Leagues balance discussion

Noacc

My only complaint is that the amount of charges that can be saved needs to be around 8 hours of charges. People shouldn't be punished for sleeping or having jobs. It is refreshing and healthy to get a good night's sleep but annoying to see that it means losing out on something.

• Like 5

I voted for option 1 but no biggy.

I really like the League length changing to 1 week.

I also really like the League end date moving to a day when less is happening. Double plus good.

Two really good changes. Thank you.

For even more double plus goodness move the League's end time away from the Daily Missions and Contest's end time. Right now I have an unfair advantage in Contests. Because of my time zone I can be online at the close and snipe anybody who can't be online. The same is thing is going to apply to the League (especially if earned but unused tokens carry over). Moving the time would also reduce the load on the server at reset.

The 5 hr cap is the devil. I have no problem with the devs making money on the game. I just popped for the monthly card. The extra Kobans it gives are trivial (= 4 girls / year). I did it mostly for the 1 click income collect and to support the devs. I do not mind that the game advantages people giving real money to the devs. However, setting it up so all free players are pushed to damage their sleep verges on morally wrong.

Have a heart devs. Make the league cap 10 hours like combativity.

• Like 5

Heh, I guess they've realized that the anticipated koban revenues aren't coming as expected after too many players figured out that there's little reason to spend. Bumping up the number of players and thus the number of possible battles will take care of that "problem".

Anyway, option 1 for me. Changing the parameters of the first league edition while it's running is kinda BS, but this one's only to separate the good from the not so good, anyway, so might as well get it over with.

Edited by _shal_

sry but i cant like this... normally i consider the devs point-of-view and like to defend it...
but this time i think you go a very wrong way there...

about your changes:

a) 10 points with 30 minutes each and half xp per battle is simply the very same thing like now.
this is just one more of these tricky little things to keep players more continiously within the game...
EDIT: the more i think about it, the more i consider this a step towards pay-to-win...
if someone sleeps or works eight hours, he now misses 6 fights instead of three,
which wont make a difference xp-wise, but means a lot considering the actual ranking points!

b) 7 days is much better! but changing the starting day just adds another important day to log in (see above)...
at least the rewards - especially at the lower ranks - become more reasonable this way compared to the effort...

c) increasing the league size beyond a manageable level without kobans is just wrong!
this is a strict step towards a pay-to-win mechanic and so far the fair free-to-play experience is this game´s biggest strength!

the survey: it feels like respecting the players will, but just offering the option to cut the running season sounds greedy...
why? because if it would be voted, those who have spend a lot of kobans get an advantage and this puts preassure on the others...
i dont want to claim it would be your intention, but this actually feels like teasing into koban usage...

there are a lot of suggestions and even more discussion about the leagues on the forum.
if you want to improve the league, you should listen to the voices there!

- already now there are players who consider the league P2W, even it isnt yet. and there is no positive feedback about it.

- some people consider the league-brackets as too big and/or even discuss strategies how to manage the huge amount of battles and opponents.
  going down to seven days is a great step, but instead of increasing amount of fights and opponents within a shorter timeframe, you should lower them!
  keep the 60 minutes of recharge, but half the size of league brackets. this would even avoid issues having enough players to set up the next higher bracket.

- you stay at five hours of maximum recharge time, but this is one of the very few things the player base agree on one opinion: it is not enough!
  8 hours most seem to be fine with. you want to listen to the community? then you should change that...

- there are concerns about the high amount of xp per battle already. and disappointed players about halving the mission xp.
  you dont change anything there. just half xp per battle, but double amount of fights in the same time.

- i personally think you should lower the xp... by a lot!... the difference to the way more challenging arena fights is just too huge!
  even a loss to a high lvl is worth up to ten times more xp than a normal arena win!
  the xp per loss now should be the reward for a win and no xp for a loss! instead give the mission xp back.
  and by even increasing the league size it becomes more and more a place to buy easy and fast xp for kobans...
  maybe more about this than the weekly rewards... and that should be the most important thing...

all over there is no balancing in your balance-changes...

- but the community asks for balances at koban spenders vs free play.
  the most important things there are the maximum recharge time and a manageable amount of fights.
  you actually go the exactly other way than the community wants to see...

- and there are requests to balance the xp rewards towards the other game features, especially the arena.
  as i said lower the win xp, no loss xp and give mission xp back.
  that would even support your very own statement that the league shouldnt be a must for any player,
  instead of putting even more xp into this feature and make it way more important than other xp sources...
  which is the opposite of balancing...

Edited by Skiron
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Everything is good but I am not understanding when you finished the 3 challenge when the next new challenge appears. I am not seeing any timer there or indicator there. First I thought it was calculated through battle timer but sometimes it changes and sometimes it doesn't. 

Edited by Markoooo
  • Thinking 1

Changing the league duration to one week and moving the start-end to Thursdays-> excellent

Maintaining the total recharge time at 5 hours -> The worst decision. If you are changing the estructure of the league, improve the most demanded point first. The minimum should be 8 hours. Even a minimum change to 6 hours will have an impact in gameplay.

Players on brackets: up 20% -> Very bad if you don't give 20% more battles per week.  Although now in the high end of the brackets (199 players) you also cannot challenge all of them with free recharges, just because the first league in wanker 1 was 100 players it doesn't mean that the next would be that number. My suggestion: maintaining the number of players in league as it is now (100-199), or even lowering the maximum from 199 to 150.

Experience lowered by 50% : Neutral change considering the week battles doubles too.

Reducing the challenge time from 60 minutes to 30 minutes. Not good. It adds to the time we have to spent doing all chores (fighting trolls, in PVP and in league, getting money, market, upgrading girls, daily missions, checking your position in contests, reading the forum ...). Would be mitigated if the amount of charges were increased (at least to 15 maximum, so we can use it in a run like we do with combativity.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Markoooo said:

Everything is good but I am not understanding when you finished the 3 challenge when the next new challenge appears. I am not seeing any timer there or indicator there. First I thought it was calculated through battle timer but sometimes it changes and sometimes it doesn't. 

You select which opponent you wish to challenge by clicking on their name in the list. You can only challenge each specific opponent 3 times in the season. That doesn't refresh at all during the same 2 week (soon to be 1 week) season.

I vote for option 2. Also can we think of reducing the experience required to get through adventure scenarios? I'm a level 63 and sometimes only 3 to 4 clicks and I have to wait for a recharge. 

5 hours for a recharge in Leagues? Seems too long if you want people to play leagues more.

I like the change of changing the refill bar to 10 with a 30 minute timer to recharge 1 point. I like even more that it will be kept at 5 hours. 

This was my major point of contention back in February when the combat point system was changed from a 5 hour maximum to an 10 hour maximum. Playing the game more often is not cheating or unfair. It allows more personal choice in the game, and I always like having more personal choice. If I choose to get less than 8 hours of sleep to play this game, that's nobody's concern except mine. If it allows me as a free player to be able to keep up with the koban spenders, I like it even more

Edited by Blain

I'd like to have 8-10 hours for a full recharge too, that would be the one thing i request. Also, went with option 1. And frankly, i don't see how this can happen :" This will screw a bit this season for the players who has still challenges left and probably could prevent some of you to go to League 2 ".

Edited by CursedLight
  • Like 1

I already left feedback on the test server chat in discord but i will do it here as well but if you really are serious when you say you do not want the game to be pay to win then the league challenge points should be increased.

I would change it to points refilling every 30 minutes and having a 20 cap like with combativity so it would take 10 hours to refill which would help it be less pay to win but that is most likely asking for to much because they were happy with only 5 before and most likely still are.

If the points people got were doubled and that they could hold more points so less players missed out on using their challenge points then league seasons could even be reduced to 7 days instead of 14 and if league rewards are to high for that time then mainly reduce the rewards only at the highest ranks because the higher ranks give a much larger reward than the lower ranks also less reward at the higher ranks discourages people using kobans to pay to win.

I would be fine with a reduction to league exp as well but in exchange give more exp for missions and for arena wins because the huge amount of exp from league wins makes it seem like you are getting barely any exp from arena more so at low levels where you only get a few points of exp for a win and you get no experience for losing arena but for losing league battles you do gain exp for a loss.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Skiron said:

about your changes:

a) 10 points with 30 minutes each and half xp per battle is simply the very same thing like now.

this is just one more of these tricky little things to keep players more continiously within the game...

b) 7 days is much better! but changing the starting day just adds another important day to log in (see above)...

at least the rewards - especially at the lower ranks - become more reasonable this way compared to the effort...

c) increasing the league size beyond a manageable level without kobans is just wrong!

this is a strict step towards a pay-to-win mechanic and so far the fair free-to-play experience is this game´s biggest strength!

the survey: it feels like respecting the players will, but just offering the option to cut the running season sounds greedy...

why? because if it would be voted, those who have spend a lot of kobans get an advantage and this puts preassure on the others...

i dont want to claim it would be your intention, but this actually feels like teasing into koban usage...

Almost all he said... When I saw "You will be able to keep up to 10 unused challenge points (instead of the current 5);" I thinked: finally the devs are listening to us!

Then I saw "Challenge points will recharge twice as fast (30 minutes instead of 60) - this means twice time more battles per day. This will also require to lower the experience gained per battle though so we keep the average amount per day the same." and I was 😒
Almost all the players gave the feedback that we need more time before a complete refill take place and you are not listening and instead of a real balance you give us this changes that are not changes in a good direction. But I have to say I appreciate that now arena, combativity and league times are homologated.

The only good thing is "The Season will be shortened from 14 days to 7 days;"

Off Topic: Skirion, do you mind using Shift+Enter, instead of only Enter, to wrap your lines? This way your posts will be less lengthy and easier to read. And if you want to write a separate paragraph, then you can simply use Enter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mythos said:

Off Topic: Skirion, do you mind using Shift+Enter, instead of only Enter, to wrap your lines? This way your posts will be less lengthy and easier to read. And if you want to write a separate paragraph, then you can simply use Enter.

havent known that, ill keep that in mind...
ive honestly believed that your own posts would just be displayed differently... :D

I dont like that 5 hours full recharge. Make it 8, so I can sleep enough.
As it seems, you are going for pay2win strategy.
More opponents = bigger need to use kobans to keep up with others.
30 minute recharge = you lose more points when you sleep/work/don't play so you need kobans to catch up the loss.

Edited by DrDragonek
  • Like 1

il y a 45 minutes, DrDragonek a dit :

I dont like that 5 hours full recharge. Make it 8, so I can sleep enough.
As it seems, you are going for pay2win strategy.
More opponents = bigger need to use kobans to keep up with others.
30 minute recharge = you lose more points when you sleep/work/don't play so you need kobans to catch up the loss.

The main purpose is to avoid people to be able to play all their tokens. If you can't play, you loose, that's simple as that. Like it was in arena before they changed everything. If you can play all your card even if you are not here, then, there is no point of making a pvp pool. 

But don't worry. Those who will use kobans will be first anyway. So it's not a real pvp pool. It's just a P2Win tournment. Like everything in this game.

I think you already see people coming 1 hour before the end of a contest or in tower of fame and burn all their koban to be first.

Unfair game, not balanced game. The game was better before. Before, if you was not on the game, you was blocked at the max stock of your tokens. And it was really nice. Sadly, this isn't exist anymore. Kinkoid want to earn money so they put in place a lot of stressfull game to be sure than you will buy kobans.

Edited by Sombre
  • Sad 1

One week sounds good. The only bad thing about it as I see: more active players and more cashing players are unbeatable. With this big number of players you can easily beat 90% of them if you are strong enough and use kobans. For someone else that strong, with no kobans and less time (sleeping and working) it is impossible to beat that. I know, more active players want to be honored for it and stuff, but also letting you buy your wins is somehow...not statisfying as a competition. That's also what tilts me a bit about the Leaderboard competition.

I had some ideas on that: If you want to "balance" anything, then do that on the guys in the bracket. I don't really understand how someone with less fighting power than I can have way more point (like 100+ more). And that's not just because of my inactivity or something. I already have around 200 points. You should have different strenght-levels divided into thei own "league competition".

Also I already forgot how I can get from Wanker 1 to Wanker 2. There should be at least some small leak in the game how I can achieve Wanker 2 and so on. Also for new players that don't read all patch notes and stuff.

Option 1

I have noticed there is a HUGE level range in the "Wanker I" table, probably because it's just been implemented, with players ranging from Lv25~250. The Lv25 players will have NO CHANCE at beating the higher level players, so they are relying on the 1point/loss to rank up.

IMO, the faster we can get people into the next stages of the leagues, thus balancing players into more accurate skill tiers, the better.