Leagues balance discussion

Noacc

In the survey I voted for option 2, although I have a few "but".

First of all, as many others up to now have already stated, if the matter is making the experience more enjoyable, the first question that should be addressed in regard of changes is the total refiilling time of the league token bar. As far as the number of players in a bracket is proportioned to the maximum quantity of tokens available in a full bar, if my understanding is correct the only thing that really matters for most players (obviously, especially for free players) is to have the concrete possibility to fully exploit all the tokens at their disposal. Actually, with a full recharge time of five hours, that is not possible, being it for working reasons or other commitments, and, obviously, for the fact that the majority of people sleeps (on average) eight hours every day. So I add my voice to the others asking for a longer full recharge time. A follow-up alteration of the single token-point recharge time and the number of players in a bracket should more than balance the modifies with the needed profit for the devs.

On the matter of league length, shorting matters to one week to receive rewards more often obviously sounds good, but, although i probably am the out-of-the-chorus voice, i will state my opinion: I don't like the change of the starting day. In my opinion is better and simpler planning one strategy for the full week, apply it, and take all the rewards one has deserved when the week ends. Making up two phased strategies, one for the tower of fame, and the other for the leagues, makes me confused to no end.
So, i find much better to end this first league as it was programmed (I find it unfair to make up a strategy with a two week league in mind, and then find your strategy screwed because the league duration has been changed), and then switch to one week leagues, without starting day change.

On the matter of experience cutting, that obviously is made as part of the balancing the increased number of tokens. I will probably review my judgement on this when the piramidal structure of the leagues will reach its form, but as far as I have seen up to now in my game experience, I was right when elsewhere i doubted the experience from the leagues would have made up for the halving of the daily missions experience rewards.

6 hours ago, Skiron said:

i have to admit, i dont get how...
the minimum size is slightly increased, so there are a few more opponents to choose from...
ok... but overall the lvl distribution will be about the same...
so lets say a lower level player would be able to beat 25% of all opponents on average.
at minimum league size he formerly would have beaten 25 opponents, with the change this will go up to 30 on average,
but these 30 will be worth half their former xp, so like 15 beatable opponents before...
my apologies, but again: i dont see how this should help lower level players...
adding the higher amount of wins of higher level players to this calculation, it will even extend the level gaps...

In your example it will now be 30 beatable opponents per week, rather than 25 per two weeks.

56 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

In your example it will now be 30 beatable opponents per week, rather than 25 per two weeks.

if you count per week, agreed... on paper this is more per week for a low lvl player...
but high lvl player get more per week in the same way...
even more by being able to get more wins, means increasing the lvl gap...
so im calculating per league and per league i dont see how this should help lower lvl players...

Edited by Skiron

I'm guessing the faster promotion/demotion schedule is what would help the lower level players. After the current league most of the level 200+ players will be off to Wanker 2. The league after, probably the level 250+ players move onto Wanker 3, with the level 150+ players entering Wanker 2. This will be about 3 weeks from now rather than 5 weeks. People will transition more quickly into the league appropriate for their level.

That said, they really should have taken steps to reduce the massive imbalance in levels in the first league before it was introduced, i.e. the 50,000 highest level people go right into Wanker 2.

• Like 2

Piling onto the complaints everyone has already mentioned (five hour recharge time is too short), I have two conflicting thoughts.

If there are more possible challenges than tokens, and even losses give EXP, this is literally pay to win. If there are less possible challenges than tokens, then there is no strategy whatsoever. I'm not sure how to fix that. Either don't give EXP for losses (and get the new people salty), or remove the ability to recharge tokens (which won't happen for financial reasons).

I do support a longer recharge time, but if we do 20 tokens, 30 minutes per then this is exactly the same as combattivity, and that would be boring.

Option 2. I hate it when they mess with current rules. Im 2nd now behind someone who is clearly spending kobans to win. But hes low lvl. So I figured Ill catch up with him later when he runs out of oponents to beat. That made it impossible to pay 2 win.

But if this gets cut, all changes. Its sgupid to make leagues like this and then let people spend kobans to win. Level, equipment, time spent playing, strategy... all becomes irrelevant. 

The huge lvl difference is temporary in my eyes as higher lvls will move to higher leagues. You want to go to the highest tier? Play and raise your lvl. Not buy more kobans. 

I fear option 1 will win, because most people that are satisfied will not go fill out this survey. People who dislike it will. So congratulations low level koban spender. You just won my league. 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rockzilla said:

I have just thinking about something...It's possible to create a kind of champion's League between the best players of each league.That's would be really interesting

In theory that's what the top league of the game will be once everyone keeps promoting.

• Like 1

I have already submitted my vote, but I would really appreciate it if I/we can get a response on why option one even exist.

More details on what I mean is that paying Kobans is a "option" to gain points to win. Kinkoid knew that people will use this to try and win. If not, they seem to not even play their own game. They also claim that league is a end game activitie.

At the moment I'm in 16th place and haven't missed a single fight. The 5 fight cap is annoying, but I just wake up in a little under 5hr to spend them and go back to sleep. I've checked all of the possible opponents and they are all a joke. Not a single one I'll be able to lose to. Now I'm not here to brag, but just giving you some information on my end. The people ahead of me obviously spent Kobans, whither it be from their credit card, or just have them saved up. Over half of them aren't even close to my level and are under 70,000 Ego behind me. With all of this in mind, I should be able to still beat them because I still have 8 days left, right? Not if all of a sudden I wake up and find out that 8 days I had all disappeared, preventing me from moving up a rank. That is not the feeling you want to give to people on the first impression of league, is it?

I know a lot of this is about Kobans and you are probably sick of hearing about it, but we are sick of seeing it! If I'm going to lose to some whale, at least give me a time of date I'm going to lose and stick with it. That is in 8 days, 20hr and should not change!

Edited by Yamamura
I meant opinion 1 😑
  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

I say play out the 14 days, because that what was originally said.

To be honest I don't see why we are being asked this. This is your game, and you dictate how we play. If you are really in conflict with yourself about a feature with bad stats; just change it, say your sorry, and you might want to give us some kind of peace offering or something. 

To go off topic for a second, What's the point of the public test server? I'm guessing was built to iron out features like this, but there wasn't even a statement of what you want our testing focused on. I'm kind of waiting for the moment when features of the game gets locked out so the testing will be more focused. 

If you've been following  what we have been suggesting about the resent feature, I'm sure you've could have predicted what this thread looks like now. Well I guess you've made your bed. Enjoy the night.

• Like 2

Either keep the charge timer at 1 hour or put the max charges at 20 so we at least get a 10 hour window for sleep/school/work before we start "loosing" charges because they''re maxed out.

My personal preference is to keep the charge timer at 1 hour and don't lower the xp.

I would also love to see the +5 Xp/Affinity to each girl per win added to this PvP system.  +5 is not a lot compared to the several thousand needed to rank up a girl, and adding it to these fights will mean that people will use a variety of girls, and not just the strongest three from each catagory.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Yamamura said:

I have already submitted my vote, but I would really appreciate it if I/we can get a response on why option two even exist.

More details on what I mean is that paying Kobans is a "option" to gain points to win. Kinkoid knew that people will use this to try and win. If not, they seem to not even play their own game. They also claim that league is a end game activitie.

At the moment I'm in 16th place and haven't missed a single fight. The 5 fight cap is annoying, but I just wake up in a little under 5hr to spend them and go back to sleep. I've checked all of the possible opponents and they are all a joke. Not a single one I'll be able to lose to. Now I'm not here to brag, but just giving you some information on my end. The people ahead of me obviously spent Kobans, whither it be from their credit card, or just have them saved up. Over half of them aren't even close to my level and are under 70,000 Ego behind me. With all of this in mind, I should be able to still beat them because I still have 8 days left, right? Not if all of a sudden I wake up and find out that 8 days I had all disappeared, preventing me from moving up a rank. That is not the feeling you want to give to people on the first impression of league, is it?

I know a lot of this is about Kobans and you are probably sick of hearing about it, but we are sick of seeing it! If I'm going to lose to some whale, at least give me a time of date I'm going to lose and stick with it. That is in 8 days, 20hr and should not change!

Option 2 exists precisely because of what I bolded. Why would you want to wake up and find out the 14 day event is now suddenly cut off? It makes no sense to change the announced duration of something that has already started. Keeping the first league at the announced duration is fair, as everyone could plan for it.

Option 1 is the one that would be would be unfair to people (like yourself) who know they can pace themselves, and will beat enouhg to get into the top 15 given time. That's the option that I would really question why it exists.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zteev said:

Option 2 exists precisely because of what I bolded. Why would you want to wake up and find out the 14 day event is now suddenly cut off? It makes no sense to change the announced duration of something that has already started. Keeping the first league at the announced duration is fair, as everyone could plan for it.

Option 1 is the one that would be would be unfair to people (like yourself) who know they can pace themselves, and will beat enouhg to get into the top 15 given time. That's the option that I would really question why it exists.

You want to read that again? Option 1 is going to shorten the season we are on at the moment. Option 2 will keep the remaining time.

• Thinking 1

On 9/20/2018 at 11:04 PM, Noacc said:

The number of players in Brackets.

1. The minimum number of players is changed from 100 to 120

Leagues brackets will change from 100 - 199 to 120 - 239 players

Does this mean that each player wherever he or she is playing om a particular league bracket varies from one another? As stated in the current set-up, the minimum number of players in brackets is 100 and can go up to 199. Does this also mean that other players in the same bracket where I am currently playing have different number of players available for challenge? For example, I have 100 players available to challenge for a maximum of 3 times and the other player in my same bracket might have up to 199 or 200 players available for challenge. If that is the case, I would find it unfair because the resulting end score at the end of the 14-day league season will have great discrepancy or gap with one another. My understanding regarding this is that all players playing in the same bracket should have equal number of players available for challenge to ensure fairness in the computation of each final score. I notice that one of the players in my bracket is in a rush to big a commanding lead using constant refill of his challenge points by spending kobans. I hope that my observation is wrong that  unlike the rest of us, he has more than 100 players available to challenge that is why he is very confident he would finish at the top of our bracket at the end of the 1st league season.. This clarification also applies to the planned changes for the number of players in brackets in the succeeding league seasons. I hope the admin and devs should set a standard or specific number of players for each bracket to avoid inequality in the computation of scores for each player of the same bracket. The word "minimum" and range in size for each number of players is somewhat confusing and creating uncertainty or lack of clarity on how the computation for each player's score would really have accurate results. Please be informed that I am not spreading rumor that devs is messing up the league with regards to the scoring system because I am just looking for clarification regarding this. I already learned my lesson with the warning given to me in my previous post regarding the start of the league season. Please advise ahd have a nice day to all. Thanks.

56 minutes ago, Yamamura said:

You want to read that again? Option 1 is going to shorten the season we are on at the moment. Option 2 will keep the remaining time.

I have to say that I'm confused too about what you wrote: at the beginning you say that option two should not exist, but then you seem to advocate in favour of it.

• Like 1

@TrueNinja Thanks for the clarification. of this confusion: Each player of a league will be divided between brackets from 100 to 199 players in which they will compete in a full season. If my understanding is correct, that means the maximum possible score for any player in the same bracket where I am currently playing after the 14-day full season where there are 100 players available to challenge of up to a maximum of 3 times should not exceed 900 points. Please correct if I am wrong about this argument: Any player exceeding 900 points at the end of the 1st league season should be reported with the relevant screenshot to the admin and devs for dispute or challenge to the final results of the 1st league season, right? By the way, my choice is option 2 because it should proceed and end as what is originally announced in the patch notes.

Edited by $exgod69
typo error and additional information

It's better for them to start the next season sooner which would be the 27th on Thursday because not only will you be rewarded for this league round 1 week sooner than before but you will get the reward for the next league season faster as well and the reward from the second league season will be higher than the first league season so even if you are not in the top 4 for the first league season round you will make more this way than if they wait.

The second league season doubles the reward for each rank that the first league season gave so you get the first league season rewards faster plus getting a higher reward from the second season faster will put you better off than waiting the full time for this season to end.

Edited by natstar