12/Feb/2020 week 7 patch note discussion

Antimon

2 minutes ago, Antimon said:

about the two epic x1 orbs as separate rewards, you're right, they may be one single reward.

By the way, the fact that it says "an additional drop" makes me think that is a on time only reward. A permanent between one time only rewards is a risky move, if they wanted it to be permanent they could put the orb instead of the legendary gifts you get in the final stage after you got all the champion exclusive rewards (and they didn't say anything about the legendary gifts, I'd say they're still there)

Exactly. It's all speculation, until they edit it again or explain how it actually works.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Antimon said:

By the way, the fact that it says "an additional drop" makes me think that is a on time only reward. A permanent between one time only rewards is a risky move, if they wanted it to be permanent they could put the orb instead of the legendary gifts you get in the final stage after you got all the champion exclusive rewards (and they didn't say anything about the legendary gifts, I'd say they're still there)

Reward-cleared stage 5 looks like this now:

image.png.619a8704da7d3dfee8afeae208643803.png

No more affection gifts.

• Thanks 2

8 ore fa, _shal_ ha scritto:

Reward-cleared stage 5 looks like this now:

image.png.619a8704da7d3dfee8afeae208643803.png

No more affection gifts.

You are at stage 9-1,  though, and they added (at least) 1 reward to the champion exclusive rewards pool, of course you'll get 1 pachinko orb in stage 9-5. We'll have to see what happens after one gets the pachinko orbs reward, ( I'm at stage 6 with Romero, and I have the pachinko orb in my stage 6-5 reward pool)

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Antimon said:

You are at stage 8-1,  though, and they added (at least) 1 reward to the champion exclusive rewards pool, of course you'll get 1 pachinko orb in stage 8-5. We'll have to see what happens after one gets the pachinko orbs reward

I was responding specifically to the "legendary gifts, I'd say they're still there" speculation.

Personally, I expect that stage 5 orbs will have a 0% drop probability as long as other rewards are still in the pool.

Just now, _shal_ said:

I was responding specifically to the "legendary gifts, I'd say they're still there" speculation.

Personally, I expect that stage 5 orbs will have a 0% drop probability as long as other rewards are still in the pool.

I'm one stage away from Vizor 8, to have cleared all the girls so I hope you're right.  ButI expect its more likely something like A% chance of girl, B% chance of not a girl, then a second spin for a random prize from the pool, and what they meant was that A% has not changed by adding another prize to the B pool.  But of course this does mean it may take 9 clears for the girl.

8 ore fa, _shal_ ha scritto:

And I was saying that, since they added a reward to the exclusive pool, you don't have it cleared yet, so you obviously don't see the legendary gifts as a possible outcome.

Edited by Antimon

42 minutes ago, Antimon said:

And I was saying that, since they add a reward to the exclusive pool, you don't have it cleared yet, so you obviously don't see the legendary gifts as a possible outcome.

Fair enough, that possible interpretation was one I had missed.

However, courtesy of an anonymous benefactor on Discord (totally not @Habi) a few minutes ago:

Screenshot_20200212-175018.png

Screenshot_20200212-175041.png

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Parce92 said:

What about the Ymen replacement in the leagues, in my case is a huge lost, because at this moment my Ymen earnings are very low

Mine too. I really dislike it. As a new player I have a huge deficit of Ymens. I also don't like the replacement of last daily reward in Arena - 2 tickets for the orb.

Epic Daily Missions

• Replacing Ymen/Equipment rewards from Epic Daily Mission with a chance for Epic x1 game Orb.

That's good. These items are crappy, and the amount of money is too low.

And about the new orb system in general I gotta say only one thing - the rich gets richer. As always LUL

The orb system is apparently designed to nerf Ymen income for some reason. Not sure what that would be as upgrades are even more difficult. Less money from Leagues, less money from champions due to the reduction of ticket influx. 

What's more, a play in the same Club as me defeated a Champion today and got an Orb instead of the Girl, when those were the only 2 options at the time. Thus proving the "The orbs will NOT decrease the chance of obtaining the champion girls." part of the patch notes as false.

It's great that we'll have more chances to get girl and actually play the Pachinko, since kobans were always more efficient to use elsewhere. But it should not be to the detriment to the rest of the game mechanics and income.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As a couple of other users have already noted, the decision to exchange the money element of the league prizes for orbs in the lower leagues will not benefit the newer users who, ostensibly, make up the majority of the lower leagues' competitors. The problem isn't so much the principle as it is the rate of exchange: eg in Wanker III the money element of the 1st place prize, which has now been replaced with a single Mythic orb, was ~2.5m. I doubt there are many, if any, in Wanker III who would've, voluntarily, taken a single Mythic orb over ~2.5m money.

Edited by Bruce Buttfucker
  • Like 1

More 5 star girls is great! ^_^ 👌

It's really preliminar to talk about the orbs, since (like already mentioned), we don't have a way of even knowing how to get some of them.

Anyway, about what we do know, personally I'm not a fan that the orbs are only on the promotion positions 😑 

Not that I can't understand the reasoning, I'm just not fond that it forces promotions and unpromotions (maybe that's the point).

" Villains will have a chance of dropping an Epic x1 Orb" -> I'm assuming this is added to everything else, so good :) 

"The last reward from Arena Daily Quests will be one Mythic x1 game Orb which will replace the 2 champion ticket reward." -> Not a fan. I prefer the 2 tickets to countless avatars (which you'll get 99% of the time, I've heard)

"Replacing  Yhem/Equipment rewards from Epic Daily Mission with a chance for Epic x1 game" -> This one seems good to me (maybe I'm missing something 😂)

"Champions will now have an additional drop of one Epic x1 game Orb for the first three champions and two Epic x1 game Orbs for the second three champions. 

The orbs will NOT decrease the chance of obtaining the champion girls." -> It must. There should be 9 drops now, so the chances are 1/9 instead of 1/8. Unless this reward just comes together with one of the other drops, which would contradict the 1st sentence. But, at least, it's something free, so that can't be bad.

I'm guessing that maybe they're also looking/open to suggestions on how/where to make these available, so make sure to post those suggestions away :D 

• Like 1

1 ora fa, _shal_ ha scritto:

Fair enough, that possible interpretation was one I had missed.

However, courtesy of an anonymous benefactor on Discord (totally not @Habi) a few minutes ago:

Screenshot_20200212-175018.png

Screenshot_20200212-175041.png

Ok, so pachinko orbs replace legendary gifts. Ok.

The next question is: since the orbs are available as rewards for stage 5 even before one gets all the other 8 exclusive rewards, if one gets the orb, does it remain available as a stage 5 rewards again, or does it disappear and return back as a reward after the collection of all the other exclusive rewards?

And we're back to the initial problem "does orbs add only one eventual stage, or does they stay there and increase potentially indefinitely the max stage in which one very unlucky player che obtain the champion girl?"

19 minuti fa, LanceHardwood ha scritto:

What's more, a play in the same Club as me defeated a Champion today and got an Orb instead of the Girl, when those were the only 2 options at the time. Thus proving the "The orbs will NOT decrease the chance of obtaining the champion girls." part of the patch notes as false.

@LanceHardwood, could you ask to your club mate if he has the orb still available in stage 5 rewards pool of this champion from which he already got the orb and let us know?

27 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

The orb system is apparently designed to nerf Ymen income for some reason. Not sure what that would be as upgrades are even more difficult. Less money from Leagues, less money from champions due to the reduction of ticket influx. 

It's great that we'll have more chances to get girl and actually play the Pachinko, since kobans were always more efficient to use elsewhere. But it should not be to the detriment to the rest of the game mechanics and income.

In fairness, they've been adding more 5 star girls... over the long term, that should mean quite more $ (but not millions overnight). 

Nevertheless, it's mind-boggling to replace millions (I think it reached around this, though I can't be sure) of ymen by 1x mythic orbs 🤔 

Only Epic x10 for a few (pretty much always the same) players is also... well, uninteresting to all the other players 😅 There's always avatars, though 🙄

The tickets decrease is also something troubling, I think. It makes it harder to get more $ and much slower to get through the champions as you'll have more trouble getting enough tickets to have a steady progress.

But at first sight, it's a lot of $ gone for a few pachinko spins that guarantees you nothing (with maybe a few exceptions) as valuable or very little in return.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Karyia said:

"Replacing  Yhem/Equipment rewards from Epic Daily Mission with a chance for Epic x1 game" -> This one seems good to me (maybe I'm missing something 😂)

On the test server yesterday it appeared that it may be an even three-way split between tickets, orbs and "other stuff" now, so on average you'll get one epic mission per day with each reward type. Needs more testing though.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Antimon said:

@LanceHardwood, could you ask to your club mate if he has the orb still available in stage 5 rewards pool of this champion from which he already got the orb and let us know?

Waiting on a reply atm, but pretty sure it's repeatable, it wouldn't make sense otherwise. Originally I thought Orbs would start dropping only after all other rewards are obtained, but that was proven wrong pretty quick. I hope a fix is coming to address this, as if true it's possible that we can go multiple runs without obtaining the girl due to getting an orb. Given the amount of effort it requires to beat a Champion I'd say that we should be getting a x10 orb reward instead of x1. It's comparatively bad especially when you consider that you'll be getting the same x1 Orb per day from Arena alone.

18 minutes ago, Karyia said:

In fairness, they've been adding more 5 star girls... over the long term, that should mean quite more $ (but not millions overnight). 

Nevertheless, it's mind-boggling to replace millions (I think it reached around this, though I can't be sure) of ymen by 1x mythic orbs 🤔 

Only Epic x10 for a few (pretty much always the same) players is also... well, uninteresting to all the other players 😅 There's always avatars, though 🙄

The tickets decrease is also something troubling, I think. It makes it harder to get more $ and much slower to get through the champions as you'll have more trouble getting enough tickets to have a steady progress.

But at first sight, it's a lot of $ gone for a few pachinko spins that guarantees you nothing (with maybe a few exceptions) as valuable or very little in return.

Exactly my point. And even if we do manage to get a few girls out of Pachinko what then ? The reduction in money influx means that those will be useless for the most part as we'll be less able to upgrade them. Even long term it's bad, considering the cost of bringing an epic or legendary girl to 5 stars, plus girls are a poor source of money anyway.

What's most concerning is specifically how it affects Champions, which are a good source of cash, especially if you find it difficult to compete in leagues. The removal of tickets from Arena is bad, so the only hope we have is that they will at least compensate for this in the daily missions. But the worst part is the addition of Orb to the ultimate tier of rewards.

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

Given the amount of effort it requires to beat a Champion I'd say that we should be getting a x10 orb reward instead of x1.

About this... at least for the last 3 champions, maybe this could be 1st a x10 orb, and then, if they want to keep with it, a x1 orb?

I agree with you that those 3 champs (and Albane sometimes is pretty bold too) should be rewarded differently. Maybe that's too much?

9 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

What's most concerning is specifically how it affects Champions, which are a good source of cash, especially if you find it difficult to compete in leagues. The removal of tickets from Arena is bad, so the only hope we have is that they will at least compensate for this in the daily missions. But the worst part is the addition of Orb to the ultimate tier of rewards.

For both cases, just thinking out loud and if possible, why not a mix of both? Even if there is an additional reward? Maybe 1 ticket and one orb in the daily missions?

As for the league, maybe less $ and an adjusted orb quantity? At least the impact wouldn't be so steep that way, I guess :) 

2 minutes ago, Karyia said:

About this... at least for the last 3 champions, maybe this could be 1st a x10 orb, and then, if they want to keep with it, a x1 orb?

I agree with you that those 3 champs (and Albane sometimes is pretty bold too) should be rewarded differently. Maybe that's too much?

For both cases, just thinking out loud and if possible, why not a mix of both? Even if there is an additional reward? Maybe 1 ticket and one orb in the daily missions?

As for the league, maybe less $ and an adjusted orb quantity? At least the impact wouldn't be so steep that way, I guess :) 

Okay, maybe not x10 for all champions, but it should start at x2 for the first one and go up from there. Given the way they increase in difficulty each time you beat them, it will still be a challenge to get orbs that way. But right now, getting an orb from a Champion seems more like a punishment than a reward.

For Leagues, I myself intend to stick to where I can comfortably make it to the 16-30 bracket and stay there. I have lots of girls to upgrade already, without trading in lots of cash for the dubious honor of 2 Epic rolls, which will likely be mono-stat gear items with the wrong stat anyway.

Also it seems likely that daily missions will be giving us mostly Great pachinko rolls, with Mythic and Epic being a rare occasion.

5 hours ago, Bomba said:

Orbs are cool, but the main question is: Do you still get the girl from Sex Champions at 8th stage max or it's now a permanent percent and you can go without a girl forever now?

I finished my last run on the last champion and surprise... bad news on the ass. The girl have a permanent percentage and you CAN go forever without the girl. 

My rewards for the exact 8th run was 2 pachinko orbs. The girl is still there, so as the pachinko orb as possible reward. 

• Sad 9

I don't think it's a coincidence that they've recently made tickets available for kobans and now they make tickets rarer and at the same time nerf them.

I really hate the nerf to the champions. I hope the orbs are at least a one time reward until you get all of them.

I am currently at 16th place in the Dicktator I League and could probably secure a top 15 spot but I'm not sure if I want to anymore, money is much more valuable to me than one orb. Most of the time one orb will get me one legendary affection or xp item so one orb is worth probably half a million. I'd much rather get 9mil. Only thing that might make the top 15 spot still worth  are the 600 extra kobans but as Lance pointed out, what's the point of getting another girl when I don't have the money to level it?

I don't hate the idea of the orbs but they shouldn't replace valuable tickets and money.

• Like 3