How you doing in the "League"

casey

been to busy to do a screenshot right before the league ends. I finished third so someone has taken my 2. place. I am pretty sure joe finished first, he had lost only 8 points. 

image.thumb.png.f2aa7bb10eff9b2a6a5d846b9539962d.png

I started that league by making a mistake against joe. Did the first out of the 3 fights with my defence team 😒 followed by some bad luck on the 3. fight. From then on i knew that first place was out of reach, so i relaxed a bit and finished top 4. 

I decided to switch to a rainbow haevy blessed team for phase 2. Not much gs3 synergy but still better then what i had before.

From my latest experience i hope not to cross pathes with joe regulary, he somehow manages not to lose much points even when there are serious competitors for top 1/top4

Edited by XXDongXX
  • Like 2
  • GG 2

1 hour ago, XXDongXX said:

I finished third so someone has taken my 2. place. I am pretty sure joe finished first, he had lost only 8 points. 

Based on your screenshot, Sovereign seems like the only plausible one to pass you over in the final hours. Well played regardless! <3

Given the group, I would have settled for a somewhat chill top 4 right away, honestly (two monsters, and then me with a bunch of similar or lower power accounts, so two spots to aim for).

Players like Joe, Sovereign, Govs, Limule or Darkyz (to name a few) are still out of reach for me (and most of us, even among other regular D3 winners). They have everything going for them: massive legacy stashes and/or immense investments from those stashes still paying dividends to this day (from being veterans back in the OG "older account wins" meta), a ton of experience (from playing this game competitively for 6-7 years, duh ^^), very up to date info and tips and tricks on anything and everything affecting league mechanics (thanks to being very involved in parts of the community for ages and still in or close to the best informed circles, in contact with devs or even being Discord mods themselves for some of them), a collection as close to complete as you can get, if not actually complete, as well as quite a head start in light bulbs, GG sets and whatever else matters (due to them being veterans among veterans, and/or long-time mods, and/or whales, or all of the above for at least a couple of them ^^). AND they're all very good players who still somehow have the motivation and dedication to play most if not all leagues very seriously, of course (all of the above can only take you so far if you don't have that last component first and foremost).

Perhaps, someday, so much time will have passed, the meta will have evolved so much and I will somehow have managed to adapt to it so well that I'll have my shot at a fair duel against the old sheriff or even one of his deputies... In the meantime, yeah, see one or two monsters, accept the top 4. See four or more of them, settle for "top 15 and chill" (and perhaps move aside by a few hundred meters just in case some of the debris from the clashes hit you ^^).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hug 1

image.thumb.jpeg.f5d4182446439a0ceaac5fa537dda721.jpeg

I knew from the start that it will be a hard fight but was still too optimistic. I had a very strong team at the start and i should have fought all the hard battles than. I realized too late that my second blessings team will be a bit weak since i was missing a few girls including the most important one. It would be fine if barry was not doing so well but at least im forced to improve my strategy.

For the future i need to check on upcoming blessings and girls at the start and plan accordingly. Perhaps it will bring me more victories.

I also see how important is to make yourself a hard target, barry probably didnt lose many points on me, since it was not hard to get me unboosted but i lost 21 just on him, thats a big part from 106 i lost in total.

Hopefully i can do better this weak but im a bit worried fighting Hugh, the guy is stronger than me and seems willing to spend a lot of nubans for a win (has over 4000 points on first day). 

image.thumb.png.95e3c4a8cc2a7194a095e6cceceb27d4.png

• Like 1
  • GG 2

22 minutes ago, Fallen42 said:

For the future i need to check on upcoming blessings and girls at the start and plan accordingly. Perhaps it will bring me more victories.

Definitely! But that was still far from a crushing defeat. There's a big gap between the two of you and even the rest of that top 4.

And hot damn! The perfect score was 7,875 points? So, that's a D3 group with 106 members? That's a lot larger than usual, at least by my dot com standards. Is this a common thing on Nutaku these days? There was a time where we often had groups of 102 or 103 on dot com, but it's fairly rare these days (most of the time it's exactly 100 or 101).

22 minutes ago, Fallen42 said:

Hopefully i can do better this weak but im a bit worried fighting Hugh, the guy is stronger than me and seems willing to spend a lot of nubans for a win (has over 4000 points on first day). 

I'd say, keep an eye open for the possibility of Hugh shooting himself in the foot and then falling down ten flights of stairs before crashing down right on his own score. Unless you see this happen, though, I wouldn't aim (or invest) for more than a top 4 if I were in your shoes.

Knowing when to fold is an oft overlooked skill, but nearly as important for long-term success as knowing when to go all in, imho. Looking at your 3 over 538 hand compared to Hugh's 46 over 619... Especially since he seems to be in the mood to challenge anyone to call him... I'd say this is a good opportunity to fold.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Definitely! But that was still far from a crushing defeat. There's a big gap between the two of you and even the rest of that top 4.

And hot damn! The perfect score was 7,875 points? So, that's a D3 group with 106 members? That's a lot larger than usual, at least by my dot com standards. Is this a common thing on Nutaku these days? There was a time where we often had groups of 102 or 103 on dot com, but it's fairly rare these days (most of the time it's exactly 100 or 101).

Yes 106 players and total score 7875p. This was the second week in a row and this week is the same. Before we had around normal legues with 100-103.

7 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'd say, keep an eye open for the possibility of Hugh shooting himself in the foot and then falling down ten flights of stairs before crashing down right on his own score. Unless you see this happen, though, I wouldn't aim (or invest) for more than a top 4 if I were in your shoes.

Knowing when to fold is an oft overlooked skill, but nearly as important for long-term success as knowing when to go all in, imho. Looking at your 3 over 538 hand compared to Hugh's 46 over 619... Especially since he seems to be in the mood to challenge anyone to call him... I'd say this is a good opportunity to fold.

Tbh i dont invest much only what i have from CC and CCC. The only cost is a few nubans for 5 additional fights and about cash to change skills to the girls i use.

And i have a feeling i wont be taking it easy or i wont event make it top 4. There are a few strong players besides Hugh. I'll be hitting easy target until monday anyway since my team is on the weak side and ill see how strong of a team i can make for phase 2. I'll use 1 AME for sure on Monday and hopefully i can get a few tough opponents down with few points lost.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HentaiGuru said:

This was a decent fight after all! (c) Mavrix Varad SWTOR

image.thumb.png.928ed97459a34b5b61218fabfa18ad01.png

The league for me was... not just heavy - exhausting, tenacious, desolating - it just google translated synonimes (common is not my native tongue :Dand i may put them in wrong use, but i feel it that way - every bad prediction fulfilled, every single fight that may went wrong - went wrong, every point that may bel lost - lost...

But it seems that way also for all others - more than 100 pt loss and still 1st place - not usually outcome - not for "non-NPC" league at least. 

In measures of income - top-4 is close to loss for me - 2 LMs, and ~600 kobans refills on monday reset =1500 fee for 4700 gain in a hard clash (and there also need to count daily 2x cordy set) - just 500 kobans difference from leisurely played top-15 with cheap ginseng refills...

Anyway - grats for all contenders :D . And lets see what the Haremverse prepared for us this time 🍑

Figures, the one time I show up on screenshots of the league is when I'm having a bad time :P

• Haha 3
  • Hug 1

8 hours ago, Fallen42 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f5d4182446439a0ceaac5fa537dda721.jpegI knew from the start that it will be a hard fight but was still too optimistic. I had a very strong team at the start and i should have fought all the hard battles than. I realized too late that my second blessings team will be a bit weak since i was missing a few girls including the most important one. It would be fine if barry was not doing so well but at least im forced to improve my strategy.

I also see how important is to make yourself a hard target, barry probably didnt lose many points on me, since it was not hard to get me unboosted but i lost 21 just on him, thats a big part from 106 i lost in total.

image.thumb.png.95e3c4a8cc2a7194a095e6cceceb27d4.png

Not so sure about ''very strong team'' My team had 10k att more without any boosters than yours with two cordys.

As you can see, this week my team has a 54k more att than yours with same boosters 

image.png.6ae00fba886779242b1ded81b8ccaf46.png

I can give you little advice about Hugh. He always used to put a weak team somewhere in the the week for a snapshot or two. So if you watch closely, you can get 75 points from him ;) (if he still does this)

1 hour ago, mates said:

Not so sure about ''very strong team'' My team had 10k att more without any boosters than yours with two cordys.

As you can see, this week my team has a 54k more att than yours with same boosters 

image.png.6ae00fba886779242b1ded81b8ccaf46.png

I can give you little advice about Hugh. He always used to put a weak team somewhere in the the week for a snapshot or two. So if you watch closely, you can get 75 points from him ;) (if he still does this)

Thanks, i will check him often. And very strong for me is obviously not very strong for you or other top players. My lvl is still a bit low and my GG is not very good yet, but i do try.

Joe a mieux négocier un gros adversaire que moi. Je n'ai jamais trouvé le moyen de rattraper. Mathématiquement, je ne pouvais que égaliser et donc finir 2ieme. J'ai lâché l'affaire le dernier jour. Il est le meilleur, rien a redire.

Joe was better at negotiating a big opponent than me. I never found a way to catch up. Mathematically, I could only equalize and therefore finish 2nd. I gave up on the last day. He's the best, nothing to complain about.

• Like 1
  • Hug 1
  • GG 4

15 hours ago, Fallen42 said:

Don't be worried....

6 hours ago, mates said:

....😉, But I didn't think we did snapshots these days? It certainly doesn't seem like it.

14 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'd say, keep an eye open for the possibility of Hugh shooting himself in the foot and then falling down ten flights of stairs before crashing down right on his own score.

👀

I was expecting my old teammate tmelloi to win this one, but they haven't started yet.

image.png.c1ea6c4e5bbe8de04db9b7db18f2f4ac.png

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jerexion said:

Don't be worried....

....😉, But I didn't think we did snapshots these days? It certainly doesn't seem like it.

👀

I was expecting my old teammate tmelloi to win this one, but they haven't started yet.

Hi Hugh.

I know there are no snapshots anymore, but how else should i say it :D so maybe you will put weak team for like an hour in the entire week, who knows ;) 

Never expect tmelloi to win these days, he just x15 the whole league after BC...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sovereign RHB said:

He's the best, nothing to complain about.

Simply The Best Tina Turner Singing GIF

PS: Glad to have confirmation our boy @bohammettuz rounded out that top 4. Always good to grab those when you're still transitioning into the late game.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jerexion said:

4 hours ago, mates said:

Never expect tmelloi to win these days, he just x15 the whole league after BC...

That's good to know, thank you both. Without context, seeing that player level and track record, one would easily expect them to be a monster, or at least a force to be reckoned with. The name only sounds vaguely familiar to me, so I'll keep this in mind.

PS: Yeah, it seems that we're more or less in "live" conditions these days. Except for phantom boosters... :ph34r:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Given the group, I would have settled for a somewhat chill top 4 right away, honestly (two monsters, and then me with a bunch of similar or lower power accounts, so two spots to aim for).

to be correct i thought there were 3 monsters in the group. Fran also had a serious number of wins and a very high lvl. But he didn't even show up in top 10, maybe busy or lost interest. But i wont accept defeat just because there are bigger fishes in my laegue. It would be a shame if they just win because no one dares to challenge them. 

Even if you are right and its the better stragety to save ressources until time has come to challenge them with a greater chance to suceed, it does not feel right for me.   

• Like 1
  • uwu 1

3 hours ago, XXDongXX said:

It would be a shame if they just win because no one dares to challenge them. 

Even if you are right and its the better stragety to save ressources until time has come to challenge them with a greater chance to suceed, it does not feel right for me.   

I can definitely relate and I typically feel the same. I've thrown caution to the wind and fought tooth and nail against higher performers many times, if there was even a slim chance I could win. That's the type of player I am at heart too. But it doesn't keep me from knowing what's realistic or not, and sometimes I force myself to let go when I know I have more to lose than I have to gain.

In the very long run, "giving up" and taking a cheap and relaxed top 4 or even a top 15 now and then will yield more results for me than hitting my head against the wall when I know there's a wall in front of me. Even in terms of eventually reducing the power level gap between me and the aforementioned monsters. "Letting Joe win" now is more profitable for me than trying to beat him, which in turn helps me progress a tiny bit faster, and might eventually translate into having an actual chance against him someday.

But in terms of gut feeling, I'm right there with you, man. And I'm not saying my head always overrules my gut either! ^^

4 hours ago, XXDongXX said:

Fran also had a serious number of wins and a very high lvl. But he didn't even show up in top 10, maybe busy or lost interest.

Fran is yet another dinosaur who used to dominate in ancient meta games, but has been in permanent top 15 and chill mode ever since Kinkoid started to really shake things up for PvP.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

PS: Glad to have confirmation our boy @bohammettuz rounded out that top 4. Always good to grab those when you're still transitioning into the late game.

I wish that were true, but I ended 5th instead. Someone had saved up for a final sprint but I wasn't online around reset to witness it. I should have better luck this week with no obvious big names in my group. I might even have a chance at an 8th win.

• Sad 1
  • Hug 2

10 hours ago, hihi1237823 said:

all the league girls

Regular top 15s is more than enough to grab the new LG whenever she gets added: it just takes 4 weeks instead of 2 or 3 in case of wins or top 4s, which is far from an issue since they only add a new LG every 10-12 weeks. Your post was funny regardless. ^^

5 hours ago, bohammettuz said:

I ended 5th instead

Ah, sorry man. I automatically assumed Sovereign's screenshot showed the final scores, since it was more recent than Dong's and there was a fair bit of movement between the two.

Dragging his sorry ass out of the bed he's been lying into these last days, the Sheriff just considered the situation:
""was a darn damned week, if ya ask me... Between the deputy @Sovereign RHBwishing to test her abilities and the young bandits @XXDongXXand @bohammettuztrying to take over the city, not the best week to be sick...

So, it's a diminished, but sleepless  Sheriff that scouted the cold streets of his beloved city, between two bouts of fever... In the end, not sleeping didn't help the health of the Ol' man, but it wasn't bad to shoot unaware pill drinkers...

When the dust finally settled, here's where the contenders were hiding... And the Ol' guy was still standing in the middle of main street

Capture d’écran 2024-01-11 à 12.54.51.jpg

To the very eager XXDongXX, i'd say: "you are right!" If he had just folded when the rule of the game was 'the highest level wins and that's all', the Sheriff wouldn't have progressed through countless defeats and wouldn't stand proudly in the middle of his town today... "Always go at it like you can win... and at the very least, you'll learn and become stronger..." 😊

PS : awesome job too @Abe, noone saw you coming ^^

• Like 4
  • Hug 1
  • Hearts 1

3 hours ago, Ol Sheriff Joe said:

To the very eager XXDongXX, i'd say: "you are right!" If he had just folded when the rule of the game was 'the highest level wins and that's all', the Sheriff wouldn't have progressed through countless defeats and wouldn't stand proudly in the middle of his town today... "Always go at it like you can win... and at the very least, you'll learn and become stronger..." 😊

• Like 1
  • Juicy peach 1

On 1/11/2024 at 10:44 PM, DvDivXXX said:

Players like Joe, Sovereign, Govs, Limule or Darkyz (to name a few) are still out of reach for me (and most of us, even among other regular D3 winners)

seems like i am on a meet and greet tour with the ones you listed 🤔 This begins to stress my booster reserves. (black numbers are numbers of wins)

image.thumb.png.c0c7687d0fc0090a7743ee4a542cfc06.png

Edited by XXDongXX
  • Haha 1
  • Hug 1

15 minutes ago, XXDongXX said:

seems like i am on a meet and greet tour with the ones you listed

Not really. That's where knowing who's who and who's up to what comes in handy (top 4+ contenders are a relatively small circle, after all). I only take mental notes myself and sometimes I forget or I simply don't know about some opponents I'm not familiar with. It would definitely be more efficient and reliable if I still kept written notes on anything and everything as I used to, but that was becoming too much of a chore so I quit doing that awhile ago.

So, take it with a pinch of salt, but from memory alone, I'd rank this list as follows, if I were in your shoes:

1. Darkyz is by far the biggest shark in this pond, and the win is his, unquestionably (unless he's taking a chill week for whatever reason, but I think that's very rare).

2. I'm pretty sure both Apjmb and Yoto are fairly competitive and active in the current meta. Solid top 4 contenders, at least. But I haven't lost to either of them in the current era, so I don't think they would be major threats to you either.

3. Loewe66, Jiclou and Turbo are all either a bit on the casual side, or just in chill mode. I've had all three in my leagues multiple times in the current meta and aside from one of them having a very tough defensive team that made me lose some points (Jiclou IIRC), it never felt like they were actively competing for top 4.

Crisp doesn't ring a bell from leagues. I'm pretty sure I've fought his weak team in seasons many times, but that doesn't mean anything (except that it's a player strong and active enough to be at high rank in Season, and aware of community trends to show a weak team to help out his fellow players gain points for ME). Could be a new monster in the making, or could be someone playing super chill for all I know. ^^

For you, the good news is you're not in as tough of a group as you thought. Given your recent track record, you should have a really strong shot at a top 4 here. The bad news is that you don't have a realistic shot at #1, unless Darkyz happens to be on vacation or something.

I know you have the eye of the tiger and all that, and again just like Joe I respect and encourage that (I did start competing in D3 way earlier than was customary at the time, and I fought tooth and nail with very low odds many times in my formative years too). But in this case, especially if you're short on boosters, I would strongly recommend taking it relatively easy this week. Unless there's another major player you haven't noticed, I foresee something along the lines of Darkyz very close to a perfect score, followed by you, however you end up doing, and then a fairly big gap until the two lucky ones rounding out the top 4 among this list.

:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • uwu 1

Le 15/01/2024 à 10:21, DvDivXXX a dit :

Loewe66, Jiclou and Turbo are all either a bit on the casual side, or just in chill mode. I've had all three in my leagues multiple times in the current meta and aside from one of them having a very tough defensive team that made me lose some points (Jiclou IIRC), it never felt like they were actively competing for top 4.

I'm guessing you met Jiclou before he became a Bunny a few months ago now, I hope for your sake you don't cross paths with him soon, he's improved leaps and bounds since (as do a lot of players who join our little lair, for some reason 😏)

Good luck @XXDongXX, you'll need 7398 points (before me) to grab 1st 🤝

• uwu 2