannot win if you use anything less than your best.

3. Even with your best, you still will lose roughly half the time (I'd say more than that). Once you get to your "proper" level, you start getting fights you usually can't win unless you improve, but you can't improve unless you get better equipment, buy up stats, or get a better girl. That costs money, and you get no money from fights you lose. (Of course, girl income is your main income, but fight income and troll income are valuable too.)

There are a lot of benefits to winning fights. Losing costs you mojo, but mojo is what you need to move up in the rankings and get the weekly bonuses.

Right now, opponent selection isn't very well done. Sometimes the fight is easy and sometimes it's hard. Sometimes the mojo payout is good and sometimes it is not (and you lose a lot if you lose the fight). And the two have nothing much to do with each other. You can sometimes have easy fights with big payouts, or hard fights with tiny payouts. (But a win is still a win.)

OTOH, what if you won mojo according to how difficult the fight was? Easy fights would pay less than hard fights. Also, opponent matching would not so frequently pair you with fights that are so very lopsided against you (there are very few matchups that you cannot tell for sure whether you'll win or lose).

Ideally, there would be NO penalty to lose a fight; this would allow you to always fight all opponents, regardless of your chances to win, because there's nothing to lose by losing the fight, and sometimes you might beat the tough opponent.

I do tend to use my Omega spot to train up a girl while I'm building up the cash for her, because the Omega girl never gets used. (She might get used if both players had really low Alpha and Beta girl stats, but that's just a guess.)

Edited by nod

Well, I did never recalculate my winning power with a maxed beta or omega.  So I use it for training.

Reason: 1 affection costs 417 yomen. 

as most Girls are at least rare, this makes ~5000*417 yomen for the third star plus 2 Mio cash to upgrade - 4 Mio combined. Saving a bit leaves me happy as I think this is not a "Play one week and finish it" game.

Maybe I switch over to use Omega only. dunno.

6 hours ago, nod said:

2. You cannot win if you use anything less than your best.

3. Even with your best, you still will lose roughly half the time (I'd say more than that)

2 isn't true. I use 4 star legendaries outside of my class for Beta and Omega. Much weaker than even my 5 star common within my class and there is only one person who is at my level and I wish more often then not due to first strike advantage. I must be over 95% win easily. I've been above 90% for the longest time.

Also it is obviously not true because the Omega never comes into play and even the Beta has little impact [thus switching from my second best girl to a much weaker one]

3 also is far from true. I am not some scrub beating noobs either, I am over level 200. It's been posted time and again what to do to perform better. It isn't difficult, hell it became much easier now that cash based Panchiko pays out a legendary item every 10X. If you choose not to do this fine, just know that your universal facts are not all that universal.

• Like 1

I don't know why your experiences and mine would be so vastly different. I'm about 50 levels above you, so we're not that far apart. If you're buying kobans and getting powerful equipment that the people of your level don't have access to, that might be one reason. 

52 minutes ago, nod said:

I don't know why your experiences and mine would be so vastly different. I'm about 50 levels above you, so we're not that far apart. If you're buying kobans and getting powerful equipment that the people of your level don't have access to, that might be one reason. 

He was talking about great pachinko since you get one legendary for 10 games for money and that does not cost kobans.

The reason most people have problems is that their omega/alpha are not the same class as them,their stats are not maxed or they are not using single stat epic/legendary items of their class, for example, a single stat epic item that gives the same stat as your class is better than a multi stat legendary item.
image.png.df5a1b37ac611970bd4276187014a65c.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nod said:

I've maxed out all three stats in the market

I have a 5 star legendary of my class for my Alpha. My Beta and Omega are of other classes don't need them.

I stick to single stat items of my class, epic and up.

When they introduced the 10X Panchiko for cash [not kobans] for 1 guarenteed equipment item, I plowed everything into it for about a week or so. I managed to get 2 charm [sold] IIRC 3 KH [sold] and 4 HC used. Even before that with nothing but epics and was running like a baos.

With the introduction of 1 sure fire legendary equipment even cheap ass scrubs like me can keep up with most whales. [OK if you spend enough money to have 6 legendary items, I'll let you have the win but that would require a staggering amount of either real life cash as a spin is 40 kobans and you won't always get single stat legends of your class, plus the duplicate factor, or a staggering amount of in game money, with 4 items any new item of my class has a 2/3 chance of being only a very minor upgrade]

I doubt there are that many whales that would make it impossible for a free player to do well. I have one at my level but I am 11 levels higher so we are basically even. 40 bucks for a koban 10X spin, that's a spicy meatball.

14 hours ago, natstar said:

He was talking about great pachinko since you get one legendary for 10 games for money and that does not cost kobans.

The reason most people have problems is that their omega/alpha are not the same class as them,their stats are not maxed or they are not using single stat epic/legendary items of their class, for example, a single stat epic item that gives the same stat as your class is better than a multi stat legendary item.
image.png.df5a1b37ac611970bd4276187014a65c.png

I was using a 5 star common [Fairy] as my Beta, I don't bother anymore as it seems I only 1 of two people who is taking advantage of the new legendary equipment thing.
Having a good Alpha it very important. That is why I don't consider spending to 10X spins of kobans to be unreasonable to get those legendary 5 stars. Unless you don't care about PvP in which case you are better off to use them kobans for something else.

• Like 1

On 30.7.2018 at 8:48 PM, pandora27 said:

sorry i dont see the need to use arena to train girls when the pitifull reward of affection for winning is in between 4-6, its to low to justify training girls with arena, now if that number was in between 40-60 then yeah i would def use arena to train some of my girls affection lvls

but as it stands nope to low of affection gain even if its free if you win

for the girls not. but the extra cash really helps more than the really low affection u get. yeah some ppl dont agree with me but thats fine. i mean according to the time u need to upgrade a 3 star for example u can just collect the cash from the fights and be faster bying at the market. for me dont make sense to do it for weeks-months for a single girl.

It certainly isn't the fastest way to train your girls. I wouldn't use it as a primary means. But its a nice bonus. Especially the exp since that counts towards activities.

I don't worry about my tof ranking so much since theres a long way between my position and the top 1k or higher ranks.

I usually swap my omega out with a new girl who has room for affection, but who I might not get to right away, just so I have some gains. 

Would be nice if their exp and affection gains had some range. Like if you can win between 1 and 32 exp, maybe they could get between 4 and 16 (or whatever) based on the opponent.

As an update, I've now managed to get the following done since my last post, a bit over 2 weeks ago:

Got 2 starter girls to 5*, and they are no longer in my rotation, I took them out when they hit 5*, and they are now at 7 and 14 levels behind my current level.

My rotation is now:

2 in-class common girls (Jennie, Abrael) at 4* and at max level.
1 in-class Rare girl (Metal Noemy) at 4* and at max level.
1 in-class Epic (Oxton)  up to 1 level behind max, still working towards 3rd star.
1 in-class Legendary (Fanny/Fione) up to 17 level behind max, and finished off the 4th affection star, and paid for it. Took them out of rotation during saving up to pay to get the 4th star, so working on leveling back up.

Another In-class common girl is now getting leveled up when 3 of the above 5 are now sitting out. She's about 50 levels back, but catching up. Also at 4*

Of course I used a bunch of gifts to lay the groundwork on these rarer girls for the first few stars, but winning 30+ fights a day or so means I'm getting about 1000 free Affection & XP a day, spread around.