money

but what else can they drop? affection tokens and books sell cheap, so we cant get lots of money by selling them, the boosters maybe,. but equipment sells for major money so after that they have no choice in worlds but to give us money

I won't be surprised if every two worlds they will alternate between affection items and experience books but i agree and i would prefer if the bosses were giving us money instead.

Edited by Hotless

i think everyone would prefer that but the devs dont want ot do that for some unknown reason most likely they dont want us leveling up our harems too fast and while the girls get affection and experience, you still need cash or kobans to get them to start the new levels

56 minutes ago, Varnart said:

but what else can they drop? affection tokens and books sell cheap, so we cant get lots of money by selling them, the boosters maybe,. but equipment sells for major money so after that they have no choice in worlds but to give us money

If you go to market and select a booster, let say the first green one - what is shown as "sell for xx Ymen"? 700 ymen

compared to cheapest green book: 2671 ymen

compared to cheapest green gift: 2780 ymen

So, no, booster don't sell for better value, they sell even worse.

Can't compare legendary atm, just epic: max selling price is 2624 ymen.

so getting boosters in world after sea - for me less worth to level this boss up, the first small portion of documented numbers reveal two things:

- common and rare items stay with the boss

- and they seem to have the majority part in your dropping bag

Why I see there a problem: I cannot stack the usage of boosters, there is only one at a time (/slot), so the entire common & rare are for trashbin. Because entering the sea world is usually at such a high level that these booster are not worth to be looked at.

I have to agree. While the symmetry of a booster boss and a gear boss appeals but the economics are horrid.

Books and affection are useful. I have stopped buying them. I get them from Karol/Jackson at whatever rate they deem fit and chip away at their girls. 6+ new girls/mth gives me a constant use for aff items and my own level increases give me a constant use for books.

But boosters? The max number you can use in a day is 4. If they drop each fight that is 2 hours worth. You end up selling 22 hrs worth for peanuts.

Gear? 99% of gear is useless. You would end up selling basically all of it for peanuts.

The silly argument as to how to value Karole's drops (buy or sell price)  raged for weeks in this forum. For boosters and gear there is no argument. Sell price. AKA peanuts.

So I do not see how they could do a booster/gear boss without radical changes to the game.

Edited by snowman22
added word
  • Thinking 1

11 hours ago, Hotless said:

I won't be surprised if every two worlds they will alternate between affection items and experience books but i agree and i would prefer if the bosses were giving us money instead.

I agree fully with this. The only alternative, as I said elsewhere, is that the devs in the future will introduce some other sort of droppable thing, about what we can only hope on the usefulness. But, up to now, I am more prone to believe in the alternance hypothesis.

11 hours ago, snowman22 said:

I have to agree. While the symmetry of a booster boss and a gear boss appeals but the economics are horrid.

Books and affection are useful. I have stopped buying them. I get them from Karol/Jackson at whatever rate they deem fit and chip away at their girls. 6+ new girls/mth gives me a constant use for aff items and my own level increases give me a constant use for books.

But boosters? The max number you can use in a day is 4. If they drop each fight that is 2 hours worth. You end up selling 22 hrs worth for peanuts.

Gear? 99% of gear is useless. You would end up selling basically all of it for peanuts.

The silly argument as to how to value Karole's drops (buy or sell price)  raged for weeks in this forum. For boosters and gear there is no argument. Sell price. AKA peanuts.

So I do not see how they could do a booster/gear boss without radical changes to the game.

Bosses dropping gear would be the only boss to battle because the sell too high. I have a green lv 343 item selling for just under 400k, that's like 13.5 times roko.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yourfriend said:

Bosses dropping gear would be the only boss to battle because the sell too high. I have a green lv 343 item selling for just under 400k, that's like 13.5 times roko.

Yeah. Even gray items are worth +100k so it would be super worth it.

DW the sell prices of gear will be nerfed too, as was back in the day. I still remember the good ol' days when you could actually end up with more money than you had after spining the great pachinko and selling the stuff, earned there...

After this one we should get money again. There really arent any consumables left. Equipment is pointless, kobans highly unlikely and boosters... well, we would see everyone boosted up 24/7 again with that. 

2 hours ago, DHarry said:

After this one we should get money again. There really arent any consumables left. Equipment is pointless, kobans highly unlikely and boosters... well, we would see everyone boosted up 24/7 again with that. 

Boosters and gear.

1 hour ago, Varnart said:

just to be jerks they probably will do affection and experience items over and over again just alternating between them for the next 10 worlds

On 5/5/2019 at 4:36 PM, Hotless said:

2 hours ago, DHarry said:

But thats my point, boosters wont really work or add anything and gear arent consumables.

They don't add anything, but are anothser consumable that the devs can use since they clearly are obsessed with creating money scarcity

13 hours ago, yourfriend said:

You are right. I got sidetracked thinking about the usefulness. My bad. Boosters sell for too little, gear sells for too much.

37 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

They don't add anything, but are anothser consumable that the devs can use since they clearly are obsessed with creating money scarcity

not a money scarcity, they want people to put money into the games to get kobans to get things like girls and money, that's why they lowered the drop rate for the girls, so you would have to buy kobans to buy energy to fight the bosses to get the girls, and as a side product, get less money so you have to buy kobans to buy affection items (well refills on affection items, since you use cash to buy the items themselves)

• Thinking 1

10 hours ago, Cantrix said:

But even then, boosters are more of a semi consumable. You can only consume 4 a day. Unlike ”real” consumables like books and gifts that you can dump as many as you like. (to a degree, but for most people there is no real limit to it.)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Varnart said:

not a money scarcity, they want people to put money into the games to get kobans to get things like girls and money, that's why they lowered the drop rate for the girls, so you would have to buy kobans to buy energy to fight the bosses to get the girls, and as a side product, get less money so you have to buy kobans to buy affection items (well refills on affection items, since you use cash to buy the items themselves)

I don’t know what the devs have in mind for us, but I wonder how you managed to speak with such conviction. Are there any evidence that they lowered the drop rate blah blah blah eventually resulting in them earning more?

i speak that way because first of all and no offense but its obvious they lowered the drop rate they put the shards in to stop people complaining about not showing the drop rate, but they never published it for everyone, and while people can be naive about it, they said the larger your harem the harder it will be for you to get new girls (ie lowered the rate) and secondly its just common sense if you are doing a free game you want people to put money into it to support it and will lower and change things so people  will buy a monthly card, or buy kobans  to get the girls they want.

• Thinking 1