Patch Notes 19/12/19 -- Discussion

FinderKeeper

patchnotes_forum_size.png

General

• The game will be unavailable on the 19th of December for one hour at 10:00 UTC+1.

Adventure

• This Thursday expect the release of World 13 quest 4: Finally, you've gained some power back. But how do you use it to return home? Maybe the answer was right in front of you the whole time?

Villains

• This Thursday we introduce Tiers for Villains: a new feature to improve the balance of the game.
    • By default, the current Villain balance will be the first Tier of each Villain
    • When the maximum level of a Tier is reached, the next Tier unlocks
      • When  the Villain has been leveled-up:
        • Villain gets to max level (and stays there forever, for this tier)
        • The next Tier is unlocked and selected as default for the player
    • At the release,the higher the Tier, the more powerful the villain become:
      • Dark Lord with Tier 2 from level 30 to 80 and Tier 3 from level 80 to 140
      • Donatien with Tier 2 from level 130 to 260
      • Finalmecia with Tier 2 from level 260 to 480
      • Roko Sensei with Tier 2 from level 290 to 530
      • Jackson’s Crew with Tier 2 from level 350 to 615
    • You will be able to switch Tier as you desire
    • Each Tier will have its own skin
    • On Tier 1 there will still be 3 girls and for every new tier there will be a new girl to seduce
      • Akhates for Dark Lord’s Tier 2
      • Esperance for Dark Lord’s Tier 3
      • Xia for Donatien’s Tier 2
      • Bolt for Finalmecia’s Tier 2
      • Hima for Roko Sensei’s Tier 2
      • Balista for Jackson’s Crew Tier 2
    • On every new Tier, the Alpha girl of the Villain will be replaced by the drop girl
    • Beyond Tier 1, all Vilain will offer Ymen as rewards
      • Jackson's Crew will give 500 Ymens plus 100 per level
    • For Tier 2, all affection's win will be from 1 to 4
    • For Tier 3, all affection's win will be from 1 to 3
    • Beyond Tier 1, all Vilain will win a level every 10 victories against them.
    • If the player has already maxed up the Villain,  the next Tier will get unlocked and it will be the default one. 
    • During Events, the Villain Girls will be available at every Tier, so you will be able to choose which Tier you compete in. 
    • During Events, the Villain will have the special skin only for the first Tier, for the following he/she will have the default skin.

Captureeeee.PNG

Harem

• The mysterious Akhates will remind you of someone…but in a very obscure way!
  • Esperance is the King’s favourite but keep your eyes open, something is boiling in the pot.
  • The brave shinigami Xia will show you her hidden femininity  ;)
  • Bolt was in danger after her last campaign against the Shokushu, she will give you something good!
  • Protect the skyline of your city, Hima is very horny and will have fun with the skyscrapers ;)
  • She was so evil, but now Balista have a chance to redeem herself.

Akhates.png           Esperance.png       Xia.png

Akhates                      Esperance                        Xia 

Bolt.pngHima.png  Balista.png    

Bolt                  Hima                 Balista

Edited by FinderKeeper
updated patch notes

It's all good and all, but I have a few questions about this patch notes.

13 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

On Tier 1 there will still be 3 girls and for every new tier there will be a new girl to seduce

First: Will these 3 girls be still available at tiers 2 and 3?

Second: Will these tiers and levels be given retrospectively ? I mean, I battled Dark Lord, Donatien and Roko Sensei so many times at this point that I should have them at max tier and max level already. And it seems unfair that I will have to waste time and combativity on them again.

• Thinking 1

il y a 16 minutes, Bomba a dit :

It's all good and all, but I have a few questions about this patch notes.

Second: Will these tiers and levels be given retrospectively ? I mean, I battled Dark Lord, Donatien and Roko Sensei so many times at this point that I should have them at max tier and max level already. And it seems unfair that I will have to waste time and combativity on them again.

First:Well yeah it is said in the patchnote

Second:Hum no the goal of this update is to help newbies beside you're already quit forced to use combativity during events when the girls are on those boss

Edited by fenronin

45 minutes ago, Bomba said:

They did not add retroactive levels before, when the levels were first added, so I doubt they will this time either.

• Like 2

I'll miss the villain skin on events.  Let's face it, veterans will never see the villain skin on some of these early bosses ever again.  This is only ok if the plan is to phase out the villain skins.

The wording is confusing.  If I have maxed a villain but don't have the alpha girl, I can to continue to fight tier one for alpha girl shards or choose to fight tier two for the T2 girl shards?

19 minutes ago, Gremlinking said:

The wording is confusing.  If I have maxed a villain but don't have the alpha girl, I can to continue to fight tier one for alpha girl shards or choose to fight tier two for the T2 girl shards?

The patch notes says

... which implies that yes, you will be able to "continue" to fight tier one.

I can see this being very nice at certain times. Before this if you got all the boss girls (managed it twice so far) and had all the event girls (I only need to play about 60% of event days) you where stuck in no-shard-land. It is going to be a while before I am in that position again (20% done Pandora's girls) but it is a smart move by kinkoid. 

Cheaper than a new world (or if there are no more worlds) but still gives long time players something to shoot for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bomba said:

1 hour ago, fenronin said:

First:Well yeah it is said in the patchnote

No, the phrasing implies that each new tier has it's own new girls to seduce. New, as separate. Tier 1 - has 3 girls, that we're already know. Tier 2 - has 1 new girl, only 1 new girl. Tier 3 - another 1 new girl, only that 1 girl.

So, for example: You can't seduce Dark Lord's tier2 girl, if you are in tier3; You can't seduce the remaining shard for Jackson’s Crew tier1 girls, if you're at tier2.

And a quote below shows that I'm not alone on this one.

32 minutes ago, Gremlinking said:

10 minutes ago, ali-n said:

The patch notes says

... which implies that yes, you will be able to "continue" to fight tier one.

43 minutes ago, MaybeRegret said:

Why? 

Because veteran players who fought Dark Lord 20000 times after maxing his tier1 would be in the same position as new players who just maxed him. All this new features that were added recently has only one target in mind - making new players more powerful.  If you missed, they have more experience now. Way more. So they would be able to catch up to veteran players faster. But these veterans spend time and money to gain this advantage and now it's given to new players for free? Why it's fair? It means that all these efforts of veteran players just got wasted. I don't feel it's fair that the efforts of one part of community, that part of community that supported this game for longer, just got completely wasted in favour of new players. It makes sense from their(Kinkoid's) point of view. The older customers are already paying and if they sticked with us for so long, then such small changes will not force them to stop being our customers. And this changes will help attract new customers. But why is it fair to veteran players?

Added new girls - ok, fine. No one talking about - "hey, if they added them earlier, I would have already gotten them" . I'm saying that all those fights above max level should be counted. And veteran players should have access to tiers 2 and 3 with max levels rewards (or whatever level they reached). I know that they will not do it, because they rarely do anything about things, which are not game-breaking, but I think this is still an issue that should be pointed out.

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

Interesting, though hopefully more tier would also mean higher rewards. Extra cash is definitely needed.

Though at the same time, I'm starting to feel really sorry for newer players. The way things are going, new players will never managed to get all villain girls. They simply don't have time to fight against normal story bosses. 

I don't really get the idea of Event girls being available at every tier.
I thought the purpose of this could be during revivals: e.g. in January 2020, the January 2019 girl would be available in Dark Lord's tiers 1-30. January 2018 girl would be available in tiers 31-80 and January 2017 girl in tiers 81-130. (Just an example, yeah, there was no event in January 2017). So the player could choose which tiers to fight and there could be just one five-day revival during the month, leaving room for a more interesting Orgy Days format and something else new every month, so that all months would not look depressingly the same. Also some very old pachinko-locked girls could be placed in different tiers.

But it seems that there will still be just one event girl per boss.

@Bomba wrt unfair advantage to new players. Meh. The game changes. When I started events occupied much less of each month and 100 drops where more common (and the only drop). Now a new player is faced with 31-12-5-4-4=max 6 event free days a month when they can work on world bosses. Add in a few days a month if they luck out and finish an event early. Call it 6-8 days a month. Even Silvanus is going to take a current player 2-4 months. It was easier when I was a lad.

Add in the juicy koban rewards available to higher level players in Leagues and I am not worried about somebody starting now.

"Whats-a behind me is not important!" Snaps off rear view mirror and chucks it out of the car. (Franco in Gumball Rally.)

• Thanks 1

Should have just added the extra girls to the villains and had the new ones have a rarity but give out less shards like the girls from the higher villains give out

I would rather they work on giving more girls 4/5 star scenes than adding more girls that are not getting 4/5 star scenes.

• Like 1

@snowman22 I'm not talking about new players. Only veterans. And how they're put in the same starting position as the new players. There's no problem, when new things rely on level and strength, like Champions, but here it relies on combativity. And in this case on the already spent combativity. 

All this is just raising a question of where this game is going. Seeing as Jackson’s Crew level now goes up to 615, I guess the level cap will rise again. The new art is not always to my liking. And maybe they will add another feature, which will be questionable. With all those unfixed bugs and other problems, I don't really like the direction of where this game is going right now and all I want is to be sure that I understand that direction correctly.

• Thanks 1

Overall, it is good that more girls are available, apart the side note that I frankly don't understand why the hell if they wished to release six girls they gave them to sparse bosses skipping Ninja Spy, Gruntt, Edwarda, Bremen, Silvanus and Karole (apart world coherency). Personally I would have found more right to start from the first bosses and introduce new tiers/girls proceeding towards later worlds, but, as I said, this is personal taste.

Anyway, the main problem is always the same. Even considering only players already at the last world, given the drop rate of shards of Digisekai girls (and thus the time that will be needed to obtain them, and the consequent spare time before a new world), it will be almost impossible for a free player to gather shards for these new girls without doing it during an event where an event girl is on the same villain, meaning that without a heavy combativity refilling, this is to be considered a long term feature, although in a different way in comparison to the champions. Dunno if it will available, but IMHO a player that will score a lucky 100 on one of those girls will have to regard himself as double lucky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bomba said:

Because veteran players who fought Dark Lord 20000 times after maxing his tier1 would be in the same position as new players who just maxed him

Exactly. All in the same conditions. This is fair.

3 hours ago, Bomba said:

I know that they will not do it, because they rarely do anything about things, which are not game-breaking,

I think they just didn't count.

3 hours ago, Bomba said:

So they would be able to catch up to veteran players faster.

Are you scared of new players? You can just create a new account, if you think that new players have some advantage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Bomba said:

No, the phrasing implies that each new tier has it's own new girls to seduce. New, as separate. Tier 1 - has 3 girls, that we're already know. Tier 2 - has 1 new girl, only 1 new girl. Tier 3 - another 1 new girl, only that 1 girl.

So, for example: You can't seduce Dark Lord's tier2 girl, if you are in tier3; You can't seduce the remaining shard for Jackson’s Crew tier1 girls, if you're at tier2.

And a quote below shows that I'm not alone on this one.

Because veteran players who fought Dark Lord 20000 times after maxing his tier1 would be in the same position as new players who just maxed him. All this new features that were added recently has only one target in mind - making new players more powerful.  If you missed, they have more experience now. Way more. So they would be able to catch up to veteran players faster. But these veterans spend time and money to gain this advantage and now it's given to new players for free? Why it's fair? It means that all these efforts of veteran players just got wasted. I don't feel it's fair that the efforts of one part of community, that part of community that supported this game for longer, just got completely wasted in favour of new players. It makes sense from their(Kinkoid's) point of view. The older customers are already paying and if they sticked with us for so long, then such small changes will not force them to stop being our customers. And this changes will help attract new customers. But why is it fair to veteran players?

Added new girls - ok, fine. No one talking about - "hey, if they added them earlier, I would have already gotten them" . I'm saying that all those fights above max level should be counted. And veteran players should have access to tiers 2 and 3 with max levels rewards (or whatever level they reached). I know that they will not do it, because they rarely do anything about things, which are not game-breaking, but I think this is still an issue that should be pointed out.

Is this your first online game? If not then you should know that after a while all online games ditch their veterans and focus solely on new players, since they believe that as long as there is an influx of new players they can profit more. So it's nothing new that devs shit on their veterans, it's just their nice way of telling veterans thanks for all the fish cya later...

• Thinking 1

58 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

Overall, it is good that more girls are available, apart the side note that I frankly don't understand why the hell if they wished to release six girls they gave them to sparse bosses skipping Ninja Spy, Gruntt, Edwarda, Bremen, Silvanus and Karole (apart world coherency). Personally I would have found more right to start from the first bosses and introduce new tiers/girls proceeding towards later worlds, but, as I said, this is personal taste.

We will get higher tiers on every villain. They just released them on these to start with.
Why these? Probably threw the dice and picked these.

image.png.8fe58a3b93465435ad99385306f9a2c3.png

• Thanks 6
  • Sad 1