How to improve your level against the champions?

Fax

Hello, I ask myself a question for a long time but at the beginning, when I faced the champions (rather, 1 champion) in a few games in general, I won and I did not spend a lot of tickets for him. Now, I think I'm over 100 tickets to face.
How did we improve or UP our girls against them as early as against the champions? I have UP all my daughters but nothing changes. Thank you for giving me advice.

11 hours ago, Fax said:

Hello, I ask myself a question for a long time but at the beginning, when I faced the champions (rather, 1 champion) in a few games in general, I won and I did not spend a lot of tickets for him. Now, I think I'm over 100 tickets to face.
How did we improve or UP our girls against them as early as against the champions? I have UP all my daughters but nothing changes. Thank you for giving me advice.

Take a look at the positions:

What I do is level up first the legendary and epic girls of my own speciality, and the 5-star legendaries of any speciality and the 5-stars of any speciality. That ensures you have a bunch of girls that give you maximum attack power. You just need to use most of the rerolls to at least get 5 of them.

What I've been doing is keeping some books in reserve, plus those I buy when the market refreshes. Once I settle on my team for the champion stage I'm working on, I level up those girls, if possible.

My goal with refreshes is to end up with 7 girls with matching positions, but that doesn't always work.

I'm also avoiding facing Visor again until I get all the other girls.

• Like 1

What I do is screen shot the positions on my computer (burning one round per level) then I use my drafts to get girls with the same positions (i try for 6 out of 10). Then I use all EXP books I have to level up the girls with matching positions.

I haven't experimented much with it (because im lazy) but you can keep a few sets of gear for the champions. Legendary monostats in the champs class to increase your def, or monostats in your class to boost ATK. 

There are also monostats for ego and harmony, which are the only other stats listed vs the champion.

Also the more affection levels the girlhas unlocked the more EXP counts towards their attack stat.

On 8/30/2019 at 5:43 PM, Fax said:

I agree with George MTO re. levelling up your girls.  However, I'm reticient about giving too much advice because I'm a newbie re. The Champions and I'm still learning.

I'll share the little bit of what I've found so far:

(1) level up your girls, yes, and keep your own XP levelled up (daily missions, arena, progressing through quests and The Leagues).

(2) look at the positions the champ chooses for your girls and the order your girls step up to the 'plate'.  You can manipulate the order they appear to match your girls' positions with that which the champ assigns them.  I found that this doesn't tend to be of much use first time up, but if you fail to impress the champion you can have another go in 10 or so minutes.  This is when you can look at choosing girls whose favourite positions match what the champ assigns.  I found that these positions are not renewed, nor does the order that they are put up from round to round, so if you paid attention and saw your first effort as a dummy run, next time you can pick your girls and change their order more carefully.

(3) if a girl's favourite position matches that which the champ assigns for her, her performance impresses him doubly.  This is the best way to max out impression before your ego dies.  Note that this girl' favourite position will always be matching the one the champ assigns round after round (as implied under point 2).

(4) I discovered that the three factors of narcissism (for charm), wild burst (for hardcore) and reassurance (for know-how) apply.  I haven't worked out yet how narcissism and wild burst help me in this case, but I found that know-how girls can offer reassurance and up my ego a little (around 16,000).  This can stave off the time of death and even keep me on life support to eventually impress the champion.

(5) levelling up ALL your girls gives you a better basis of choice according to each respective girls' best position (this is taking me ages because I have 170 girls in one account and I have been very slack at upgrading those not matching my speciality!  The Champions changed my focus).

(6) be aware that initially the number of free redrafts starts at around 15 or 16.  If you are beaten first time around and have another go around 10 minutes later, the number of free redrafts starts at what you had left when you finished the last redraft first time around.  Does this make sense?  I'm not sure it does!  Anyway, you might end up being stuck with a final draft unless you pay 12 kobans for each successive redraft (or it may be 15-16 more per 12 kobans - I haven't tested it yet).

Regarding advancing quickly, I haven't worked out how to do this outside of each 24 hour resting period unless I fork out heaps on kobans to skip resting.  Because I never spend kobans to do this, it's for this reason I never seem to run out of tickets.

I can't comment on equipment.  Mine is crap anyway and I haven't worked out how to acquire better stuff, especially the mono-stats in my class.  When these are available from the market, not only are they as rare as rhodium, but they ALWAYS seem to be available when I don't have anywhere enough cash to buy them - Murphy's Law at its most annoying.

2 ore fa, Zorba the Geek ha scritto:

(6) be aware that initially the number of free redrafts starts at around 15 or 16.  If you are beaten first time around and have another go around 10 minutes later, the number of free redrafts starts at what you had left when you finished the last redraft first time around.  Does this make sense?  I'm not sure it does!  Anyway, you might end up being stuck with a final draft unless you pay 12 kobans for each successive redraft (or it may be 15-16 more per 12 kobans - I haven't tested it yet).

You have a set amount of free redraft for every phase of every champion, and that amount corresponds to the total number of girls in your harem divided by 10 rounded down (es: 30 girls = 3 free redrafts; 73 girls = 7 free redrafts, 159 girls = 15 free redrafts; 171 girls = 17 free redrafts, etc).

Once the free rerolls are finished, you have to pay for them, 12 kobans + 6 kobans for each new reroll, so the first one after the free rerolls is 12 kobans, the second one is 18, the third one is 24, etc

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Antimon said:

You have a set amount of free redraft for every phase of every champion, and that amount corresponds to the total number of girls in your harem divided by 10 rounded down (es: 30 girls = 3 free redrafts; 73 girls = 7 free redrafts, 159 girls = 15 free redrafts; 171 girls = 17 free redrafts, etc).

Once the free rerolls are finished, you have to pay for them, 12 kobans + 6 kobans for each new reroll, so the first one after the free rerolls is 12 kobans, the second one is 18, the third one is 24, etc

That explains it.  Thanks.  Pretty expensive for successive paid-for redrafts!

2 ore fa, Zorba the Geek ha scritto:

That explains it.  Thanks.  Pretty expensive for successive paid-for redrafts!

Yes, they are. But if I can give you my two cents, you don't really need them. Based on my experience, the free redrafts are usually  enough to get a team with 5/7 girls with the requested poses, which in all probability won't be the best team that could come out from your harem pool, but it certainly won't be that bad either (Obviously, fort this to be true, you must have all the girls in your harem more or less at the same level).

Extra redrafts are vital if you want to build the best team possible for facing the champion, but this could totally become a dangerous, frustrating and self-harming practice: rerolling is basically playing with a rng-roulette, and keeping doing it to obtain the ideal team can lead to "wasting" a large amount of kobans (one clan mate of mine spent 2000+ kobans, and was almost unawares of it)

Edited by Antimon

3 hours ago, Antimon said:

Yes, they are. But if I can give you my two cents, you don't really need them. Based on my experience, the free redrafts are usually  enough to get a team with 5/7 girls with the requested poses, which in all probability won't be the best team that could come out from your harem pool, but it certainly won't be that bad either (Obviously, fort this to be true, you must have all the girls in your harem more or less at the same level).

Extra redrafts are vital if you want to build the best team possible for facing the champion, but this could totally become a dangerous, frustrating and self-harming practice: rerolling is basically playing with a rng-roulette, and keeping doing it to obtain the ideal team can lead to "wasting" a large amount of kobans (one clan mate of mine spent 2000+ kobans, and was almost unawares of it)

Yes, I agree.  Most often I after 5-6 redrafts I can get an extra collection of suitable girls that I didn't tick and I stick with that.  Too many redrafts and I don't have enough to reset my team once I lose, if I need to (seldom do I have to).  On another matter, going up against Whaty I realise Lissa is know-how which means she can give Whaty reassurance and this can be a mild nuisance if my ego is seriously depleted.

Re. the girls' levels, this is a bane of my existence at the moment.  I'm slowly building them up, but it's taking ages (with only 8 book slots from the market every 8hrs - unless I use 42 kobans to restock and the chances of getting some of those great legendary spell books or encyclopedia is not guaranteed).  At the moment in my Peckerbird account, I have 2/3 of my girls maxed out and I've been able to get by on this (just), but I'd like to get many more maxed.  In all other accounts it's between a third and half which obviously is pretty inadequate.

I find my 15 free drafts will get me 6-8 girls with matching positions. 6 is rare, 7 is usual, 8 is rare.

Put your very best girls early in the rotation (while matching position). If you only get to use girls 1-6 (I am looking at you Visor) you might as well make sure your best girls get their wacks in. If you get to round 13 it is best to have your best 3 girls attack twice.

When you are drafting, early positions are worth more for the reasons given above. When you are deciding which girl to protect with a tick a 23K power in position 1 may be worth more than a 25K in position 9. If you do not protect the position 1 23K and the draft replaces her with a non-matching girl you will be :(.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

I find my 15 free drafts will get me 6-8 girls with matching positions. 6 is rare, 7 is usual, 8 is rare.

Put your very best girls early in the rotation (while matching position). If you only get to use girls 1-6 (I am looking at you Visor) you might as well make sure your best girls get their wacks in. If you get to round 13 it is best to have your best 3 girls attack twice.

When you are drafting, early positions are worth more for the reasons given above. When you are deciding which girl to protect with a tick a 23K power in position 1 may be worth more than a 25K in position 9. If you do not protect the position 1 23K and the draft replaces her with a non-matching girl you will be :(.

Yep.  Agree completely.  I have just discovered this since my first post.

for early champions like first 3 both matching positions or filling you'r team with strongest possible know-how girls worked for me  but  for the later champions stage 4 onward  nothing works there is a slight difference between matching and know-how strategy there that i can't tell which works or rather doesn't work because i spend all the tickets and get nowhere  specially with Visor and Alban also  i get the feeling champion girls activate their skills more often with their 7-14% chance than my girls do with 41-46% which is a bit strange .

1 ora fa, LordRagy84 ha scritto:

for early champions like first 3 both matching positions or filling you'r team with strongest possible know-how girls worked for me  but  for the later champions stage 4 onward  nothing works there is a slight difference between matching and know-how strategy there that i can't tell which works or rather doesn't work because i spend all the tickets and get nowhere  specially with Visor and Alban also  i get the feeling champion girls activate their skills more often with their 7-14% chance than my girls do with 41-46% which is a bit strange .

When facing a strong champion, know how strategy can't be as valid as matching positions, I'll try with an example: let's say you can survive 6 round per match and that all your girls deal the same amount of damage (that we'll call "dmg"). If you manage to get 6 girls with matching positions for the first 6 rounds, you get 6 x (2 x dmg)= 12dmg. To deal the same damage with know-how strategy, you're girls must double your survivability, and that (against Ryu, Visor and Alban) is very unlikely.

About the fact that the champion girls activate their skill more often with a very minor harmony stat, I think it's only a mind delusion. We tend to focus way more on unlucky matches than what we do with the normal or lucky ones. The fact that you have 40% and he has 10% doesn't apply to single/few matches, but to the overall number of it.

• Like 3

The know how strategy worked wonders for me with Romero: I recently cleared his stage 6.1 with only one ticket, with six know how girls in the first draft, starting with around 288K EGO and ending the battle after 120 - 130 rounds with more or less 450K. Take also into account that to clear Romero 5.3, 5.4 and 5.5 i needed two tickets instead of one.

Conversely, in the later bosses the know how strategy loses effect, simply by the progressive but anyways huge increase in the champions raw attack power (although I believe that having some know how girls when I fought Alban 1.1 made me spare a couple of tickets). This becomes even more relevant if the players gets unlucky and has more than two matching poses on Matsuda and especially on Visor. I usually try to follow @snowman22 strategy as closely as I am able.

• 2 weeks later...