Patch Notes Week #17 discussion

jelom

27 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

Allow me to be cristalline: mine is not an excuse, but the actual and true reason I won't progress further in the event. You are free to believe it or not, but please avoid to call me a liar.

You were aware of this requirement to sell items several days ago, you looked over the structure of the event and chose to complain about several tasks not being achievable for you. This wasn't one of them. Can I ask what has changed since Tuesday when you saw the requirements, or at worst Wednesday when you clarified what the ones you couldn't do were to make this task suddenly an impossible one? It wasn't even one of the ones you'd have difficulty doing apparently, so I'm really confused as to how this has become such a hurdle for you.

"Several days", at least on my yardstick, is not the correct expression. Please go to re-read the last three lines of this post that I posted two days ago. Before posting those lines (I edited the post just for that) I didn't have thought that the second task would have been the end of my track (and I have no problem to say "my bad" about this), as up to that moment I was more concerned with the other three tasks I mentioned in the post, as they caught my attention earlier. If you read my previous posts in this thread I explained that I don't sell gray/green books and gifts because I find them more useful than doing that task, and even taking into account the subsequent rewards of the other tasks I would be able to complete (in my case, as you may remember we discussed elsewhere, up to the champion task), the game would not be worth the candle. And I said also that I don't play pachinko to get more items to sell for the same reason: in the end, it wouldn't be worth the candle. If these explanations are not enough to answer your question, then this means that I am not able to give you an answer.

11 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

"Several days", at least on my yardstick, is not the correct expression. Please go to re-read the last three lines of this post that I posted two days ago. Before posting those lines (I edited the post just for that) I didn't have thought that the second task would have been the end of my track (and I have no problem to say "my bad" about this), as up to that moment I was more concerned with the other three tasks I mentioned in the post, as they caught my attention earlier. If you read my previous posts in this thread I explained that I don't sell gray/green books and gifts because I find them more useful than doing that task, and even taking into account the subsequent rewards of the other tasks I would be able to complete (in my case, as you may remember we discussed elsewhere, up to the champion task), the game would not be worth the candle. And I said also that I don't play pachinko to get more items to sell for the same reason: in the end, it wouldn't be worth the candle. If these explanations are not enough to answer your question, then this means that I am not able to give you an answer.

Several is defined as more than two but not many. For me today is Saturday and you posted that you'd read the requirements on Tuesday, so 4 days ago? That seems like several to me.

I wasn't aware that at the time that edit was made you were aware you could sell things other than equipment (as many others have asked similar questions), so I thought my response to that one solved the issue. But fair enough, the boosters apparently don't solve that issue for you (as they weren't mentioned earlier in this thread that I saw). I guess we were both right in that you'd fail to complete this event.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Observer_X said:

I never said I use them intensively... I simply use purple, yellow and green items to bring up affection until 50-100 points or the like are left, and then I simply use grays to round the total to the exact value needed. As I said, given that they won't be refilled so easily anymore, as much time as that will need, sooner or later also those grays will exhaust.

Nah trust me, eventually you'll return to carole and waste combativity on grey items! Be it because there's a new tier on the boss, be it because there are event girls on her. ^^

• Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

If she has a new tier, she'll drop money rather than items.

Don't see any changes in the type of items that other bosses who have received a new tier drop though. Maybe i haven't stumbled upon one yet. Have the devs said something on the topic?

2 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

Don't see any changes in the type of items that other bosses who have received a new tier drop though. Maybe i haven't stumbled upon one yet. Have the devs said something on the topic?

Yes, when they gave Jackson's Crew a tier 2 (which was the initial release) he still drops books in tier 1, but cash by the normal standard in tier 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After all the fuss with the path of atraction issue, let me go on topic again and comment on one overlooked aspect of the patch notes in spite of its profound impact in the game.

Girls income timers:

• Grades 3, 4 and 5 have higher timers for collection (between 2 and 8 hours). Income per hour will not be changed.

With this change the efficiency of money collection has multiplied, allowing longer times between recollections and making a lot greater the income of Ymens collected every time. In my case the total amount possible has multipled by 2,5 times, but for some people can be three or more times bigger. With this change you get a lot more money in less times doing the task.

This change gives a great incentive to upgrade the affection level of all your girls to grade 3 or more, or at least the ones with the biggest recollection time.

Curiosities about the change in collection time for girls in the harem:
- Sung Tai Ki has lowered her collection money as their actual time (150 min) is lower than before (180 min). The same applies to Mikuzi passing from 180 minutes to 120, and Murane passing from 160 minutes to 120. Edit: Taria too, she has passed from 320 to 200 minutes.
- The girls that have improved most are Dameda, passing from 25 minutes to 360, and Lissa passing from 30 minutes to 420. Albane has also improved a lot passing from 35 to 480 minutes. All of them champions girls.
- The highest time is for Justine, Silver Lupa, Chiba and Piper with 600 minutes. With Golden Bunny at 540 minutes, they are the only girls over the 8 hours mark stated in the patch notes.
- The highest collection amount is for Silver Lupa with 39600 Ymens (with maxed club bonus) followed by golden bunny with 35640 Ymens and 540 minutes.
- Most girls had now collections timers that are multiples of 30 minutes, (120, 150, 180, 210, ...) except for a numerous group of girls with a timer of 130 minutes.
- Taria and Any are an exception in that their collection time is of 200 minutes.

A brief list of some of the girls with the highest collection time:

600 minutes: Justine, Silver Lupa, Chiba, Piper
540 minutes: Golden Bunny
480 minutes:
(five stars) Sheheramazond, Cunegonde, (three stars) Christmas Bunny, Arcana, Pooky, Hildr, Noella, Spring Rumiko, Neandertal Gork, Val Abrael, Boku mi Mai, Mala, Santa Claudia, Bass, vivia, Carlita, Akama, Albane, Sugu, Miyu, halloween Kimie, Atsuki, Aylie, Cheryl, Baker brittany, Natasha, Akhates, Chickmender, Shao, Addy

Note: I don't have all the girls in my harem, and the wiki is not updated yet so the list is not complete.

Edited by jelom
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, jelom said:

After all the fuss with the path of atraction issue, let me go on topic again and comment on one overlooked aspect of the patch notes in spite of its profound impact in the game.

Girls income timers:

• Grades 3, 4 and 5 have higher timers for collection (between 2 and 8 hours). Income per hour will not be changed.

With this change the efficiency of money collection has multiplied, allowing longer times between recollections and making a lot greater the income of Ymens collected every time. In my case the total amount possible has multipled by 2,5 times, but for some people can be three or more times bigger. With this change you get a lot more money in less times doing the task.

This change gives a great incentive to upgrade the affection level of all your girls to grade 3 or more, or at least the ones with the biggest recollection time.

Curiosities about the change in collection time for girls in the harem:
- Sung Tai Ki has lowered her collection money as their actual time (150 min) is lower than before (180 min). The same applies to Mikuzi passing from 180 minutes to 120, and Murane passing from 160 minutes to 120.
- The girls that have improved most are Dameda, passing from 25 minutes to 360, and Lissa passing from 30 minutes to 420. Albane has also improved a lot passing from 35 to 480 minutes. All of them champions girls.
- The highest time is for Justine, Silver Lupa, Chiba and Piper with 600 minutes. With Golden Bunny at 540 minutes, they are the only girls over the 8 hours mark stated in the patch notes.
- The highest collection amount is for Silver Lupa with 39600 Ymens (with maxed club bonus) followed by golden bunny with 35640 Ymens and 540 minutes.
- Most girls had now collections timers that are multiples of 30 minutes, (120, 150, 180, 210, ...) except for a numerous group of girls with a timer of 130 minutes.
- Taria and Any are an exception in that their collection time is of 200 minutes.

A brief list of some of the girls with the highest collection time:

600 minutes: Justine, Silver Lupa, Chiba, Piper
540 minutes: Golden Bunny
480 minutes:
(five stars) Sheheramazond, Cunegonde, (three stars) Christmas Bunny, Arcana, Pooky, Hildr, Noella, Spring Rumiko, Neandertal Gork, Val Abrael, Boku mi Mai, Mala, Santa Claudia, Bass, vivia, Carlita, Akama, Albane, Sugu, Miyu, halloween Kimie, Atsuki, Aylie, Cheryl, Baker brittany, Natasha, Akhates, Chickmender, Shao, Addy

Note: I don't have all the girls in my harem, and the wiki is not updated yet so the list is not complete.

Thanks for the info 👌

The Champions girls! Awesome... they were incredibly quick but also so "cheap" :D Now they're more true to their status 💪 Curious about the 5 star champs now.

6 ore fa, jelom ha scritto:

- Sung Tai Ki has lowered her collection money as their actual time (150 min) is lower than before (180 min). The same applies to Mikuzi passing from 180 minutes to 120, and Murane passing from 160 minutes to 120.

Taria, too. She was the only one I noticed, since she had the highest collection amount (in my harem, at least) and it was extremely satisfying for me to collect 22440 ymens (maxed club bonus) in one click. It made me kinda sad seeing her with a lower amount after the patch

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hace 22 horas, GeorgeMTO dijo:

I think the clarification is worthwhile, as both the PvP and boss battles tasks require victories. If the clarification wasn't there, someone would definitely assume it required victories. It'd be an incorrect assumption, but it could easily be made by someone who didn't have English as their first language.

But we have to keep in mid that there are 6 champions and each one needs a 24 hours cooldown before we're able to fight them again, unless you spend koband to skip the waiting, of course.

Given that the task demands asks for 30, if they needed to be wins that would require five days defeating all the girls to reach that number. At that point, you simply have no time to complete the rest of the tasks because the even is over or almost.

One last comment about the economics of the change of girl timers for collection.

I have made some calculations in excel to see the daily percentage of Ymens obtained collecting every 30, 45, 60, etc minutes. so we can compare the efficiency of different collecting times related to the theoretical maximum if it was collected instantly.

Of course the calculation is rough and this values are different depending on the girls you have and their grades of affection. This is calculated when most of them are maxed at 5 or 3 stars.I suspect the fact that most values in girls collection times are now multiples of 30 minutes makes the final result more inexact so take this with a grain of salt.

30 minutes -> 94% of the maximum
45 minutes -> 93%
60 minutes -> 91%
90 minutes -> 88%
120 minutes -> 86%
150 minutes -> 81%
180 min (3 h) -> 77%
240 min (4 h) -> 70%
300 min (5 h) -> 64%
360 min (6 h) -> 61%
480 min (8 h) -> 59%
720 min (12h) -> 46%

For comparison here are the values I calculated with the same method two years ago (when I had around 50 girls and not all their grades where maxed).

30 minutes -> 85% of the maximum
45 minutes -> 82%
60 minutes -> 76%
90 minutes -> 74%
120 minutes -> 67%
150 minutes -> 60%

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2020 at 1:06 AM, ali-n said:

I am already very much not liking the "Path of Attraction". I am not one of the type of players that keeps a large stash of items to sell, and it will likely take me a few days to accumulate FORTY items, and since these tasks are linear, I cannot perform any of the others until after that one, so probably very unlikely that I will even be able to get to item IV.

image.png.ac7a9f7f1fd420e14ef5e690c7996b19.png

I need the Books & Gifts to level up my girls. I don't have a lot of yemens or kobans either. Agreed the tasks being linear means I won't get anything in this event. The changes to the arena seem like and F U to causal players like my self (and I spend real money on the game from time to time when I can afford to).

Overall hopefully this is just an experiment, if not on to another game.

19 hours ago, Eman said:

But we have to keep in mid that there are 6 champions and each one needs a 24 hours cooldown before we're able to fight them again, unless you spend koband to skip the waiting, of course.

Given that the task demands asks for 30, if they needed to be wins that would require five days defeating all the girls to reach that number. At that point, you simply have no time to complete the rest of the tasks because the even is over or almost.

You need only to spend a ticket to fight. You must not win the stage of the champion and while you can long win against the first and second champion in one fight, the higher champions need more fights for the stage and between the fights in a stage are the cooldowon only 15 minutes.

hace 23 horas, bolitho76 dijo:

You need only to spend a ticket to fight. You must not win the stage of the champion and while you can long win against the first and second champion in one fight, the higher champions need more fights for the stage and between the fights in a stage are the cooldowon only 15 minutes.

Thanks but that's not what we were discussing. The point was thatone of the activities is " Do Champion Performances (no matter win/lose)" , for which I said that the clarification was out of place,  unnecessary.

GeorgeMTO thought that it was still a necessary diosclaimer given that the Arena & Tower of Fame activities specifically demand wins, and my answer to that was the comment you just quoted, that it can't be only wins because completing that task with only wins would take all the duration of the event.

As far as the income timer is concerned, this is very welcome.  I've come to be very lazy and use the autocollect option that costs me 12 kobans every time.  However, because it takes much longer to accumulate around 3 times as much cash I can still use the autocollect option without too much of a penalty time-wise from girls' payout maxed and money not being collected.  It suits me down to the ground.

However, I'm perplexed at how HH came up with the 'rebalance' as they call it.  For example, Golden Bunny pays out around a third more than before, but Taria (who originally paid out as much as Golden Bunny) has dropped to little higher than that of Val Abrael or Shao (both only 3 star girls).  That very slow payer, but who paid out well in the end, Sung Tai ki, remains a slow payer, but her payout is little changed.  On the other hand, Justine had a huge boost and is little less than that of Golden Bunny. And that 'totally useless Kunoichi', Dameda, is no longer so useless and now pays out well into four figures, 7620 ymen in fact.

I can see why such a rebalance may have been deemed necessary, but I cannot understand the methodology of how it was arrived at.  Can anyone explain it to me, please?

• Like 1