Patch Notes 14/08/19 discussion

Lazy Lord

Adventure

• Release of World 12 Quest 9: The way you got the last compass was kinda... special, wasn't it? But no time for a speech! A new island is to be discovered.

General

• The Tower of Fame will display by default the Global leaderboard instead of the National one
  • Increasing of the maximum player’s level from 400 to 500
    • We changed the formula regarding the quantity of points you can purchase per level, now for every level the player will be able to purchase 30 points in each stat per level

• More grind. Hurrah!
    • More cash to spend, hurrah take 2! I hope it's retroactive

Is indeed a retroactive change, it also removes the fact that the first 25 levels gave you 40 points instead of the 19 every level after did, so everyone will be able to purchase 11*LEVEL-525.

Not a fan of raising the level cap this early. What's the point of advertising a level cap for nearly two years if it gets raised the moment a handful of whales reach it.

• Like 7

I'm glad we go back to the global results.

The raising level is not too surprising, but it is the fact that it's "only" 100 levels. How long until we see another raise?

More upgrades per level is good (and the fact that it's a round number and not an odd one like 19 even more). If it's also retroactive, I'll have to spend a lot to get my character up to date!

When is this going into effect?  Is it going to happen BEFORE the current League cycle resolves? The date cited (14e août) certainly implies that it will. If so, VERY BAD FORM, @Kinkoid, especially after the same issue came up for the last rules update!  Thankfully, you adjusted things so the change would come into effect with the cycle change.

People have been operating on one set of rules for the first 4+ days. Changing power dynamics mid-cycle will totally screw people's working strategies so far.

As I feared, another level cap extension, meaning that, taking into account the exponential table experience, my personal goal will go away another couple of years. In truth, @GeorgeMTO has really a point: up to now only @Gogeta, @Fran, @isi, @[CNO] TK and @[CNO] Cadmos have reached level 400, with @Habi at few thousand exp from the same goal, and a few others who will reach it in a few weeks. Almost all of them will gain little or no benefit from the additional buyable stat points in the market, and months will be needed before a consistent number of players will surpass level 400, making a level cap extension now nearly worthless.

To say it all, the thing that pisses me off most is the extension of the level limit without a revamp of the experience table: frankly, the first thing that comes to mind is that dozens of potential new players will run away from the game as soon as they will realize that without spending a lot of real money (and many arena fights) they will need three or even four years to reach the maximum level. It almost seems that the devs have decided to shoot themselves in the foot on their own.

• Like 3

Nice way to shove a dildo up the ass.

At level 360, I was expecting myself to catch up with the rest to finally have some fun at D3 since D3 top at nutaku was dominate by those at least level 380.

But nope, let's extend the level to ruin the fun while not providing new or alternative approach to earn exp faster.

Seems like more & more of the update is catering more towards the elite. 

31 minutes ago, Valgo said:

Nice way to shove a dildo up the ass.

At level 360, I was expecting myself to catch up with the rest to finally have some fun at D3 since D3 top at nutaku was dominate by those at least level 380.

But nope, let's extend the level to ruin the fun while not providing new or alternative approach to earn exp faster.

Seems like more & more of the update is catering more towards the elite. 

Those elite, as you say, are probably the ones that are paying money that keeps the game running and pays the salaries of the people creating new content.

Do you really blame Kinkoid for wanting to keep those people from getting bored and leaving?

• Like 3

Wow, I'm considering to retire. The raising of the stats cap is a serious blow to my progress. Just when I reached the cap last week now I am thrown back very far. My money count is always low...at least I'm lucky I didn't renew the membership yet. Going to wait and see how all this unfolds. I'm ok with the level cap even if I'm not halfway there, but the stat points cap is devastating.

5 hours ago, MCP said:

Those elite, as you say, are probably the ones that are paying money that keeps the game running and pays the salaries of the people creating new content.

Do you really blame Kinkoid for wanting to keep those people from getting bored and leaving?

I think, it's not really likely that the few 400 players are the one who are carrying this gaming with their money - there are at least a ton of players who are paying and havent reached the limit so far (and probably will not reach it in the next two months). For those, who are probably the majority of paying players, would it have been nice to wait a few months to catch up. So, maybe it's more likely that those players will leaving if/when they realise that they can pay a lot of money for another year and still not able to catch up.

edit: but, indeed, you have a point. The recent changes strengthen the top tier players and weaken the mid/low tier players, so it seems, that kk is concentrating on those players - how unreasonable would it be, if they hadnt had done a good analysis before doing this

Edited by blaa

that's a lot of money in stat upgrade, all at once.

Champions did a lot to improve everyone's money position, including myself. Use to struggle with the money part without champions.

taking away one legendary object had little effect on that. We'll see how it goes. It's of course optional but I expect to be broke again, as soon as the patch hits.

6 hours ago, MCP said:

As it's widely observed whaling is NOT the most successful way to monetize your game. Catering to all your players and offering more reasonable prices would bring in many more people into considering buying currency and packs hence supporting the game. If the prices weren't so outrageous i would have considered buying kobans occasionally, not only when there are 5k kobans for 5$ packs. It's bad as it astranges casual spenders and players, who are also supporting the game by buying monthly cards(which are real micro transactions-not the 10€one), cause there's no way i would consider anything above 10€ as a "micro" transaction. If you are happy by being stomped by whales i can see why you are fine with the current system and level increase, but it's not ethycal nor it's positive for most of the players(who are also supporting the game even though they don't spend hundreds of $s each event).

• Like 1

I think Kinkoid made a huge mistake by adding another lvl cap. They should have keep it at 400 and be done with it, like where does it stop, lvl 1000000 ?

I would have like to see the xp used differently at the cap lvl. Once you reach lvl 400 the extra xp you gain should be used in other ways, like convert gained xp in stat points to buy in market, or convert xp into stat points(bonus/extra) to be added on gear. this way ppl at lvl 400 would still be inclined to spend time and money, improving that gear  and stat points , thus  differentiating them form other players

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Increasing  level cap at this soon was not a good thing. Not many people have reached it, while many others were desperately trying to hit the current max level to do better in pvp and get more money form selling items. But now that goal is blown to pieces. And if the way you need experience per level, it's another 2 years wait before most people can hit lvl 500. *sigh*

As for stat points change, I think the devs had to do something like that. They needed someway to increase players power as champions fight would become ridiculously difficult. Actually now that I think about it, this level cap increase was probably another way to increase players power for champions fight.........and well, of course to get more money out of their player base. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 10:14 AM, MCP said:

And others did't? Some probably spend more $ than those elite in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Valgo said:

And others did't? Some probably spend more $ than those elite in the first place.

Can you definitely say whether those others are positively or negatively affected by the level limit being changed?

On 8/12/2019 at 10:44 PM, GeorgeMTO said:

Is indeed a retroactive change, it also removes the fact that the first 25 levels gave you 40 points instead of the 19 every level after did, so everyone will be able to purchase 11*LEVEL-525.

Not a fan of raising the level cap this early. What's the point of advertising a level cap for nearly two years if it gets raised the moment a handful of whales reach it.

Agreed. It's too soon. This way the cap meant nothing. I think they may just as well remove the cap at all since they will just push it up as soon as 6 players get there and they kept getting xp as well, so it was like it was never there. Those whales will run away from us small time investors in no-time when the cap is removed, so there was no need to accommodate just them with a lvl cap raise right away.

1 minute ago, DHarry said:

Agreed. It's too soon. This way the cap meant nothing. I think they may just as well remove the cap at all since they will just push it up as soon as 6 players get there and they kept getting xp as well, so it was like it was never there. Those whales will run away from us small time investors in no-time when the cap is removed, so there was no need to accommodate just them with a lvl cap raise right away.

Oh don't worry it was only a soft cap. The exp they've earned carries through into the new system, so they're still just as far away from us.