How you doing in the "League"

casey

The end of the day found me at work, when I only had an old slow laptop, so it was long, hard and hemorrhoids, but I managed to get something done. I took screenshots in the last minutes, so in CxH I barely had time to take a screenshot when the page was about to refresh (although almost 2 minutes had passed since the end of the day - thank goodness for the computer lags), and in PsH I could only take the final result.
In HH I rose to 2nd place, but since there were several hundred points to 1st and I had to get about 33 points per battle, I didn’t rush up, and in the last minutes two other players beat me.

1.jpg.c4ee3f588585ca86445bea32791411b7.jpg
In CxH I also couldn’t reach the top 4, so I didn’t even try.

2.jpg.4766713ce1c4ccc98957c359652d1e17.jpg
In PsH I had a stable first place with a gap of more than 2000 points from second place.

3.jpg.b8d79e3142ad4f526b4989e9c0d49d15.jpg

Edited by Master-17
  • Like 2
  • GG 3

Btw, regarding booster status bugs: My impression is now that on expired boosters as well as on re-equipped boosters, the individual snapshot is updated within the next 15 minutes or so. So the 6h snapshot basically lost their importance, while e.g. team changes might still take up to the next 6h snapshot to be updated, I haven't checked that. But e.g. changing the season team (the other bug) also results in changed defensive stats within minutes, so probably there are no 6h snapshots at all now.

The negative thing is that expired boosters often have no immediate effect. For the last opponents on yesterday's league end, I set up a timer for their individual booster expiry, and then, as usually their stats were still boosted, I used another 5 minutes timer, often repeatedly, and usually within 15 minutes the stats were reduced, or the opponent had new boosters equipped within this time frame. In one case, somehow the stats were reduced after about 20 minutes, but then increased again after my first battle against this particular opponent, remaining high for another 20 minutes, and finally again reduced, very strange.

This also means that we seem to have more time now to re-equip boosters than those ~5 seconds, to stay boosted, but I am not certain about that and was not explicitly testing it.

Looks like steps into the right direction, but not yet right there, and of course there are the other major league-related bugs.

Did anyone observe the same of different?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Horsting said:

My impression is now that on expired boosters as well as on re-equipped boosters, the individual snapshot is updated within the next 15 minutes or so.

Yes, I can confirm that - on booster expire the stats either update right away (in the 80-90% of the cases), or shortly after (in the rest of the cases). I dont know if its 15 minutes, but usually you dont have to wait long. From what I can tell when someones reequips their boosters, their stats are not updated right away, but in few minutes - around 2-3, definitely less than 5.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 430i said:

I dont know if its 15 minutes, but usually you dont have to wait long.

I also didn't mean exactly 15 minutes, but mostly within 15 minutes, different for each case. Not sure if there is a much shorter snapshot timer now, or whether it is a query which is sometimes longer sometimes shorter, depending on player activity.

image.thumb.png.35594863fc8a0860762812d886e0d8c6.png

Last week I already mentioned that my goal was to take it more serious and beat mot_131, who won the week before. I was confident to score better with investing in mythic boosters. That plan worked out, but I did not saw that with Phoenix another strong opponent with an impressive amount of D3 victories was in my bracket. I recognized him after a few days (was not that active in the first days and just played in "auto mode"). It was clear to me that it was not likely to beat him, but I started with a mythic booster so I gave my best and just hoped that we are more on the same level after blessing change where he probably did not have way more mythic bulbs than I have. Well...that was not the case. He has a lot ;)

I was still on track and lost only a small amount of points but it was clear that he took it serious and I will never have a chance, even if I win all fights with 25, I will lose a critical amount of points against him. So I gave up and took my second place. A few points more would have been possible, but you see in my screen where I lost the points, so a victory was out of reach.

He also used an interesting booster strategy I never saw before. Usually all players activate boosters in one batch. Phoenix distributed them in ~6h time slots, so it was never possible to fight him without at least 3 boosters active.

• Like 2
  • GG 1

Le 26/10/2023 à 13:19, HentaiGuru a dit :

P.S. Jokes aside - players duplication seems common and bugged behavior - may be someone point authorities for this issue

Just as an FYI, I did point that out on mod server + mod special bug report form... 2 weeks ago on October 13th. But I don't think this is a blocking enough issue to get prioritized high by KK, as the only problem it causes is with script average / records which are obviously not vanilla 😢

• Thanks 4

Indeed there are more serious bugs to fix with higher priority IMO, especially that x2/x3 battles have no GS5 active, and that the season team has an effect (equipment-wise, possibly otherwise as well) on the defensive league team. The opponent mirror is just visual regarding the scripts' calculations.

Since other bugs have been fixed silently (no skills on defensive teams, no boosters until next snapshot), it would be great to have patch notes about such important changes, so that we do not need to sacrifice league points to test this again and again after every patch day.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

------------------
D3 run #168  2023/10/19-26 (Kichi Week 11; no LG available for me)

Just a top 4:

image.png

I've experimented a bit and I had quite a few opponents with tough Reflect defensive teams. I'm guessing @mickoloko took the win. There's also a possibility it was @Methos2. I can't imagine @Elundril making a last minute comeback all the way to the top from that far behind, and the 4 of us were always going to be the top 4 in that particular group. I know for a fact that the aptly named "dude" didn't stay in top 4, as I have him in my next league too and he still has only 1 top 4 in his profile's history.

Either way, congrats to whoever beat me.

A relatively cheap Top 4, at the end of the day. I did use 4 cordys for a couple of days again, but I didn't spend quite as much as usual in refills for timing my fights, and I was also locked out of most fights for 48 hours due to equipping 4 chlores hoping to take care of the Reflect teams. I'm also starting to reduce my AME/LM usage, as it's not needed against most NPCs anyway (especially now with @renalove's booster simulator), plus I ran out of LMs, and AMEs are very tricky and/or wasteful to use due to SE requiring constant Season fights too.

This week I'm against Limule Tempest again, along with Gogeta and a few other less threatening but still serious contenders, mainly @bohammettuz (I think for the first time? that I recall at least) and Kamira. So I'm basically in a "Top 4 and kind of Chill" hybrid mode. ^^ I know it would be a waste of my time and resources trying to take the win but I also know I can secure a Top 4 as long as I don't fuck up too much. Nice opportunity to experiment a bit more with the current meta and try to make it as low budget as possible while still securing a top 4.

Good luck have fun this week, folks. Stay safe!

• Like 1
  • Surprised :O 1
  • GG 2

34 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

This week I'm against Limule Tempest again, along with Gogeta and a few other less threatening but still serious contenders, mainly @bohammettuz (I think for the first time? that I recall at least) and Kamira.

I've shared D3 with you before, but I think that was mostly before I was a serious contender for top 4. Nice to see you there and good luck.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I know for a fact that the aptly named "dude" didn't stay in top 4, as I have him in my next league too and he still has only 1 top 4 in his profile's history.

Actually the top4 indicator can be slightly misleading. This is not really the number of top4 finishes, but the number of times the player has achieved their best top4 position, meaning the number that you see in the profile. For example if their profile says 3 2nd place finishes, the script will show 3 "top 4" placements, but they might have had hundreds of 3rd and 4th place finishes. In that sense the indicator will only be correct, if their best place finish is 4th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. Either way, I've checked his actual profile, and it's the same as last week: 2nd place once. So I'm as sure as one can be in this particular case. ^^

That said, you're very right that the profile doesn't really tell us how many top 4s or whatever else one had, except exactly for #1s (unless they're in the group who had their league history wiped a few years ago).

Understandably, your script can only give us a rough idea for top 4s, just like the actual profile does. Which is more than good enough, imho.

@Horsting I don't think your suggestion would help so much as it would make the relevant info less visible and clear. I typically don't care whether someone had a couple of top 4s or a couple hundreds, honestly, let alone which specific rank they had between 2 and 4. The top 4 icon from @430i's script is telling me exactly all I need to know at a glance: "this is someone who never won a D3 yet, although they've reached top 4". Even if looking at the actual profile technically gives (or hides) more info than that, it's not relevant info to have on an opponent when you're competing in top 4+ tier.

@Methos2 Thanks for confirming, and congrats for the top 4. So Elundril must have made just enough of a push to swap places with the dude, while Micko swapped places with me. You're the only one who didn't move, holding your ground at #3. ^^

Yeah, Mickoloko is a top threat these days; I already knew that from other players' screenshots where he won over the past few weeks. But I still had to give it a shot.

• Like 1

il y a 33 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

So Elundril must have made just enough of a push to swap places with the dude,

You only know thedude didn't finish 1st or 2nd from his profile (and your own ranking obviously), or 3rd, thanks to Methos statement, but  how do you know the dude didn't finish 4th ? Is there something I'm missing here ? 🤔

1 hour ago, Darkyz_ said:

Is there something I'm missing here ?

No, actually there was something I was missing, but you've made me realize it. Indeed, whether he finished #4 or not this time wouldn't change his top performance still being #2 one time on his profile. So you're right, it's entirely possible he stayed in top 4. I expected Elundril to perform higher, but he might have had a bad week. Thanks! <3

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I typically don't care whether someone had a couple of top 4s or a couple hundreds

But you have this information now already: is says "[4] 5" now, meaning 5 times top 4, while this is wrong, and e.g. "[2] 5" meaning 5 times top 2 is all you can get from the profile and hence would be correct. Do you think the actual best position on this violet icon instead of a hardcoded "4" would make something worse? I do not care much as well, but you were the one who did misinterpret the icon previously because of the hardcoded "4" 😉. Or do you suggest to remove the "5", so that it just says "[4]" meaning that one did reach top 4 at least once?

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Or do you suggest to remove the "5", so that it just says "[4]" meaning that one did reach top 4 at least once?

Exactly. As I was saying, that's typically all I need to know for league strategy purposes.

I've only checked it this time (after the fact) because I was curious what the final top 4 turned out to be for this particular group. It's really the exception rather than the rule, though. By default, I group opponents in three broad categories early on:

1. No Top 4 ever = NPCs.
  2. Top 4(s) but no win (or maybe just 1 or 2) = not quite NPCs, but usually not threats either.
  3. Several past wins = very likely top 4 contenders or even threats.

Then I adjust and evaluate individual opponents I recognize and/or whose current team or performances make me notice them. I do this almost exclusively for those in the group with past wins, though. Including discarding some of them as false positives if it's clear enough their past wins must date back to a very different meta and they're not up to speed in the current meta. And obv folks with 100+ wins typically have my attention more so than those with just a few.

Only on rare occasions do I end up moving up the threat level of an opponent with only Top 4(s) as their top past performance, and it's typically because I see they're in tune with the current meta and ready to compete for their first win. How many top 4s they had in the past doesn't factor in even then.

I'm not saying some players wouldn't be interested in that kind of info, although I expect a majority of regular top 4 contenders don't care about it either. The hard-coded "4" icon is all we really need.

• Like 1

Still trying to figure out how to fight the diffent g5 skills. Here a comparision of different Mythic Hero Equipment against the G5 Skills. I only changed one Piece of Equipment from +2% Att to +2% Ego. This more or less just confirms that there is not really a best booster/equipment strategy for all fights one has to do and it probadly still depends on the team you have and which buffs u get from it. I am actually running a blue eyes team with a pretty high att bonus.

image.thumb.png.808185a0aff18de2e3a65d5e537dd5bd.png
Screenshot_ego.thumb.png.fc5f2777004696b7dd97224c0f4f36fb.png

As u may notice theres no difference in my stats shown in the Screenshot. They somehow update in a wierd way and are not correct most of the times. I consider this a known bug that hopefully gets fixed soon.

• Thanks 2

@XXDongXX Since individual opponents do not say much, how does the simulation sum differ between both MG, i.e. when you hover the "Sim" column header? Would be actually great to be able to filter opponents for the simulation sum, to check averages against particular GS5 or other things.

Edited by Horsting

Let's test my forecast ability with the help of 430i's script providing the lost points for each opponent (while it is possible that full 25 lost points are not tracked):

image.thumb.png.ea59417c5b50f1ff85842d9b6cb45a6c.png

1. will be jeandelalune
  2. Snorkk
  3. Squirt42
  4. nicolas
  5. me (sadly)
  6. Patte

With 109 points I lost too much, compared to nicolas with 86 only (and the others anyway). All those 6 top 4 contenders are constantly active, so unlikely that any of them will miss a fight. Also unlikely that any of them lost more than 25 points between two league page visits of me. Patte did almost all fights already, but lost many more points, so I guess I will beat him.

• Juicy peach 1