Patch Notes 09/01/19 Discussion

Mika Kinkoid

4 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

If you do all your missions every day, you receive more than enough Kobans to spin the epic pachinko x10 every month. Provided you don't waste those Kobans doing other things.

That is not Free. Anything you do that requires you to 'spend' something you earned to get it or do it isn't free.

2 hours ago, TeeJay said:

That is not Free. Anything you do that requires you to 'spend' something you earned to get it or do it isn't free.

No game is free by your logic because you have to spend time that you could be using to make money to play them.

You do not spend real life money doing the daily missions and you can go do something else while you wait for the timer to end for them and the only time you really have an excuse for not finishing them all on time is when you have an event mission that goes on for a long time but you can start those missions before you go out to do things or before you go to bed so still easy to get them done on time as well and if you are not doing the daily missions you are not logging on to do league,arena or villain fights as well because you should be doing the missions at the same time.

Edited by natstar

1 hour ago, natstar said:

No game is free by your logic because you have to spend time that you could be using to make money to play them.

You do not spend real life money doing the daily missions and you can go do something else while you wait for the timer to end for them and the only time you really have an excuse for not finishing them all on time is when you have an event mission that goes on for a long time but you can start those missions before you go out to do things or before you go to bed so still easy to get them done on time as well and if you are not doing the daily missions you are not logging on to do league,arena or villain fights as well because you should be doing the missions at the same time.

Your argumentative counterpoint is seriously flawed based on your own definition of 'my logic' in this matter. The first part of the flaw is that you draw that conclusion based upon your own opinion, an opinion derived by a need to be right on this matter.

To counter your bs with like bs, a Free, all expense paid vacation to Hawaii isn't free because you lose money that you could have earned by going on that vacation.

And this is where you and I differ. While you are pulling counter arguments out of your ass which fail in testing in real life situations, I am pulling my definitions from real life. Lets take a look, this should be educational for you.

The rest of your diatribe adds little to your point. Lets pick your rambling apart...

You do not spend real life money doing the daily missions

- True. So, lets see how this works in real life. If I did not spend real life money to earn something then that means I did not earn something, and therefore it is not something I possess. So If I find money on the ground and put it in my pocket, it's completely reasonable for anyone to come along and take it as it is not something I earned and therefore not something I possess so it has no value in the scheme of exchange and goods, as well as possession of goods and assets. Or, lets say I find a hat that fits me on the ground it belongs to no one. I didn't spend any time earning money to buy that hat, therefore I don't actually possess that hat. It has no value, it can be taken from me at any time without recourse. Why? Because I didn't spend any money on it.

But, in life, if you find something, even if you didn't pay money for it, and no one claimed ownership of it, it becomes yours. Why do I use 'find'? Because, most times when we come into possession of something we did not spend Real Life Money on, we find it. Gifting is another way. As is rewarding. But we'll get to those later. The point is, once it is my possession, it is something I can exchange for goods or services. It becomes an asset. An asset is something that you can add to expendable gross and net worth. Therefore it is a thing of value as it improves you. Economically, in the case of money, or as shelter, in the case of your hat. You may also be able to sell your hat for money, or use your money to buy a hat. You could also buy food with that money. Or a car, or anything else. But those things you get doing that didn't come Free. You had to Pay for them. You had to lose some of your assets.

Assets come in many forms and also come to you in many forms. Most times Assets come to you in the form of a paycheck. You give someone one your time and effort, they give you money. Sometimes you win money; gambling, lotto. Sometimes you're gifted with it. Sometimes it's a reward, given for actions great and small, from rescuing orphans from a burning church to being a good and loyal member of your credit card. And, sometimes, it just appears out of the blue. The last is called a 'windfall' as it wsn't planned upon, or engineered by you, or worked towards to achieve. It's just there, blown in by the wind, dropped out of the sky. But, in all of these cases, no matter how you came by the money, it is yours now and it becomes an asset.

you can go do something else while you wait for the timer to end for them

- Yes, yes I can. Any one can. What's the point of this point? That unless you spend consistent, extend, life occupying time in achieving something, that anything you get is not yours? It is not a possession. It is not an asset. So back up to that money finding thing again. Because I spent only a few seconds, the time it took to bend down and pick it up, that time does not equate out to the value of what I've found, of what I've gained, of what fate has gifted to me, and, therefore, does not count as an asset or a possession.

the only time you really have an excuse for not finishing them all on time is when you have an event mission that goes on for a long time but you can start those missions before you go out to do things or before you go to bed so still easy to get them done on time as well and if you are not doing the daily missions you are not logging on to do league,arena or villain fights as well because you should be doing the missions at the same time.

-- What the hell does any of this have to do with the price of tea in China, let alone my statement that if you have to give something up to get something then that something is not free?

Now, lets see if I can explain the situation of the Kobans to you. The 150 kobans you receive is a reward you are given for completing the daily tasks. You managed to complete them all, here's your prize. Yours, as in ownership and possession. It becomes an asset.

It doesn't matter how you spent your time completing your tasks, just as it doesn't matter how you spend your time when you earn your real life money. The end results is, You Earn It. Either as Pay, or as Compensation, or as a Reward. You Earned It. Do Billionaires not earn their lucrative money while sitting on their ass next to their pool masturbating to articles of themselves in Forbes? Does the person who spends just a couple of minutes to buy and scratch a lotto ticket not earn their money when they win? Do people who have others manage their investments not earn their money when said investments pay off? After all, they're off 'doing something else' while those investments are earning them money.

Time is a relative and subjective attribute when it comes to earning. Does spending more time at something mean you should always earn more than those who spend less time at something? Does that mean that only those who spend tremendous amounts of time actually earn anything that they can claim as an asset? Your argument seems to say that is the way it is. But, it does not measure up in the real world. You can spend 40 to 60 hours a week, working yourself to death and earn shit, or you could spend an hour a week and make a kings ransom. It doesn't matter how that time was spent. What matter is the end result. And that is the Real World in which Real Money is earned. As is anything that is earned. Earn a Meal. Earn a Ticket. Earn a Chance at Spinning the Big Wheel. Earn the Trust and Loyalty of a Friend. Earn a 150 kobans for completing a bunch of daily missions within 24 hours in a computer game.How much time does each of these take? What is the set time allotment that allows them to be earned? There isn't one. Therefore, you're entire point of how much time is spit is complete BS.

And when it comes to possessions, whether it is a tangible object, like gold, gems, a car, a new stereo, or if it's intangible like a direct deposit to your bank or virtual super money on a game, it is YOURs. It is a possession. It is something you have that is an asset. No matter how wide spread its use is or or how narrow its use is, it is still an asset. It is still something of yours to use. And when you have to liquidate that asset, when you have to consume it, when you have to trade it away, all to get something in return, then that something is not Free as you had to give up something to get it.

And that is the way it is in the real world. And you brought the real world in when you decided to equate all of this to earning real money. Real Money, I will point out to you, is not a real asset. It's paper, it's script, its a promissory note that denotes that there is something of value backing it up. And that's only speaking about it the physical form. It is even less real when you get into banking transfers, direct deposit, bit coins, credit cards, Apple Pay. It's all just numbers in ledger or on a computer. Bits of electricity on a circuit board. And the purpose of my asinine example here is that other than the scope of its use, tangibly, there's little difference between modern Real Life Money and Kobans.

Now why am I spending so much time and energy on this? Because your rebuttal is complete shit. I mean that literally.It stinks like it came out of the ass end of a cow. And I'll explain why.

See, back in the days before the Internet, back when people talked face to face, there'd be a certain kind of person that would make the most ludicrous and unfounded of statements. And when people smarter, wiser, more educated, and/or just generally more experienced in the world than them would point out the flaws or lies in their statement, they would resort to tactic generally called Talking Over Everyone or Shouting It Down. In this process, they would resort to very, very, very loud voice reiterating their statement, backing it up with any point imaginable, related or not, and attacking the nay-sayer. They would just blast their voice over and over until people gave up and just told them they were right to shut them up.

We had a name for these kinds of people. We called them Assholes because nothing but shit came out of their mouths.

So why am I so angry at your post? Because it has no solid foundation for your counter point. It's just a rant of nonsensical text vomited onto the screen in order to shout down my point.

And what really pisses me off more is that you use that textual crap in order try and knock me down. In posting that up there, you insult my intelligence, my education, and my life experience on this world. Further, because you think your unrelated rambling is a valid excuse for your earlier statement, you treat me like I'm complete idiot, some lowly piece of shit. That all you need to do is toss out some half-thought excuse to maintain your pride and hubris and that it will bend me low and in awe of your mental superiority.

What else pisses me off about you and this post, is that you seek to twist words, facts, and situations in order to achieve some kind of victory. That's double the bs because your try to cram a deception, a lie, down my throat as the truth.

I've done my best to counter your crap. I'm not always as articulate as I need to be to get my points across, but I do so with the best effort of being clear, honest, and be supported by strong, practical evidence.

3 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

In this case literally nothing in the game is free then, since you need a device and internet to use it.

Like natstar, your argumentative rebuttal's value is best used to fertilize my garden. A shame I can't take my computer out to it and just shake all of your comments into it.

And I'm going to stop there before I waste any more of my time on you two.

Il y a 4 heures, GeorgeMTO a dit :

In this case literally nothing in the game is free then, since you need a device and internet to use it.

The daily x1 spin in the Super Pachinko is free, the Epic Pachinko isn't since you have to "work" for you kobans during a whole month.

10 hours ago, TeeJay said:

I think you are taking this out of context on purpose just for the sake of taking it out of context.
Everyone using the term "free" uses that term to denote that they didn't have to pay real money to get in-game currency.
Changing the definition to fit your opinion doesn't make their statement false.
I have never bought anything on this account, yet I did epic pachinko spins.
Those spins were therefore free.
The game provides you more than enough for free over time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HeatSeeker said:

Event score for completing event missons of the top of right of activity is missing and i completed 11 tasks out of 12 and i didn't win any thing

This hasn't been in activity for a couple of months now. It's part of the event tab on the main screen. Unsure of the 2nd bit, perhaps a bug report is more useful.

3 hours ago, Helix said:

The daily x1 spin in the Super Pachinko is free, the Epic Pachinko isn't since you have to "work" for you kobans during a whole month.

I don't consider playing the game to be work. Hence why I do it for no payment. If I consider something work, I ask someone to provide compensation in order for doing it.

il y a 2 minutes, GeorgeMTO a dit :

I don't consider playing the game to be work. Hence why I do it for no payment. If I consider something work, I ask someone to provide compensation in order for doing it.

Going by this logic then affection items, equipements and raising girls is free too since we get money just by playing the game.

4 hours ago, TeeJay said:

lol.

What you want is a gift which is given to you while something being free just means you do not pay for it however when a gift is given to you in real life you are normally expected to get one for the person that gave it to you so by your logic even if someone pays for something and gives it to you as a gift you still do not consider getting it without any effect because you might have to spend a few seconds saying thank you for the gift.

You can spend real money on buying kobans in the game if you are to busy to click the daily missions to get the kobans without paying money for them.

A lot of people or places that offer things for free which means you do not pay for them make you pick them up because they do not offer free delivery with them.

According to you they are not free because you have to spend time going to get them yourself just like you have to spend time clicking on the daily missions which are a free way of getting kobans because not only do you not pay for them but you can go away from keyboard so you do not have to watch the timer tick down for each one of them.

If you cannot even do the daily missions then I do not know what game you have time to play because doing them is just clicking the daily mission and then doing something else I do this on more than one account a day and I work 6 hours a day Monday to Friday plus i take 1 hour getting to work and coming home from work which adds another two hours because I use public transport because it is cheaper than driving and I pick up free stuff all the time but according to you it's not free because I have to go pick it up due to them not giving me free delivery with the stuff I do not pay for.

Edited by natstar

14 minutes ago, Helix said:

Going by this logic then affection items, equipements and raising girls is free too since we get money just by playing the game.

I refer you to Chthugha's comment that we were mostly using free to denote not using real money.

25 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

I think you are taking this out of context on purpose just for the sake of taking it out of context.
Everyone using the term "free" uses that term to denote that they didn't have to pay real money to get in-game currency.
Changing the definition to fit your opinion doesn't make their statement false.
I have never bought anything on this account, yet I did epic pachinko spins.
Those spins were therefore free.
The game provides you more than enough for free over time.

il y a 6 minutes, GeorgeMTO a dit :

I refer you to Chthugha's comment that we were mostly using free to denote not using real money.

The whole game is "free" since you don't have to put any money on it to play. You need to put things in context, and the game context, Epic Pachink isn't "free" once a month.

34 minutes ago, Helix said:

The whole game is "free" since you don't have to put any money on it to play. You need to put things in context, and the game context, Epic Pachink isn't "free" once a month.

Why would you need to put things in context?
In gaming free to play means not having to put real life money into the game.
Therefore yes, this game is free.
We are not talking about in-game currencies here.
Which is exactly the same mistake TeeJay made.

Why not instead put it in the context of what the game and it's currency itself considers free? Each day you get one free spin of the regular pachinko: You could have zero money, kobans, zero everything and still spin it once a day. By contrast one spin of Epic Pachinko still costs resources even if you got all your kobans for it without spending real-world money, thus it isn't free according to the game itself.

Plus this whole discussion on whether or not the spin is free seems rather strange: The game itself is Free to Play, with those who do spend real-world money getting quite a bit of advantages over those who don't. 

Edited by saint

On 1/8/2019 at 4:40 PM, Chthugha said:

Sooo, time to get this thing on the road (just reached world 11 today).
Do I need the gifts: not exactly since I've stashed away 250k+ affection, I prefer money as reward.
But I do want the girls from Karole.
So now I'll do 20 battles vs Karole every day (2 level ups), and the rest goes to Roko for the money.
Since I bought about 2-3 gifts everyday from the shop, I now won't have to do that anymore, since I'll get 20 gifts (or maybe less) from Karole everyday.
Once I've gotten all girls from her, I'll simply go back to fighting Roko the whole day again.

I like that the whole forum agreed that villain girls should be removed from the pachinko, and now that they have done that, people are suddenly very upset.
It's a good thing, and they should definitely do that for all future worlds as well.

I just want to say that I dislike Devin.
What an annoying character >,<

I feel that most people are speaking in hyperboles, and I'm afraid that comes across the wrong way, and it's also very hard to tune down from.
Sad to see this happen, but at least it does show emotion, which usually results from one thing: caring for the game.

You are a nice person, thank you for staying level headed. That is all.

P.s.: I haven't maxed out all of my epic girls yet and I already reached the new ninja world. So maybe there are more people like me and the developers are trying to bring everyone to a affection maxed out harem? Not a bad idea in my opinion. Maybe experience in world 12 and then money again from world 13 onwards.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 4:02 AM, GeorgeMTO said:

If you do all your missions every day, you receive more than enough Kobans to spin the epic pachinko x10 every month. Provided you don't waste those Kobans doing other things.

Im not going to write a book about it like the other guy, but this is pushing it. We get kobans for free, not an epic pachinko. Kobans are usable for many things. (refills for league and event girls being the most notable) Your statement is based on your personal opinion that anything but epic pachinko is a waste. 

We get kobans, not a free epic pachinko like we do a grand pachinko. 

ps. I also dislike Devin. 🤣

Edited by DHarry

2 hours ago, DHarry said:

Im not going to write a book about it like the other guy, but this is pushing it. We get kobans for free, not an epic pachinko. Kobans are usable for many things. (refills for league and event girls being the most notable) Your statement is based on your personal opinion that anything but epic pachinko is a waste. 

We get kobans, not a free epic pachinko like we do a grand pachinko. 

It's not the same kind of free sure, but just doing all your missions gives you more than enough for a spin a month. Between ToF, contests and leagues, there's other kobans for other things.

I also wouldn't have worded it the same way Natstar initially did, but I frequently call him out for his awful word choice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 5:51 AM, Cantrix said:

Wait until your great pachinko x10 spins  cost 5million, and you have to upgrade your second legendary class girl to 5stars, then tell us again how much you like the new system.

Well the x10 for me now is 1M so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 11 months later...

So, in the arena, I can receive +5 affection and +5 experience for a girl by winning a fight. Battling Karole should have this as the equivalent base minimum reward for a match. I don't know the affection/experience equivalence ratio, but giving a player an affection item worth less than what you can quickly get via the arena is flat out disrespectful to someone who has given you 300+ days of loyalty in daily play. If "common" items are to be a genuine reward for players above level 200, then the value of said items should be equal to or greater than the worth of arena awards IMHO.

1 hour ago, Pelinor said:

So, in the arena, I can receive +5 affection and +5 experience for a girl by winning a fight. Battling Karole should have this as the equivalent base minimum reward for a match. I don't know the affection/experience equivalence ratio, but giving a player an affection item worth less than what you can quickly get via the arena is flat out disrespectful to someone who has given you 300+ days of loyalty in daily play. If "common" items are to be a genuine reward for players above level 200, then the value of said items should be equal to or greater than the worth of arena awards IMHO.

Your feedback has been received, Kinkoid will reduce the affection you gain via arena.

Honestly, go back to topics when Karole was released, we've already discussed many times about how the value of her dropping affection items is actually more profitable than simply cash on average.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Your feedback has been received, Kinkoid will reduce the affection you gain via arena.

Honestly, go back to topics when Karole was released, we've already discussed many times about how the value of her dropping affection items is actually more profitable than simply cash on average.

My feedback was based, in large part, on the analysis provided by  @Master Holt, where he correctly pointed out that until Karole reaches a level where the majority of her rewards were "rare," or better, the player was losing value by doing battle with her. The worse case is consecutive "common flower" awards with a value of +3 affection. IMHO the item has zero business being in the reward array at this level of play.